difficulty seeing teleport circles in raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ozzeh.7398

ozzeh.7398

Hi, I’ve been having lots of difficulty seeing the teleport circles in the Cairn arena. I’ve tried turning my settings to ’Best Performance’, aka all low, and checking ’Effect LOD’, but I’m still having a lot of difficulty seeing the circles due to everyone’s own effects and even people just physically covering them up.

Is there any way to increase the visibility of these twilight-colored teleport rings? If there’s not a setting then maybe there’s a mod out there that can help?

Thanks.

(edited by ozzeh.7398)

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Nope, there’s no way to increase the visibility. They’re poorly designed and absolutely atrociously telegraphed, but you’ll just have to deal with the garbage for the encounter. Once your group gets the hang of it, it’s not really an issue to be teleported now and then unless you’re doing challenge mode.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i dont think they are atrociously telegraphed its more of a mater of paying attention to them to not get teleported

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

i dont think they are atrociously telegraphed its more of a mater of paying attention to them to not get teleported

Yeah, try seeing a blandly-colored circle that has no sound effect or other cue while it’s covered by the visual spam of 2 chronomancers doing buff rotations, 2 PS warriors dropping fire fields, and probably a couple eles doing non-stop overloads.

zealex.9410

How can you not see such a unique circle on the ground is beyond me.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think the main issue is that they are the same colour as a lot of player AoE circles more than anything, if they were florescent blue or something they would be easier to see.

Having said that considering the wider raid and that as Pyro mentioned it’s not a huge deal being teleported I don’t think it should be high of a priority change. Certainly not when people have the special action button disappearing mid fight and other bugs in raids.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Lol think at me that I’m also colorblind! I have to zoom in at maximum to spot them.

Parabrezza

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

These things are terrible to see. They have little to no verticality, no audio, and just having a few ground AOEs layered over them will render them near-invisible. One thing I’ve found helpful is having my guildies remove their legendaries to get rid of the footfalls. That helps a lot.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

How can you see so well such a non-unique red circle on the ground whilst others are casting aoes is beyond me.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

3 things I find help at cairn considerably:

turn shaders up to medium ( or above),
turn on effect lod,
turn off player & npc names ( two checkboxes).

The latter 2 for visibility of tells.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

zealex.9410

How can you see so well such a non-unique red circle on the ground whilst others are casting aoes is beyond me.

have you taken the time to see the circle ? its the most unique circle iv seen in game nothing like it really

Posted by: ozzeh.7398

ozzeh.7398

Maybe you would understand how it’s hard to see if you read the posts above yours that describe the issue in clear detail. Not only that, but bragging to us about how easy it is for you to see the circles doesn’t contribute to this thread as it doesn’t help in any way. So unless you have something useful, please bug off.

3 things I find help at cairn considerably:

turn shaders up to medium ( or above),
turn on effect lod,
turn off player & npc names ( two checkboxes).

The latter 2 for visibility of tells.

I’ll give that a try (turning off names and stuff), thanks for the info.

(edited by ozzeh.7398)

Posted by: Zlater.6789

Zlater.6789

Haha any tips for vg when your chronos are running grav well?

zealex.9410

Haha any tips for vg when your chronos are running grav well?

have one running timewarp and 1 moa ^^