fractal druid and necro ONLY why ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

is it intentional design only this 2 class to be good in fractals ? can i play my ps berserker and feel good about it ? or i must be kittend every 3-4 partys for druid or viper necro

am i the only one here ?

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

Druid and Necro comp honestly isn’t particularly fast, and its even worse now post-patch. It is however exceptionally easy, and many people would rather have a comp that can easily complete all content even if it takes half of forever, than a comp that requires more personal skill of each group member and completes it far faster.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It was always just the brain-dead simple solution. Never the best or fastest. Every class can do well (enough) in fractals.
Your PS warrior is perfectly valid, too.

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Druid and Necro comp honestly isn’t particularly fast, and its even worse now post-patch. It is however exceptionally easy, and many people would rather have a comp that can easily complete all content even if it takes half of forever, than a comp that requires more personal skill of each group member and completes it far faster.

It is fast though, comparatively.

People who aren’t Necros go down, extremely easily, in a lot of Fractal events. They also have to worry about dodging and keeping themselves healed up. They also don’t have the luxury of doing damage from range.

Fractal bosses though, have fairly low HP. If Necros can epi bounce, that HP drops fast without the Necro having to worry about any of the same things the other classes have to. And as far as PS warrior goes, Necros can keep Might up decently by all running blood is power.

Druids used to be great, because they could heal minions which resulted in a lot more DPS. Since that isn’t the case anymore though, they might not be sought after as much.

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

People who aren’t Necros go down, extremely easily, in a lot of Fractal events. They also have to worry about dodging and keeping themselves healed up. They also don’t have the luxury of doing damage from range.

Fractal bosses though, have fairly low HP. If Necros can epi bounce, that HP drops fast without the Necro having to worry about any of the same things the other classes have to. And as far as PS warrior goes, Necros can keep Might up decently by all running blood is power.

Druids used to be great, because they could heal minions which resulted in a lot more DPS. Since that isn’t the case anymore though, they might not be sought after as much.

Yeh except if you know what you’re doing none of that is relevant. Most fractal bosses are fairly easy to melee and die quickly to power comps. While there are some bosses that are too punishing to melee full uptime the optimal comp definitely isn’t 5 necros.

Yes for the average pug a 45 minute run might be fast because in other comps theyd wipe constantly and lose time that way. But better comps can do significantly faster (sub 30 minute) full clears, the only advantage of necro comp is it’s braindead easy and hard to die with.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Yeh except if you know what you’re doing none of that is relevant. Most fractal bosses are fairly easy to melee and die quickly to power comps. While there are some bosses that are too punishing to melee full uptime the optimal comp definitely isn’t 5 necros.

Yes for the average pug a 45 minute run might be fast because in other comps theyd wipe constantly and lose time that way. But better comps can do significantly faster (sub 30 minute) full clears, the only advantage of necro comp is it’s braindead easy and hard to die with.

Okay well let me ask you this. Assume that you have to pug a fractal. Which would you choose, waiting for a perfect comp with players who have all the experience needed to do a super fast run… Or do you pug all necroes, which are a dime a dozen these days.

Posted by: JotGeh.8047

JotGeh.8047

Running with my rev, was never interested in that necro/druid comp. Start your own lfgs, put no requierements into your description and everything will be fine – most of the time.

Except players join who are not able to adapt mechanics on t4, give them a few tries (everyone can have a bad start or day, no one is a full time high performer) and when nothing changes, apologize yourself, make clear that you think you party does not fit together and start a new lfg. There a days, I need 2-3 tries to find a good party and days, where I can run all T4 with my party for the recommended dailies, because we fit very well on low tier (indications for that: much might on us, much vulnerability on the enemies, good pulls, smart positioning, breaking bars).

I don’t bother if we need 30 or 45 minutes, I just wanna know, that everyone in my party has decent movement, which is imo far more important than any class or build.

I guess a more important question is

- Why can’t players use CC on breakbars correctly on T4 ?
Most prominent examples: I rarely see people breaking bloomhunger but crying they got oneshot after his groundpounding attack, where it built might up to 25… But in underground fractal, many people break the boss right IN FRONT of the melting pod showers instead of INSIDE them.

- Why have players on T4 still to reset whisps in swampland?

- Why can’t players dodge on T4?

- Why can’t players kite on T4?

- Why are players joining T4 when they don’t know, how a specific fractal functions?
That’s a thing for chaos and snowblind fractal atm, it is crazy how many times you have to explain people still on T4 what has to be done with the bonfires.

- Why don’t players take care of instabilites on T4?
e.g. flux bomb and social awkwardness

Ops, that was more than one question.

Wie macht die Kuh [BAUM]
Main characters of the Thalahassi clan:
Thalahassi (Revenant); Jaspar Thalahassi (Guard);

(edited by JotGeh.8047)

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I have amazingly similar experience as JotGeh. Pretty much the only thing you can trust with pugs, is that they will fail every single mechanic and die really quickly, which is the reason why I always go for necro comp. When your teammates inevitably die, you can easily solo any boss, because necro can kite, CC, has double healthbar, projectile block (which doesn’t work most of the time thanks to unblockable projectiles but hey) and still do fairly decent damage.

What was the last time you’ve seen pugs prestack might? Or precast skills? Instabreak? Or dodge? They don’t do any of these things, which is why you can’t play FotM in an optimal way. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, you will get decent people who can at least keep themselves alive, but necro is pretty much the best class if you’re play with pugs. It’s easy and dependable.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

is it intentional design only this 2 class to be good in fractals ? can i play my ps berserker and feel good about it ? or i must be kittend every 3-4 partys for druid or viper necro

am i the only one here ?

It’s not only not intended, it’s not true that those are the only two good classes. Four necros + a druid is just easy for anyone; it’s not faster nor ‘better’ in any other meaningful way.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The part of this comp that’s hilarious to me is why it brought the Druid in the first place: it was to heal the minions from Lich Form to maintain high DPS from the Necros. With the recent nerf to Jagged Horrors, there is no good reason to bring a Druid. Your survivability on a Necromancer is already high enough without a healer, and the combination of Spotter/Sun Spirit/GotL is nowhere near the level of DPS you get from bringing a PS Warrior instead. If you want to be slow and safe, 4 Nec/1 Warr is indisputably better now than 4 Nec/1 Druid, and if you’re willing to give up a modicum of safety you can go for the gusto and just bring 2 Nec/1 Warr/1 Druid/1 Chrono.

Alternatively, you can be a good little publing and bring whoever joins and clear it just fine. I did my T4’s today with 1 herald, 1 necro, 1 ele, 1 druid, and 1 guardian in 30 minutes. shrug

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!