lag in dungeon instances

lag in dungeon instances

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I have been getting crazy lag spikes whenever i am in a dungeon recently. My ping would stay as normal but it feels like i am playing with 900+ latency. I am still able to load live stream on source, play other games or anything not dungeon related in this game so i know it isn’t my internet.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: artemis thuras.2461

artemis thuras.2461

Yep.

Had guildies from opposite sides of the US, UK and mainland Europe affected in the same instance. So I doubt its individual, or local backbone based.

Guildie noticed it coincided with the live-streaming of that $500 tourny they advertised the other day. Didn’t pay it much attention myself mind.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Almost of the lag I’ve experienced was because of my modem/the fact that I’m on wireless.

Very very few times was it actually server-wide problems, but they have happened a few times.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Had some lag that wasn’t my side a couple days back but that’s all gone, now it’s just good ol’ aussie ping.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Been having huge lag spikes + random dc’s since the september (?) patch. Always in dungeons, a good 80% death rate because it freezes for 2-5 secs up to 20-30.
I didn’t think my proficiency at playing could plummet even more, but it did. I’m like dead weight now.
I’ll probably stop playing before anet gives a kitten about it. Others in my party have the same problem, to a different degree.
I noticed there’s an increase in dc’s and lag everytime I try to solo arah… Dc’ed twice at abomination before I ragequit.
Coincidence?!?!?! I think not. They’re sending me a message!

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Had quite the interesting Lupi last night, not really sure how we beat it, because I didn’t really get to see much as far as him doing things, just every once in a while damage ticking. My whole group was having issues though, which seems like it’s not on our end. Sometimes I have lag issues, but this was definitely a bit weirder. Reminded me of Dry Top when certain map Ip ranges were basically unplayable, it was that type of lag but not quite as bad.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Ima add to this, now. Just a couple hours back I got lagged out of chat for about 15 mins but the game was working fine, then all of a sudden massive lag in the 3 man CoE dungeon I was doing till we got to the laser room and DC + unable to reconnect. I was upset so went to to take pictures of my dog until I felt better.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

To this day I still don’t fully understand why my connection is so stable compared to my the rest of my fellow countrymen.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

lag in dungeon instances

deSade.9437

All I know is that I played with an italian, multiple german, british and dutch guys and YET we all have lag spikes, one way or another.
At the same time.
It can’t be on our end, it cannot possibly be.
But I have no proof of this…
I’m having it worse than some, most of the time, but I don’t know if it means anything.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

All I know is that I played with an italian, multiple german, british and dutch guys and YET we all have lag spikes, one way or another.
At the same time.
I’m having it worse than some, most of the time, but I don’t know if it means anything.

Because EU.

In before Dub is gonna jump in and rage about how laggy the game is :p

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Suspicious part is it’s usually not the entire game. I’ve only had lag in sPvP once. openworld almost never and most often in dungeons.

Yesterday was unplayable except in my homeinstance where I spent 20 minutes enjoying zero lag. sPvP was fine too.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Suspicious part is it’s usually not the entire game. I’ve only had lag in sPvP once. openworld almost never and most often in dungeons.

Yesterday was unplayable except in my homeinstance where I spent 20 minutes enjoying zero lag. sPvP was fine too.

Now that you say it, I didn’t have lag in spvp at all… Something’s fishy here…

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Now that you say it, I didn’t have lag in spvp at all… Something’s fishy here…

It’s probably because sPvP uses different servers from PvE.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Same here. The only times I ever get disconnected are in dungeons. And it happens frequently.

(edited by vana.5467)

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Taury.7108

Taury.7108

I thought I was the only one who experienced those weird dungeon lags. Yesterday however, my whole party dc’ed in the middle of TA forward and we lost the instance and had to start over.

The weird part is I seem to only experience these lag spikes when in a dungeon instance. I can stand in front of the dungeon area and go through my skill rotations without any problems, however as soon as I enter the instance I get skill delays, chat delays, weird movement patterns and all kind of other annoying lags. Worth mentioning is that this mostly occurs during prime time.

lag in dungeon instances

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Having these issues in WvW as well, so it’s not just dungeons.

lag in dungeon instances

deSade.9437

At the same time.

Because EU.

In before Dub is gonna jump in and rage about how laggy the game is :p

Ehehe. Surprised he isn’t here yet. The chat in rT was mostly him raging at his lag.

Conspiracy theory…. they’re making us lag in instances cus elitists!!!!