dungeon VS world Boss rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

This just hit me right,
An easy world Boss that takes 5 minutes to down has a guarantted rare item drop
while a dungeon run say even an easy one like AC takes 10-15 minutes to complete and it’s much harder, so why don’t we get a guaranteeed rare for that ?

rewards in this game are so subpar and sometimes down right wrong !

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

This just hit me right,
An easy world Boss that takes 5 minutes to down has a guarantted rare item drop
while a dungeon run say even an easy one like AC takes 10-15 minutes to complete and it’s much harder, so why don’t we get a guaranteeed rare for that ?

rewards in this game are so subpar and sometimes down right wrong !

Because a rare is worth less than the 1.75g from completing an AC path?

Edit: Though if you made the same argument with champ farming instead I would have to agree with you.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Latinkuro.9420

they can keep the useless bloodstone T7 mats in dungeons and give me my guaranteed rare instead.

edit: your idea about champions having a guaranteed rare drop is also interesting, up to know I stay away from champ farming it is boring as hell, but if they did guarantee a rare I’d do those farm runs at least for 30 minutes or so.
(I hate farming, it’s so freaking boring)

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

they can keep the useless bloodstone T7 mats in dungeons and give me my guaranteed rare instead.

edit: your idea about champions having a guaranteed rare drop is also interesting, up to know I stay away from champ farming it is boring as hell, but if they did guarantee a rare I’d do those farm runs at least for 30 minutes or so.
(I hate farming, it’s so freaking boring)

That wasn’t what i was saying at all.

I’m saying dungeon rewards (or at least AC which you used as your example) are far superior to world boss rewards, and rightfully so as dungeons tend to be more difficult (with the exception of Tequatl and possibly some of the temple bosses). Therefore, your complaint make no sense.

However, champ farming nets far more gold than world bosses, yet, is just as (if not more) mind-numbingly boring. It also on average usually nets more gold than something somewhat challenging such as dungeons.

Therefore your argument should be: “Dungeon’s should give better rewards since they are more challenging/risky than champ farming yet yield lower rewards.”

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Latinkuro.9420

I see your point but you’re missing mine, I like dungeons if they replaced that useless bloodstone dust with a rare and keep the gold rewards intact I’d be a happy camper.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I only do the world bosses and temples events because of the dragonite ore, they are needed for ascended crafting and there is no other way to get it. I would like to be able to get it from dungeons too, i’m from a small server and cursed shore here is always empty, we rarely have enough people to run Melandru so I need to guest on big servers to do that.

But really, i dont like these events :S

Edit: you can get dragonite ore in wvw by taking keeps, but it doesn’t give much ore and my server is not always going well on wvw, it would take forever to farm the 500 ores needed for crafting a weapon.

(edited by Casmurro.9046)

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

The fact that champ farming is = or > dungeon running blows my mind. The risk vs. reward in this game is so poorly balanced.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

You ve nailed it on the head
Dungeon rewards = word bosses / champs farm more or less.
Anet made this new rewards on champs and world bosses just for the casuals in this game + the inflated economy.
What bothers me is not how others play , its the fact that good teams , of even players that have the guts to pug all day long in dungeons, dont get a proper reward. What is that wonderful in a zerg of players running from champ to champ, why should a meaningless style of play like this reward so much gold ??
If some1 has something else to say, then go ask some of the casuals that are buying arah runs every day, ask them mate have u worked hard for that 20g u just paid for p4, are u that scared of this “raid” ? LOL; most of them are clients not a 1 time buyer.
I am not the one to say how things should work but it doesnt feel right how it is atm.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Rewards have always been unbalanced in GW2. They were unbalanced before the champ loot purses were added, before the fixed gold reward in dungeons was added, and before the rare items were added for the world bosses.

Latinkuro.9420

another thing to consider,

I can farm the same champions over and over for hours but…..
I only get the rewards for dungeoneering once per path per account.
I mean seriously at least make it per character.

if not than limit the champion bags to once per day per account as well !

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

another thing to consider,

I can farm the same champions over and over for hours but…..
I only get the rewards for dungeoneering once per path per account.
I mean seriously at least make it per character.

if not than limit the champion bags to once per day per account as well !

(playing devil’s advocate here)

Your argument is kind of flawed, because you can keep running dungeons on the same or different characters all day, and the champions/legendaries in there will also keep dropping their reward chests.

I agree that dungeon DR should be changed, but the way you propose isn’t a good sollution.

In my opinion, running the same path again on a different character should yield 50% of the gold reward every time you do it again (so, for example, for Arah p2: 3g – 1.5g – 0.75g – 0.375g – …) and tokens should be changed to 40 – 20 or at least 30 – 30 instead of 20 – 40.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Anet logic was they didn’t want to force casuals to do dungeons.

They also want to keep dungeon rewards low so people who do them too fast don’t get too rich. Cos they don’t want to reward you for being skilled.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

60 tokens = 2 rares. You already get 2 rares for doing a dungeon. Complaint over.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

A useless level 35 Rare if you got it from AC, as opposed to a lvl 80 (75+?) one from Meta Events.

Though those events are hardly chained up well without a lot of luck and guesting all over the place, whereas dungeons are always there for you
Well… Unless they’re contested… Why is ‘contested’ a thing? -__-

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

210 AC tokens can be traded for an exotic that salvages to an inscription worth several gold. Even better gold per token rate than 80 rares.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

But world bosses are very entertaining assuming no nearby zerg.

Dolan.3071

Or if you’re lucky (like me) 200 AC tokens will make you an easy 3.5g from Colossus Fang recipe.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Soldier’s Orichalcum Inscriptions sell for over 4 gold, and you can get them from salvaging stuff worth 210 tokens. Of course you don’t get them 100% of the time, but still; it’s worth it, because you also get ecto, dark matter and ancient wood.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Or if you’re lucky (like me) 200 AC tokens will make you an easy 3.5g from Colossus Fang recipe.

Definitely this. Try running the dungeons with easy p3’s, such as AC/SE/TA(f/f). This will give you a chance at the dungeon recipe. The TA nightmare coil is about 7g for every 200 tokens. If you have a good group, you could spam Arah p4 for the chance at the Bloodstone fragment recipe for 11g per 200 arah tokens.

However, these are quite rare…but something to try and look forward to to make the dungeon token rewards very appealing.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Dolan.3071

I have Colossus Fang, Nightmare Coil, Operative’s Creed, and Infinity Coil (meh) as well as a spare Colossus Fang and and Operative’s Creed recipe chilling in my bank. I would give them away if I could
I gave up on Inscriptions as a reliable source of income after salvaging 12 (Soldier’s) exotics in a row without a singular inscription or glob of dark matter, think I got like, 3 ectos though….

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

die in a fire dolan

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Im just sitting here with my tortured root and my 3 ashes of the effigy/Infinity Coils being sad :<

Dr Winston | [DnT]