legendary armor

legendary armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I have nothing against skill requirement to get anything. However, why only through raid, a niche content? And why couldn’t they have been a lot more transparent about it when advertising it?

Raids niche is the fact that its challenging content…

They have been 100% clear that legendary armor will require raiding since its announcement before HoT launch. It has also been all over the forums, reddit, Dulfy, MMOgamer, etc for the past 18 months.

It was 100% clear that legendary armor would require raiding since before HoT. I had no problem about that. It was never clear, however, it would require more out of raid than map completion was required out of the old set. Do the collection and you unlock the precursor was more or less what I expected.

I guess I’m curious as to why this is coming up now? As far as I know, ANET still has not given a 100% confirmation in a post or in game about the legendary armor recipe. That being said, it has been leaked and posted all over the forums/reddit/dulfy/etc.

So if it still isn’t confirmed by ANET and likely won’t until its released because that’s what they do…then did you find out it takes 150 LI from one of those sources? If so then it sounds like you are frustrated with your own ignorance. For instance, this was posted by Dulfy almost 1 year ago.
http://dulfy.net/2016/06/17/gw2-legendary-armor-collection-crafting-guide/

I found out it was going to cost 150 Li when the recipe started to appear on the wiki and I already said what I say here long ago in other threads.

BTW, how is any post anywhere about Leg armor details relevant unless they predate the prebuy time? How were people supposed to buy knowing all these details if they were available after?

The marketing was misleading to me in the context of past legendaries is what I will say. The promotion back then about legendaries was about freeing the acquisition of precursor from the TP and the mystic toilet (enter collections), not bury them behind niche content even after you had acquired the precursor.

legendary armor

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I have nothing against skill requirement to get anything. However, why only through raid, a niche content? And why couldn’t they have been a lot more transparent about it when advertising it?

They have been 100% clear that legendary armor will require raiding since its announcement before HoT launch. It has also been all over the forums, reddit, Dulfy, MMOgamer, etc for the past 18 months.

It was 100% clear that legendary armor would require raiding since before HoT. I had no problem about that. It was never clear, however, it would require more out of raid than map completion was required out of the old set. Do the collection and you unlock the precursor was more or less what I expected.

I guess I’m curious as to why this is coming up now? As far as I know, ANET still has not given a 100% confirmation in a post or in game about the legendary armor recipe. That being said, it has been leaked and posted all over the forums/reddit/dulfy/etc.

So if it still isn’t confirmed by ANET and likely won’t until its released because that’s what they do…then did you find out it takes 150 LI from one of those sources? If so then it sounds like you are frustrated with your own ignorance. For instance, this was posted by Dulfy almost 1 year ago.

I found out it was going to cost 150 Li when the recipe started to appear on the wiki and I already said what I say here long ago in other threads.

BTW, how is any post anywhere about Leg armor details relevant unless they predate the prebuy time? How were people supposed to buy knowing all these details if they were available after?

The marketing was misleading to me in the context of past legendaries is what I will say. The promotion back then about legendaries was about freeing the acquisition of precursor from the TP and the mystic toilet (enter collections), not bury them behind niche content even after you had acquired the precursor.

It was never misleading, they promoted the legendary journey primary for weapons.
The armor precursor is not available without raiding, the LI argument is pretty weak as you need to raid anyway even if they would remove LIs from the recipe.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

legendary armor

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

I’m still not understanding your argument. “How were people supposed to buy knowing they were available after?” All I know it is has been almost 1 year since it was public knowledge that 150 LI were needed for a full set. IMO thats enough time to essentially disregard anything else.

In terms of whether or not you think the LI collection is a good idea, thats a matter of opinion. I personally hate all the old legendaries because they mean absolutely nothing to me if Joe schmo can put his credit card in and buy the legendary in 2minutes.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m still not understanding your argument. “How were people supposed to buy knowing they were available after?” All I know it is has been almost 1 year since it was public knowledge that 150 LI were needed for a full set. IMO thats enough time to essentially disregard anything else.

In terms of whether or not you think the LI collection is a good idea, thats a matter of opinion. I personally hate all the old legendaries because they mean absolutely nothing to me if Joe schmo can put his credit card in and buy the legendary in 2minutes.

We could preorder HOT since june 2015. You show me a 2016 link… need I say more?

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It was never misleading, they promoted the legendary journey primary for weapons.
The armor precursor is not available without raiding, the LI argument is pretty weak as you need to raid anyway even if they would remove LIs from the recipe.

The distinction between armor and weapon was not clearly promoted that way when the time to pre-order was there. It wasn’t even obvious or making sense to proceed differently anyway.

All we knew was that you had to go into raids to get that armor. The idea of the collections discussed back then were about the PRECURSORS. So, logically, we could expect the armor precursor collection being tied to the raid. However, the details about the remaining gifts for the legendary were never disclosed and nobody that I know was expecting 150 LI outside the precursor at that point in time.

Too bad I still have 100 more LI to grind I guess…

legendary armor

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

The distinction between armor and weapon was not clearly promoted that way when the time to pre-order was there. It wasn’t even obvious or making sense to proceed differently anyway.

All we knew was that you had to go into raids to get that armor. The idea of the collections discussed back then were about the PRECURSORS. So, logically, we could expect the armor precursor collection being tied to the raid. However, the details about the remaining gifts for the legendary were never disclosed and nobody that I know was expecting 150 LI outside the precursor at that point in time.

You’re wrong, we knew everything long ago, check this: http://dulfy.net/2016/06/17/gw2-legendary-armor-collection-crafting-guide/
It’s almost a 1 year ago post and nothing changed since then.
Also, if you crafted Crystalline Heart, the master crafter of your chosen armor weight will tell you all details for each gift.

(edited by Zaraki.5784)

legendary armor

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

It was always clear that Legendary Armor was only tied to raids. Every other assumption is wrong and demonstrate the incompetence of gaining information from the available sources (homepage, reddit, massively, forums).

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

legendary armor

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-Information

We got informations from the developer 10 months ago. I can’t remember when the crystalline heart got added, but since than the information is available for everyone. But I think it was the 14th June 2016, when Stronghold of the Faithful got released. That’s 10 months. There was enough time.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

legendary armor

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

We could preorder HOT since june 2015. You show me a 2016 link… need I say more?

I show you a link from 2016 and you are complaining about something that can be finished in 3 months. Maybe its just me but I really don’t have any sympathy when you’ve had plenty of time to meet the requirements. Also, its not like you need to make the armor at launch next Tuesday! You could start raiding today and make the armor in a few months.

Did you know the exactly requirements for the HoT legendary weapons 1 year in advance? No, of course not.

What about the legendary GS, LB, Sword, Focus, Warhorn, Torch, etc…we don’t have the recipes for those! Those were promised almost 2 years ago!

legendary armor

Posted by: Susy.7529

Susy.7529

A little rude but he’s right, there’s no point in complaining for a known fact from 10 months ago, if you didn’t amass enough LIs by now it’s only your problem.

legendary armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

A little rude but he’s right, there’s no point in complaining for a known fact from 10 months ago

Why? If he still disagrees with it, he can complain. Lot of things in this game got fixed that way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

legendary armor

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

A little rude but he’s right, there’s no point in complaining for a known fact from 10 months ago

Why? If he still disagrees with it, he can complain. Lot of things in this game got fixed that way.

Not 4 days before release as ppl said the recipe was known if he had issues with it he could have given feebback months back. Now its too late.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I show you a link from 2016 and you are complaining about something that can be finished in 3 months. Maybe its just me but I really don’t have any sympathy when you’ve had plenty of time to meet the requirements. Also, its not like you need to make the armor at launch next Tuesday! You could start raiding today and make the armor in a few months.

Did you know the exactly requirements for the HoT legendary weapons 1 year in advance? No, of course not.

What about the legendary GS, LB, Sword, Focus, Warhorn, Torch, etc…we don’t have the recipes for those! Those were promised almost 2 years ago!

It is not only rude, it is beside the point being made.

Having more or less time change nothing about having the bad surprise of having to successfully do something you don’t enjoy 150 times to get what you were aiming for. It doesn’t lessen anything. Even if I get the armor (I do have all the collections save the last unknown item + all mats and 50 LI), I will still have the same opinion. It was/is a dumb move on their part to lock the only legendary armor behind raid. It was similarly dumb to lock many basic wvw upgrades we all had access to previously behind an insane amount of guild upgrades. That we have a maxed guild changes nothing about it.

As for the legendary weapons, unless they were/are locked behind a similar content I see no problem. There was no surprised with the weapons so far. If I would be aiming at the upcoming warhorn and learn they suddenly decide to lock it behind a content I hate I would have the same frustration.

When they initially decided to postpone all new legendaries indefinitely, a lot of us felt betrayed and with good reasons. They advertised the expansion with all the weapons minus the aquatic ones and after an eternity we had only 3 and then 4 weapons… that we could read about the topic on the forum and on Dulfy is/was utterly irrelevant. At least they managed an acceptable work around for the weapons even if we are getting the complete list at a really slow pace.

I will have that armor in the end, but it changes nothing about anything I’ve said. I’m not complaining because I can’t get my goal. I’m saying it was not a fantastic journey and I’m bitter about how it turned out.

If you do not understand or agree that is fine. I’m not asking for approval. I’m sharing my opinion and venting some frustration. That is all.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Not 4 days before release as ppl said the recipe was known if he had issues with it he could have given feebback months back. Now its too late.

Uh, I did give my feedback when it became public… it changed nothing. The power they had back then to change things they still have today. I understand why you like to think it is too late, but it never will be.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

Uh, I did give my feedback when it became public… it changed nothing. The power they had back then to change things they still have today. I understand why you like to think it is too late, but it never will be.

What exactly is it that you wish to change about the legandary armor?

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It’s accessibility dependence to raid. Give an alternative currency, or anything else, that can be acquired outside of raid. Make it time gated too and differently difficult (structured group activities are hardly the only thing that can be made difficult) if you want, but not tied to raid type content. The precursor is already knee deep tied to raid anyway.

Ideally, a completely different suit of armor is what would be best, but when Anet people make us understand that there likely won’t be any other suit of leg armor before GW3 you kinda have to compromise on the topic.

That being said, I can understand why raiders won’t like that solution. It is their badge of honor and my solution compromise that. I too would not like it if the role were reverse. And I’m not even asking this for me since I will likely finish most of the suit before any such thing could be implemented. I just know that end game gear is an end game content many like to go after. Anet should know that too.

legendary armor

Astralporing.1957

Frm what he said, he did complain then. He just continues to do so, because the situation he complained against still persists.

Seriously, if you see something you’d really want changed, the worst thing you can do is to keep silent, because “it’s too late”. As i said, lot of things got fixed in this game because players complained – usually log after that thing got already introduced (so, when, by your reasoning, it was too late). And there was at least one case i remember when player complains caused last minute changes to something that was to be implemented in few days.

Granted, that’s not likely to happen this time, but still, giving feedback is important. And it’s never too late for this.

Actions, not words.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

It’s accessibility dependence to raid. Give an alternative currency, or anything else, that can be acquired outside of raid. Make it time gated too and differently difficult (structured group activities are hardly the only thing that can be made difficult) if you want, but not tied to raid type content. The precursor is already knee deep tied to raid anyway.

Ideally, a completely different suit of armor is what would be best, but when Anet people make us understand that there likely won’t be any other suit of leg armor before GW3 you kinda have to compromise on the topic.

That being said, I can understand why raiders won’t like that solution. It is their badge of honor and my solution compromise that. I too would not like it if the role were reverse. And I’m not even asking this for me since I will likely finish most of the suit before any such thing could be implemented. I just know that end game gear is an end game content many like to go after. Anet should know that too.

Ideally yes we’d get multiple sets but what about the ppl that just got into raiding just for the armor? What you gonna tell them? “Hey you remember the legendary armor? Yeah the one we told you about being raid exclusive. Yeah we were joking.” Some ppl didnt enjoy raids but still did them to get the li. You cant make open world hard and the raid armor was sold as the reward for hard content. I was argueing with someone about it and was sayin that they can make it a time commitement for diff modes, but i also argued for the to be diff skins so the prestige raiders have will remain. But with only one set, its like lying in their faces for years. Its also funny someone would be playing gw2 to get the best gear.

legendary armor

Astralporing.1957

Ideally yes we’d get multiple sets but what about the ppl that just got into raiding just for the armor? What you gonna tell them?

The same that we’d tell every other player when something in this game changes to make accessibility easier (or harder). Things change. Raids are not unique in that regard.

(just remember the PvP legendary backpack, that’s now much easier to get – changes like this do happen)

Some ppl didnt enjoy raids but still did them to get the li.

That is something that should never have happened. Something like that is bad for the game, period.

Actions, not words.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

Ideally yes we’d get multiple sets but what about the ppl that just got into raiding just for the armor? What you gonna tell them?

The same that we’d tell every other player when something in this game changes to make accessibility easier (or harder). Things change. Raids are not unique in that regard.

(just remember the PvP legendary backpack, that’s now much easier to get – changes like this do happen)

That is something that should never have happened. Something like that is bad for the game, period.

It still desnt change that someonething was made with a specific purpose. It was marketed that way and in 4 days it will most likely come as such. If the feedback egainst it was so strong we’d see months ago changes or even before the game released. Ppl already blame the devs for many broken promises they dont need more of them.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Ideally yes we’d get multiple sets but what about the ppl that just got into raiding just for the armor? What you gonna tell them? “Hey you remember the legendary armor? Yeah the one we told you about being raid exclusive. Yeah we were joking.”

I did say my solution was a compromise and that I totally understand raiders not liking it.

Still, I think more good than bad would come out of this because there are likely more legendary hunters than true raiders in this game.

Some ppl didnt enjoy raids but still did them to get the li. You cant make open world hard and the raid armor was sold as the reward for hard content. I was argueing with someone about it and was sayin that they can make it a time commitement for diff modes, but i also argued for the to be diff skins so the prestige raiders have will remain. But with only one set, its like lying in their faces for years. Its also funny someone would be playing gw2 to get the best gear.

Like I already said, I’m among those that still drag himself getting LI despite not enjoying the content. I’m only missing the last collection item on the last collection to get the precursor and have all the mats for all 6 pieces (including the annoying provisioner tokens) of armor and enough LI for 2. It is a mater of time for me. Not great time, but I’ll do it. And I won’t feel insulted one bit to see newer players having access to a thing I’ve suffered to get since in my book it should never have been done like this to begin with.

legendary armor

Vinceman.4572

2 sets means 300 LI. If there’s no addiction but pain to get those and still going for it we can honestly speak about someone behaving very unhealthy. Seriously, from the standpoint of professionalism this approach is pathological.
Holy crap, this is a game.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

2 sets means 300 LI. If there’s no addiction but pain in the xxx to get those and still going for it we can honestly speak about someone behaving very unhealthy, more so, it’s abnormal/pathological.
Holy crap, this is a game.

Some people have lost their mind, imho.

I’m not planing on doing more than 1, believe me.

legendary armor

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Vincermann – it depends on how you raid. If you got good static squad then two nights might be all you need for weekly 13 li. And i don’t meant whole nights, just 2-3h.

legendary armor

Vinceman.4572

Vincermann – it depends on how you raid. If you got good static squad then two nights might be all you need for weekly 13 li. And i don’t meant whole nights, just 2-3h.

Dude, look at his posting history and then you know what I mean. You don’t join a static group, go through all wings in 2-3h and collect 300 LI till today if you hate/don’t like raiding.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Dude, look at his posting history and then you know what I mean. You don’t join a static group, go through all wings in 2-3h and collect 300 LI till today if you hate/don’t like raiding.

Are you talking about me? Because I never said I was going for 2 sets of armor. I said I had enough LI for 2 pieces out of the 6 and will definitely not go for more than 1 suit.

legendary armor

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Prize Novel = Skill.
Ferrari = Exclusivity.
Prize Novel =/= Ferrari

Ferrari’s aren’t exclusive though, they are expensive and therefore hard to get, but there is no exclusive rule that prevents certain people from acquiring them. It’s available to all people with the commitment to acquire the funds.

Raids are the same way, there is no barrier that locks players out, the only barrier is the excuses players make for why they can’t raid.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

legendary armor

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I think a change to the accessibility is unlikely for several reasons. First, the armor was supposed to be a driving force for people to play raids, similar to how the legendary backpacks are an incentive to play PvP or fractals, respectively. Changing the accessibility would defeat its purpose.

Second, I don’t want to imagine the backlash from the raiding community. It’s going to be bad. I can’t really see any way this could end up well for the playerbase.

The best you can hope for is a different set, likely tied to something else. WvW seems to be the logical choice, unless ANet want to leave this mode to die. Which would be a pity. Whether or not they are going to do a second set is a different story, of course. I’m 50:50 on the prospect. It took way too much time to produce the first set. But perhaps they have the process and can do another one easier? Only time will tell.

legendary armor

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The PvP legendary backpack was still unique only to PvP as well as looking very nice and had a glider skin with it. It’s exclusivity to PvP was never changed and it’s acquisition difficulty didn’t change THAT much for the average player, quite a lot were able to make it after the 2nd season if I remember correctly.

I won’t deny it’s been made easier for the lower end of players as they no longer have to cross 4 divisions in a season but you still have to do a metric ton of PvP to get the legendary and win a certain number of games for the tapestries as well as play in at least 2 season.

legendary armor

Astralporing.1957

I won’t deny it’s been made easier for the lower end of players as they no longer have to cross 4 divisions in a season but you still have to do a metric ton of PvP to get the legendary and win a certain number of games for the tapestries as well as play in at least 2 season.

Well, if legendary armor was like the pvp backpack is now, then you would be able to get it just by running escort a lot.
If it was like that, i wouldn’t mind it too much.

Prize Novel = Skill.
Ferrari = Exclusivity.
Prize Novel =/= Ferrari

Ferrari’s aren’t exclusive though, they are expensive and therefore hard to get, but there is no exclusive rule that prevents certain people from acquiring them. It’s available to all people with the commitment to acquire the funds.

Exactly. There’s no rule that tells you that you need to get the funds only in certain way. In that way, they are very much like 1st gen legendary weapons, but completely unlike legendary armor.

They are still not a badge of skill. Merely of wealth. Which, i don’t think i need to remind you, you sometimes didn’t even need to work for (as it could have been inherited. Or won in lottery).

Actions, not words.

legendary armor

apharma.3741

Well, if legendary armor was like the pvp backpack is now, then you would be able to get it just by running escort a lot.
If it was like that, i wouldn’t mind it too much.

But…you sort of can and then buy the achievements you can’t con a kill out of. All the crystalline heart related ones are pretty easy, the hardest is probably the first boss but thankfully it’s the first one. The Envoy armour 1 achievements are also mostly kill the bosses with gorseval being the exception, especially as the coagulated ectoplasm can be looted without killing anything.

PvP backpack you can spam a lot of games but you still have to win a certain number of games with at least 3 classes and a few other achievements that I would say are akin to the faffing around on raids.

Edit: Who wants to bet they forgot about infusion slots on the legendary armour?

(edited by apharma.3741)

legendary armor

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Edit: Who wants to bet they forgot about infusion slots on the legendary armour?

They specifcally said that if you apply an upgrade to Legendary armor, infusion or rune, it would place the one that was currently socketed, into your inventory.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-armor-is-coming-soon/

Here is the relevant quote from that article:
“When you apply an upgrade (rune or infusion) to a piece of legendary armor and there is already an upgrade in the slot you have selected, the existing upgrade will be moved to your inventory and the new upgrade will replace it. Simple as that.”

4th paragraph from the end.

legendary armor

Posted by: venus.4509

venus.4509

Im sad the way the light Legendary armor turned out, it seems like the only one that doesn’t really do much of a transformation compared to the others but I guess thats not surprising.

legendary armor

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

People were saying that I shouldn’t care about not being able to get the armor until I’d seen it, and I’m shocked to discover that having seen it, my position is exactly the same as I’d assumed it would be, namely that I definitely wouldn’t want to wear an entire set, because most of them have some serious ugly bits, but I also definitely do want at least some of the pieces for some of my characters, and wish that there were a way to earn them for people who don’t want to raid.

I think the Heavy armor is mostly great, the helmet is a bit much in combat mode, I wish you could keep it in non-combat mode all the time, but the rest is slick. If I had it I’d put most of it on my characters, but maybe swap out the helmet.

The Medium armor is trash. I main a thief, but would never wear any of the Medium armor. It’s WAY too covered with bones and teeth and other knobby bits. I actually like the growing trenchcoat element to it, I just wish that the coat were more tastefully designed, just smooth fabric rather than “pineapple-mail,” and probably instead of vanishing completely it should be a short coat in non-combat mode that lengthens to the ankles in full combat. Also I like how the gloves retract, but they should probably stop right before the last step, where all the bones collapse to the elbows, have them stay there, rather than just vanish.

The Light armor is a real mixed bag. I hate the skirt, with the weird tail-axe on all races. They really need to have tail armor that ONLY appears on the races with tails. They rebuild each armor for each race, and the tail armor on these vanishes when out of combat anyway, so it shouldn’t be impossible to have the Char version be slightly different. The giant claws pointing inward on the skirt are also nasty in both versions. The boots are also too chunky, and I’m not a fan of the ninja mask. So if I had this one, I would probably only wear the gloves and shoulders, which I think are pretty cool. Maybe also the chest. They should have gone with skirts and boots more similar to Kaz’s new look, and had “shards” just sort of hanging off to the sides of it, rather than stabbing at their knees.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

legendary armor

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Prize Novel = Skill.
Ferrari = Exclusivity.
Prize Novel =/= Ferrari

Raids are the same way, there is no barrier that locks players out, the only barrier is the excuses players make for why they can’t raid.

You make a good argument in the first paragraph, then derail it in the second. Raids do lock out players who don’t want to raid. Ferraris don’t require that you make your money as a doctor or a lawyer, although these are two methods that may be easier to acquire the money to afford a Ferrari. You can earn a Ferrari doing ANY method that you like, so long as eventually you accumulate enough money.

Similarly, there should be methods to earn Legendarys through methods other than raiding for players who don’t want to raid. They will still have to work for it, and likely take more time and effort than players who raid would need, but the method should still exist. They should implement such a method ASAP, with time served.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

legendary armor

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

How do you guys find the sets? Tbh im surpise the charr hasnt been impaled by the spikes on the armor. Im actually surprised on how decent to good light armor looks. As for the medioum… its a trenchcoat so i didnt have high hopes from the get go.

after crafting the light armor set and equipping it on my sylvari female mesmer, i gotta say I really dislike it. It’s supposed to be cloth but it looks like metal. And it looks like it’s made just for humans. The whole thing just screams divinity’s reach to me. It’s very bulky and doesn’t flow like a garment as you would expect from crafted light armor. I’m very disappointed. They should have made cultural sets. they had more than enough time to craft a cultural set for each race. Sylvari should have had flowers that bloom and wither when in out and out of combat. Sad day for me, i was really looking forward to this.?

TLDR: Light armor looks more like heavy armor than light because the pieces are stiff metal with a bulky chestplate. Not flowing garments as one would expect of light armor. I’m disappointed.

legendary armor

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

The worst of all is hovering back items on light. I would rather have items clipping on this bulky skirt than hovering back items…

(legendary vestments vs precursor vestments)

Attachments:

legendary armor

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

The worst of all is hovering back items on light. I would rather have items clipping on this bulky skirt than hovering back items…

yeh
It definitly looks better when close to the body

I know Anet probably wanted to make 100% sure there are no clipping complaints but this is actually worse than any possible clipping from shields/backpieces

so please Anet reconsider the distance of shields/backpieces on the legendary armor

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

legendary armor

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

The funny part is, heavy doesn’t have floating back items/weapons but medium and light do. You can really tell Heavy was the best put together set of the bunch (though troll trench coat is win IMO).

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

Huh. I keep my back hidden at all times so I haven’t noticed that. Perhaps I’ll try enabling my Ad Infinitum then. It might look better if it doesn’t clip with my staff all the time.

legendary armor

apharma.3741

Yeah, maybe if they removed the completely unnecessary and frankly silly head impaler from the back of the armour then it would sit better. Staves sit on the back and don’t clip with the horn on the back as they go to one side but shields and other back items probably do. It’s not a skirt issue I don’t think.

I really wish ANet would rethink the placement of some of these spoken bits on armour, you don’t want spikes where if you sneeze or put your head back you impale yourself.

legendary armor

FJSAMA.2867

I dont know if is the back neck spike that makes this.. On precursor there is something there (a pre-horn or w/e) and it doesnt happen.

Im almost sure this was made on vestments to prevent weapons / backs to clip into the bulky skirt/butt cape. If you notice even weapons sit differently, on different angles just because of it…(see attachments) So ye… the “kitten” skirt is messing up all of this.
If they choose bulky desing with the skirt, i rather have clipping than kinetic hovering objects.. (and it is also the case that skins can be used solo… so messing vests cause leggings…. sigh)

About the gloves, on humans it doenst happen like asura. The edge of the spikes clip a little bit into the shield on hand. BUT thats FINE…
The design they choose for the skins rly messed them up… They wanted something big and with volume and they had to fix ton of interactions and clips. I rather had some simple but “premium feeling” skins for legendary than bulky and spiky like dinosaurs… Oh well but thats water under the bridge so now only left to say:
Better clipping than hovering.. After all cloths are meant to take shape with heavy objects on top, and not be rock solid.

Attachments:

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

If they choose bulky desing with the skirt, i rather have clipping than kinetic hovering objects.. (and it is also the case that skins can be used solo… so messing vests cause leggings…. sigh)

Frankly, I don’t understand why someone would pick such a bulky design in the first place. I can’t wrap my head around the idea someone, anyone, can find this attractive. It just looks silly. There are a lot of elegant skirts in this game. Did they choose an ugly design on purpose or what?

legendary armor

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Does the legendary Armor have higher stats than Ascended? Just curious if its actually “better” or just cooler. Am thinking back to WOW gear and how Heroic and Mystic was actually a stat increase thus a great reason to want to get it to drop for you.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Does the legendary Armor have higher stats than Ascended? Just curious if its actually “better” or just cooler. Am thinking back to WOW gear and how Heroic and Mystic was actually a stat increase thus a great reason to want to get it to drop for you.

They are identical in stats to Ascended.

The difference can be summed in two points:

1) Esthetic.
2) The ability to change the stats of the armor at will.

Personally, I’m attracted to the functionality a lot more than the esthetic (Pretty usefull for WvW). Specially after having seen the light and medium armor. It looks like they have spent more time on the heavy armor than the two others.

I now have 2 pieces, 4 to go… but I’m not sure I won’t change the skin of the butt cape since I find that piece particularly horrible.

legendary armor

FJSAMA.2867

Ye my main reason was stat/rune swap. But i always had some hope i could use few singular pieces for mix and match with other skins.
But theres a problem. For example you want to use vestments but you dont like the butt cape. All fine until you realise the use gap between stowed 2-handed weapons/backpacks/shields and your back is there on your vests and the reason is the buttcape.
The pieces kinda mess up with eachother…

legendary armor

Crinn.7864

You make a good argument in the first paragraph, then derail it in the second. Raids do lock out players who don’t want to raid.

“don’t want to” isn’t a lock out. It’s a purely voluntary choice. Any player who wants the legendary armor in this game has the power to attain it.

Can’t and won’t are not synonyms.

YouTube

legendary armor

Astralporing.1957

You make a good argument in the first paragraph, then derail it in the second. Raids do lock out players who don’t want to raid.

“don’t want to” isn’t a lock out. It’s a purely voluntary choice. Any player who wants the legendary armor in this game has the power to attain it.

If it’s really just a matter of choice, then there’s no reason to lock it to a single, narrow gamemode at all. After all, if what you say is true, that armor signifies only a choice, nothing more.

Actions, not words.

legendary armor

Crinn.7864

If it’s really just a matter of choice, then there’s no reason to lock it to a single, narrow gamemode at all. After all, if what you say is true, that armor signifies only a choice, nothing more.

No
If the player voluntarily chooses to never leave their safe zone then they should accept the limitations that they self imposed on themselves.

Leaving comfort zones and trying out new game modes is something that should be incentivized whenever possible.

YouTube

legendary armor

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

No
If the player voluntarily chooses to never leave their safe zone then they should accept the limitations that they self imposed on themselves.

Leaving comfort zones and trying out new game modes is something that should be incentivized whenever possible.

Amen to that. I PvP’d in season 5 in order to unlock the armor (always wanted that skin, even if this one was purple instead of blue). Now I could have complained saying I was locked out of PvP because I refused to play it. But that is a won’t not a can’t.