doing fractal 49.get to last fractal *kicked*

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

this is reaaaaaaallly getting old. i do a fractal….and then when we get to the last fractal i get kicked? no doubt so those f****ers can sell the path or give it to one of their friends.

B*** S***.
worst part is. when u get kicked from a party any chat and names of people you chatted with in that party chat…..vanishes……SO I CANT EVEN FIND THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE TO FRICKEN REPORT THEM!!>>>WTF!

this seriously needs to be fixed.
1) make selling ANY dungeons path PERMA BANNABLE!.
2) make it so you cant kick players in your party. incentivising people to form good groups

fractal rewards suck as is. so putting in all that effort to get kicked at the end is BULL kitten

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I see you are a bit upset.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

No. Selling paths should not be bannable.

About the names, I never get kicked, but I always screen shot the account names of every. Single. Pug. Even if it’s just a cof run.

Next, ALWAYS. ALWAYS. Open the dungeon yourself. Always.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

lol at those solutions

Chaos.3579

I see you are a bit upset.

ive done over 700 fractals in my attempt to get a fractal 1h sword. i have not gotten a single fractal skin (and yes the majority are in the 30-50 range)

so yes im upset as what was supose to be another chance for a weapon i desired was taken away from me by a bunch of fricken scammers

Chaos.3579

About the names, I never get kicked, but I always screen shot the account names of every. Single. Pug. Even if it’s just a cof run.

no selling paths should not be sellable. it incentives people to scam other people by kicking them.
if you could not sell a dungeon path this kind of crap would nearly never happen

Lilith Ajit.6173

no selling paths should not be sellable. it incentives people to scam other people by kicking them.
if you could not sell a dungeon path this kind of crap would nearly never happen

Lol at bolded. You need to calm down.

Selling paths that a player legitimately solos or duos should be fine. Because it’s been fine In gw1 and now gw2. It’s good for people who buy paths and it’s good for people who sell them. It doesn’t affect those who do neither.

Now scammers SHOULD be banned. Exploiters too. But selling paths is a wonderful thing. So… no. Selling paths should be sellable (lol)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Losing your progress is an intentional feature of this game. Since you now have to do fractal 49 again, that’s like twice as much fun as doing it only once.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Losing your progress is an intentional feature of this game. Since you now have to do fractal 49 again, that’s like twice as much fun as doing it only once.

^ LOL

[ARES]

Chaos.3579

Selling paths that a player legitimately solos or duos should be fine. Because it’s been fine In gw1 and now gw2. It’s good for people who buy paths and it’s good for people who sell them. It doesn’t affect those who do neither.

Now scammers SHOULD be banned. Exploiters top. But selling paths is a wonderful thing. So… no. Selling paths should be sellable (lol)

yes it is a good thing.
however it also opens up a way for people to scam other people by kicking them and selling the dungeon. and the fact is there is very little someone can do against this situation.
this is because naturally when u kick someone and they get removed from the instance. any party chat vanishes. this of course makes it impossible for anyone who did not expect to get scammed to have no way of reporting the criminal(s).

so overall the cons outweigh the pros.

no. it should be bannable to sell a dungeon path. simply to stop the incentive to scam other players and make a more enjoyable game environment.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Now scammers SHOULD be banned. Exploiters top. But selling paths is a wonderful thing. So… no. Selling paths should be sellable (lol)

yes it is a good thing.
however it also opens up a way for people to scam other people by kicking them and selling the dungeon. and the fact is there is very little someone can do against this situation.
this is because naturally when u kick someone and they get removed from the instance. any party chat vanishes. this of course makes it impossible for anyone who did not expect to get scammed to have no way of reporting the criminal(s).

so overall the cons outweigh the pros.

no. it should be bannable to sell a dungeon path. simply to stop the incentive to scam other players and make a more enjoyable game environment.

I’m brought to my original advice. Always screen cap account names of pugs so you can report, and always open the dungeon yourself. That is literally all you need to do to prevent this. That’s it.

(I won’t respond to the rest of it because it’s all false and there’s no need to argue with you, because you’re angry and don’t really know what you’re saying)

Practice safe pugging, every time.

[ARES]

Chaos.3579

I’m brought to my original advice. Always screen cap account names of pugs so you can report, and always open the dungeon yourself. That is literally all you need to do to prevent this. That’s it.

(I won’t respond to the rest of it because it’s all false and there’s no need to argue with you, because you’re angry and don’t really know what you’re saying)

Practice safe pugging, every time.

people should not have to be scared of this from happening and have to take measures to prevent scams that were originally incentive by the fact that you can can sell a path which you can easily take from other people if you open the dungeon and have a accomplice.

i should be able to log in. open up a lfg and join a group with no worry that sometime down the road there will be a point before getting my rewards that someone will kick me and 1-2 other people. so that the other 2-3 that remained can sell the dungeon slots.

it put simply is not a friendly and safe social enviorment created by a single thing
.“the ability to sell a dungeon path that you stole from other people that worked hard alongside you

it simply needs to be fixed.
selling a dungeon path is nice. but besides conning other people there is also another issue up for debate in that people that work hard for specific dungeon rewards are trumpbed by rich people that can just buy their way in to those dungeon rewards?
granted this point is nullified after the dungeon pvp rewards facepalm anet. if you gonna do that why cant u give me a fractal dungeon reward track with 1 fractal weapon at the end Q.Q

so no. it should be bannable for selling a dungeon path to stop the incentive to scam people and make a nice social dungeon experience not at all shadowed by paranoia

im am angry but that is not clouding my thoughts. i do not speak for just my self btw. i should think i speak for everyone that has and will get scammed out of their hard work for nothing.

(edited by Chaos.3579)

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

thank goodness anet has already said a thousand times that selling paths is legal and they have no intention to change that!

And anyway, how do you know they were selling it? Did you see it pop up on LFG? They could have just given it to a friend for free, so your solution on “banning selling” wouldn’t help. Removing kicking from the game is so “lol” that I won’t even address it.

Given that anet is not going to do what you suggest, you should consider other ways of making sure you don’t get scammed.

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I learned to open fractals by myself when people who opened them left the party few times.

Anyway, I’m usually doing fractals with a guild. Sometimes we take 1 or 2 random players, but for sure, I would leave the party too if my guild decided to kick that random guy from the last fractal for some reason and talk to my leader about kicking these guys from the guild. That’s really horrible! Also I remember a warrior camping rifle with 0 agony resistance doing lvl 29 with us and still noone kicked him ;D

Anyway, current party system is too easy to abuse. I know that GW2 is trying to do everything different than other games, but sometimes differend doesn’t mean better. A party system with physical leader and instances assigned to the party, not the player that 99% of the games uses is actually better. I know that it doesn’t solve this problem, but it solve many other problems.

Lilith Ajit.6173

All I’m reading from you, OP is “I got scammed! My day is ruined! This sucks! Here’s some vindictive solutions that I haven’t really thought about in terms or repercussions!”

Other players:“well on your own end you can do x and y and z and you’ll never have to worry about this again.”

OP: I SHOULDN’T have to do that so it’s not a solution! My day is ruined! I was scammed!

Do what you gotta to protect yourself. That’s how life is, that’s how gw2 is.

[ARES]

Chaos.3579

thank goodness anet has already said a thousand times that selling paths is legal and they have no intention to change that!

And anyway, how do you know they were selling it? Did you see it pop up on LFG? They could have just given it to a friend for free, so your solution on “banning selling” wouldn’t help. Removing kicking from the game is so “lol” that I won’t even address it.

Given that anet is not going to do what you suggest, you should consider other ways of making sure you don’t get scammed.

1) yes i did see a lfg up on fractal scale 49 which is the one we were doing. i saw that they were selling it. sadly i could not join before it was filled instantly
2)no it would not totally fix the issue. as yes people could pull of the same kitten and give it to a friend of someone they know.
however it would drastically reduce the amount of times this happens. as people just want the gold and dont really care if a friend of theirs wants the path. unless they are really close friends and are chatting during the time. so as you can see unless its a total troll who kicks. there would be none to very very very VERY little incentive to scam people.

Chaos.3579

All I’m reading from you, OP is “I got scammed! My day is ruined! This sucks! Here’s some vindictive solutions that I haven’t really thought about in terms or repercussions!”

Other players:“well on your own end you can do x and y and z and you’ll never have to worry about this again.”

OP: I SHOULDN’T have to do that so it’s not a solution! My day is ruined! I was scammed!

what repercussions?
also i have thought very hard about my solution many times before i myself was scammed. and there is not repercussions except stopping bad kitten speed run solo’rs from selling paths making tons of gold. and guess what thats not a big repercussion

2nd. this is a game not real life. yes life is hard and in alot of places the environment is not safe or nice
however seeing as this is a game and not real life then there should be a nice social environment free of scamming and other harsh behavior toxicating the social environment.

Lilith Ajit.6173

what repercussions?
also i have thought very hard about my solution many times before i myself was scammed. and there is not repercussions except stopping bad kitten speed run solo’rs from selling paths making tons of gold. and guess what thats not a big repercussion

2nd. this is a game not real life. yes life is hard and in alot of places the environment is not safe or nice
however seeing as this is a game and not real life then there should be a nice social environment free of scamming and other harsh behavior toxicating the social environment.

Lol at bolded.
K then don’t pug.

I don’t care that you were scammed. I tried to help you and advise you on how not to get scammed in the future. You’re the one actively not taking advice.

And I’m not so much talking about the selling paths, but the kicking part. It is obviously not a solution to get rid of party kicking. Selling paths is a controversial matter that i understand people have valid criticisms of (though I do not agree). Party kicking protects you just as much as it threatens you. You can stop leeches and keep people adhering to your party requirements.

what it sounds like to me is that you are positively unwilling to make the effort to create your own groups and enter yourself. Therefore, I can’t have sympathy.

[ARES]

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

OMG Chaos, I so agree with you I hate the party system so much :c

Like everytime I put time into SOLOING content, to the best of my skill, which is still so hard and for very little reward, and I hope for good SELLING RNG, there are always trolls who join my party to attempt kicking me.

Like really, these guys can just make my progress disappear, all the solo done for nothing, it’s so horrible ANet should do something ASAP IMO LOL XD

If only I could get seller protection and know their names to be able to report them, but I can’t see anything, it’s impossible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANet needs fix this plz supa fast.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Hahah, this argument.

If you truly think people will be all bunnies, rainbows, kitten and giggles in videogames because they’re videogames, then you seriously need to snap out of your naiveté, man.

These people you play with are not from a mythical world where pain and grief are non-existing; they all inhabit the same world as you, and if the world is unsafe and unfriendly, you can expect some or a lot of those attitudes to work their way into your MMOs.

Most of the people I’ve met have been real nice, though.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

You’ve been quite nice as well that day man. You didn’t tell the pug I was experienced and I could troll some more

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You’ve been quite nice as well that day man. You didn’t tell the pug I was experienced and I could troll some more

Hah, thanks.

Had a good time with you, guys.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

So selling paths should not be possible… Well…

1) How would you prevent it?
– ban anyone trying to sell in LFG?
ok… how’s that prevent it from
– selling player to player
– dragging in a buddy/guildie in with you?

- make it impossible to invite people in dungeons?
that would simply blows, especially since real life happens
some people just d/c, loose power

- open to suggestions here. Everything can be done different ways. There is no way of stopping it without making all other things incredibly inconvenient.

2) Disable kicking?
– well, have fun because half of your pug party will just stand there at the end boss afk because why put in the effort, since they can’t be kicked?

Scamming happens. Is it right? No, of course it’s not. Should we all pay the price for it? No.
Only thing that should be done is on Anet’s part of the deal on this. Party chat should stay visible AT ALL TIMES even when zoning, being kicked. It can be wiped like guild chat when swapping characters, but even that should be fixed as well. Why is map chat still on when you zone, but party chat isn’t when u get booted and zoned?
And most of all, Anet should get on top of their game. Start punishing the scammers. Have a report option for scammers (which would work really well with the party chat staying visible). And actually start doing something about those people. Is any of this going to happen? Probably not, since dungeons is something that’s dead in developers’ eyes. Let’s be honest.
Sellers are not the problem. Problem is the people that are selling what’s not theirs.
Anyways, if you have any viable option that would work for all parties involved, be free to discuss it in detail. Saying “ban sellers” is not a viable option hence it punishes players that 1) worked hard to get the dungeon done by themselves or with a friend 2) want to buy a path to get quick tokens/paths that they need. You’re not only punishing scammers with that option.

Lilith Ajit.6173

In other words: I am not high enough level / don’t have story / can’t open / don’t like pressing print screen! Wah! C
Soloers should give their runs for free! (Because that isn’t virtual slavery or anything)

What a kitty.

[ARES]

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Lots of people are saying to screencap names for reporting if you get kicked. Anyone have any evidence that this works? i.e., that Anet actually responds to reports with actions?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lots of people are saying to screencap names for reporting if you get kicked. Anyone have any evidence that this works? i.e., that Anet actually responds to reports with actions?

They dont. But they also don’t act on gold scammers (like oh! [Dusk] anyone want? 400 to me, I’ll send it after.)

But that doesn’t mean if they see reports on the same person they won’t feel a little push.

Still it’s clear opening your own instance is the real solution.

[ARES]

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

In other words: I am not high enough level / don’t have story / can’t open / don’t like pressing print screen! Wah! C
Soloers should give their runs for free! (Because that isn’t virtual slavery or anything)

What a kitty.

Wow, you surely argument like everythings black and white. Seriously, should I really need to tell you my total playtime in the game and my overall experience? That will just make it look like a e-kitten measurement competition. You obviously fail to see my point of view from this topic since you’re so heavily focused on guarding the fact that selling dungeons wouldn’t do any harm.

It’s a toxic outcome of what’s happening when “hardcore-l33t-gamers” are blended into casual game difficulties. I really don’t mind that much about the small efforts needed to do the standard “un-written rules to pug” in GW2, but the simple fact that they even exist is a joke. And even if I would screencap but still get kick, the harm is done and I don’t want to run around feeling like a paranoid jerk playing.

Why do you even imply such a thing as soloers should give their run for free? Again, I fail to see how my effort into give an opinion regarding this topic can even remotely give you such a tought? Stop thinking so selfishly.

But oh well.. You’re an elitist taking advantage over poor designs and mechanics and you fail to see the better good for this casual community in this casual game(see what I did there?).

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Lilith the Fashionable Elitist. How dare you!?!

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh god guys. I’m an elitist. My fashionable role playing is so kitty elite how can yall stand it?

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ps. I’ll respond more once I’m not foruming and driving.

[ARES]

Ouimette.5902

Exactly that was what I trying to get through you with those last words “(see what I did there?)”. I made implications such as you did after I wrote my first post in this thread. There’s no point in arguing with a person who fail to even see the full message of what I’m trying to get through. You just picks out bits and pieces of what I actually was trying to say and make up your own interpretations of it.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh so true. I can’t read words other than “exploit” “elitist” and “scammed”.

My kitten is so large because it must compensate for my lack of one irl. I get it. It’s a problem I’m working with my therapist on.

Anyway I’m still wondering why opening the instance is such an inconvenience. I don’t get it. I really don’t. You won’t be kicked and your slot won’t be sold.

The reason I implied that soloers would have to give paths away for free is because… well… Where’s the benefit in just finishing it solo? No one sees it happen. No one buys it. The soloer loses all incentive to solo. And gw2 slips into the casual est of casual games because the real elite and amazing players would have no real reason to play for them, and pugs would get worse because the guides would not be out there.

Anyway say what you want about me. I’m more dedicated to this game, these people, these dungeons than you’ll ever know. It’s a problem, but I love it here. And I could do without your insults as they have zero bearing in reality. Good day kitty.

[ARES]

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

It would be wrong to deny competent ppl or guilds who want to sell. The incentive to scam people comes from the jack kitten kicking system not he ability to sell Paths/Fracs

Anet give us new skills!

Ouimette.5902

I don’t see a necessity nor information enough on making out who you are as a person. I don’t hold a grudge against you but I do hold a grudge against people who use other people.

I admit I constantly go on twitch to watch PurpleMiku solo arah. It’s enjoyable to watch and also fascinating to see the skills that person posses of doing such a thing. But when this trend is getting missused and people are getting hurt by it. Why should the victims adapt to this problem instead of the problem getting fixed?

Now as I previously mentioned, I don’t mind putting in the small efforts of opening the instance. But why should people really need to do that? Ask yourself that. It’s not really just people taking advantage of selling dungeons, but it’s also the easy kick mechanic and party leader who hold the dungeon. There’s much to be fixed and dungeon selling do have pros about it. But it’s the cons that needs to be dealt with.

Simply put. The combination of easy kicking along with the amount gold you can earn on certain dungeons at certain paths is a bad mixture. It’s an issue that needs to be dealt with.

I’ll admit I was hot-headed about it being bannable so I’ll take that back. But I still think this is something that should be looked upon and dealt with. If I knew the answer I would share it. But I sadly don’t.

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

My kitten is so large because it must compensate for my lack of one irl. I get it. It’s a problem I’m working with my therapist on.

I always find it funny when people get angry at you about being an “elitist”.

Anet give us new skills!

Lilith Ajit.6173

I always find it funny when people get angry at you about being an “elitist”.

I know. I do too. It’s like.. "Do u even Lilith? "

[ARES]

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I know. I do too. It’s like.. "Do u even Lilith? "

I Lilith all the time!

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You’re an elitist taking advantage over poor designs and mechanics and you fail to see the better good for this casual community in this casual game(see what I did there?).

toppest kek

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

Remove Lilithists.
Remove Arah and its sellers.
Remove create party.
Add personal farm.
Add candy puzzles.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I can not help but wonder every time i see one of these if the op did not do something to get kicked. It happens all the time for many reasons. Only a few are to sell. I have pugged 49 many times when my team was not on. Never a problem. Sometimes it is not a scam just dead weight the group decided to cut.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

I can’t help it, but to me the OP seems to be one of the kind that gets burnt by a hot coffee cup and then complains that there was no warning sign on the cup that it was hot.

Yet he refuses not to get burnt again by being careful but insists on getting a warning sign on the cup, as it is not his fault for being careless but much rather the coffee cup’s for being hot.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Remove Lilithists.

This step. Best Step.

Hehehe

[ARES]

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

^ LOL

Double Cliffside + Double Dredge + Double Mai Trin = 1 fifth of whiskey

OP – Open your own dungeons, problem solved.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

i only only do <30 with pugs if i am doin anything higher than that i would usual be the opener or do it with my guild cause the time spent in those places is not worth it unless you want a skin or a lvl up in fractal, but in-spite of that you still join pugs then expect the nasty