difficulty of the first raid wing ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: samuel.1836

samuel.1836

hi, i waited to buy the expanion because i wanted know the difficulty of the raid of guild wars 2. now that anet say that he will add the second wing , how was the difficulty of the first raid wing ? . how many guild completed the first wing .? can a person actually to complete the first wing without a guild organized ? ( forgive my orthography, but i have a poor english ) thanks in advance

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Difficulty is subjective. Personnally, I find the difficulty just right.

My group took about 12 hours of training before our first kill. After a couple of months we are killing all 3 bosses each week.

VG is easy mode now. We can screw up and don’t have a good composition and we can still always succeed on the first or second shoot all the time. The difficulty of that boss was just to learn the mechanics.

Gorseval is easier to learn than VG, but the dps check is high enough that too much minor error and you just won’t be able to finish it. The difficulty of this boss really depend on your composition. The higher the dps of your composition the more room for error you will have to complete it. With practise and a decent composition the difficulty is average. You need to concentrate, but it’s not that hard.

Sabetha is a bit harder. Don’t know if it’s just because it’s the last boss so the one that we practised the less, but still. A lot of mistake will just kill you and not down you like at the other two so everybody must be good at this boss or you will just lose 1-3 people by the time the fight enter Vietnam mode at the end. This fight also need you to organized a lot and keep track of when and where you are and that for all the fight. For those reason I consider Sabetha to be the hardest and most fun of the 3 bosses.

A lot of guild complete the first wing, It’s been 2 months after all, but I know a lot of guild that have yet to complete all boss once and I still hear of guild that are still struggling with VG and Gorseval even if they at least killed them once.

Yes you can complete the first wing without a guild. But it’s hard are random. Tbh if you have 10 ppl with decent experience and build you can complete VG without problem. The only time it will screw up if when you get inexperienced or bad players, which still happen. A lot of people are just starting now to raid.

For gorseval. You need experienced players, good build and good composition if you want to have a chance to succeed in pugs. At that point, you start to see people asking to link gear, insight or show the Eternal title to join group because you have more chance to fail than to succeed at gorseval in pugs.

For sabetha, I don’t know. I just wouldn’t want to do sabetha in pug tbh. Just too much coordination and TS seem to be a must unless you have 10 good players that are experienced at sabetha.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If u are a player that can handle doing a few things at the same time, react quickly, while playing your role mediocre to optimal, then raids are doable for you. They oppose a challenge, as much as the challenge is to find 9 other good players carrying their own weight. Raids are being pugged daily, my friends do and i pug too. Once you are familiar with the encounters start adding the good pugs to friends/make a network and eventually you too will have a group to ask.

Raids are super fun if you can dance and have good dance partner. Without that it can be a frustrating experience for the one who individually can progress in raids.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Vietnam mode at the end.

Vietnam mode? XD

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: samuel.1836

samuel.1836

thx for the answers. but thaddeus, why you guild continue doing raid, when you have completen all the first wing ? worth follow raiding for the gold when you have all the achievements of the raid ? no is more beneficial get the gold farming for the map ?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

thx for the answers. but thaddeus, why you guild continue doing raid, when you have completen all the first wing ? worth follow raiding for the gold when you have all the achievements of the raid ? no is more beneficial get the gold farming for the map ?

The raid gives u two currencies, one which u can buy items from vendors (like infusions that makes ur char get a ghostly aura and ascended items), the other currency is for crafting the legendary armor. Currently we dont know how much of both we need, so some keep raiding cuz of that. The bosses can also drop some pretty rare and great loot.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

There are quite a few reasons to continue with the raid after you have completed the first wing.

I’d say you want to get to the point where you can always complete the first wing in one go so you can actually focus on attempting the second wing. This takes a bit of time even if you have killed all of the bosses already.

There is also the social aspect of a steady raid group. Managing a group of ten or more players to attempt challenging but also rewarding (not talking about loot here) content. It was the first time in ages that I enjoyed playing PvE and improving personally but also as a team.
And you can always help those who have yet to finish the raid by brinding them along or giving them advice on how to do certain parts.

If you like setting yourself your own challenges. Try stuff like the recent “10 guardians”, do gorseval without any of the updrafts, play with nine or eight players, etc.

Also, the rewards aren’t even that bad when you get to the point where you do the full raid in an hour. Not to mention the possibility to drop a ghostly infusion.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

They are quite challenging.

Even though the meta and strategy have been figured out, I would say it will probably still take around 30 hours of practise for a decent group to clear the content from scratch.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Vietnam mode at the end.

Vietnam mode? XD

A little joke in our group. The last phase of Sabetha spawn several alts, a guy with a big flamethrower, turret that launch fire bolts, canon that continue to fire on the arena and debris failling from the sky. lll of that while continue fighting the boss. It’s a bit crazy with explosion or fire everywhere.

Several reason

1) It’s so much fun
2) I wan’t to pratice the raid. It’s been two month and several of our players still have some difficulty.
3) I want to introduce more people of my guild into raid. So far we are 25 and we keep growing.
4) The gold is actually good. Not the best source of gold, but when you are able to finish the raid in 1-2 hours it’s worth it. Of course before you reach that point you wiped and lost gold a lot with an experienced group.
5) Nice drops like minis, ascended armor or weapons, some with unique skin.
6) Working toward achivement and the Legendary armor collection
7) We are getting max 100 magnetide shards per week, which can be reach in 2-3 complete raid run per week. With that you can buy everything that you can drop from the bosses. The infusion in particular sold for 500 to 650 gold on the TP.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Raids are great. You have room to improve yourself here. Example: gorseval, you will know after few hours when use your right spells(ground target fields etc) to maximaze your dps. After this you can carry some less skilled ppl from guild and help them to learn this and enjoy it too

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think the difficulty is just right, and my guild keeps playing it because it’s a lot of fun. If they got one thing right in this expansion, it’s the actual content and bosses of the first raid wing.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!