legendary powersuit in FOTM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: streamdevil.3867

streamdevil.3867

this is really stupid!!! no matter how much we kite, and pour oil.. the damage is soo low to destory.. ANET.. do something like reduce the health of this.. its veryyyyyyyyy Ridiculous!!!!

[INVC] streamdevil, TC

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

I have never had any problem with killing it, the key to kill it is to keep it super heated all the time or he will regenerate, when you pull him between the lava spots use ranged weapons so you can damage it on the way also.

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80

Posted by: OrinX.1962

OrinX.1962

Boss is fine. You’ll laugh at this post someday.

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

the key to kill it is to keep it super heated all the time or he will regenerate

No, the key is to keep it from regenerating. Keeping it superheated all the time is the easiest way to do this, but several professions can literally do it on their own with interrupts, an entire group should have no problem doing it with interrupts. Your priorities should be surviving → stopping regeneration → superheating → damage, and I’ve seen quite a few groups drag it out by mixing up the second and third, foregoing a guaranteed interrupt in an attempt to superheat.

Given enough time, he’s probably soloable.

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Keep him superheated at all times. Win.

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

I much prefer fighting the dredge suit over the ice elemental. Especially in higher difficulties. Those extra ice eles cause all kinds of problems whereas the dredge suit has only a couple of very easy to dodge moves. And you can reflect his bombs back at him for huge damage.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I much prefer fighting the dredge suit over the ice elemental. Especially in higher difficulties. Those extra ice eles cause all kinds of problems whereas the dredge suit has only a couple of very easy to dodge moves. And you can reflect his bombs back at him for huge damage.

And if he’s overheated while you do it…

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

Well, he should be overheated 100% of the time… so… yea…

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Well, I used to farm for relics, so I’m used to incompetent groups where I have to lever, immobilize and somewhat lead to the next area. Quite… interesting… outcomes.

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

That feel when you’re dealing with powersuit and land that clinch reflect shield on him while he’s superheated and watch all six explode for tens of thousands of damage all at once ____

The feel of rust on my…salad fingers…

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

L2P. that is all.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As a Warrior, I use the Rifle and Axe/Warhorn. The Warhorn cripples, speed buffs, and adds vulnerability. The Rifle cripples and hit’s hard. So, I just keep swapping weapons crippling, clockwise back peddling between positions, as another pulls the lever to superheat, we all hit hard, and then evade bombs.
Rinse and repeat.

I find this and the elemental equally pleasant and easy. I’m not even close to a power build and volley shot’s cumulative damage count is around 60k.

For all the leet’s about to say, “That’s it???” Yeah, I’m built for support not power

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.