looking for serious players to dungeon with

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Well the dungeoning I did yesterday revealed to me two things:

1. I suck at warrior (makes sense I guess, leveled by crafting and I’m not going to have things figured out immediately though I did my best to acquaint myself with warrior gameplay on youtube beforehand) though I definitely want to improve to the point that it’s as much of a faceroll as playing mesmer is.

2. Most of the people I dungeon with aren’t even that good and just want to do the easy path train of cof p1 / coe p1/2/3 / ac p1/3 / se p1/3 and that they like stacking for fights you don’t even need to stack for (3 golems in se p1). The best bit is, even though I said we didn’t need to, I basically got told to kitten, come over to the corner, we aggro’d them and then wiped, GG.

anyway

I was wondering if any EU players here would be willing to take me along to the lesser faceroll dungeons like CM, Arah since I’ve basically never done them in a proper group, just pugging which means I don’t even know all of the precise strategies and I’m just as clueless as any other pug. Preferably I’d rather it not be a guild (or at least one that requires repping since I’m already in one I rep) but … yeah. I don’t mind stacking in corners, just not when doing a fight more conventionally actually finishes it quicker, I’m sick of doing paths that just make me fall asleep and I want to better myself as a player.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you are online when I do some runs i could get you on. We usually do coe, ac and then 3man a path of arah. But in terms of dungeons we will do whatever someone wants to do on the night.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I’ll join you for half pugged runs if you feel like it. I don’t have a guild or full groups yet though and mostly do pugs.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I’ll join you for half pugged runs if you feel like it. I don’t have a guild or full groups yet though and mostly do pugs.

So you’ve been with good organized groups before, how do you not drive yourself crazy playing with pugs? I’m trying to manage it and it’s just…ugh.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Nikaido.3457

So you’ve been with good organized groups before, how do you not drive yourself crazy playing with pugs? I’m trying to manage it and it’s just…ugh.

I always pugged. Even when I was in dungeon guilds. I never left pugging completely. I think a fair amount of said organized groups dungeon runners still do their fair share of pugging.
I do miss some of the people I had in my friendlist, but the lag issues were getting old, old enough that I don’t regret my move at all.

As for being driven crazy, pick your groups correctly. Write down your expectations in your lfg. Don’t do it in the “experienced only manner” though, or you’ll get the lamest of the lame instead (writing experienced only has the opposite effect to what you would expect). Write in party chat. If people don’t communicate leave. When you are the one who joins groups, look at the way the lfg are written, pay attention to the initial chat when the instance gets started, the devil is in the details.

You won’t be driven crazy if you don’t stick around with a lame group, there is a leave button, make good use of it.

Broadicea.8294

Thanks for the tips. I try to be as discriminatory as possible, asking for zerk gear and specific classes, but, well look to the screenies I’ve posted lately to see how that usually goes. I just hate spending a half hour waiting for an acceptable pug to come together.

Nikaido.3457

Try to write your expectations with a softer tone if you’re doing it a bit aggressively. Most of the more decent pugs won’t join a group when a lfg is written that way. Heck, I don’t join that type of lfg either because most of the time it’s a terrible-attitude-and-bad-skill-player-magnet.

Just did an AC run earlier in a full pug. All that was stated was “damage build” and “all path run, starting with path 2”. The trick is that it actually got people who were really interested in running all paths into the group and by starting with path 2 it pretty much applied an auto selection on the players who were joining us. We also never skipped kholer, thankfully.

Now the runs weren’t as optimized as possible blabla but they went smoothly, quickly enough for me and path 2 end boss was taken down almost with one trap (he was at really low hp when he went back into ghost form).

Now, not all pugged runs are decent, but like I said, feel free to click the leave button. It doesn’t really take 10 minutes to figure out the type of players you have in your group. Personally when I pug I don’t really mind new players etc to dungeons, but one thing I do care for is attitude and communication. I don’t play with deafmutes. If they’re acting like deafmutes, I either kick if the rest of the group is decent, and it usually is followed by a confirmation of the kick, or I leave the group if the whole group is deafmute. New players doesn’t equal bad player as long as they listen. But the second you get deafmutes in the group is the moment where you know things are going to turn out really badly.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If you are online when I do some runs i could get you on. We usually do coe, ac and then 3man a path of arah. But in terms of dungeons we will do whatever someone wants to do on the night.

Seconded kitten social life getting on my way this evening and on saturday (!!! two days a month unbelievable!!!)… Ai want to do dungeonz. I’ll be there when they let me free, promise <3

And this Nikaido guy speaks the truth. Whenever I read posts like “all ZERKER DPS GEAR CHECK EXPERIENCED OR KICK 3K+ ach points” they just seem kittened to me and I’d never consider to join even if I always meet the requirements. Maybe they’re good, but most of the time I don’t think so. It’s just… you know. Bad form.
I’ll admit though that I rarely bother with socializing with pugs/posting a detailed lfg unless we AC; I’m already irritated by the fact we never manage to have a full team of people I like playing with, I always feel like the 2 pugs are dragging us down (unless I happen to fail miserably, but that makes things hilarious… for the others) so not in the mood for being nice. I should try to be more positive sometimes…
P.S. But when you get a hammer warrior with sigil of sanctuary, you definitely feel the heat rising.

spoj.9672

pff social life? whats that?

deSade.9437

Ikr. Today it’s ok because it’s social life with some friends… but tomorrow… dinner with relatives. GAHHHHHHH
– Where’s the /suicide command?
I hate this game… real life. You can’t even pause the kitten game.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I have yet to see spoj online ingame o.o

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

spoj.9672

Yea i dont actually play, im just a forum lurker.

But seriously, if im on the forums im usually not playing. I log on about 5-6pm gmt till late most evenings.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Dub.1273

@Topic: Ask the kitten cruitmenter, he has what you’re looking for. Even if you’re not willing to join a guild.

Dub | [rT]

colesy.8490

kitten cruitmenter? I literally have no idea what you just said, the censor is that bad.

@Nik & spoj – i’ll add you next time I log on, haven’t had much time to play recently though.

Dub.1273

Oh yeah, i always forget “D-e<r}p” gets censored to "kitten ".

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Oh yeah, i always forget “kitten ” gets censored to "kitten ".

Good one Dub, that definitely clarified everything for them

He’s trying to say Der* cruitment. i.e. the recruitment nub for rT called Der*y Moa

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

You can add me too, for the half pugged runs, usually do arah but recently started doing coe and se, also wanted to do ac (somewhat experienced in p1 but not really experienced in p2 and p3). I think 30 of my 34 dungeon repeats are arah… with pugs.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

spoj.9672

I couldnt bare to pug arah. Things go smoother in 3man groups then with pugs.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Here, let me one up you: I’ve had (mostly)guild groups and pug groups for arah p2/3/4 that were way slower than me soloing alone or duoing. It’s sad how bad players can slow you down tremendously.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

colesy.8490

what time are you guys usually on? (GMT)

spoj.9672

Weekdays 6pm gmt onwards. Weekends earlier.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

My almost-never-fails solution to AC pugging: “Will we be killing Kholer tonight?” If the answer is not an emphatic yes, I’m gone. If the answer is “Yes, if the troll pops”, I’m gone and they get blocked.

Zelendel

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Here, let me one up you: I’ve had (mostly)guild groups and pug groups for arah p2/3/4 that were way slower than me soloing alone or duoing. It’s sad how bad players can slow you down tremendously.

hehe

hehehuuhuhu

:^)

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Transfer to ’Murica

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

hehe

hehehuuhuhu

:^)

A barapost? Here? Wow.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Only a forum frequenter could make a post like this without getting flamed and told to ‘gtfo to the guild recruitment subforum’ xD
In other news LoD needs more Oceanics, seriously we’re reduced to friends lists at that time of day Q_Q

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Yea, they need another Warrior because Dolan refuses to reroll from Guardian.

colesy.8490

Transfer to ’Murica

= lag

= me missing dodges

= me being bad

Only a forum frequenter could make a post like this without getting flamed and told to ‘gtfo to the guild recruitment subforum’ xD

well i’m sure most of the people here understand my situation :p

Dolan.3071

Yea, they need another Warrior because Dolan refuses to reroll from Guardian.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaheehuejdbysvbjtsfkysdjgiut…
I am actually levelling a guard atm though, the old switcheroo at the end of the path so I don’t have to spend 5000+ gold on crafting

Yeah I was in the same spot a couple months ago, I was at breaking point with pugs and was honestly considering quitting the game. So I applied to LoD and yeah, best in game decision I’ve ever made. Not just the high quality of runs (mostly xD) but the community that comes with it, like I’ve run around in circles in LA for an hour without even realising because I’m just talking kitten all over TS xD
I’m not sure what the go is in EU with PvE orientated guilds but I wish you luck :]

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

deSade.9437

Yeah I was in the same spot a couple months ago, I was at breaking point with pugs and was honestly considering quitting the game. So I applied to LoD and yeah, best in game decision I’ve ever made. Not just the high quality of runs (mostly xD) but the community that comes with it, like I’ve run around in circles in LA for an hour without even realising because I’m just talking kitten all over TS xD
I’m not sure what the go is in EU with PvE orientated guilds but I wish you luck :]

I basically only play with spoj and another guy, and when one of them (or both) isn’t online it’s plain awful. I only dare to do CoF, and when I try to run another dungeon (AC today) it’s always horrible, 2-manning the entire dungeon. Sometimes I do feel pugs get me to a breaking point… :/ and honestly, guilds? I didn’t see a mildly decent guild since release. I have a guild for gms and that’s all.

Dub.1273

We’d like to have a word with you.

We’re more than mildly decent casuals!

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

The Mexican Cookie.3690

We’re professional casuals

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’ve collected enough casual souls that I’m starting to turn into one.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

spoj.9672

SAB is the ultimate test of how casual you are.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I have so many green weapons :/

Brazil

colesy.8490

I basically only play with spoj and another guy, and when one of them (or both) isn’t online it’s plain awful. I only dare to do CoF, and when I try to run another dungeon (AC today) it’s always horrible, 2-manning the entire dungeon. Sometimes I do feel pugs get me to a breaking point… :/ and honestly, guilds? I didn’t see a mildly decent guild since release. I have a guild for gms and that’s all.

i’m surprised we haven’t all gotten together to do runs before to be honest.

though yeah, when you run with people who generally know what they’re doing, going with pugs (and then asking for a ping and getting some cleric or knghts crap with some weird runes) is just painful when your usual group isn’t around.

(edited by colesy.8490)

Broadicea.8294

I cannot understand where pugs get their ideas, you ask for “DPS only” and people come in and ping runes of the pack, rage, ogre, eagle

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pug ping Scholar’s

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I saw a pug ping armor with Ruby Crystals once, and I’ve seen that more than I’ve ever seen Scholar Runes.

Brazil

colesy.8490

I saw a pug ping a ruby orb in their weapon before, and they also said scholar runes aren’t better because it’s hard to stay above 90%.

Dub.1273

Brazil, one casual to rule them all.

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m Captain Casual.

Brazil

Dolan.3071

Oh you poor EU’s
Taking one PuG when we’re 4/5 can be detrimental as it is, why can’t we guest from one to the other

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

spoj.9672

Yeah would be pretty nice if we could all play together!