lol come on people....

lol come on people....

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I just got rejected from a Raid groups party comp because my FULLY ascended Viper Reaper wasn’t good enough… They only run Berserker War condis as that os what Dulfy uses… lol wow… just wow…

lol come on people....

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

What? You expected your average player who gets their hard content strategies from dulfy’s site to actually know the rime or reason behind half of the things posted there?
She put in the disclaimers but it’s no different than anyone else blindly following a guide.

lol come on people....

Solomon Darkfury.3729

What? You expected your average player who gets their hard content strategies from dulfy’s site to actually know the rime or reason behind half of the things posted there?
She put in the disclaimers but it’s no different than anyone else blindly following a guide.

Rest assured I am in NO WAY blaming Dulfy. She’s awesome and we chat all the time. This was actually to join a RAIDING guild that was being advertised on LFG. Obviously these people were serious about raiding because that had a ton of very serious questions and were talking to multiple people at once. When it came to me they asked if I had any other classes. I said yes I have Keeper’s Druid, Zerk Rev, erk DH all ascended but I main my Reaper or would like to for Raids. Then they dropped the whole “We prefer burnzerkers” thing…

lol come on people....

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

is condi reaper any good?

lol come on people....

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

Condi reaper is better then condi berserker at small hitboxes, and slightly worse than a perfect engineer, which you cant find anyways. Condi Reaper got buffed very much, seems like people need a Dnt guide to see whats strong and whats not and kick out everything that Dnt is not running

lol come on people....

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I would kick viper reapper too. Dire reapper is much better.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

lol come on people....

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Same here. My main is necro and I prefer to play it over other profs. But there are so many buffoons out there, its sad. Quote from a guild mate (who think hes some kind of pro": “I would take only condition engineer in my raid group…”
And ton of the sort. When he said that I only smiled.
My point, do not get disappointed, you will find a group of people, if you look hard enough.

lol come on people....

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Its ridiculous to see how many people act like IF devs didn’t do their work on balancing classes. I dont think there is actually a needed and a useless class for raids. Just good players , good gear and a bit of strategy. Comp may be a thing but not as hard as they claim

lol come on people....

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Condi Reapers are especially good at Gorseval. They have good dps, bring a lot of chill and Epidemic is epic against the wall and spirits.

People in pugs are so bad. Until they read something on a website, it’s garbage. Worst things is they usually don’t even try to find out what is good, so they miss so much good tactics.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

lol come on people....

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Well if anyone in a raid focused guild needs a viper reaper…

lol come on people....

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Condi reaper is better then condi berserker at small hitboxes, and slightly worse than a perfect engineer, which you cant find anyways. Condi Reaper got buffed very much, seems like people need a Dnt guide to see whats strong and whats not and kick out everything that Dnt is not running

neat. glad to hear it, I always thought necro should have been a good condi class. What conditions does reaper have to do damage with? Bleeds from scepter? Dhuumfire for burn? Chill to do damage too?

lol come on people....

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

problem is that reapers bring nothing to the table in terms of group support so given the DPS is not as strong and they don’t offer support why chose a reaper over an engi or a warrior.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

lol come on people....

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I would kick viper reapper too. Dire reapper is much better.

Hah.

Honestly, those people are some you don’t want to raid with anyway, they’d fail, get wrecked and wouldn’t bother to change their strategy/just get mad and ragequit.

lol come on people....

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

I could find raids with a shout dps Tempest np (no meta staff), weird

lol come on people....

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

problem is that reapers bring nothing to the table in terms of group support so given the DPS is not as strong and they don’t offer support why chose a reaper over an engi or a warrior.

Because raid are a group of 10 players. Yes Warrior bring banners, but after you have two of them, the third don’t don’t bring much more than dps.

The engie bring blast for water field, but the vast majority of group in raid don’t use them because they need some coordination unless you blast your own Healing Turrets, Mortar Water fields. Stealth is useless in raids and might is almost never a problem, meaning that the support from an engie is pretty much some cc and some healing. The reaper too can bring CC, so the difference between the support of a Warrior, Reaper and Engineer isn’t that much (Unless you don’t have at least one PS Warrior or 2 of them for Gorseval and Sabetha).

And reaper bring A LOT for Gorseval with chill and epidemic.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

lol come on people....

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Reapers can give a TON of protection. ..

lol come on people....

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I was raiding last night too. One guy actually kicked his friend from our group because he “only” had a reaper with ascended gear. Don’t worry about raids for now, it’s kind of like the “5 warriors and nothing else” meta from a while ago. I’ve seen a lot of reapers doing great. As long as you know how to play your class, understand the mechanics in the fight and got decent gear you should be good to go.

lol come on people....

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

This was actually to join a RAIDING guild that was being advertised on LFG.

Did stop reading.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

lol come on people....

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Because raid are a group of 10 players. Yes Warrior bring banners, but after you have two of them, the third don’t don’t bring much more than dps.

The engie bring blast for water field, but the vast majority of group in raid don’t use them because they need some coordination unless you blast your own Healing Turrets, Mortar Water fields. Stealth is useless in raids and might is almost never a problem, meaning that the support from an engie is pretty much some cc and some healing. The reaper too can bring CC, so the difference between the support of a Warrior, Reaper and Engineer isn’t that much (Unless you don’t have at least one PS Warrior or 2 of them for Gorseval and Sabetha).

I’m not aginst reapers in raids I am just pointing out that basically what a reaper can bring to the table another class can bring more. Engi and Warrior both bring more CC than a reaper too. It isn’t becasue reaper doesnt have lots of CC its that break bars are based on hard CC types like daze stuns and knockdowns. It isn’t just cc, water fields from the engi and cc, tactics and str banner, and battle standard from the warrior.

Both those classes offer much more than this in terms of group support. While in a perfect comp thats all they need to bring in un perfect comps there are a lot options engis and warriors have in utility and traits that can improve the comp with minor changes to fill a void or fix a problem. Necros have nothing like that.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

lol come on people....

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’m not aginst reapers in raids I am just pointing out that basically what a reaper can bring to the table another class can bring more. Engi and Warrior both bring more CC than a reaper too. It isn’t just cc, water fields from the engi and cc, tactics and str banner, and battle standard from the warrior.

Both those classes offer much more than this in terms of group support. While in a perfect comp thats all they need to bring in un perfect comps there are a lot options engis and warriors have in utility and traits that can improve the comp with minor changes to fill a void or fix a problem. Necros have nothing like that.

Necros do have some stuff that’s benefical to the party; vampiric presence and transfusion come to mind. They have decent amounts of CC without giving anything else up (for example, many warriors currently switch to Mace/Mace for CC, crippling their dps a lot if they have to use it) and they have a rather simple rotation which pretty much always works whereas engis are heavily reliant on targets not moving and the rotations get pretty crazy. Of course, getting rotations down is a l2p issue and Gorseval isn’t moving much/Sabetha isn’t moving at all afaik, but it really depends.
Not saying Necros are op as hell in raids, but I feel like you’re not giving them enough credit.

lol come on people....

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I have been tanking as a reaper with a mix of knight and marauder gear. That’s an issue with the people you dealt with, not the class. Yet I see what your saying because it is too easy for people to fall into the x and y class are useless trap.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!