getting to 150 AR

getting to 150 AR

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

Follow my math here and tell me if I’m wrong. I count 19 total possible infusion slots. 6 armor, 2 weapon, 6 from rings, 2 from back piece, 1 amulet, 2 accessories.
My goal would be to get to 150 AR. Obviously the cost of an agony resistance infusion gets expnentially larger the higher it goes, so to keep costs reasonable we want to keep the agony infusions at the lowest level we can. So 150/19 is a bit lower than 8, so we want to use a combo of +8 and +7s to get to 150 AR. One reasonable solution would be 17 +8 inusions and 2 +7 infusions. Gives you a nice 150. Thats goign to cost, very roughly, maybe 115 gold at current prices.

For the people who created the +5 infusions with stat bonuses, they are are introuble it seems. If you kept your +5s in your armor and weapons, to get to 150 ar you have to bump everything else up to +10s and that nearly triples the price. Even if they allow people to bump the +5s up to +7 as i’ve seen suggested, you still cant make it to 150 ar. 7X19 = 133 leaving 17 ar unaccounted for. I suppose some will say that missing 17 ar wont make much difference and you can get by without it. I dont know, im nowhere near 100.

So my point in this post is just to have you guys double check that my thinking is right and im not missing some big cost saving step.
One last question. i havent dont the math on it yet. Can anybody tell me if the “bulk” agony resistance infusions for sale from the special merchant are cheaper than just crafting them? Is it just a time saving measure or is there any advantage? thanks for any input.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I thought you have to use the +7s for the regular infusion slots, or did they change that? The craftable agony infusions (such as +8s) only go into the agony-infusion slots from infused rings/back pieces and attuned rings, afaik.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

Wow wow wow. ty for the info and link. This is blowing my mind. The whole conversation about fractal rewards and fractals as a gold sink is now coming into sharp focus for me. I’ll admit to being a big time fanboy of the game, but this kitten is all out of whack.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

You can’t put the +X Agony Infusions in normal slots. You have to put them in Infused/Attuned gear.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

14 X +7 versatiles
3 X + 10 Agonys
2 X +11 Agonys

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yeh you made a mistake there
there are 2 types of infusions

14 slots for +7 AR infusions (6 armor, 2 weapon, 6 trinkets)
5 slots for the infusions with optional value (4 rings, 1 backpiece)

so you take
14x +7 AR = 98 AR
and
5x +9 AR (for example) = 45 AR

that together is already 143 AR and gets you pretty high in fractals

now you can just replace the +9 AR infusions in one of your rings with +12 infusions with the time
and then exchange 1 other +9 for a +10 and you have exactly 150 AR

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

so the old +5 on my armors now are just wasted ? need to replace with +7 ? wth…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

It’s not really wasted.

First, you need to extract the old +5 versatile infusion with the new infusion extractor (~25 silver from fractals NPC).

And then you need to buy the new +7 versatile infusions, which costs one +5 versatile infusion, and other currency.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

OR if you have a ton of fractal relics and don’t want to spend the silver for extractor tools just buy the +5 for +7 conversion (in my case for 2 armor sets and all the regular slot infusions on weaps (incl. underwater and ascended breather), jewelry, and back piece, it will run you around 5k regular fractal relics. No big deal when you have 10s of thousands of them.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

It’s not really wasted.

First, you need to extract the old +5 versatile infusion with the new infusion extractor (~25 silver from fractals NPC).

And then you need to buy the new +7 versatile infusions, which costs one +5 versatile infusion, and other currency.

aaahh..nice…. thanks for the head up..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: abode.2549

abode.2549

can we get 145 AR from gears and then get the +5 from the mastery thingy inside the fractals ? and if not, the agony chart here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony shows that the health lose with 150 AR and 145 AR at level 100 are the same, why do we need 150 AR then ?

getting to 150 AR

harold.3526

The chart is wrong

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: abode.2549

abode.2549

did you test it ? the guy over here https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3pyuj5/sc_fractal_scale_100_completed/ finished it with 146 AR, i don’t know how much of a different it made for him but it means it’s doable with 145

getting to 150 AR

harold.3526

if people ress you in the beginning and you keep away from everybody (social awkwardness instability) you are fine with 0 agony resist

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

yeh you made a mistake there
there are 2 types of infusions

14 slots for +7 AR infusions (6 armor, 2 weapon, 6 trinkets)
5 slots for the infusions with optional value (4 rings, 1 backpiece)

so you take
14x +7 AR = 98 AR
and
5x +9 AR (for example) = 45 AR

that together is already 143 AR and gets you pretty high in fractals

now you can just replace the +9 AR infusions in one of your rings with +12 infusions with the time
and then exchange 1 other +9 for a +10 and you have exactly 150 AR

Your solution is inferior to:

14 X +7 versatiles
3 X + 10 Agonys
2 X +11 Agonys

Your option requires a total of 13 +10ar infusions versus 7 +10ar infusions in option 2. At current prices of 40 gold per +10ar infusion, that’s 240 gold you are wasting to get the nearly same effect.

getting to 150 AR

Posted by: PsychoHD.1695

PsychoHD.1695

Aight so I just hit 150 and this is how I did it:

Armour: +7s (42 AR)
Weapons: +7s (14 AR)
Backpiece: +7 and +10 (17 AR)
Amulet: +7 (7 AR)
Accessories: +7s (14 AR)
Rings: Each had a +7, a +10 and a +11 (56 AR)

Rip my relics and wallet lmao; I got most of the +1s from saving up the Encryptions and all that jazz

Good luck fellow Fractallers!

Attachments: