maybe this helps for the dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zerownrage.5913

zerownrage.5913

whats wrong with gw 2 players? this all started when i tryed to level my new guardian… i’m getting sick of all those level 80 players with 5k ap… ( i have way more, but still…) that are telling me to stay on my level 80 because they don’t seem to have the “skills” to clear the dungeon with a player in there party that is on the dungeons level and is not getting downscaled to level 35… this happend multiple times to me and also getting kicked right before the boss because i switched and its just so frustrating that i was thinking… woulden’t it be nice to have a mode like nightmare or somthing like that on all dungeons so the levels 80 can do that while all other modes like explor and story are for players that are not lvl 80 (i’m talking for the lower level dungeons). i think it will make players stay longer in the game and check more dungeons out instead of ragequiting the game or having to level in edge of the mists where they " supposed to be and karma train till 80".

(edited by zerownrage.5913)

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

You could at least ask if they don’t mind you to switch to your lower level character at the endboss, and usually they don’t mind.
If you really insist on doing the entire dungeon on your low level character just make an “all welcome” LFG.

I personally leveled my first character, a ranger, the most hated class of all from level 50 to 80 doing dungeons, while having 300ap.
And I never got kicked.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

If you want to swap to a lower lvl alt at final boss you should ask the group first if you can do it and see if the group is ok with it. I had it happen to a group i was in SE p1, at Tazza 2 players swapped while Tazza was still above 50% hp, and thats not a nice thing to do to your groupmates. Most of the time the group will be ok with it, but i’ve seen groups kicking people for swapping, specially groups that advertise for speedrun.

Now about these lvl 80 5k ap elitists that refuse to run with your lowbie alt, i bet you also refuse to group up with low lvl newbies and prefer to do a speedrun to power lvl your alt, so i bet you are also part of the toxic elitist comunity that just wants to speedrun dungeons for quick gold and xp.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Sounds like an issue with handling the lfg-system properly to me. As a general advise, make sure to always read the group-description carefully before joining.

In addition to that, many players generally assume a couple of things when doing dungeons, being level 80 or bringing dps-oriented gear being amongst them. In order to play your lower-level characters in dungeons, you should look (or create) groups that mention “all levels, all welcome” or similar.

If you’re planning on switching before the final boss, I would consider it proper etiquette to announce so at the beginning of the run to ensure that everyone agrees on it as well as gets a chance to prepare for the boss fight accordingly. As an above poster mentions, if suddenly half your group disappears from the boss-fight, it might be ill-received by the remaining players.

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

What is wrong with gw2 players? I think the blame is on you, ask the group first. they shouldn’t have to cater to you. I lvled a lot of my guys through SE p1 and 3.. I would tell the group I was going to switch, and then switch when the boss is at 10-15% health left.

Don’t blame the group because its not to YOUR benefit.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

because they don’t seem to have the “skills” to clear the dungeon with a player in there party that is on the dungeons level and is not getting downscaled to level 35…

Or maybe they don’t want to carry you? I do that with my guildmates. But with a pug? In reality having 1 level 35 in AC won’t change a thing. Probably won’t make the dungeon longer by much or any more difficult. It’s just a question of respect for me. Ask first and respect the decision of other player, you are not alone in that content, you are with 4 other people and what they prefer count as much as what you want.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD