gw2lfg come on!

gw2lfg come on!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Hello fellow tyrians.

Here I am at work, and my gf sends me a whatsapp asking for the webpage you use to find dungeon partners. I answer her it is gw2lfg.com and she says thanks.

I’m left wondering if she finally got into a group or not. And that leads me to another question:
Why isn’t there an A.Net supported dungeon finder?

The echoes of ages past sound in my head:
“We don’t want anyone left out of the dungeons”
A flash from the WoW dungeon queue interface comes to my mind. How awful was to be a dps, luckily I was a tank. How awful was to be a tank and having to lead a bunch of noobs, with only my healer friend to help me to hold the line. I don’t want that either.

The thing is that GW2 doesn’t have the holly trinity and I don’t see that scenario happening in this game.

The way I see it there should be either an in-game dungeon finder or gw2lfg should be supported by A.Net.

Thoughs?
+1?

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

They’re working on an lfg.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

gw2lfg come on!

Ludovicus.7980

I didn’t know that. When did they say that?

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

You might not have something resembling the holy trinity in gw2 – which I think is debatable, it just isnt THE holy trinity we know from past mmos – but you still have noobs ^^. So any concept like wow queue wont work well.

And can you post a source colesy? Because I didnt see anything like that either. Also, with making gw2lfg sticky I really got the impression that that’s it from anet.

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I didn’t know that. When did they say that?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

“We’re also focusing on improving a number of other areas; far too many to cover in detail. Examples of some of the major areas we’re working on in the first half of 2013 include:

Improving the “looking for group” tool to make it easier to find other players to play with in the game.”

Though the main evidence of them working on this is that a LFG tool has been datamined (which means it should arrive relatively soon).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I really don’t understand why they didn’t implement something so fundamental and already exist in GW1 into GW2. It’s good they are working on it but it should be here since day 1.

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Because the team isnt focus’ed on dungeons now

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There is a trinity in GW2 dungeons. D, P and S.

gw2lfg come on!

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

In-game LFG tool will be totally worthless without a longer Field to write full details in.

Our out-post LFG menu in GW1 was way too short, it couldn’t even be used properly for trading more than 2 things.

gw2lfg come on!

Ludovicus.7980

You should be able to put a level filter in a new LFG, but you should never but a class filter on it.
The LFG should have options similar to GW2LFG:
1) You choose if it is for a dungeon or other stuff.
2) If it is a dungeon, which one and if it is explorable or story.
3) If it is something else and it is not in the presets you should be able to have enough text area to describe it properly.

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)