gigantus lupicus in arah almost impossible :S

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

why the hell is he almost impossible to kill…

A wolf among sheep

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

He isn’t bad at all if you understand the fight and bring the right things. Watch a video like this one and you will see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ25Ts2LAuk

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

He’s not, thousands of teams have killed him. Learn the fight, come prepared, conquer the boss.

Easy as it can be.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

You’ve not done the Simin fight. That’s closer to impossible. Much, much closer.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Hes so easy :|
Phase one, range him and kill the grubs

Phase 2
see red circles dodge out of them.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

You’ve not done the Simin fight. That’s closer to impossible. Much, much closer.

I’d rather fight 2 Lupicus’s at the same time than 1 Simin.xD

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’d rather fight 2 Lupicus’s at the same time than 1 Simin.xD

That’d be a nice idea. I’d love fighting two at the same time.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

First time Lupicus: about ten try
First time Simin: one try

Though both took about the same time, Simin is not a hard fight, it is a frustrating fight. You never get close to dying, you simply see her regen more than you can deal.

Both of those bosses are what I expect for the hardest dungeon in the game. View videos, read strats, be patient. You’ll find out the feeling when you down them is better than any of the other bosses you’ve downed yet.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

lupi is harder than simian agreed. ive joined about 3 teams that were @ simin, maybe im lucky, but ive had a 100 percent sucess rate. Maybe I just know my strengths (Full ascended zerker warrior) but even though ive never “1shot” simian, while I have “1shot” Lupi, Id still go with Lupi requires way more: 1. Player thinking 2. Movement 3. Reaction time and punishes you in the form of death rather than just failing.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

You guys don’t even know how hard simin used to be. It basically required five full zerk players with impeccable timing and teamwork. Now it’s a cakewalk, huh? Shame. It devalues the Dungeon Master title enormously.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You guys don’t even know how hard simin used to be. It basically required five full zerk players with impeccable timing and teamwork. Now it’s a cakewalk, huh? Shame. It devalues the Dungeon Master title enormously.

I seriously hope you’re trolling.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Not at all. How did you beat Simin? We failed repeatedly until we wore all zerk. I don’t remember it being easy at all. In fact, when I played her, you could not hit her while she was under stealth/regen…there used to be a bug where you could take advantage of that and hit her while she was stealthed. Her regen used to be so fast that one mistake with the sparks meant full reset. One tear too late meant no progress on her health bar.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Dub.1273

He just killed me with his ranged projectiles in melee. NERF PLZ IMPOSSIBLE.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

Were you hosting the dungeon?

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

You never beat him and you expected to go melee him ?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Not at all. How did you beat Simin? We failed repeatedly until we wore all zerk. I don’t remember it being easy at all. In fact, when I played her, you could not hit her while she was under stealth/regen…there used to be a bug where you could take advantage of that and hit her while she was stealthed. Her regen used to be so fast that one mistake with the sparks meant full reset. One tear too late meant no progress on her health bar.

He probably tells you something about a “necro in blue/green gear with 700 ach points”.
Just LOL!

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I remember my first arah… 5 1st timers, all in rare or less gear. Had no idea what the paths were so we picked the one that sounded the most fun… path 4. The other 4 members of the team rage quit soon as they died to the champion spider (undead malrona). Took us 2 hours to get to a boss that now takes a good group 15 mins to get to. Just imagine how angry much worse it could have gotten if we actually made it to lupi!

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

He probably tells you something about a “necro in blue/green gear with 700 ach points”.
Just LOL!

Right, I remember this. We had two necros actually! LOL!

Dub.1273

You never beat him and you expected to go melee him ?

Yes i never did Arah before.
Also, Lupicus used his bubble and killed me with his projectile 1 second later in melee.I mean i can survive his kicks because i always run 4 Guard Teams and wear PVT gear and his AoE in Phase 2 is always getting reflected by Wall of Reflection and Aegisspam but why can he kill me in Phase 3 I call NERF!!!
PS: Guess if i’m trolling.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Since we are talking about trolling I had Lupicus trolled me a couple of times before, a few times on phase 3 he would siphon a bit of health off me and then go back to phase 2 like 3 times it really kitten me off.

At one point he got me in downed state and I stayed there attacking him and healing myself, so after a minute of being in downstate he gets from phase 3 back to phase 2, looks at me for a few more seconds, laughs at me, and does his giant AOE to finish me off. I ragedquit after that.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

@Dub
My apologies, I didn’t pay attention to your name, the way you wrote your post I felt it was the OP speaking lol

Dub.1273

Oh, sorry for trolling. Still: NERF PLZ OMG!!!

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

PS: Guess if i’m trolling.

sounded legit

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Post nerf I think Simin is pretty boring yet buggy. If he wasn’t buggy Simin wouldn’t be a challenge at all.

Lup is very good event. Impossible for first timers maybe but pretty fun once you learn the event. After getting good at Lup nothing else in the game seems like much of a challenge.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Speaking of Lupi, people always go “he goes after this guy with high tuffness”

well , i was wearing PVT on my warrior, with guards in group so surely I wasnt the highest, and it went after me. Now lets assume, the guards werent PTV, and in zerker or somit… THEN i go OOC, while team is fighting lupi, swap my PTV gear for zerker. and lupi stayed on me!!

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

I love reading threads about players soloing Lupicus, and then right below that, a thread about how he’s impossible for a 5 man team.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Speaking of Lupi, people always go “he goes after this guy with high tuffness”

well , i was wearing PVT on my warrior, with guards in group so surely I wasnt the highest, and it went after me. Now lets assume, the guards werent PTV, and in zerker or somit… THEN i go OOC, while team is fighting lupi, swap my PTV gear for zerker. and lupi stayed on me!!

There is button for dodge you know, try it, helps in this game.

Posted by: Emissary.3792

Emissary.3792

I love reading threads about players soloing Lupicus, and then right below that, a thread about how he’s impossible for a 5 man team.

Hahaha was just thinking the same. But yeah, I’m proud of myself cause we beat lupi with 1 guy who’d run it like twice before, and 4 first timers, on path 1 xD

It may or may not have taken 6-8 hours…

Posted by: Mosen.9526

Mosen.9526

He can be a littler overwhelming at first, seeing as there aren’t or isn’t another boss that’s as involved skill wise as he is. This does not mean he’s impossible to kill. Learn the tricks of each phase, focus less on DPS and more on positioning and survival, and just keep at it. You’ll eventually nail it down and beat him.

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

The ‘problem’ with Arah is that it needs actual teamwork, and all five players need to be somewhat competent, altho a really decent guardian or mesmer can make those fights a lot easier on others. In most (all?) other dungeons, you can afford to have one or even two people getting downed, even defeated, pretty often, you can get people in greens, you can never dodge and still roll through nearly everything.
Not in Arah. That’s the thing that makes it ‘hard’. And so much fun.

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Lupicus is really good at teaching you how to not step in red circles. Also Simin was dumb as hell before. Pushed her into a corner and spammed 1 for 5 minutes. My fingers hurt thinking about that.

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

He isn’t bad at all if you understand the fight and bring the right things. Watch a video like this one and you will see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ25Ts2LAuk

Sorry, but this is how you kill GL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XGXMhxiLUEs&list=PLzYy8FVzP3HZcddc7Zc8t8Q3PaztcOPiM#t=510s

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Its not impossible its really fun and a good example of how bosses should be like.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Lupicus is really good at teaching you how to not step in red circles. Also Simin was dumb as hell before. Pushed her into a corner and spammed 1 for 5 minutes. My fingers hurt thinking about that.

Lupicus teaches you what projectiles are and what is AoE, also Simin was first fixed months ago and then nerfed cause of the whiners.

Posted by: Barbelo.5916

Barbelo.5916

Its not impossible its really fun and a good example of how bosses should be like.

Yes. No more nerf. We like him the way he is.

IOJ [TRBO]

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

To be honest Lupicus is the easiest boss in Arah. He’s really not that hard.

Dub.1273

He is and remains impossible!!!

Dub | [rT]