new expansion has no raid?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

Q:

hohohohoho…. anet kitten up?

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Its common to not release new raids as soon as a new expansion hit, we probably will get a new raid at the launch of season 4 episode 1.
Just there is no announcement of new fractal etc..
Now its time for explore a new world. When season 4 hits we will start to see new fractals/raids.

Posted by: robert.6315

robert.6315

I understand not releasing a new raid on release day, but have Anet at least mentioned that raiding will still be a thing for this xpack?

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Raids are dead, PvE’s all about the Mount Racing meta now.

Posted by: robert.6315

robert.6315

Raids are dead, PvE’s all about the Mount Racing meta now.

:(

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

They didnt mention guild halls, guild missions, fractals, pvp, jumping puzzles or wvw either – but I’m confident they are coming. I wouldn’t read too much into what they did or didn’t talk about in the early announcement.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I think it is likely they are intending to give out more information spread over the next 2 months. Compared to HOT announcements they are moving very fast. We have already seen all 9 elite specs.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

HoT dropped the ball heavily because they announced features knowing beforehand they wouldn’t be ready at launch. I think with Mike in charge they turned that upside down and now they’re going to release most things only as Live updates. What you’re buying shouldn’t be thought of as an expansion really, but merely as a season pass of sorts (which is pretty okay given they also learned not to charge full game price).

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

iirc There will be more raids. They just did not include them in the announcement as this one was all about Elite Specs and Mounts.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It would be a problem, because raids so far are just too strongly tied to HoT expac, and the new expac, contrary to the previous statements, will not include (or require) HoT at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

They didnt mention guild halls, guild missions, fractals, pvp, jumping puzzles or wvw either – but I’m confident they are coming. I wouldn’t read too much into what they did or didn’t talk about in the early announcement.

A new Guild Hall was shown in the reveal.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Some content will be released as it is ready: fractals, raids.
  • Some added with Living Story: new story, new skins, new legendaries, new zones.
  • Some added with expansions: elite specs, guild halls, new features
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

It would be a problem, because raids so far are just too strongly tied to HoT expac, and the new expac, contrary to the previous statements, will not include (or require) HoT at all.

What? Raids are not tied to anything. Legendary armor is tied to HoT but so will the legendary weapons that get released with LS4.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Prefer fractals than raids. Enough raid content I think ..

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Personally I’m disappointed. No mention of it, nor any dev that’s willing to communicate with us like the WvW devs did. Maybe it’s obvious to people that follow every dev statement and read between the lines that raids are no longer tied to an expac, but they’ve never really clearly stated it. In fact last AMA ignored any and all raid questions.

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

There’s gonna be more raids and fractals, chill guys ^-^

Posted by: ListenToMe.5130

ListenToMe.5130

AWESOME!!!

I hope there is at least one raid that requires the use of a mount!

Posted by: toffin.5032

toffin.5032

Maybe they can bring back FoW / UW soon??

Asuran CM~Bulldog~ Guild: Slackers Incorporated [INC] Back from a 3 year hiatus!
Server: Jade Quarry | Recruitment: Open

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Maybe using mounts in cool new and unique ways

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

That’s a relief. Was getting a bit worried when we didn’t hear anything about raids during the announcement. Definitely want more raids. They are a ton of fun. I wish I had started them sooner, but I was dragging my feet for the longest time on them.

I don’t expect them to be released at xpac launch though. Not even WoW releases raids on launch. You need to give people time to just enjoy the xpac and get used to their new specs.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

There is avid about the gh and mo talked about it in the anouncement. As for gm’s idk man id like of the moumt races were a gm other than a new daily.

And maybe daily guild bounties fo guild to pop and do would be cool.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Maybe they can bring back FoW / UW soon??

Given that “human gods” is now a main point of the plot, they might go along with their previous statement of “developing side stories inside raids that do not affect the main one”. I wouldn’t count on fighting Dhuum inside a raid oh my god please do this for example, but I suppose we could definitely visit their domains in the Mists. There are plenty of places inside Underworld and Fissure of Woe that would make for awesome encounters. It is also a great opportunity for a Lord Ordran Fractal or something related to Nightfall that isn’t the Fall of Abbadon one we were promised to never get. Reintroducing GW1 plots is actually so much better to raid/fractal stories than the main story, because there’s that much more options of development.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Maybe we’ll revisit the Tomb of the Primeval Kings :O

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

zealex.9410

The what of who??

Posted by: kluki.3915

kluki.3915

I just hope there will be more fractals than what we got in hot… I’d like to see at least 4 new fractals at launch.

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I just hope there will be more fractals than what we got in hot… I’d like to see at least 4 new fractals at launch.

There won’t be any fractal or raid at launch of PoF most likely. Those development cicles are independent from expansions and release at their own pace.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The what of who??

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tomb_of_the_Primeval_Kings

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

don’t trust this guy.. he just rickrolled you all!

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: kluki.3915

kluki.3915

There won’t be any fractal or raid at launch of PoF most likely. Those development cicles are independent from expansions and release at their own pace.

Thats really sad, to me its really odd to release expansion without so important part of content such as fractals imo. Not to mention in hot we get only like 3 new fractals. Im really bored of doing the same old fractals. But hey we will see.

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Let us get settled in, learn the new builds and what works for what game mode, etc. , then they can bring on the raids and junk!!!

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

AWESOME!!!

I hope there is at least one raid that requires the use of a mount!

With Crash Bandicoot making a comeback, we need a raid which is a race, our mounts vs Nitros Oxide.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Thats really sad, to me its really odd to release expansion without so important part of content such as fractals imo. Not to mention in hot we get only like 3 new fractals. Im really bored of doing the same old fractals. But hey we will see.

Those are on different release schedules and would you really want Anet to hold up on releasing them so they could be included in an upcoming expansion? I think most people would prefer to have them sooner rather than later but I could be wrong.

Posted by: Xeph.4718

Xeph.4718

That’s a shame, I quit before HoT and only just came back to play again, I made legendaries before it was made easier? (I guess) and now I find out I can only get legendary armour through raiding? ( I heard about upcoming pvp but not really into that at the moment)

I loved gw2 because it had no raiding for so long, now I find out this game turned into all the others….

Pandion Knights – Seafarer’s Rest
www.pandionknights.co.uk
Ava Solaris – Warrior SFR

zealex.9410

That’s a shame, I quit before HoT and only just came back to play again, I made legendaries before it was made easier? (I guess) and now I find out I can only get legendary armour through raiding? ( I heard about upcoming pvp but not really into that at the moment)

I loved gw2 because it had no raiding for so long, now I find out this game turned into all the others….

Thats unfair for the game. Just because they try their take on succesful systems does that make the game a generic mmo? Also just because we had no raids doesnt mean now thay we have that the gw2 raids are like the raids in other games.

Xeph.4718

Thats unfair for the game. Just because they try their take on succesful systems does that make the game a generic mmo? Also just because we had no raids doesnt mean now thay we have that the gw2 raids are like the raids in other games.

You aren’t wrong, but the one thing I always loved about gw2 and partly what it was originally always based on was not having ‘gated’ gear, sure skins were exclusive to dungeons but same quality gear was available to craft etc.

Unless your saying I can craft legendary armour then this is the issue I have with raids, I enjoyed dungeons and fractals when they came out but raids usually take more dedication and time, plus I don’t think my guild has a presence anymore, not that I have the time in one go currently.

Gw2 used to be very much inclusive of all, I loved it because during my time between fractals and dungeons I grinded 4 legendary weapons, I’d rather do that any day than raids, and would have no issue if the gear quality was available via grinding old style instead. Unless I’m wrong it isn’t and therefore I feel arenanet have gone against one of the original selling points of gw2.

www.pandionknights.co.uk

zealex.9410

You aren’t wrong, but the one thing I always loved about gw2 and partly what it was originally always based on was not having ‘gated’ gear, sure skins were exclusive to dungeons but same quality gear was available to craft etc.

Unless your saying I can craft legendary armour then this is the issue I have with raids, I enjoyed dungeons and fractals when they came out but raids usually take more dedication and time, plus I don’t think my guild has a presence anymore, not that I have the time in one go currently.

Gw2 used to be very much inclusive of all, I loved it because during my time between fractals and dungeons I grinded 4 legendary weapons, I’d rather do that any day than raids, and would have no issue if the gear quality was available via grinding old style instead. Unless I’m wrong it isn’t and therefore I feel arenanet have gone against one of the original selling points of gw2.

You cant craft legendary weapons and trinkets either. Its something that involves a greater part of the game.

Same with legendaty armors. They invlolve 1 gamemode maynly and other parts in a smaller scale. (youc an argue that theres less freedom with this idea but the devs wanted this ti be a sign of dedication in 1 part of the game.

I fee that as long as more legendary armors come into thw game that will be better. But i also believe excusivity is good and it should exist.

They have anounced that they will add legendary armors in wvw and pvp as well so ye.

Gw2 is not a ra8d centric game in any strech of imagination it just has raids for ppl who like that. In no way raids devalue any other gamemode or pve type of content.

Gw2 brought raids but added its own twist making it something else you can do ans not the be all and end all.

Xeph.4718

You cant craft legendary weapons and trinkets either. Its something that involves a greater part of the game.

Same with legendaty armors. They invlolve 1 gamemode maynly and other parts in a smaller scale. (youc an argue that theres less freedom with this idea but the devs wanted this ti be a sign of dedication in 1 part of the game.

I fee that as long as more legendary armors come into thw game that will be better. But i also believe excusivity is good and it should exist.

They have anounced that they will add legendary armors in wvw and pvp as well so ye.

Gw2 is not a ra8d centric game in any strech of imagination it just has raids for ppl who like that. In no way raids devalue any other gamemode or pve type of content.

Gw2 brought raids but added its own twist making it something else you can do ans not the be all and end all.

But by making legendary armour requiring something from raids might as well be making it raid centric, that’s the issue and basically just copying every other game making raids the be all and end all to getting ‘best’ gear, which GW2 wasn’t about. I guess they lost players and just gave in.

I already bought HoT before I realised this, but as it looks like they have no intention of removing raids being the first and for the majority of the time being the only way to get best gear and going on with that mentality I won’t be getting the latest expansion. Once I’m bored with HoT, GW2 will just be added to the rest of raid required mmos. yawn

It’s nothing to do with the work, I probably spent longer making four legendary weapons in vanilla before the changes than it would take to get the armour or relatively, but I simply don’t have the time in blocks without interruption to raid, or honestly the inclination.

www.pandionknights.co.uk

(edited by Xeph.4718)

zealex.9410

But by making legendary armour requiring something from raids might as well be making it raid centric, that’s the issue and basically just copying every other game making raids the be all and end all to getting ‘best’ gear, which GW2 wasn’t about. I guess they lost players and just gave in.

I already bought HoT before I realised this, but as it looks like they have no intention of removing raids being the first and for the majority of the time being the only way to get best gear and going on with that mentality I won’t be getting the latest expansion. Once I’m bored with HoT, GW2 will just be added to the rest of raid required mmos. yawn

It’s nothing to do with the work, I probably spent longer making four legendary weapons in vanilla before the changes than it would take to get the armour or relatively, but I simply don’t have the time in blocks without interruption to raid, or honestly the inclination.

As i said you will be able to make legendary armor in wvw and pvp as well. Also by your thinking since the legedary weapons require gift of battle they might as well be obtainable from wvw only.

Also legendary armor is by no means better than ascented armor stat wise. For some ppl its just more convinient because you can sigil swap.

Its unfair to the devs just because 1 gamemode provides a way to get legendaty armor to say " i wont be buying your game". There are other methods to get legendary armor.

Also, raids were a goodanswer to something ppl asled for years and that is challenging content. Content which anet failed to deliver pre hot. Raids dont affect in any way the rest of the game, you can just ignore them and you even realise they exist.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I honestly think that abandonment of world 5-man dungeons is bad for the game. FoTM is great but it can’t replace all other 5 man content.

zealex.9410

I honestly think that abandonment of world 5-man dungeons is bad for the game. FoTM is great but it can’t replace all other 5 man content.

Both offer diff experiences and i dont think is possible to recreate them inside one another. I apreciate the bug fixes you do in dungeons but i honestly believe that they could both co exist in the game.

Xeph.4718

As i said you will be able to make legendary armor in wvw and pvp as well. Also by your thinking since the legedary weapons require gift of battle they might as well be obtainable from wvw only.

Also legendary armor is by no means better than ascented armor stat wise. For some ppl its just more convinient because you can sigil swap.

Its unfair to the devs just because 1 gamemode provides a way to get legendaty armor to say " i wont be buying your game". There are other methods to get legendary armor.

Also, raids were a goodanswer to something ppl asled for years and that is challenging content. Content which anet failed to deliver pre hot. Raids dont affect in any way the rest of the game, you can just ignore them and you even realise they exist.

Thanks for letting me know about the legendary armour stats I was thinking they were better, as I said Im only just back ankitten ew to HoT. That helps a lot.

Yeah making the legendary weapons I hated needed the gift of battle also, but at least I could do a little of that at a time, not having to sit for a couple hours straight like you do in a raid. That’s always been the main problem since I can’t do that anymore due to ‘life’

I understand about challenging content and honestly if the armour isn’t better statted than ascended which I can finish crafting on my own then I don’t really have an issue.
Like you say I can just pretty much ignore raiding, I don’t want it taken away from people just not to be like I originally thought was the case.

www.pandionknights.co.uk

(edited by Xeph.4718)

zealex.9410

I hope that will change you mind about Pof as well because it seems like the expac will be really good.

Xeph.4718

I hope that will change you mind about Pof as well because it seems like the expac will be really good.

It definitely makes me more open minded again, I’ll see how it goes

www.pandionknights.co.uk

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Thanks for letting me know about the legendary armour stats I was thinking they were better, as I said Im only just back ankitten ew to HoT. That helps a lot.

Yeah making the legendary weapons I hated needed the gift of battle also, but at least I could do a little of that at a time, not having to sit for a couple hours straight like you do in a raid. That’s always been the main problem since I can’t do that anymore due to ‘life’

I understand about challenging content and honestly if the armour isn’t better statted than ascended which I can finish crafting on my own then I don’t really have an issue.
Like you say I can just pretty much ignore raiding, I don’t want it taken away from people just not to be like I originally thought was the case.

Why would you think that?
Since you got 4 legendary weapons and they dont have better stats the ascended weapons.
Kinda mind boggeling that you would think armor would be diffrent.
Edit
Wvw legendary armor you can do just as gift of battle alittle at the time will take you years most likely but you can do it.

Astralporing.1957

Also just because we had no raids doesnt mean now thay we have that the gw2 raids are like the raids in other games.

Well, some of the problems that raids carry with them were brought along to gw2, because, unfortunately, they are inherent to the gamemode.

Actions, not words.

zealex.9410

Also just because we had no raids doesnt mean now thay we have that the gw2 raids are like the raids in other games.

Well, some of the problems that raids carry with them were brought along to gw2, because, unfortunately, they are inherent to the gamemode.

Ranked que also brought its problems in pvp

Xeph.4718

Why would you think that?
Since you got 4 legendary weapons and they dont have better stats the ascended weapons.
Kinda mind boggeling that you would think armor would be diffrent.
Edit
Wvw legendary armor you can do just as gift of battle alittle at the time will take you years most likely but you can do it.

My main concern really was that unlike Legendary Weapons (unless its changed with new system) which you can pretty much do solo except the dungeon parts and even then sometimes paths can be solo’d, raiding requires other players to rely on. And a significant – for me, chunk of time in one go. I can’t just afk when I need.

And of course you are right about the stats, but I did mention I’ve been away for about two years and my memory was pretty vague about most things, till I played again. Although the great thing about Legendary items is they always scale to highest tier of gear.

So overall, now I’ve learnt / remembered some things I’m not too bothered, and so far enjoying my time back doing masteries etc.

www.pandionknights.co.uk

Astralporing.1957

Since i’m not really a pvp person, i can’t say anything about it, but it’s definitely possible you’re right. Not sure how that has anything to do with the topic at hand however.

Actions, not words.

zealex.9410

Since i’m not really a pvp person, i can’t say anything about it, but it’s definitely possible you’re right. Not sure how that has anything to do with the topic at hand however.

That not everything that is indroduced will be accepted by everyone and wont have flaws in the eyes of some.

Astralporing.1957

Sure. Any change brings some flaws in addition to gains. Of course, the question is whether the flaws outweight the gains or the other way. Personally, i consider the flaws inherent to raiding to be a really major issue for a game that is not at its core raid-based.

That’s not what i meant however. What i said is that there definitely are points in which gw2 raids are very much like raids in other games. And it just happens that it’s those very points that cause the whole raid controversy.

Actions, not words.