gw2dungeons.net: Reset discussion

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With the increased downscaling lots of damage was lost. Do you guys think this requires a record reset for lower level dungeons?

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

With the increased downscaling lots of damage was lost. Do you guys think this requires a record reset for lower level dungeons?

Of course. How do you think there could ever be someone beating a record after that massive nerf?

Posted by: Saix.4126

Saix.4126

Yeah record reset for sure. The loss in damage is huge.

Especially for solo/duo records.

Ravi [DnT]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yep. No other choice to be honest.

Wethospu.6437

For AC it’s pretty obvious but what about stuff like HotW story? Where do we draw the line?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

For AC it’s pretty obvious but what about stuff like HotW story? Where do we draw the line?

There’s also the stability change to discuss isn’t there? Would make a difference in some strategies? I’d say let someone run it and give some feedback on whether they think the change was enough to warrant it on lvl 80 content? (and confirm no stat changes on 80?)

Saix.4126

Stabillity really isnt an issue.

Unless a specific path/encounter has an issue, we shouldn’t worry about it as a whole just yet. If something is brought to our attention we will address the specific issue at that time.

As for Wethospu’s statement about HoTW etc.:

I think we should just do a clean reset. A dps loss is a dps loss. I personally think all players should be on the same level field in terms of records etc.

Ravi [DnT]

Wethospu.6437

I’m just bit hesitant about resets since there are lots of people who don’t like their achievement just washed away.

But if majority feel this way I will do the reset in about two days (to give time for discussion).

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Stabillity really isnt an issue.

Unless a specific path/encounter has an issue, we shouldn’t worry about it as a whole just yet. If something is brought to our attention we will address the specific issue at that time.

As for Wethospu’s statement about HoTW etc.:

I think we should just do a clean reset. A dps loss is a dps loss. I personally think all players should be on the same level field in terms of records etc.

But it isn’t a dps loss at 80 is it?

and for the stab I’m mainly just thinking of the troll if people have to dodge now… probably not, but just a thought.

spoj.9672

Full clean resets are easier to do. But obviously its not favourable in some cases. I think we need to find exactly whats changed before we can make a decision anyway.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

From what I know SE and upwards didn’t get hit by the nerf very hard (2% or less) so I think those don’t have to be reset. AC and CM definitly need a reset, I guess TA could be up to debate but there are no current records in TA.

A full reset would be strange, there is no justification for wiping fractal records or Arah.

@Stability: the only dungeon record where stability plays a huge role at the moment is SE p2 and I don’t know enough about it to make a definit statement. Other than that the replacement is good enough to serve its purpose.

and for the stab I’m mainly just thinking of the troll if people have to dodge now… probably not, but just a thought.

You always want to dodge the Trolls autoattack since it’s a bouncing projectile that inflicts weakness. It’s also unblockable (thanks Anet). For the fear you can still use the new stability.

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

(edited by Cheezy.2039)

Saix.4126

Cheezy,

I personally wouldn’t call for a full reset either. I do suggest resetting all down-scaled dungeons though.

Even if SE is only around a 2% loss, 2% is still 2% and while I HIGHLY doubt that the 2% is the difference between getting a record and not getting a record, it will prevent any whining from record contestants/ not needed complaints.

Ravi [DnT]

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Full reset sounds like a good idea to me

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I think we should indeed get a reset on the records. The dps loss is huge (around 10% buffed) in AC, which means the current P2&3 records can’t be beaten anymore imo.

I want to redo all teh AC records so I might be biased

Edit : read somewhere that the barriers in SE P1 were changed. Record impacting ?

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

(edited by Enaretos.8079)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I tested with AC and CM this evening and the loss in DPS is astounding. Probably the biggest damage nerf we’ve seen yet (at least in these dungeons it is).

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Im not really part of this world, but i would reccomend with major version alterations you save the records and give them post.

Wall of records PRE 3/17/2015 (a cooler title might be better)
so peoples records under the old mechanics would be there forever.

at the same time you inspire people to create new records with a clean slate.

that said, this patch was pretty buggy, have these changes been confirmed as working as intended?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I tested with AC and CM this evening and the loss in DPS is astounding. Probably the biggest damage nerf we’ve seen yet (at least in these dungeons it is).

tbh ac was a joke, 2 skilled 80 full zerk meta could carry 3 uplevels actively hindering progress as much as possible…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I’m not part of this world either but you could start something like a “new season” when massive changes happen (another one could have been pre FGS nerf). It doesn’t invalidate what people have done before: champion of season 2 will be forever, but now they are challenged to keep their title

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

I cant wait to start running AC more again. More buttons pressed is a win!

Anyway on topic, save current page somewhere like previously suggested.

(edited by Harny.6012)

spoj.9672

Im not really part of this world, but i would reccomend with major version alterations you save the records and give them post.

that said, this patch was pretty buggy, have these changes been confirmed as working as intended?

We have all time records for that. No record is deleted from the database.

spoj.9672

Its not just scaling. It seems there has been a lot of stealth changes to bosses and attacks throughout dungeons and fractals. That plus the stability changes might be enough to consider a full reset. Its only been a day so theres probably more changes to be discovered.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

We have all time records for that. No record is deleted from the database.

right, but all time only considers highest, it doesnt consider lowest.

for example lets say they have some really hard dungeon mechanics and the best times were low. Then they add a new patch, making things easier, you arent really giving people their respect, to be able to set record times under a more difficult situation.

Anyhow its possible yall got it all down already. Im not familiar with your style of record keeping and the variables you are using in your data.

spoj.9672

Well its all there. You can filter records by date and many other variables. Its not immediately clear though. But thats kind of difficult to do without adding hundreds of preset filters.

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

A reset of all downscaled paths seems good to me.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Reset the paths where it’s needed I would say!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I would vote to reset the affected paths and leave the unaffected paths as is.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

As somebody who’s not really a part of the record leaderboards, I’d say only to reset the dungeon paths that were affected. The changes are very significant in some cases and the might nerf that translated to an about 3% DPS loss warranted a reset so I don’t see why a more significant impact to overall DPS shouldn’t.

Also punishing people that have put out records for the paths that were not affected by stripping them of their records would just be pointless in my opinion. Unless somebody genuinely loves to grind for that RNG I can imagine people would be upset if it were to happen.

Wethospu.6437

So downscaling changes reverted.

Do stability, some hit box and some attack width changes require a reset?

spoj.9672

I would say no. They are countered pretty much the same way. And would not effect speed. Plus a lot of those instances dont have current records at the moment anyway.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Stability might have an impact for SE p2, but I’m not 100% sure. Maybe someone of those who run it daily can say if there is a huge difference :d

Other than that maybe HotW story but there is no current record for that anyway

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Scaling back to normal.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

Se p2 is not really affected. You only use hallowed ground there and the static from the golem gets completly reflected or absorbed by wall and shield. Both champs are frozen so you have at least 2 or 3 stacks of stability for the spinning golem wich dies fast anyway and you can easily move out of his way . Idk about doing it in dailies but in the current SE P2 record that I was in that’s what happened.

Rewatch and see stability is not that important there.

Posted by: pokmaster.9703

pokmaster.9703

The Downscaling is just as it was before the patch of the 16th, so i wouldn’t say a Reset is needed