getting kicked from dungeons.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I just read some post on reddit about some poor guys experience with a fractal, then others posted their screenshots of similar behaviour.

I guess one way to avoid these people is NOT to do fractals or dungeons unless you do it with people you know.

I think Anet should introduce a temporary or permanent ban to people like these AND notify the person who logged the complaint just show justice has been served.

how many others have experienced being kicked out of a dungeon or fractal only to have received whispers from them rubbing it in afterwards?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This has been going on since the game’s launch. Whatever Anet’s doing (or not doing as the case may be), it’s not working.

Thobek.1730

well if they want the game to succeed then they need to develop something that allows the average person to enjoy the game and not get abused in that way.

Some people take these situations seriously and won’t log in, then the ripple effect of their friends leaving as well.

I’ve always seen GW2 in having the best community in any MMO I’ve played, and easily better than any FPS or Moba game. I hate seeing people like that in the game I choose as my main source of gaming entertainment.

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

This happens in Arah A LOT.

It’s gotten so bad, players don’t even atempt to make groups to play it. All the groups have titles like

“pay me x gold to run it for you”

or

“Experienced players only, zerker meta, noobs will be kicked.”

This is because apparently fighting monsters is bad. So huge parts of the dungeon need to be run/bypassed by people who know the route already, or have a really good stealth/speed/regen build and have low enough lag to perfectly follow the leader’s speed run path.

I agree with the OP, there should be a “complain about player” option, for players who boot people because they hate n00bs or anyone who doesn’t run zerker or whatever the meta is. Then that player gets a tag that warns other player’s that they will boot or grief you because your build isn’t good enough for them.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Then that player gets a tag that warns other player’s that they will boot or grief you because your build isn’t good enough for them.

Booting you because you’re not a team player is hardly griefing.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

well if they want the game to succeed then they need to develop something that allows the average person to enjoy the game and not get abused in that way.

Some people take these situations seriously and won’t log in, then the ripple effect of their friends leaving as well.

I’ve always seen GW2 in having the best community in any MMO I’ve played, and easily better than any FPS or Moba game. I hate seeing people like that in the game I choose as my main source of gaming entertainment.

Anet certainly could improve many things but they are not responsible for babysitting and if some people decide that getting kicked is enough to keep them offline, perhaps better if they don’t play online games.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Thobek.1730

Anet certainly could improve many things but they are not responsible for babysitting and if some people decide that getting kicked is enough to keep them offline, perhaps better if they don’t play online games.

Its not babysitting. Its looking after customer satisfaction of your product. You abuse people at any other public event security are going to give you the boot. Online games should not be treated differently. Online bullying is a thing.

The only MMO I’ve really experienced it in was WoW and that was a toxic kittenstorm (I see it all the time in Moba’s and FPS games) But I don’t really want to see it finding it’s way into GW2.

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

Its not babysitting. Its looking after customer satisfaction of your product. You abuse people at any other public event security are going to give you the boot. Online games should not be treated differently. Online bullying is a thing.
The only MMO I’ve really experienced it in was WoW and that was a toxic kittenstorm (I see it all the time in Moba’s and FPS games) But I don’t really want to see it finding it’s way into GW2.

I totally agree, this sort of abuse should really be dealt with harshly and swiftly. It was pretty ridiculous in WoW, and I don’t want to ever see it getting anywhere near that bad here. I think it can unfortunately be a bit of a slippery slope if it doesn’t get dealt with definitively.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

It’s gotten so bad, players don’t even atempt to make groups to play it. All the groups have titles like

or

This is because apparently fighting monsters is bad. So huge parts of the dungeon need to be run/bypassed by people who know the route already, or have a really good stealth/speed/regen build and have low enough lag to perfectly follow the leader’s speed run path.

I agree with the OP, there should be a “complain about player” option, for players who boot people because they hate n00bs or anyone who doesn’t run zerker or whatever the meta is. Then that player gets a tag that warns other player’s that they will boot or grief you because your build isn’t good enough for them.

I almost fell for it…nice one! 9/10

@OP: The majority of Pugs is working fine. Yes, there are some baddies but it’s negligible.

There is a bigger problem: People joining lfgs without meeting the required stuff, for example:
- “lvl 80 only” —> lvl 42 joining
- “experienced zerker” —> full cleric staff guard joining
- “lf thief/mes/engi” —> necro joining
- “no skips, relaxed run” —> thief joining, running apart and in the end shouting: “wtf u doin guys, get over here.”

Respect lfgs kitten , then you won’t have a problem in 99% of your runs. In the last 1% you will get that axxhole that is hiding in every online game so far.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

or

@OP: The majority of Pugs is working fine. Yes, there are some baddies but it’s negligible.

There is a bigger problem: People joining lfgs without meeting the required stuff, for example:
- “experienced zerker” --> full cleric staff guard joining
- “no skips, relaxed run” --> thief joining, running apart and in the end shouting: “wtf u doin guys, get over here.”

Respect lfgs kitten , then you won’t have a problem in 99% of your runs. In the last 1% you will get that axxhole that is hiding in every online game so far.

elitism=bad

There’s a reason GW2 doesn’t have an inspect item feature when clicking on other players.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

There’s also a reason why they added a kick feature.

The real issue is people who can’t accept that not everyone wants to play with them, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Just stay in your lane.

Won’t really matter in a couple days anyhow.

Posted by: rottenzombie.4780

rottenzombie.4780

or

- “no skips, relaxed run” --> thief joining, running apart and in the end shouting: “wtf u doin guys, get over here.”

elitism=bad

There’s a reason GW2 doesn’t have an inspect item feature when clicking on other players.

You should open your own LFG ‘all welcome’ in stead of QQ

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I’ve done daily dungeon runs for at least the past 5 months, all in pugs. Wasn’t kicked once. My secret? I never join groups unless I meet the lfg requirements. The system is fine.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

A personal favourite I had this week to add to your list:

“AC merge meta zerk” – Warr with dolyak signet and toughness stacks joins

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: bacon.9461

bacon.9461

Or you could find a guild of casuals that care little, and will show you what actually matters without requiring certain things cough zerkers cough

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

It’s been around since the beginning of the game. Honestly, I’ve never done all of Arah and I’ve mostly stayed out of Fractals thus far to avoid these kinds of experiences. I have no issue using a meta build and gear, but it seems almost impossible to find a group of people willing to let you learn a dungeon/fractal these days.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

It’s been around since the beginning of the game. Honestly, I’ve never done all of Arah and I’ve mostly stayed out of Fractals thus far to avoid these kinds of experiences. I have no issue using a meta build and gear, but it seems almost impossible to find a group of people willing to let you learn a dungeon/fractal these days.

Honestly, it’s tougher because the game is 3 years old. I am in the same boat re: Arah really. I still see plenty of lfg ads for people new to paths though.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Vinceman.4572

Honestly, it’s tougher because the game is 3 years old. I am in the same boat re: Arah really. I still see plenty of lfg ads for people new to paths though.

This or the harder thing to do:
Open an own lfg like: “Px – new to Arah – could use some help – friendly and relaxed run”.
I swear, this group will be filled very fast and often there are experienced players joining because we almost all like those lfgs.

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

I also saw the reddit post. It has nothing to do with LFG requirements. It’s the fact that the person pugged the whole set of 3 fractals + bonus (lvl 49 or 50 can’t remember) but got kicked right before the end boss. He then gets a whisper from someone: Thanks for keeping my spot warm" and then the next day “sorry we kicked you but our guildie needed the gear”.

that is 1 type of attitude I think should not be in this game. you can report them for LFG abuse, but like posters above have said, nothing really seems to be changing, and this since the start of the game (with dungeons)

the kick because you do not require the LFG requirements, totally acceptable. the kick right before the end boss because we want to keep the reward within our guild is not ok.

Vinceman.4572

Well yes, that’s not ok, report them and move on. How many times does that happen? 1 out of 100 Runs or less.
So, in my opinion the system is working very fine. The baddies exist but they are not a big problem.
You can also play everything 100% safe with only two friends/guild members w/e.

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

I’ve always considered the kick option intended to only be used against people who are rude/abusive, or perhaps who disconnect and can’t get back within a reasonable amount of time.
Any other use of it really just seems like abuse on the part of the one(s) doing the kicking…

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

So I pug fairly frequently and have never had this problem, you know why?

LFG (made by myself):
“Chill run. P1, all welcome.”
“Chill run, teaching P2”
“Chill run. P3, first time – GUIDE APPRECIATED”

Never have issues, I make the LFG and when anyone joins my party I ask in /p to make sure they read my LFG. I instantly fill, and the people in my group run the gamut from exp to not, but they are all laid back.

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

Any other use of it really just seems like abuse on the part of the one(s) doing the kicking…

well, that’s just you being wrong there. the kick option is there for when 3 out of 5 players want to get rid of one or two players for whatever reason they want.
while i agree that kicking someone in order to invite a guild member at the end of a fractal run is wrong and should be punished severely i still like the kick option to avoid anybody that could get on my nerves.
i explained this several times in different threads but i have specific standards which i display in the lfg description and if you don’t meet them i’m gonna kick you. if i say “no players with green armor” and you join having a green armor i will kick you. same goes for zerker and specific classes. i don’t want to see a necro, ranger or engineer on my team (because 1. i am the engineer and 2. all engineers except for me suck) and as long as there are two others on the team who share my opinion you’ll stay in the party only for as long as it needs to change your toon and get kicked if you don’t. it’s your fault for feeling entitled to a party spot even if you’re not welcome.
that said i will obviously kick you before we start the dungeon or fractals and not at the end. doing that is just messed up and there’s a special spot in hell for people that do that.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

So make some friends who haven’t done the content, go in and figure it out together. I can fully understand why more experienced players don’t have time for those that lack the expertise. It’s incredibly frustrating to get into a run groove if you have to carry someone and you’re not getting paid for it. -Sid

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

or

elitism=bad

Good thing we can filter people out without it – and can still kick in order to ensure that people don’t ruin our game experiences by not even caring what party they join.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’ve always considered the kick option intended to only be used against people who are rude/abusive, or perhaps who disconnect and can’t get back within a reasonable amount of time.

Yes sure – because not wanting to play with a certain person if they want to play with you is a form of abuse – you’re abusing them.
This is absurd.

You can pick whomever you want to play with – if you don’t like someone you need no other reason to not play with them and you are not abusing anything – everyone has the right to play with whomever they want.

So do you – and so do I.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I myself would not kick anyone for playing bad anymore, it brings some spice to the fight.

people who feel they must kick ppl in dungeons are just bad player with low skill.

I only would kick if I do a lfg ask for lv 80 ( I stopped asking for meta /zerk since group faster full and I can avoid agro ppl) and a lv 60 or lower comes. Since it shows the person failed the minimum of brain power I require the skill to read LFG.