not getting credit for boss kill in dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

It’s not a big deal but I’m curious to know:

I was just doing Arah with a pug and killed Lupi, towards the end of the fight I got myself killed and figured the best thing to do is wp and run back. The rest of the team managed to kill him as I was running back. I could loot the chest but not the body. I did not get the experience for killing him so I assumed I did not get credit for killing him.

So what I want to know is: is this an anomaly or being far away from the mob always prevent me from being recognized as one of its killers (despite being in the same instance, part of the same team, and repeatedly bashed its head throughout 95% of the fight)?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I think that dying gets you out of combat mode and that might be an issue here. Being not in a combat mode. So even if you had stayed dead, you wouldn’t have probably got any credits.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

even if you are in combat, but not hitting boss for a while before he dies, because e.g. you are reviving teammates/killing adds, you might not get the loot.

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This another of those bugs which is stupidly common. I have never been dead or out of combat when the boss died (if I die I wp and run back) but I have had the WP bug rob me of my loot. I truly hope this is on their radar for a fix. It’s incredibly lame that you can DPS the boss for 90% of the fight, die and WP to get back only to find you don’t get any loot (robbing you of around 14 silver, 3 tokens and drops).

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I think that dying gets you out of combat mode and that might be an issue here. Being not in a combat mode. So even if you had stayed dead, you wouldn’t have probably got any credits.

That’s not it. You are not getting loot because you are out of range when the boss dies.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

This another of those bugs which is stupidly common. I have never been dead or out of combat when the boss died (if I die I wp and run back) but I have had the WP bug rob me of my loot. I truly hope this is on their radar for a fix. It’s incredibly lame that you can DPS the boss for 90% of the fight, die and WP to get back only to find you don’t get any loot (robbing you of around 14 silver, 3 tokens and drops).

ew this is lame. Considering their huge list of bugs they need to attend to I guess I just have to be a bit more discrete about running back in the future =/

Oceanic [LOD]