frac 100 doesnt reward karma?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I’ve noticed some time now since iv been doing cm100 almost daily that it doesn’t reward you with karma neither the normal 1 does, i went to check to wiki and also the wiki shows no karma reword on 100 is there a bug or is this intentional by the developers?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Remember, that the karma reward is only for doing a fractal below your personal level. This, for obvious reasons, cannot happen at fractal level 100

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Remember, that the karma reward is only for doing a fractal below your personal level. This, for obvious reasons, cannot happen at fractal level 100

Why though? Why does it only reward you with karma for doing fractals below your fractal level?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why though? Why does it only reward you with karma for doing fractals below your fractal level?

That’s an old feature, from time when you got the old “3 random fractals + boss fractal” setup. If you were doing fractals on lower level than your personal, your normal rewards were capped to that fractal level. Instead, you got karma (at amount based on the difference between your personal and finished fractal level).
It was supposedly to offer something for those that grouped with newer players and helped them do the easier levels.

(that’s the reasoning behind, but from a purely mechanical point of view, it’s because the karma gain is based on level difference, and with level difference of 0 you get (value) x 0 karma)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I dunno feels like karma mechanics in this game is something of a bad joke. What I mean is that its kinda disjointed cos it doesn’t rly fit the definition of that term itself. Hands down better system with sormethin like fallout 3 where u accrued good and bad karma in weighted measure as result of ur deeds. Here it’s like a carelessly offhand carryover and little else, alluding to the gesticular equivalent of a bone tossed to a dog.

Not to mention how offensive rewards for 100 cm are, subjectively speaking. Rewards of an ‘unclean’ title so those bereft can boast that they are ‘clean’. Charming.

Instead of a net zero karma gain for killing slimy and disgusting things, why not just subtract from karma we alrdy have? Seems more fair honestly

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

it would be cool if they could maybe update that