in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

my guild made it to about 10% on the 1st boss after about 15 attempts

how far did you get

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

KING had several raid groups, I can only speak for the one I was part of: we made it about that far as well. We were fairly casual in regards to gear and class choice (I was on a PS warrior without the elite spec), so our DPS wasn’t good enough to compensate for the occasional death. It was fun though and I think it’s just a matter of everyone getting used to the encounter, so the right decisions are made instinctively (muscle memory, spatial awareness).

how far did you get

Posted by: Merzonathl.8329

Merzonathl.8329

My raid team made it to the Guardian and got him down to around 55% health. At 66% he changes phase, and it gets really hard. Then when the floor started glowing and certain areas was prohibited to enter for a while, we wiped. Spent 4 hours in there..

how far did you get

Posted by: Dexxyn.8104

Dexxyn.8104

same here, Third phase wipe, after the timer reached zero.
team:
3x Reaper
1x ele
1x engi
1x thief
1x guard
1x warrior
1x mesmer
1x dudu

so we died at 45% every run, we played 3 hours 40 minutes, first part (3 miniboss) took us 12 minutes.
not all had ascended equipment but best bufffood.
if they would remove the timer, the people could play save and play tank-set, it would take more time, buf it would be possible, i think.
didn’t they say, no berserk meta anymore?

sorry for bad english.

add potatoe-jpg here.

how far did you get

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

we got him down to 50% more or less. we had not enough dps.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

how far did you get

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

not all had ascended equipment but best bufffood.

foodbuffs dont actually work for this, has your guild looked at the lisy of,sigils, runes,and buffs that dont help?

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

how far did you get

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

yeah we got the first boss to about 1/3 of it’s health, seems like this will be another ridiculous dps race after all. The boss mechanics are nice and quite challenging but adding a timer that prevents any non zerker/sinister squad succeeding might have been a mistake.

how far did you get

Dexxyn.8104

yes, no one took night sigill, only force and air sigill etc.

how far did you get

Riranor.6315

personally I find the dps timer fine. With how the fights run you need one tanky character, one healer, a hybrid or two and the rest dps. That sounds like any other mmo if yoh ask me. Zerkers are to squishy, but to many tanks means not enough damage. your dps needs the most optimal rotation, its not as easy as stacking and facerolling like dungeons and some fractals.

how far did you get

Dexxyn.8104

i think it is hard enough without timer, if u don’t know what to do the group will die.
i would love it, if they remove the timer.

how far did you get

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Nah the biggest reason for failure is dieing because you lack defence because you have to deal enough damage to beat the timer. Without that we could just stack nomads and complete it slowly but easily. Timer is needed.

how far did you get

Dexxyn.8104

it would be possible for my friends and me..

how far did you get

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Dungeons are literally impossible to fail, and can even be solo’d. Raids aren’t for everyone.

how far did you get

Posted by: oDe Da Beast.7596

oDe Da Beast.7596

Nah the biggest reason for failure is dieing because you lack defence because you have to deal enough damage to beat the timer. Without that we could just stack nomads and complete it slowly but easily. Timer is needed.

Totally agree. and with 10 zerkers you are not gona kill this. i killed first boss after 2-3h. after learning all mechanics and just communicating. third phase gets rly hard but everyone have to focus up and look at crystals. srry for bad english

Edit: its good that there is some difficult content as well

how far did you get

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

~35% vale guardian before timer ran out, with a group of pugs i invited at the entrance. mishmash of a bunch of different classes/builds (i think we had at least one of each class) I was running celestial druid myself.

this is turning out to be remarkably easier than i expected (ESPECIALLY since timer running out only buffs his damage by 200%, which isn’t really that big of a deal). i guess that’s a-net for you

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

how far did you get

Posted by: Aradox.6140

Aradox.6140

We managed to kill the first Boss with 3 Viper Engis, 3 Revenants, 2 Chronomancer,1 Druid and 1 Berserker.
Everyone was using Berserker gear except the Engineers, that used Viper Equipment.

Thilaya [vC]

how far did you get

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

We managed to kill the first Boss with 3 Viper Engis, 3 Revenants, 2 Chronomancer,1 Druid and 1 Berserker.
Everyone was using Berserker gear except the Engineers, that used Viper Equipment.

Meta confirmed

how far did you get

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

We killed it too and got to the second boss. Dunno what we had, was more or less a random group. But mostly meta.

Second boss is weird tho…

how far did you get

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Meta confirmed

Honestly… sounds pretty good!

how far did you get

Riranor.6315

I’d like to know the second and third boss though

how far did you get

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Two attempts after joining a pug group that was just doing it for the experience, which means likely not optimal set-ups

50% after the 2nd attempt reaching timer, it is by no means easy and people were definitely getting thrown around a lot and many downs.

…and I love this raid for it so far. I don’t even care how long it takes! This wall is going down!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

how far did you get

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

My team just beat the vale guardian! And I think almost everyone in my guild beat it too lol

Tour

how far did you get

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Guild went in without much prior knowledge, after 4 tries setting up teamwork, blue went down, 1st try red (pretty easy), Guardian went down about 15% but wiped us completely cause we didn’tk now how to do it at all.

It’ll be much better next time. Btw, mixed gears , mostly zerk and sinisters, 3 condi dmg dealers.

how far did you get

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

~35% vale guardian before timer ran out, with a group of pugs i invited at the entrance. mishmash of a bunch of different classes/builds (i think we had at least one of each class) I was running celestial druid myself.

this is turning out to be remarkably easier than i expected (ESPECIALLY since timer running out only buffs his damage by 200%, which isn’t really that big of a deal). i guess that’s a-net for you

I don’t think this is “remarkably easier than expected”. I’ve seen plenty of guilds going at it for hours and not beating it. You must have had some amazing coordination :P

how far did you get

Posted by: EllieP.3174

EllieP.3174

~45% with a guild team – all on teamspeak, though 3 of us lacked mics. We wiped with about 1:30 left on the clock before calling it quits as most of us had to leave, took us about an hour and a half as most of us went in with very little knowledge of mechanics.

Was fun – I’m sure once we get more time on the weekend, get familiar with Phase 3, and able to balance our team comp more evenly, we’ll get farther.

I was running clerics ranger myself.

Champion Hunter/Illusionist/Phantom/Magus – [DEAD]

how far did you get

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

On mostly a pug with mics, we got the Vale Guardian to about 22% HP before we lost track of the green circle. We tried for about 3 hours; good fun.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

how far did you get

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Did several guild runs, changing some classes, but without reading any guides or looking up the web. We got Vale Guardian to phase 2 once, then timer ran out. We just run so tanky builds for wvw, not enough dps against the timer, this requires completely new set of items again.

how far did you get

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

1x dudu

WUT?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

how far did you get

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

1x dudu

WUT?

Return of the Owlbear :P

how far did you get

Dexxyn.8104

ranger dudu, second class :P

how far did you get

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

My guild made it to 25% a couple times. Our biggest problem was heals. We didn’t have a druid, and I think a druid is really required. We also only had 1 engineer and a couple condition reapers, so I think our damage was too low from that as well.

how far did you get

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

So after 6 hours non stop in guild team with voice comms out best was 10% many times. Timer always kicks in tho and we panic and wipe. We had optimised builds and food but can’t seem to eek out quite enough DPS. Will keep trying but dunno if it’s gonna hold me for too long if we can’t get consistent at succeeding. Not that we have to all the time but 6 hours nonstop is a lot haha

how far did you get

Posted by: Balsalom.7218

Balsalom.7218

We were able to get it down to about 50% after several hours. We had a guild/pug mixture all on team speak. Most of our time was actually spent looking for people to join though… Based off of our progress we could have probably gotten farther if we hadn’t spent so much time looking for extra people. Our set up was a little unconventional since our tank was a tempest. It seemed to work pretty well actually, since we got farther than our guild’s main group. Based off of this and the fact that I’ve heard of others using a pure support tempest instead of a druid, I would say that people were underestimating the new elite spec for ele.

how far did you get

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

ranger dudu, second class :P

aaaaah well nice nick for druid, i like it a lot!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?