help

help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

i just started doing the CM dungeon…. and i die every few seconds i dont understand why its so complicated. i dont jst sit around i try to dodge everything but i just simply die =[

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

help

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

What class are you? What build do you use? Make sure if you’re targeted by a riflemen to either dodge or stand still they do a ton of dmg to moving targets. You’ll see a red ring around your character when you’re being targeted.

help

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

ima hazard a guess from the name and say ele? If so use swirling winds and a bunch of other projectile stopping skills. If u got a guardian in the team, have him use wall of reflection/shield of the avenger etc.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

help

Mystogan.4157

sorry just fustrated a bit. no im a thief d/d and SB and right now im 20/16/20/0/0 and right not its a HS build what build is best for this dungeon?

help

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

The only time you want to bust out your daggers is for single targets, the rest of the time shortbow is much better. Especially considering it applies aoe weakness with 15 points in deadly arts, use smokescreen to protect yourself from all the projectiles.

help

Mystogan.4157

okay should i be building more tanky? my armour mainly has power/precision

help

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

As a thief you aren’t very tanky. If you can’t correctly use your dodges and skills to minimize damage, use an armor that grants toughness and vitality to allow you to survive a bit longer in order to give yourself more time to learn how to correctly survive.

And then depending on the team you have and the skills they use, this dungeon can either be really easy or really annoying.

help

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Thief has a rough time in CM, in part because SB and Pistols have a range of 900 (1200 on SB skill #2) but the Riflemen have a considerably longer range. There are some things that will help:

1) Smokescreen stops projectiles, use it when there are riflemen ahead and it can help significantly.

2) Shadow Refuge. Stand in it until the ring disappears, then use stealth to close to melee range of a target and go nuts w/ D/D. Useful in limited situations, but handy to know how to do.

3) Daggerstorm reflects projectiles, use it as a gap closer when needed.

It takes time getting to know the dungeon, and given the choice, I’ll take my guardian to CM over my Thief because Wall of Reflection > Smoke Screen, but the thief is still viable in the dungeon.

Hope that helps, and GL!

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

help

Posted by: Ruan Jacobz.1398

Ruan Jacobz.1398

Also, always be moving as a thief. Whenever you fight something up close be sure to strafe around it as you do. Use your right mouse button to aim at the enemy while you move left or right and dodge when you see something painful is coming your way mate.