open questions about "new" fotm

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

HOT release is getting close, but there are still a lot of open questions ppl like to know about.
Here i’d like to collect all about fractal rework and hope a dev would like to answer:

- access to Level
Will the old restriction (or an adapted version) to be able to only join a fractal matching you max level come back?
I realy hope for this so it may help to solve some pug problems.

- agony
With 50 extra level, how does agony resistance work?
Will we need to grind gold to craft +20 infusions? Will armors need to be upgraded for extra infusion slots? Can +x infusions drop?

-scaling post 50
Will there be a point condition damage is required to beat a fractal in an appropriate time?
You said other stats, so toughtness too, will scale with level. So there would be a point conditions deal more dmg than direct damage. Direct damage seems to get more or less balanced with specializations, but condition-wise there are huge differences betrween the classes. Will Lvl 100 be 5 engineer?!?

-rewards
Will running fractals be on a level with dungeons?
Dungeons got fixed reward of a few gold. Fotm so far is pure rng AND daily restricted. Will it be “worth” it compared to dungeons to do fractals?

-masteries
Will we need to repeat “lower” level fractals to reach a mastery level to be able to move on to higher levels?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

1. No, it will not be coming back.
  2. We don’t know how exactly yet, but my understanding is that it will be rescaled to some new higher-than-70 threshold at 100 and the gradient will change for the rest of the levels. We do know it will not scale linearly with what we have now (ie. It will not take 100 AR to get to L70, etc).
  3. Yes, condition damage will be very meta at certain higher levels, especially factoring some new instabilities.
  4. Pristine Fractal Relics become the exclusive reward dungeon currency for Fractals. You will be able to purchase Fractal weapons and more using these relics. There will still be some RNG, but it’s my understanding that with this change you can actually make progress towards tangible rewards that you’d actually want.
  5. Mastery points are acquired by experience, and not running Fractals. You can earn these mastery points anywhere in the game and then apply them to the Fractal Mastery track to boost your efficacy there.
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I have a question too. Afaik there’s only 1 reward tier that’s going to be worthwhile (51-100) for fractal frequenters. How many “islands” do we need to do to get that daily chest? Is it just going to be the 1? And if so, what other worthwhile rewards will there be for me to play more than 5min fractals a day?

It seems, looking at the blogpost, that fractals are given even less replay value a day compared to how it is now.

1. Pristine Fractal Relics become the exclusive reward dungeon currency for Fractals. You will be able to purchase Fractal weapons and more using these relics. There will still be some RNG, but it’s my understanding that with this change you can actually make progress towards tangible rewards that you’d actually want.

My understanding is that only the silver weapons will be buyable? If so that’s a very kittenty reward for fractal relugars. Personally I’m sitting on 500+ pristines, needing 2 weapons… =/

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Do we know when it is coming yet? Before, with, or after HoT? Not exact day I mean

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

1. Pristine Fractal Relics become the exclusive reward dungeon currency for Fractals. You will be able to purchase Fractal weapons and more using these relics. There will still be some RNG, but it’s my understanding that with this change you can actually make progress towards tangible rewards that you’d actually want.

Hi. Could you elaborate a bit on this with respect to regular fractal relics vs pristine? What about regular relics?

Rising Dusk.2408

Hi. Could you elaborate a bit on this with respect to regular fractal relics vs pristine? What about regular relics?

Regular fractal relics will continue being a currency as before, but they will not gain fancy new rewards as far as we know. The very fancy rewards will be reserved for pristine fractal relics.

I have a question too. Afaik there’s only 1 reward tier that’s going to be worthwhile (51-100) for fractal frequenters. How many “islands” do we need to do to get that daily chest? Is it just going to be the 1? And if so, what other worthwhile rewards will there be for me to play more than 5min fractals a day?

There will be multiple dailies, one of which (apparently) is random and one of which is from 51-100, and one of which is below that. It’s unclear how exactly this will work, but your feedback was communicated to them awhile ago so maybe we’ll see some changes on release.

My understanding is that only the silver weapons will be buyable? If so that’s a very kittenty reward for fractal relugars. Personally I’m sitting on 500+ pristines, needing 2 weapons… =/

Correct, though we know other rewards may show up in this vendor as well. I’m personally hopeful that the Fractal Tonic will be available this way for some exorbitant number of pristine relics. My understanding is that the higher weapons will be convertible into each other in the mystic forge if you get one you already have, though they will be RNG.

Do we know when it is coming yet? Before, with, or after HoT? Not exact day I mean

With the release of HoT.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

2. We don’t know how exactly yet, but my understanding is that it will be rescaled to some new higher-than-70 threshold at 100 and the gradient will change for the rest of the levels. We do know it will not scale linearly with what we have now (ie. It will not take 100 AR to get to L70, etc).
  3. Yes, condition damage will be very meta at certain higher levels, especially factoring some new instabilities.
  4. Pristine Fractal Relics become the exclusive reward dungeon currency for Fractals. You will be able to purchase Fractal weapons and more using these relics. There will still be some RNG, but it’s my understanding that with this change you can actually make progress towards tangible rewards that you’d actually want.
  5. Mastery points are acquired by experience, and not running Fractals. You can earn these mastery points anywhere in the game and then apply them to the Fractal Mastery track to boost your efficacy there.

thank you trying to answer, but i’m looking for answers not “speculations”/“what we know now”. also you missunderstood some of the questions.

Posted by: Sirlath.1672

Sirlath.1672

thank you trying to answer, but i’m looking for answers not “speculations”/“what we know now”. also you missunderstood some of the questions.

1. We don’t know.
2. We don’t know.
3. We don’t know.
4. We don’t know.
5. We don’t know.

Happy?

Rising Dusk.2408

80% of what I said is taken from blog posts,10% is taken from developer reddit comments, and 10% is from intentionally vague comments made by developers. You’re not going to get any better than that right now.

If you want an official answer, you’ll find out in 12 days.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

You’ll get your anwsers when HoT is realesed just like the rest of us. Until then it’s all speculations. :-)