jade maw fps issues

jade maw fps issues

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

to put simply today I for the first time did fotm rather enjoying some and some not so much. however the jade maw was just cheap. my computer runs gw2 fine not great but fine fps around 8ish to 16ish. however I made it to the jade maw 3x and all 3x I had a fps of I kid you not 2

the lag was so bad I could NOT time my jump properly dieing repeatedly on the first jump. i would either try to jump and it wouldn’t respond fast enough or i’d hold the forward key to long and walk off the edge or no long enough and not mak my jump my friends cleared it to a cp I died then teled to the cp.

i highly doubt it’s my computer it’s not even 4 years old yet. the drivers are uptodate as is my software. and most of gw2 runs well infact i get better fps in wvw.

put simply this puts me a in a dilemma a i can not aquire the relics from the chest so when i do get lvl 10 rward lvl i simply can’t get it. the map which i would love to enjoy is frustrating to the point i left before the maw was dead on the 2nd time there today because all i could do was try to make it but wouldn’t get even close.

anyone having these kinds of problems and any idea if anet will do something such as a option ot remove shinging surfaces or increase the load time to decrease the lag?

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

I also recieve an fps drop in this fractal.

I have no idea what is there to cause it but it appears to clear up when I get to the jade maw.

I am doubtful this will be changed but I am hopeful as this is one of the few things in game that causes noticeable fps drops.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Skull Duggery.3192

Skull Duggery.3192

I have this EXACT same problem every time. Horrible horrible lag (not believed to be network related) when I first get into maw frac. I have to time my jumps very very very carefully to make it through and almost always die at least once. Groups get frustrated with me. I even warn them in advance before we even get there and ask them if we can clear mobs so I can get through slow and steady w/o being chased down. They never listen. In the end, they end up wasting more time waiting for my sorry behind not making it over and over than they would have if we cleared the mobs. I don’t have trouble in any other dungeon, zone, WvW, etc… I’ve dumbed down my graphics as low as they will go and still get the same problem. I’ve managed to struggle my way through it to lvl 12 now but it seriously sucks and zaps any enjoyment out of that frac. Hoping someone figures out the cause and posts…

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

usually, i dodge his agony laser right when the skull disappears. lately though, the skull either doesn’t render, and i get hit by it (acuse i didn’t even know it was coming). or skull shows up, remains, but then the laser hits me. and all this time, i never see the green beam of death. ever.

so has this been a recent change to the jade maw level? or has it always been this laggy? i don’t remember it being this bad lately.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

By ‘fixing’ culling they’ve put more pressure on your computer and Internet connection to handle the extra payload so to speak.
Also 8 FPS is terribad, how on Earth do you play like that? Even my crumby laptop sits me around 30 which is still pretty bad IMO.
I notice this in Arah where there is so much “scenery” to load that my FPS plummets, all I can say is just turn your graphics to ‘Best Performance’. My god does it look terrible but it’ll get you through those difficult areas.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Same problem the game is playable around 15 fps in wvw
But maw and swamp 3-5 fps max

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Lol Dolan, I play at 10-15 FPS standard, and I’m usually happy with it.

When it’s bad, I play at like 6-8.

I have the same issues at Maw, and the only thing I can say is ‘learn to deal with it’. It’s what I did. Eventually, you’ll figure out how to get to the end even with the terribad lag.

Whenever I swap characters in Fractals, and I load into the Maw fractal with whatever I changed to, it’s so bad that all I can see is my character surrounded by white mist because nothing has loaded yet, but I’ll be surrounded by mobs. So I learned how to use my minimap and my minimap only to get to Maw…

Same when I just logged in, my screen will go nuts and be stuck at some place, while my character model hasn’t loaded yet, and while I’m running around, my screen will start jumping and moving to places it shouldn’t go. I also learned how to move around using only my minimap in LA..

My computer sucks

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

is that why I always had to mash my interact button 50 times to pick up a crystal?

Oceanic [LOD]

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yea since they turned culling off im in even more need of an ssd. Lions arch takes an age to load now, it was long enough before with my 4 year old pc.

jade maw fps issues

Wukunlin.8461

does SSD actually help? I asked around at launch but the responses I got were mixed

Oceanic [LOD]

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Everyone I know that got an SSD saw a massive improvement on load times. Wont help with framerate though.

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

does SSD actually help? I asked around at launch but the responses I got were mixed

Absolutely helps with load times.

Retired. Too many casuals.

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

This conversation just went over my head. What’s an SSD? These load times are killing me

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

jade maw fps issues

Wukunlin.8461

solid state drive, basically a harddrive that is much faster and much more expensive per GB

Oceanic [LOD]

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

If you can invest on two SSDs and have a RAID module on your PC you can set loading times back to around 2-4 secs depending on the number of players in the map by setting both SSD’s to RAID 1.

jade maw fps issues

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

They really need to fix it, I run at around 15-35 FPS normally depending on which map i’m in generally but my FPS drops to about 5-9 and when I try to jump its near impossible. I die constantly when trying to jump and my team mates are always too impatient to kill the mobs. I even use a rule of jumping before the edge and using swiftness, but it’s still dreadful. I even got kicked out of a team today because I died while attempting to jump. Anet is ignoring this and needs to do something about it.