dungeon finder?

dungeon finder?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: cedric.1370

cedric.1370

could it be possible to make a dungeon finder like WoW? it would make it alot easier for people in medium or low population servers.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: iLeet.9716

iLeet.9716

Wow wouldnt this be amazing? Surprised they have nothing like this…not to mention how incredibly bugged the dungeons are

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

They’re actually working on a project like that as we speak.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/guildwars/guild-wars-2-looking-group-tool-be-introduced-arenanet-year

Edit: I apologize if I didn’t correctly understand your suggestion. I thought you meant a dungeon group finder.

[LFG]

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Coldkiller.3152

Coldkiller.3152

www.gf2lfg.com
I find that it works better than WoW’s dungeon finder to be honest.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

The problem with dungeon finder in GW2 is that developers say that GW2 don’t have roles. Yet from actual game whe all know, how nice it is to have some heavies to tank, at least one guardian to do his support thingie (hellou fractals) and how different is DPS of different professions.

So if Anet would implement dungeon finder it would just make parties with random people, not paying attention to current state of meta game. Like making a 5-ranger party.

At least on lfg site we can choose ourselves how to compose our parties.

EU Aurora Glade

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The Colin himself said that there would be one made “this year”:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Is-LFG-even-on-the-radar/first#post1800288

But before a moderator comes in to close this thread because “the question has been answered”, I’d like to take up the offer to continue this discussion because it is a legitimate concern.

GW2LFG seems to be the default answer for those end up bringing up this subject, but as with many things third party, this is not supported or endorse by ArenaNet.

Isslair, I’m pretty sure separate options could be implemented to minimize the chances of being paired up into groups composing of more than one of the same profession. It would just be a regular tick-box stating “Do not hot-join groups that already have a member of the same profession as me.”

As far as “meta” goes— I’d say more flavors, the better! I can only handle so much 1Mesmer/4Warrior before that flavor of the month goes completely stale.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I find that it works better than WoW’s dungeon finder to be honest.

So not true. WoW will assemble a party with all roles filled, a mix of melee/ranged DPS and will even give you some reward if your role is heavily required. Fortunately, GW2 doesn’t have roles, so they might simply balance melee/range DPS. It would be simply awesome to have that tool. Really looking forward to it.

Now, I also agree that the dungeons should be fixed. I’m getting tired of jumping to forbidden places, going through fake walls (a wall which you can go through), jumping to stupid places, and so on.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Coldkiller.3152

Coldkiller.3152

I know that I used to sit around stormwind for 30 mins to an hour sometimes waiting for the cue to pop up.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: monkeydluffy.7896

monkeydluffy.7896

I know that I used to sit around stormwind for 30 mins to an hour sometimes waiting for the cue to pop up.

yes waiting for a tank and healer…Im sure its gonna be hard to find a tank and healer in this game so your wait time will be 1 hour and 30mins… o wait…

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

LOL, I laughed hard.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Yes, in 2 years.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

They could add the gw2lfg.com in the game, so you don’t need to alt+tab or buy the app

dungeon finder?

Isslair.4908

Well since TP is already browser-like, they can incorporate gw2lfg into it.

EU Aurora Glade

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Well since TP is already browser-like, they can incorporate gw2lfg into it.

That would mean that ArenaNet would have to buyout GW2LFG, and possibly hire Fohtoh in managing it. I suppose that’s one way to get into the gaming industry … at that point, that would be up to ArenaNet to spend that sort of resources in turning Fohtoh into an official ArenaNet Employee.

At the end, I guess it would depend on what makes sense on an economical standpoint.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I don’t get why ArenaNet always takes years to make a LFG tool. They had the same delay in Guild Wars 1. Intially there was no such tool there either and when it finally came out not many people used it.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I don’t get why ArenaNet always takes years to make a LFG tool. They had the same delay in Guild Wars 1. Intially there was no such tool there either and when it finally came out not many people used it.

Yeh only time it ever came in handy was when everyone flocked to do DWG/Glaiveway or sinway DOA. Things like Deep and Urgoz, you’d either heroway or rely on the guild chat and friends list. I feel like the lack of the system and/or people using it impacts on what people wanna do.

Back in GW1 I’d wanna do a deep run and none of my friends were on, it was impossible to pug, so I’d just go to DOA instead.

Luckily we have Gw2lfg.com for now, but an ingame system really needs to get added soon!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Yeh only time it ever came in handy was when everyone flocked to do DWG/Glaiveway or sinway DOA. Things like Deep and Urgoz, you’d either heroway or rely on the guild chat and friends list. I feel like the lack of the system and/or people using it impacts on what people wanna do.

Back in GW1 I’d wanna do a deep run and none of my friends were on, it was impossible to pug, so I’d just go to DOA instead.

Luckily we have Gw2lfg.com for now, but an ingame system really needs to get added soon!

gw2lfg works very well yes.

I’ll bet the reason why it’s taking so long to make an in-game system is because they don’t want to create a system that can be used for gold spam/selling. it just creates more work for them to remove abusive/spammy lfg postings

gw2lfg has those “report as inappropriate” flags and such but they should simply eliminate or limit the comment section to 50 characters or less. It’s just enough to write “lfg cof path 1 berserker warriors and Mesmer only”

dungeon finder?

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

they need to do everything they can to keep their players playing, LFG tool helps with this, even with the complaints about it (you always get complaints no matter what) and their validity is questionable.

LFG with a daily dungeon reward should be added.

The existence of gw2lfg.com is clear evidence that a better LFG, dungeon finder tool is needed, the site is great but a lot, especially new players will not know of it’s existence.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The problem with dungeon finder in GW2 is that developers say that GW2 don’t have roles. Yet from actual game whe all know, how nice it is to have some heavies to tank, at least one guardian to do his support thingie (hellou fractals) and how different is DPS of different professions.

So if Anet would implement dungeon finder it would just make parties with random people, not paying attention to current state of meta game. Like making a 5-ranger party.

At least on lfg site we can choose ourselves how to compose our parties.

That’s not a problem. A problem would be giving us a tool which allows people to discriminate against professions and reinforce a meta which uses a soft trinity. Actively and aggressively developing the game against a soft trinity is what GW2 needs to maintain a healthy end game where the idea of not needing any one profession is preserved.

dungeon finder?

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

could it be possible to make a dungeon finder like WoW? it would make it alot easier for people in medium or low population servers.

True.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

dungeon finder?

Isslair.4908

people to discriminate against professions and reinforce a meta

But what if the game does this? Focusing too much on projectile reflection, bursts of damage and general favour of glass cannon over large hp pools and dedicated healers. Not to mention how drastically different is the damage that different professions can deal.

So please, stop this talk about “all classes are equal”. They are not atm. And players are free to prefer the most effective combinations to do PvE content.

EU Aurora Glade

dungeon finder?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

people to discriminate against professions and reinforce a meta

But what if the game does this? Focusing too much on projectile reflection, bursts of damage and general favour of glass cannon over large hp pools and dedicated healers. Not to mention how drastically different is the damage that different professions can deal.

So please, stop this talk about “all classes are equal”. They are not atm. And players are free to prefer the most effective combinations to do PvE content.

As someone who’s been kicked so many times from a group before even entering the dungeon just because I’m on my ranger. I agree.

There is a difference in classes that needs to be addressed, I can’t blame people for wanting what’s going to make the run go faster and easier.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|