fix scavangers in AC

fix scavangers in AC

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

They have a knockdown leap and then do more knockdowns and insane dmg also its aoe so if your standing behind them while they are biting the person in front of them you will still get knocked down and killed even if you stand behind them. This is seriously not fun. Rest of the dungeon is pretty boring and then you got these things who ruin it even more.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

You’re just not good at doing dungeon run, simple as that

Please stop making a thread and whining about a simple thing like this. I bet you’re not dodging at all, you just mindlessly attacking the graveling mobs.

You can use any utility skills that provides you a “Stability” to immediately wake up from getting knocked down by scavangers.

You can see the animation if the scavangers is about to leap, you have time to dodge away from them.

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Sadomator.6419)

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Nakashima.7560

Nakashima.7560

Sadomator, there is no reason to tell him hes whining ^^
While I agree with the advice you give, I’d also like you to look back to your first run where you had no clue what was going on. We all need to start somewhere, and some people just happen to see the animations quicker than others

@OP: The knockdown they give can indeed be pretty lethal if you get hit by it, but there is plenty ways around that. Doding, blocking, stability boons, or even the elementalists Mist Form skill all are an effective way of avoiding the frustrating leap of the scavengers. The more you try to really look at them, the easier it’ll be for you to have enough time to dodge once they charge. It’s just a matter of practice, and in the meantime, you can bring skills to counter their leap. ^^

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Please stop making a thread and whining about a simple thing like this. I bet you’re not dodging at all, you just mindlessly attacking the graveling mobs.

You can use any utility skills that provides you a “Stability” to immediately wake up from getting knocked down by scavangers.

You can see the animation if the scavangers is about to leap, you have time to dodge away from them.

Wrong, a guardian with “Stability” shout can’t immediately wake up their team mate by granting “Stability” to them while they are downed, stunned, etc.

Stability only works when you are not downed or stunned and not all profession has skill that grants stability.

Only skill with"Break Stun" attribute can wake you up instantly from knockdown and any other CC skill like stun. Every profession has this break stun skill although not everyone use it though.

@OP
Yes it is frustrating at first but there is somekind of “Warning” before the scavanger leap to you and you can dodge it or stay away from it easily. It’s not like it can leap every 3 seconds anyway.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

(edited by Sentinel VX.1392)

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

They have a knockdown leap and then do more knockdowns and insane dmg also its aoe so if your standing behind them while they are biting the person in front of them you will still get knocked down and killed even if you stand behind them. This is seriously not fun. Rest of the dungeon is pretty boring and then you got these things who ruin it even more.

two things comes up in my mind:
1. there’s always a tell when they’re gonna do the leaping thingy,and it lefts us an opening to either interupts or dodge it
2. about the aoe, i’m quite agree with your statement about when they are still in the middle of chomping animations (even when they’re only chomping air) and if we tried to get near them from behind, much less attacking them (melee range) we got knocked as well..but i don’t know if this are intended or not,if it’s a bug we’ll just have to wait for them to fix it,otherwise a range weapon would be the best options besides any control skills to help you fight or help friends in the midst of the battle..

well,at least i can farm safely if i’m in AC all day

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

you has no break stuns ? too bad ….

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Just because he is asking for a change doesn’t mean he is bad.

Those scavengers are awful for melee players because of them turning around and because of effect being much bigger than the animation.
If they couldn’t turn around while “eating” and area was smaller it would still have same “dodge or bring stun-break” effect. On top if this they shouldn’t keep eating ground if there is no one around but use leap more often.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

They KD each and every second during their channel.
If you have a stun breaker you need to use it IMMEDIATELY after their damage packet and the dodge out. (can be hard to do if there’s multiple things hitting you)
Their charge animation can be “lost” in tight corridors, fighting several monsters and the KITTEN fire/burning particle effects that always cover it.
They can be charging up to attack another player who then dodges out of the way, causing them to hit someone else that was standing behind/to the side, concentrating on another foe.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Ereiz.2174

Ereiz.2174

I think the op has a point. Why do scavengers knockdown even after their leap KD? A bug? If you are unlucky you need two stunbreaks.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I… wasn’t even aware of this KD thing until like, my 5th run. I guess my only issue is that you can be knockdown’d even when standing in behind. I have no issues with him KDing me head-on.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

good sir i have 703 hours on my war and i use gs axe/mace. I have endure pain and shake it off which break me free from knockdown but guess what scavangers dont care. Their leap is easy once the other mobs get to you fight them and are behind or any where near the scavanger you will be knocked down and insta killed. I have full tank set from ac as well as 4-5 of the weapons from there so i have done it quite a lot. The game only gives me 2 dodges. One on the leap and one to get away before it pwns you. While you do this your group is knocked down and receiving suprise buttt sex from the scav.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

good sir i have 703 hours on my war and i use gs axe/mace. I have endure pain and shake it off which break me free from knockdown but guess what scavangers dont care. Their leap is easy once the other mobs get to you fight them and are behind or any where near the scavanger you will be knocked down and insta killed. I have full tank set from ac as well as 4-5 of the weapons from there so i have done it quite a lot. The game only gives me 2 dodges. One on the leap and one to get away before it pwns you. While you do this your group is knocked down and receiving suprise buttt sex from the scav.

I’m an eng with full tank set (power/tough/vit armor and power/prec/tough trinkets) and I don’t get insta-killed by them. I get down to maybe 15-20% life, but that’s ok for me. as I can drink elixer S and get out to to heal for a bit.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I am a glass cannon GS warrior and I don’t see Scavengers as a problem after learning how to dodge them.

Breeders on the otherhand….

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Squally.4963

Squally.4963

People don’t like scavengers because they normally run past mobs and scavengers have a nasty habit of catching people before they can get away.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Getting hit while they aren’t facing you is quite annoying. Bug most likely as they shouldn’t be able to “eat” you from their kitten

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

i still think the scavs knockdown is a bit op considering its a channeled attack, not just a one off especially on that one path with the champ scav that thing will mow down a player, none of the other trash is that troublesome. btw whats wrong with breeders? just need 1 person with a stun/daze/knockdown and interrupt their obvious “summon” ability.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With glass-cannon GS warrior you pretty much mow down hatchlings faster than breeder spawns.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

You can just dodge roll the leap. They have to channel it before they leap so you know they are doing it. You can even interrupt it. You can survive after being hit by activating a stun breaker too.

On that note, I recommend everyone brings a stun breaker to any dungeon. It will save you some repair money and frustration.

I am a glass cannon GS warrior and I don’t see Scavengers as a problem after learning how to dodge them.

Breeders on the otherhand….

Try hammer. Still do big damage, have interrupts for breeders. Or have a rifle on the other swap and rifle butt them. There are also some interrupt utility skills…

(edited by Khristophoros.7194)

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Warriors can just use Balanced Stance to get away. Breaks stun and grants stability.

Alternatively, slot Fear Me and hit it to break their lockdown if you get caught. Shouts can be used while CCed.

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: hungryhippos.4980

hungryhippos.4980

They say that any build works… but you have to have stability/anti stun or vigor for more dodge unless you like laying on your back.

More importantly, I’d rather fight the final boss than a scavenger. Why is a trash mob harder than the boss?

Ayra Bleu Wynd (80 Elementalist), Carly R Jepson (80 Thief), Six Inch Samurai (80 Guardian)
Sir Spanx Too Much (80 Warrior), Lanevo X (80 Necromancer), Miss Meryzia (40 Mesmer)

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

They’re not hard. Just a nice mechanic you need to be aware of and counter.

Yes, stability is one way to avoid the knockdown.
Stunbreaks work wonders. Get knocked down, break the stun and dodge away.
They have a quite audible pre-jump style, if you manage to notice. This means, you can dodge it.
Also, interrupts work wonders, especially when they’re nomnoming on someone.

I usually tread carefully when they are around and always call scavengers as first targets. Focus fire ‘em down and you’re good.

From my necro’s perspective, it’s even easier: get knocked down → Death Shroud → Doom → enough time to get back up.

Tl;dr:
1. Don’t leave home without stunbreak.
2. Pay attention to your surroundings and party mates.
3. Focus fire

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

2 things: The AoE of ‘eat corpse’ needs to be single target or small AoE, and the attack needs to stop channeling as soon as no one is CC’d.

Or just fix both by making the base damage of ‘eat corpse’ like 20% of what it is now, have it cause vulnerability and bleeding, and make it 5x effective on downed players. People ressing the downed player should not be hit for 30% of their HP simply because their allies stun break are on CD.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

The real problem is even after you break stun they will still “eat” you. Believe it or not this is one of the lesser bugs in dungeons right now and probably won’t be fixed for a long time…

fix scavangers in AC

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The real problem is even after you break stun they will still “eat” you. Believe it or not this is one of the lesser bugs in dungeons right now and probably won’t be fixed for a long time…

This is very true.

Stealing hatchlings is a larger problem in AC, and also to combat the knockdowns you can either run Stability or Stun Breakers, of which ALL classes have both. (Yes, all classes have Stability granting skills and Stun Breakers.)

Or, you know, press that V key to Roll.