Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

No …

/10char

is it worth doing dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

I’ve enjoyed every single one I’ve done.

Might be an L2P problem.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I feel hugely rewarded for doing dungeons. I can’t match the xp (except perhaps taking a keep in WvW, but you can’t repeat that at will), can’t match the gold.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Well, it feels good finishing a Dungeon. Sometimes I change dungeons as I get bored of one, or feel like its too much of a drag to continue.

Loot, xp, token and general experience wise, yes its worth it. There are better ways to gain either one of these things except dungeon tokens, but dungeons are good. Bit buggy but good:)

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Not really with the trading post being a thing.

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

it was a very useful learning tool for me and fun.
XP is good both in numbers and learning.
AC story finished is about a level each run.

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

Not if you’re wanting items. Dungeons are good if you like the reward of accomplishment, but if you want a material reward, for example - items or gold, than you’ll be sorely dissapointed.

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I guess that is true. item wise its nothing special save that there are several big chests.

Posted by: balto.6408

balto.6408

It’s definitely fun, but rewards need to be up-ed.

Posted by: MadMax.6501

MadMax.6501

Well im not gonna do dungeons anytime soon again. For me its too hard and rewards to low. And the repair price for doing it is also to high.

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

same here madmax

Posted by: Denis.5019

Denis.5019

I like the challenge a dungeons gives. The only stopping factor for me is that I have to amass a certain amount of money before doing them, unless I intent to do it naked

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

CoF expo and CM story…yes, but actually running them “legit”…no.

The rewards are way too overpriced and IMO ugly as sin, not to mention the dungeons themselves are some of the LEAST creative examples I’ve seen recently in MMOs.

Also, why the **** do I have INCREASED repair prices…yet I get DE-LEVELED for dungeons? That makes ZERO ****ing sense! ex: I go into CM @ 80, I get de-leveled, but when I die and go to repair…I pay lvl 80 prices…gee thanks a lot ANet.

Posted by: Fox.1054

Fox.1054

To be worth it dungeons need to be fun and compelling. Right now they feel like a Korean grind mmo and are way too easy. If I wanted to look at an enemies’ health bar for 2 minutes every two steps I would go and play a Korean grind mmo. I want quick and deadly combat, where battles are quickly won or lost and where you need to perfect every of your moves. No teamwork should not an option ( seriously anet, remove the waypoints from dungeons ).

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Some dungeons are worth it.
Im gonna keep bringing it up in all these threads you know!
Sorrows embrace military path
Length: about an hour
Difficulty: Challenging. Even on our second time through we were downing, but I dont think we ever wiped.
Shenanigan level: Low. Bosses telegraph quite well, and being 1 shot is pretty much your own fault
Fun level: high.

Now, while this dungeon is probably worth doing for its own sake, others are simply not. This is usually because of the shenanigan level. Or simply length. An example of the latter is the slavery path in Sorrows embrace. Fun bosses, unique ways to fight them, but so much trash clearing it took us 2 hours to do it all. Not a process Id want to repeat

The former is something like say citadel of flames 1st path (superweapon)
The final boss is basically unkillable without a specific setup that you probably wont have on your first time through. And even with this setup no one will be having fun (as 3 peoples entire fight is hitting crystals that constantly respawn and dont fight back. And 2 others fight a giant boss but if they slip up once then the boss is completely reset and everyones time is wasted)

MY biggest problem with that is that it wouldnt be difficult to fix. Make there be less maximum crystals at any one time, or make him spawn them less often, or make him spawn less crystals when he does spawn them, or give the players some way to wipe the room full of crystals, or make the regen not able to take him over a threshold (say 75%, 50%, 25%) so that if someone messes up once the entire fight isnt completely reset. ETC. There are so many ways to fix this instance and its just plain bad right now.

Length: medium, takes 30-1h to reach boss
difficulty: hard/impossible, dungeon was hard for us, though admittedly first timers to that path. However the final boss was impossible for us, and will be impossible for most parties.
shenanigan level: high, final boss is unkillable without a specific setup and a very nonfun fight.

So here’s where we reach a critical juncture. Most teams wont beat the final boss, so they wont bother with the dungeon unless there’s a specific reason for them to do it. This is where the niche of players who like playing for the dungeon turn into typical players

Reward: minimal. 15 tokens if you dont beat the final boss. You could get upwards of 5 times as much doing Magg runs in the same amount of time.
Fun: High/low. The dungeons first portions are interesting, different than ive seen in dungeons before, and actually prettykittenfun. However this is dampened by the final boss which ruins the experience, and then even if you can kill him, has the most unfun boss fight in the game. (at least that ive seen)

Thus there’s no reason to do the dungeon for anyone.

The problem is that most players are typical, and look for rewards quickly. They wont find them in dungeons.
As for the niche players looking for fun challenging experiences, you will only find some of it. Other dungeons are simply too long, boring, or just plain unfun.

tldr; normal players wont find anything, niche players will only find about half the dungeons palatable. Dungeons need some serious tweaking regarding the latter (who are the niche anet was working to make dungeons for)

Posted by: Lysaara.4105

Lysaara.4105

I can’t really see myself wanting to do any dungeon more than once. Did story mode on AC and CM and found them terribly-balanced, tedious and unfun. I find the story part interesting and I was hoping for some unique drops like in WoW, but with tokens only coming(and few at that) from explore mode, I have no interest in running them a zillion times to get just one item.