common boss issue or just me?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’v had an issue with some dungeon boss fights and can’t figure out if its just something I’m doing and need to improve on or if its annoying others as well.

every get those annoying bosses where some much is happening between him/her and the players you almost completely loose sight of them in the hail of attacks and suddenly find yourself face down in the dirt because you didn’t dodge the bosses big attack when you should have seen it coming a mile away all because you missed the signs.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

I’ve seen this happen usually on the grawl fractal for some on jade maw. Best advice i can give is to kite away as best as possible, but not getting too far away from the group. For melee i would usually back off and switch to range and try to keep myself up as much as possible. Best i can say is play more defensively, but you should generally maintain focus on boss moves.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Unless the animation is really subtle (Legendary Archdiviner), the boss has the same charge-up animation as an ele or necro skill (champion grawl shaman), or you’re afk (me in every COF run), there’s really no excuse for not dodging if you know what the move looks like and you have time to react. Offhand I can’t think of any boss with an OHKO move that doesn’t have an obvious animation or red circle, other than the aforementioned two.

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

It happened to me at Kholer and some other boss fights. With so many damage effects on the boss (like fire from guardian F1) you can’t see some of the bosses animations. Don’t know if this is bad design or intended, but i see it being a problem for new comers that aren’t aware of all the boss animations.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

It happened to me at Kholer and some other boss fights. With so many damage effects on the boss (like fire from guardian F1) you can’t see some of the bosses animations. Don’t know if this is bad design or intended, but i see it being a problem for new comers that aren’t aware of all the boss animations.

I agree. I’m pretty experienced fighting Kholer and have no problem dodging his pulls but I find that if we have, say, too many ele’s laying down AoE, it can be hard to see him charge up properly.
I love the visual effects from AoE’s though and I don’t know how Anet could fix the minor obstruction without degrading the visual quality.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Know how in TF2 you can see the outline of objectives through walls and effects? Like a minecart or briefcase?

I think GW2 needs something like that, where we can clearly see the red outline of a boss through walls and special effects, with the yellow charge as well.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Unless the animation is really subtle (Legendary Archdiviner), the boss has the same charge-up animation as an ele or necro skill (champion grawl shaman), or you’re afk (me in every COF run), there’s really no excuse for not dodging if you know what the move looks like and you have time to react. Offhand I can’t think of any boss with an OHKO move that doesn’t have an obvious animation or red circle, other than the aforementioned two.

malrona…..
red circle that lasta half a second…
A slight latency makes it almost impossible to evade, unless you live near an internet node.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.