legendary armor

legendary armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I don’t know, man. I don’t dare criticize business decisions made by people with this kind of revenue.

legendary armor

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

You can get the material from any part of the game. It doesn’t ask you to play content you do not care much for. LI on the other hand…

Yeah except that’s not really true. Yes you can get gold and buy materials via any part of the game. But we can’t just ignore how much faster the gold per hour is from certain parts. Its not really the case that you have freedom in how to earn this.

legendary armor

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You can get the material from any part of the game. It doesn’t ask you to play content you do not care much for. LI on the other hand…

Yeah except that’s not really true. Yes you can get gold and buy materials via any part of the game. But we can’t just ignore how much faster the gold per hour is from certain parts. Its not really the case that you have freedom in how to earn this.

How is it not true? I get mats from PvP, Fractals and WvW by playing normally. I’m not even talking about buying anything at all.

legendary armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah except that’s not really true. Yes you can get gold and buy materials via any part of the game. But we can’t just ignore how much faster the gold per hour is from certain parts.

Actually, yes, we can ignore it if we want. Because game is giving us a choice.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

legendary armor

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It also gives you a choice to do raids, which you have made the choice not to do so.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

legendary armor

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It also gives you a choice to do raids, which you have made the choice not to do so.

To be fair, ANet specifically stated that they intended for most players to not raid.

One could argue that choosing to play the game as intended should not be justification for being excluded from a tier of armor with associated functionality.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

One could argue that choosing to play the game as intended should not be justification for being excluded from a tier of armor with associated functionality.

Now that’s just hilarious. Not playing some part of the game is intended? Please explain to me why they created this content then? It’s neither easy nor cheap.

legendary armor

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Now that’s just hilarious. Not playing some part of the game is intended? Please explain to me why they created this content then? It’s neither easy nor cheap.

Like in many games a small but vocal group asked for difficult, instanced raiding as a feature and ANet decided to implement it. Raiders don’t make up the majority in most games and the certainly don’t in GW2. Still, those who do raid tend to also be very invested and are the kinds of players who make in-depth content guides and help keep Wikis and such up to date.

I’ve never seen anything that said Anet expected the majority of players to interact with raiding anymore so than they expect a majority to be involved in Fractals. Both, however, keep enough players involved that those sort of anchors are worthwhile.

I’ll never agree that having items locked behind a single kind of content with a game that touts a “play your way” mantra is the right way to go. I’m really not a fan of it. I’ve done Nightmare content in SWTOR and used to do Fractals here, but I’m realistic about the fact that end game raiding is not the fuel that keeps most players going and likely never will be outside of niche games with tiny communities.

legendary armor

thrag.9740

How is it not true? I get mats from PvP, Fractals and WvW by playing normally. I’m not even talking about buying anything at all.

If you really feel that all game modes are balanced and that you truly have choice, then just grind out the gold to buy 150 LI worth of raid kills. I’m sure a raid guild would give you a deal if you tell them you want to buy a full clear every week for 12 weeks.

You can totally avoid raids. In fact this is traditional and this type of open market has roots all the way back to gw1.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If you really feel that all game modes are balanced and that you truly have choice, then just grind out the gold to buy 150 LI worth of raid kills. I’m sure a raid guild would give you a deal if you tell them you want to buy a full clear every week for 12 weeks.

You can totally avoid raids. In fact this is traditional and this type of open market has roots all the way back to gw1.

Whoa,whoa,whoa, how did the discussion slide to balance between all game mode? We were addressing the fact all game modes could provide T6 mats vs Raid being the only source of LI. The fact is, all game mode can let you acquire T6 mats when you play them (no need to use the TP), while the same can’t be said of LI.

legendary armor

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

We were addressing the fact all game modes could provide T6 mats vs Raid being the only source of LI.

You were adressing something totally unrelated since a lot of pages in this thread. The initial post is : What do you think about the look of the legendary?

Stop derailing the thread pls or make your own thread if you’re unsatisfied with the accessibility of LI. I’m personally tired of these players complaining with no real arguments and dumb reaction because they can’t have something due to the word “raid” that is apparently toxic and undesirable for them, for some reasons.

Please, stop, or at least do it with constructive behavior, not just “complains because I’m frustrated and hate the raids”.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

legendary armor

thrag.9740

So what? You have the choice, you can earn gold however you want and buy kills, or you can raid. What is wrong with that choice?

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

We were addressing the fact all game modes could provide T6 mats vs Raid being the only source of LI.

You were adressing something totally unrelated since a lot of pages in this thread. The initial post is : What do you think about the look of the legendary?

Stop derailing the thread pls or make your own thread if you’re unsatisfied with the accessibility of LI. I’m personally tired of these players complaining with no real arguments and dumb reaction because they can’t have something due to the word “raid” that is apparently toxic and undesirable for them, for some reasons.

Please, stop, or at least do it with constructive behavior, not just “complains because I’m frustrated and hate the raids”.

I was answering people who replied to me, just like I do here. If you are tired of seeing discussion being derailed, or just tired of a thread, just don’t reply and complain about people complaining. You contribute to the problem and, more importantly, that too is a choice you have. As for myself, I’ll do what I want, thank you very much.

legendary armor

Ashen.2907

Now that’s just hilarious.

I tend to agree.

Not playing some part of the game is intended?

According to the devs, yes. They designed the content with the intention that most players would not play it.

Please explain to me why they created this content then? It’s neither easy nor cheap.

Do you really need the requested explanation?

Well, OK then…

Because the developers believed that the content would entertain, and retain, some fraction of the player base.

In other words, pretty much the same reason that they create any other content. The difference is that, although they know that no piece of content will please every player, they went into this content with the intention that this content please only a small portion of the player base.

Personally I supported then (during the CDI) and now the idea of raids. I am particularly supportive of the taken approach to their development.

My only concern is the apparent intention to not provide legendary armor for other game modes. I fully supported the idea that the new hot content type get the new hot armor tier first. I am less pleased by the idea that only raiders will have access to that armor tier.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

Like in many games a small but vocal group asked for difficult, instanced raiding as a feature and ANet decided to implement it. Raiders don’t make up the majority in most games and the certainly don’t in GW2. Still, those who do raid tend to also be very invested and are the kinds of players who make in-depth content guides and help keep Wikis and such up to date.

I’ve never seen anything that said Anet expected the majority of players to interact with raiding anymore so than they expect a majority to be involved in Fractals. Both, however, keep enough players involved that those sort of anchors are worthwhile.

I’ll never agree that having items locked behind a single kind of content with a game that touts a “play your way” mantra is the right way to go. I’m really not a fan of it. I’ve done Nightmare content in SWTOR and used to do Fractals here, but I’m realistic about the fact that end game raiding is not the fuel that keeps most players going and likely never will be outside of niche games with tiny communities.

So how is acquiring Ad Infinitum any different? It is still locked behind endgame content. You need to play a lot of fractals, including T4 ones. Let’s be realistic – the people who are invested that much in fractals aren’t orders of magnitude more than the active raiders. If anything, both groups overlap heavily. Raising these concerns seems quite late, at the very least. Not only locking the armor behind raids was announced like 2 years ago, but the game actually did that same thing you’re concerned about on multiple occasions earlier. So could it be that you’re not that concerned about the principle, but about your own involvement with it?

legendary armor

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

So how is acquiring Ad Infinitum any different? It is still locked behind endgame content. You need to play a lot of fractals, including T4 ones. Let’s be realistic – the people who are invested that much in fractals aren’t orders of magnitude more than the active raiders. If anything, both groups overlap heavily. Raising these concerns seems quite late, at the very least. Not only locking the armor behind raids was announced like 2 years ago, but the game actually did that same thing you’re concerned about on multiple occasions earlier. So could it be that you’re not that concerned about the principle, but about your own involvement with it?

People are okay with the armor lock being announced 2 years ago (well, maybe Ohoni isn’t). People are not okay with the recent announcement that this armor will be only legendary armor in game.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

legendary armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So how is acquiring Ad Infinitum any different?

In that the hardest requirement for it is still easier than almost all raid ones.

It is still locked behind endgame content. You need to play a lot of fractals, including T4 ones.

True. I guess that’s a bit unfortunate, and i’m pretty sure i did complain about it at some point. Still, the amount of grind and effort required does not compare to raids.

Let’s be realistic – the people who are invested that much in fractals aren’t orders of magnitude more than the active raiders. If anything, both groups overlap heavily.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Any dedicated raider should be able to do t4 fractals easily, without putting too much effort into it, but the opposite is definitely not true.

Raising these concerns seems quite late, at the very least.

I keep raising them since legendary armor got announced. Up to recently, raiders were replying that i shouldn’t worry, because surely there will be another set acquirable outsode raids, so i should just shut up and wait patiently.

Apparently other people believed in that, and that’s why they were silent until recently. Unfortunately for them, putting faith in Anet turned out to be completely unwarranted, so i’m not surprised they’re angry now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

legendary armor

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Can we have open world leg armor plis? LUL

legendary armor

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i cant find 5 more friends

legendary armor

Posted by: CrustyBot.3564

CrustyBot.3564

Contact a raid selling guild to hook people up with LI requirements. If a Legendary weapon is 3k on the trading post, offer 6k for a full Armor set. That’s 40g per kill. Everyone wins, you don’t need to handle the logistics or failure involved with raids and Yummy finally gets enough gold or ecto stacks to buy Arenanet by threatening to crash the economy, ez.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

the armor set costs 2.4 k to make…. just join a guild that does training run when you find the nececary time and go from there.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

So how is acquiring Ad Infinitum any different?

In that the hardest requirement for it is still easier than almost all raid ones.

Irrelevant. See below.

It is still locked behind endgame content. You need to play a lot of fractals, including T4 ones.

True. I guess that’s a bit unfortunate, and i’m pretty sure i did complain about it at some point. Still, the amount of grind and effort required does not compare to raids.

1 item vs 6. One would think the amount of effort to gain 6 times as many items would be higher.

Let’s be realistic – the people who are invested that much in fractals aren’t orders of magnitude more than the active raiders. If anything, both groups overlap heavily.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Any dedicated raider should be able to do t4 fractals easily, without putting too much effort into it, but the opposite is definitely not true.

I can agree on this. A lot of T4 players just get carried. But I’m not sure they are persistent enough to aim for Ad Infinitum. In any case, I was speaking mostly about the serious FotM players. Of course, not all of them raid. But I’m certain they could, if they tried.

Raising these concerns seems quite late, at the very least.

I keep raising them since legendary armor got announced. Up to recently, raiders were replying that i shouldn’t worry, because surely there will be another set acquirable outsode raids, so i should just shut up and wait patiently.

Apparently other people believed in that, and that’s why they were silent until recently. Unfortunately for them, putting faith in Anet turned out to be completely unwarranted, so i’m not surprised they’re angry now.

Fair enough, but anger doesn’t give credibility to a particular weak argument. Asking for more sets to be added, locked behind different content, I can agree with and support. Saying there shouldn’t be items locked behind content, in a game literally full of such items, I can’t.

legendary armor

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I can agree on this. A lot of T4 players just get carried. But I’m not sure they are persistent enough to aim for Ad Infinitum. In any case, I was speaking mostly about the serious FotM players. Of course, not all of them raid. But I’m certain they could, if they tried.

100% true!

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

100% true!

What was this guy’s point? On what subject? To lazy to find the starting point of the discussion xD

legendary armor

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

100% true!

What was this guy’s point? On what subject? To lazy to find the starting point of the discussion xD

Don’t understand your difficulties. Everything is easy to follow.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

legendary armor

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

This but unironically.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

100% true!

Don’t understand your difficulties. Everything is easy to follow.

not when i havent take a look in the whole thread

legendary armor

Ashen.2907

I was speaking mostly about the serious FotM players. Of course, not all of them raid. But I’m certain they could, if they tried.

100% true!

Seems pretty solid that he was speaking mostly about serious Fractals of the Mists players. He seems to think that, of course, not all of them raid, but that they could if they tried.

legendary armor

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i was one of the people who told others not to complain earlier because i was positive they would make legendary armor for at least 1 other area in the game making it worthwhile. since the devs decided not to do that for whatever stupid reason, id like to apologize to people who dont raid.

im bad at sarcasm