hard, grindy, unfun - chose any 2, not 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Something can be hard and grindy but fun because it’s very well designed. We will enjoy it.

Something can be hard and not especially fun to do and we might still do it and enjoy it, if only for the reward, if only to be able to say we did it.

Something can be easy (not challenging) and grindy, but we’ll still do it over and over if it’s fun. Funny NPCs, interesting mechanics, whatever.

However, you may only pick two. You may never pick three. At the moment, the dungeons are leaning towards “you picked all three: hard, grindy and not that much fun to to”.

Posted by: Hildebert.4196

Hildebert.4196

I’d rather just pick Hard and leave it at that. A fun-grinding instance is a bit of an oxymoron.

Posted by: tribeca.3729

tribeca.3729

I’d rather just pick Hard and leave it at that. A fun-grinding instance is a bit of an oxymoron.

the option is unfun not fun.

my picks are unfun (which is not a word) and grindy (see unfun)

Posted by: Holyfrog.1956

Holyfrog.1956

i want fun and hard, but no kitten grind, had eough of it in otcher mmos i played (yes wow, rift, tera, swtor) but i dont want to go back, anet said something like “no grind set piece after finishing the hard dungeon” sadly this is only for story mode and explo you have to farm so its hard(or buggy what ever u call it) grindy and (because of the buggy part) unfun (well cant speak for others but for me its fun if its hard(not impossible just hard) and i dont have to repeate 70 times for cool gear, thats imo just boring(if i managed it it means im good enough no need for hours of time wasting)

Posted by: HxCFTW.8192

HxCFTW.8192

I had no issues with it until today. Now I find that it is too grindy and unfun. The profit used to make up for it. I think all they are trying to do is to get you to buy gems and trade them for gold. It’s a clear pay to win game now.

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

i had no problems with this game pre yesterdays patch. removing rewards to force us to buy gems really pisses me off. i can deal with the instance grind, i can deal with the karma grind, i can deal with the crafting grind.

I cant deal with being forced to buy gems. removing rewards from instances was hands down the dumbist thing this company could have done.

Posted by: KittyWitty.7813

KittyWitty.7813

Fun is subjective, I still find them fun.