invulnerable mobs??? WTF

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Why in AC P1 do the gravelings becoming invulnerable?

I’m trying to defend hodgins and it’s near impossible when the mob go invulner for 10 seconds and destroy him….

Is this some bug or glitch??? I’ve haven’t seen a thread about it yet…

Devona’s Rest

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Could you elaborate? When do they go invulnerable? Is it really invulnerable or “evade”?

Nova [rT]

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Forget hoggs. Tag burrow as soon as it spawns and melt them.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Could you elaborate? When do they go invulnerable? Is it really invulnerable or “evade”?

I’m kiting in front of the table where the burrow is. I gather all of the gravelings that spawn and while I’m kiting them they suddenly, stop attacking me, go invulnerable and run to Hodgins.
They don’t even have the invulnerable buff on them and it drives me crazy every time it happens.

I’m on my guardian using the staff and I just don’t understand!!!

Devona’s Rest

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

I’ve seen similar things when mobs are pushed against a wall, sometimes it goes “Invulnerable”. Usually only see it in CoF, though… I’ve never really paid attention to the AC gravelings… Too busy killing burrows.

Did a google, and the issue dates back to 2012 – so it most likely isn’t going anywhere…

(edited by Big Jay.1479)

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’ve seen this happen, but only near the table. I think it has to do with be on top of the table, or on the opposite side of the table from Hodgins.

The most useful kiting pattern I’ve found there is to just keep running clockwise around the pillar just East of Hodgins while spamming 1 on staff. You usually won’t see the invuln bug and you stay close enough to Hodgins that you can keep aggro off of him while keeping the gravelings away. Plus you’re constantly LOSing the gravelings around the pillar, so you don’t have to worry as much about knockbacks.

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If you go on top of the table at any point, or jump over it, the mobs cannot path to you, go invulnerable, and thus go hit Hodgins. Avoid the table and you don’t encounter this.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Most ridiculous “invulnerable” I have experienced so far:

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

These sort of things happen all the time to me.

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I believe dusk has it right, but either way you shouldn’t be worrying about the mobs, pop the burrows the second they spawn, otherwise far too many gravelings come out for any five players to handle.

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

i believe this came about after some sort of patch that was supposed to make it impossible to kill mobs while at the same time them not being able to hurt you back….like shooting them from a safe spot

but this doesnt work cause as long as one party member can be hit by the mob the rest of the party can still damage the mob…probably i dont have it quite right… but the mobs cannot hit you back too well when you hit them from the table top

this is how i kite for him in my thief if we are doing it that way…

avoid even going near hodgins

use shortbow and just keep dropping the poison field on hodgins so as to aggro any mobs
that approach him

have 25% travel speed bonus on to make your life easier

have stun breakers on in case you get knocked down

just spam poison field

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Seems like some kind of anti-exploit mode.

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

The invulnerability the mobs get do occur when they can’t attack you but you can attack them. There actually a few spots in the room where you protect Hodge where this happens (on the table and on the pile of rocks in front of the table, specifically) This is also why I try to get people to stop jumping up on top of the pile of rocks right after the Spider Queen in AC.

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Its a feature to make it so that you cannot use terrain to your advantage and range enemies from safe spots. One of the biggest problems associated with this, is that the pathing in this game is at times absolutely terrible. No AI pathing means they turn invulnerable, and even a very minor terrain feature can screw up pathing, every time a Phantasmal Warden (Mesmer Focus5) doesn’t attack, that is due to the pathing just failing… and this happens a great deal of the time.

In this case, just ignore them and DPS down the burrows. When this happens elsewhere, just sort of move around a bit and pray that this bug goes away. It can be nice to your party to call out if you are getting nothing but invuln, so they know that the party DPS is kitten until the bug goes away. If too many people in the party are suffering from this invuln bug, your party might want to try to kite the enemies/boss somewhere else while praying to the RNG gods to make the bug go away.

invulnerable mobs??? WTF

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

Most ridiculous “invulnerable” I have experienced so far:

Frifox, you’re too predictable! I didn’t even have to click the video, haha.