learning the guard

learning the guard

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hello guys,

I am on my guard now… and it has been the hardest profession so far. So I’d like some tips on specific encounters.

On SEp3 the carrier part. I rotate reflects and cleanings…and if the group has good dps (I always PuG) the thing is being done… It is a little messy somehow though. Maybe I lack some information on where to pull the mobs?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

learning the guard

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

On the carrier you can use ground targeting before combat to drop a double wall and stability ward before getting in combat. Stability ward helps keeping the parties dps up. I pull the dredge below the ledge so their grenade attacks hit the wall above them because of their arcing flight. That way theyre never reflected, the dredge shouldnt die and the cart shouldnt burrow.
If youre doing double wall, shield of the avenger, another wall, did the pull and your party still cant kill the cart in time theres not much else you can do other than hoping someone else throws some projectile defense.

learning the guard

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

To add to what Rag said you can also consider bringing a hammer along to banish the champion bomber that spawns when the cart hits about 33-25%. His attacks are unblockable and hurt quite a bit so pushing him under the ledge with the other elites lessens the pressure on your party.

learning the guard

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Oh the double wall. Haven’t thought on that. Ty!
About the pull, just to be sure (you know my English is quite meh): first wall/stability ward, move under the ledge, pull the mob, go again to the carrier, and do the reflection/cleaning rotation and push the champion?
Is that it?
Also, and just in case, the 45005 build is the one to use here, right?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

learning the guard

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

What is the double wall that everyone is talking about?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

learning the guard

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What is the double wall that everyone is talking about?

An Exploit, traiting consecrated grounds dropping a wall, then turning off that trait will reset your cooldown for a normal wall.

I am curious how ya’ll are pulling, does GS pull work that well to get them under there? Always figured it wouldn’t so never even tried >.<

learning the guard

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Either Fear Me or one of the Plank consumable items that has a massive knockback AOE range. Usually breaking the Plank is enough to push all of them away.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

learning the guard

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Try having the party stack at the back of the carrier then plant reflects towards the front – that way the bombs won’t splash past the reflect.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment