does dungeon gear take too much time?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

dunno Anet.. if it was at least slightly challenging then I’d say ok, but at the moment it takes 35 hours to get full armor and weapons in arah running the fastest path only and it’s very easy.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

15-20 minutes/path (only ding path 1 and 2) for a good team, 1800 tokens (?) to get.
1 run is 69 tokens so you need 27 runs for a full set. 27 runs will take about 8 hours.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

pullnointer.1476

make that 3450 and arah path 3 which is 30 minutes+

Posted by: Voodoo.1709

Voodoo.1709

So you are choosing to do 1 path of 1 dungeon and you think it takes too long? Other dungeons offer gear and weapons with the same stats so split time running them if you have already done your path 3 for the day. If you are set on the arah gear then you are only slowing yourself down by doing 1 path a day.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Depends.

Dungeon gear you need or dungeon gear you want to look shiny in?

Stuff you need isn’t hard to get since there’s plenty of options and I don’t feel it takes an excessive amount of time.

Stuff you want for cosmetic purposes can take however the hell long Anet feels it should since it isn’t required to participate in any part of the game.

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Wouldnt you enjoy earning the armor set like everyone else who wanted something?

If they gave it to you without any effort, it would be a pointless reward.

pullnointer.1476

So you are choosing to do 1 path of 1 dungeon and you think it takes too long? Other dungeons offer gear and weapons with the same stats so split time running them if you have already done your path 3 for the day. If you are set on the arah gear then you are only slowing yourself down by doing 1 path a day.

who told you I’m doing 1 path a day? I might have multiple characters

pullnointer.1476

Wouldnt you enjoy earning the armor set like everyone else who wanted something?

did you read my post? I said it takes too much time and it’s too easy. anyone can do that who’s willing to do that much arah. what would be optimal with prestige gear in my opinion is a certain level of display of skill aka make it hard, but not this long.

(edited by pullnointer.1476)

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I have to say that dungeon sets are not that easy to get, but the hard work has nice rewards. I got the whole AC set before the changes to have better stats, then TA to look well and HotW to get another stats (after hours of math, one build was just better than the other)

I feel it’s pretty rewarding based on the time I spent running dungeons. The only problem are easy boss fights that take forever (all HotW paths)

pullnointer.1476

I feel it’s pretty rewarding based on the time I spent running dungeons. The only problem are easy boss fights that take forever (all HotW paths)

I hear ya

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Ridiculously easy,

Craft the gear you need then use tokens and the gold you save for Tranny stones and the skins you want.

This coming from someone who got a full AC set before they changed it to give you 60.

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

did you read my post? I said it takes too much time and it’s too easy. anyone can do that who’s willing to do that much arah. what would be optimal with presige gear in my opinion is a certain level of display of skill aka make it hard, but not this long.

Thats a fair criticism but requires a huge overhaul of their core game principles.

pullnointer.1476

did you read my post? I said it takes too much time and it’s too easy. anyone can do that who’s willing to do that much arah. what would be optimal with presige gear in my opinion is a certain level of display of skill aka make it hard, but not this long.

Thats a fair criticism but requires a huge overhaul of their core game principles.

dunno. they did a fair job with AC in my opinion. could give more tokens tho and some bosses could be slightly better, but not bad overall.

Posted by: Voodoo.1709

Voodoo.1709

You do understand that you are choosing to farm the easiest arah path and then are complaining that it is too easy….

pullnointer.1476

You do understand that you are choosing to farm the easiest arah path and then are complaining that it is too easy….

the rest are just as easy. also it’s the quickest..

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

dunno Anet.. if it was at least slightly challenging then I’d say ok, but at the moment it takes 35 hours to get full armor and weapons in arah running the fastest path only and it’s very easy.

Just for another viewpoint, I have seen no path of any dungeon that I would describe as easy, though I’ve not seen Arah yet. And 35 hours for me and my group is between 1 and 2 months of play time, depending on the person. None of us so far has gotten a full set of any dungeon armor, despite starting within a month of the start of the game, though I think I would have accumulated enough CoF tokens to get a full set if I hadn’t bought a couple of weapons.

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

If you feel like all paths are easy and p3 being the fastest takes 30 min + then the time is what you can improve a lot. For a smooth and easy run over 30 min in p3 isn’t fast at all no matter what professions you have.

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

If you find Arah easy you should help me get past Lupi. :p

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

It’s possible to duo that path in less than 30 minutes. If you need 30 minutes in a group, sorry but you’re bad.
How is a full armor set 3450 tokens? Do you want all available weapons aswell?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

pullnointer.1476

If you feel like all paths are easy and p3 being the fastest takes 30 min + then the time is what you can improve a lot. For a smooth and easy run over 30 min in p3 isn’t fast at all no matter what professions you have.

meh I pug it. you have a point tho

pullnointer.1476

It’s possible to duo that path in less than 30 minutes. If you need 30 minutes in a group, sorry but you’re bad.
How is a full armor set 3450 tokens? Do you want all available weapons aswell?

not all, just all that my class realistically needs.

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

3450 relics.

63-69 relics per run, 2 runs an hour 26.7 hours, not bad.

To put that in perspective, for just armor its just over 9 hours.

CoE is just as slow as arah path 3 with all paths taking 1.5 hours for a 189 – 198 token run. And Yes I did do 7 runs of CoE in 1 day on several alts (that was just tiring and painful).

I don’t think that the 30 mins per 63-69 tokens is unreasonable.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If CoE is taking you longer than an hour to do a path then your group is doing it wrong. You should be averaging 45 min per path with a pug.

The amount of time it takes on average is reasonable. It’s just that it sometimes takes longer depending on which classes your party is made up of and how experienced they are. A group with 3 ranger will likely be slower than a group made up of one of a class as an example.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)