fractal weapons

fractal weapons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

hay all. anyone know what the drop rate is?
because either my luck sucks or the drop rate has hit the ground and vanished(ive done over 30 lvl 30ish fractals and yet have not gotten a skin EVER this month. even though i remember getting tons of skins in the 10s and 20s around 5 months ago…..
also
why is it only rng based? did anet give a explanation EVER for this ?
currently i would love to get another fractal 1hsword(so i can duel wield). but sadly i cannot seem to get it no matter how many runs i do(ive done over 30 lvl 38 fractals)

why cant i simply pay 1,000 fractal relics for a FRACTAl skin? why is this option not available? why must i undlessly farm a tedious dungeons with mediocre rewards and yet not have a guarantied chance for the weapon i desire???

fractal weapons

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

For your problems/questions/moans/suggestions you really need to be posting in the fractals CDI thread.

It’s totally RNG but I guess it people post their drop rates we could get a very basic idea.

From around 9 months of doing old and new dailys 10/20/30/40/50 pretty much every day I’ve dropped;

2 rifles
2 daggars
1 staff
1 focus
2 1HS
2 LB
2 Tridents
1 Spear
1 hammer

It’s take someone with better maths than me to work out how many fractals that is but needless to say the drop rate seems to be a lot lower since the Fractals patch. I think I’m averaging 1.5 month but have only had 2 this year. (I can’t complain sicne I’ve had 25 ascedned wpns and armour boxes drop so I probably drop 1 every 10 days)

You simply can’t play fractals for loot, you need to do them becasue you enjoy the challenge, or enjoy the company of group you are runing with – if you play fractals for loot – you’re gonna have a bad time.

I’d be more interested to hear if people think 40/50 on the dot have been nerfed, back when it was all 49’s as we didn’t have the AR yet the drops seemed to come thick and fast but it’s like the worst drop rate ever since January for 40 or 50.

I’ve purposely given myself a week doing 19/29/39/49 just to test out the drop rate and yesterday dropped a fractal daggar in a 28 after nothing since New year. RNG gods are epic trolls.

Property of Gandara EU

fractal weapons

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I honestly think that drop rates have been nerfed for higher levels. Namely, 40s and 30s to an extent. I think there was a fudge in the code with ascended weapons and armor, making fractal weapons harder.

This is my own speculation, which I have gathered from all the people I know who do fractals, that they are receiving more ascended chests than fractal weapon skins (but still rarely) whereas in the 10s fractal weapons drop more frequently.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

fractal weapons

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I’ve given up running anything higher than 38 since the RNG gods do not shine upon me. In general I’ve received the same amount of goodies (weapon skins + ascended weapons) from lv 21 and 49. I’ll take 28% less mob HP and do the lower fractals that are much faster.

Also, I’ve never received an armor box, 8 or so weapon chests, 3 tridents ><, 1 sword, 1 hammer.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

fractal weapons

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Before the fractured patch, the drop rate was really in a good spot.

something like 18-20% at level 48…and significantly lower at 20-30 (no chance at 10)
On the other hand other drops were significantly lower.

Its not only me but hundred of players confirmed that droprate.

Post fractured i’d say it have been halved at higher levels to the point its really doesn t matter much if you are playing a 49 or a 30, i could say also that at 50 i m having slightly more luck, but there is no significant data about droprate post fractured…..
By the way they introduced skins drop at 10+ (and yes i saw people dropping a skin at 10).

luckily i got all skins prefractured patch…i’d fancy a second trident but i can live without it.

On the other hand prefractured skins requires a trasmutation stone and anet won t change them … a great message they are giving along the level reset…..

P.S: consider fractal weapons are the only non TP related rare skins….making them easier would just ruin the last thing not obtainable with gold/gems.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

fractal weapons

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

last night, a friend of mine got the fractal shield skin..

at level 11.

cry

fractal weapons

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

I’m just running them for the ectos + odd chance of getting insignias/inscriptions at this point. Averaging around 8-10g per run so that’s reward enough for me

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

fractal weapons

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

If your average is 8-10 G is just the proof RNG is broken.
i struggle to get 2-3 gold out of a lvl 50 run.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

fractal weapons

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I got a shortbow from 14. Zaxares can verify this.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

fractal weapons

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Consider yourself lucky. I have gotten 2 fractal weapon skins in about 90 total runs.

Osu

fractal weapons

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

If your average is 8-10 G is just the proof RNG is broken.
i struggle to get 2-3 gold out of a lvl 50 run.

Woah, you get 2-3 gold? Mr. Money Bags I applaud you. I usually just get the 1gold that is guaranteed a bunch of worthless blues and an endless amount of useless fractal shortbow skins. Because shortbows are so good.

fractal weapons

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

Are you trolling about the shortbow skins ?

Humans arenĀ“t real

fractal weapons

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I’m not. I shoulda screencapped it though, got too excited and forgot.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”