legendary armor in developement hell.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

From the AMA, it is clear legendary armor is not even close to being done, and is going to require another RAID just to complete the second collection.
This sounds like Ad Infinitum all over again. Should I just count on getting pvp or wvw legendary armor prior to getting raid legendary armor at this rate?

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

If you are referring to the quote from MO:

“Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it’s like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That’s for a normal armor set — legendary is much longer.) It’s not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs.”

Where he doesn’t even directly say anything about how far the Envoy Legendary Armor has come, I believe you have nothing to back up your claim.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

I think this is what he was referring to: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s44zn?context=10000

“‘Will the remainder of collection 2 of the legendary armor be dependent on current or furture raids or no raids at all?’
Anet: The envoy armor collections are tied to the raids, and the remaining collection items should be coming with future raid releases.”

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

more raids!

excellent!

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

There’s another post from a dev stating that the armour is in final stages of development.
It may be a bit longer than their 3.5 month release, but the next raid shouldn’t be too far off.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

“Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it’s like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop.

30 sets? LOL. They make two sets — for human males and females, then:

• Scale up for norns.
  • Stretch and deform the textures for Charr.
  • Shrink the male set for both male and female Asurans.
  • Cut and paste for Sylvari.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Daym! Could it be that they are actually making it cultural-like?

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

Honestly it baffles me how long this is taking.

By the time this finishes, we’ll have enough insights to get all 3 sets

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

next year with expac.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

And people were complaining about not getting enough insights… :^)

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Raid have been out for 8 months, and the grand carrot on a stick is still not done, and is looking like it will take another 6 months to complete. How many outfit have been put in the gemstore in that time.
Honestly this has to be the worse reward structure I’ve ever seen in a raiding MMO. I have never had to wait multiple raids to complete 1 set of armor.
I also feel like I am playing a game that is moving the goal post every update. Prior to SotF, I thought I only needed to finish w3 and I could start crafting it, there was only one collection. Then after SotF hit, we all found out there was collection 2 which required open world parts, so I assumed the second half would just require LS parts. Now not only did I need to finish FT and do some open world events, but now I have to wait for another raid with no release date to complete the collection I’m “halfway” done with. I am afraid the Gift of the Pact (the only material with no recipe listed for upgraded refined armor) may end up requiring me to finish a third raid even fewer in the future.
Meanwhile my # of LI (180 at the time of this post) keep getting higher and higher.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Raid have been out for 8 months, and the grand carrot on a stick is still not done, and is looking like it will take another 6 months to complete. How many outfit have been put in the gemstore in that time.

Most raiders don’t give two kittens about the carrot on the stick.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Most raiders don’t give two kittens about the carrot on the stick.

Oh were are all those raiders when people want to have a way to earn said legendary armor outside of raids…

All we hear is no it have to be in raids or noone will do them.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I feel like they must have misspoke. They can’t honestly expect people to wait for an entire extra raid to get legendary armor?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Honestly it baffles me how long this is taking.

By the time this finishes, we’ll have enough insights to get all 3 sets

Because that’s how anet does it and it needs to change. They produce smaller amounts of content comparatively and spread it out as long as possible. Player enjoyment and retention suffers because anet manages themselves this way and carries this type of release schedule.

Player angst is also increased due to lack of communication and vision sharing by anet. They have done better as of recent times, but players are mostly in limbo.

Unfortunately, I see this taking another year long grind process.

Edit- I do commend Anet for their creativity with extending the life of the content they produce, but it’s obvious they stuggle in many areas and are a company that seem to have to make too many sacrifices in too many areas to produce what they have.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I feel like this is unacceptable. Something must go horribly wrong with Anets release politics. Maybe Anet should hire 100 new artists and devs if they really working as hard as possible already.
The current update politics definitely do not do an AAA MMO any justice.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.