penalty for spite kick

penalty for spite kick

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You bumped the thread then as soon as someone posted you deleted your bump post.

Nice smooth Necroing there.

Yup.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

If you act like a kitten, then be prepared to be kicked. Regularly.

About the only time I’ve been kicked from a dungeon was when I was a bit sick and just doing so horribly in the dungeon that I deserved to be kicked. Never been kicked at a boss even from guild parties. I’m sure many will agree that as long as you pull your weight and don’t be a kitten you’ll get to the end.

OP, your double standard and hypocrisy is plain for all to see. The fact that you can’t see it yourself is astounding.

let’s lay it out.
1. Guild party kicks you and you raise hell and high water.

However,

2. It’s ok for people to go to a guild puzzle event and troll the guild, because, and I quote you,

“Well, i’d say people has the ability to do what ever them want in this game. It’s not breaking game agreement for doing such of a thing in open public area. If your guild event is more organized, I don’t think this kind of thing would happen. Consider about yourself before blame the others.”

Since by your logic, it’s “not breaking a game agreement to do such a thing in a public area” then it is no more breaking a game agreement to do so in a dungeon because an instance is no less a public area than open world. Simply because it is only 5 people in an area does not invalidate the “open worldness” of a dungeon. You are in a restricted public space, but a public space it nonetheless is.

To sum up, I give you your words back to you. Since you are often being kicked from dungeon or fractal groups, “consider about yourself before blame the others”

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

I don’t know how many time I had asked for this. But this needs to be punished!
Half of the time I run FOTM, I got spite kick in the last boss, while there are more than one people from the same guild! Spent more than 2 hours and what I got is a kick!
I even can not report them for doing this because your party chat get disappear after you got kicked!
Make penalty for this or change your LFG system! After 2 years game release and the LFG system is still in beta?

2 hour to get last fotm boss and you suprise to be kicked? O.O

Do you really think that 2 hour is a normal time to get last fotm boss even with pugs? facepalm

Anyway, i’m 7k hours played and never been kicked.

Some suggestion:
1) improve your build\gameplay cause 2 hour isnt a fotm run it’s a nightmare. If you think that taking 2 hours for a fotm it’s normal then it means every run you are in last 2 hour. That means you are the problem.

2) change your behaviour. If people kick always you rather than someone else it means you are the problem. After 7k hour played without a single kick i dont see any spite kick issue. If you are constantly kicked you deserve that.

3) dont complain on forum, anet cant force people to carry other people. Change yourself and you will stop to get kicked

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Half of the time I run FOTM, I got spite kick in the last boss, while there are more than one people from the same guild! Spent more than 2 hours and what I got is a kick!
I even can not report them for doing this because your party chat get disappear after you got kicked!
Make penalty for this or change your LFG system! After 2 years game release and the LFG system is still in beta?

Do you really think that 2 hour is a normal time to get last fotm boss even with pugs? facepalm

Some suggestion:
1) improve your build\gameplay cause 2 hour isnt a fotm run it’s a nightmare. If you think that taking 2 hours for a fotm it’s normal then it means every run you are in last 2 hour. That means you are the problem.

2) change your behaviour. If people kick always you rather than someone else it means you are the problem. After 7k hour played without a single kick i dont see any spite kick issue. If you are constantly kicked you deserve that.

3) dont complain on forum, anet cant force people to carry other people. Change yourself and you will stop to get kicked

I have 6k hours played also, hour does not mean anything.
Maybe you didn’t get a kick because you are rare to running with pugs.
And also, I emphasized for many times I didn’t have any problem running with all pugs group, but the group has more than one people from the same guild.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

Some suggestion:

I have 5k hours played also, hours does not mean anything.
Maybe you didn’t get a kick because you are rare to run it with pugs.
And also, I emphasized for many times I didn’t have any problem running with all pugs group, but the group has more than one people from the same guild.

ps. 2 hours maybe not a issue for you, but for me, it’s like the time I can spend on gw2 that day.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I cannot tell if you were justly or unjustly kicked from all of those instances. But let me ask you this: How exactly do you propose that a computer system fairly arbitrate what is considered a spite kick and what is considered a justifiable kick?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Some ppl are just too imature so it is to be expected.

If you get kicked often maybe it is because of your skill or your build and gear you use or the way you chat to others or maybe you dont read what others say. There are more than 1 thing that makes you a good player. But the most important thing to not upset players is to read the lfg and make sure you fit the profile. Dont join a zerk group as a guard with with a mace or tourch and so on.

I personally dont like to pug fotm but if i do i am more likelly to join a group that rolled swamp and do levels lile 20,29, 30, 39, 40 and 49. I aslo prefer zerk groups.

if you run with a guild there is always a chance you get kicked to be replaced with another guild member. it comes down to the standerds of that guild but i can tell you in coldsnap we respect ppl and never kick unless lfg asks for zerk but than you should get kicked very early in the run if you get kicked at all.

Anet should make it if you kick no replacement can join but also add a system like wvw where if you dont move in like 5 mins you get auto kick with the posibility to get a new person. if that is even possible

But if take 1 thing from this is to just open the instance

Just another Arah veteran

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The only other thing then what has been suggested that you might be able to do is screen shot the fractal ready screen. That way even if they kick you, you have their names. After that, I think you can submit ticket with a violation report, usually the only response you will get is the canned

“Thank you for your report of an in-game conduct violation. We will investigate this incident and take action, when appropriate.”
but at least it’s something.

omg another miku

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

ps. 2 hours maybe not a issue for you, but for me, it’s like the time I can spend on gw2 that day.

Huh? 2 hours/day, game released approx. two years ago… would be something around 1.400 hours played. So it doesn’t seem as if 2 hours is your usual amount of spent time in gw2… anyway, glad I found this topic and glad someone linked the Guild JP griefing thread.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Consider this:
Last fractal has Always an AR check.

Some players often enters fractal with less ar without even telling.
That s a totally acceptable kick even at last boss.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

penalty for spite kick

DigitalKirin.9714

Giotto, how exactly would you suggest ANet go about resolving this “spite kick” issue?

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

Giotto, how exactly would you suggest ANet go about resolving this “spite kick” issue?

Two ways:
1. FIX THE GROUP AND LFG SYSTEM.
That includes: 1) do not delete the party chat after got kick; 2) add “decline” button when kick people dialog showing up; 3) build report system that allow people to fast report spite kick, people gets reported from “3 of the people has no connection”, can not join dungeon in 24 hours(or other penalty).

2. CHANGE THE DUNGEON SYSTEM.
When the group kick a people who is not disconnected in the dungeon, the group won’t be able to add another person into group unless they reset the whole dungeon.
or:
Since the dungeon token, gold reward is daily. We can change it back to that split the daily reward in the middle boxes of the dungeon, and split the daily reward after each single fractal is done for FOTM.

(edited by Giotto.2607)

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Huh? 2 hours/day, game released approx. two years ago… would be something around 1.400 hours played. So it doesn’t seem as if 2 hours is your usual amount of spent time in gw2… anyway, glad I found this topic and glad someone linked the Guild JP griefing thread.

omg, I am very sad for someone’s brain in this forum. If you eat only one apple per day nowadays for losing weight, dose that mean you always eat an apple after you born?

I’m also sad for you digging deeper in contradictions and still not being able to realize or at least acknowledge it. Though I won’t give in to your flame-bait, just a quick summary of your contradictions:
- Griefing a guild puzzle for no reason but trolling is ok, kicking you (may be for a solid reason, may be for no reason, who knows?) is bad. Contradiciton.
- Kicking you wastes 2 hours of your play time which is all you had that day. Either it’s just not your average daily playtime thus making it a nasty coincedence for you but still giving you the chance for a second try, or your lied about your overall playtime. Contradiction.

So have a good day Sir, I already made my conclusion out of this topic and performed what seems to me to be the appropriate ingame action.

Nash out.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

penalty for spite kick

DigitalKirin.9714

That includes: 1) do not delete the party chat after got kick; 2) add “decline” button when kick people dialog showing up;

While it would certainly be a benefit to have the party chat persist after changing zones, it wouldn’t affect people’s ability to kick someone out of their group. And usually, if you’re getting kicked by a group of people who know each other, they’ll have already coordinated the kick so that they can time it quickly.

3) build report system that allow people to fast report spite kick, people gets reported from “3 of the people has no connection”, can not join dungeon in 24 hours(or other penalty).

A system like this can easily be abused. A person with 2 RL friends who aren’t in their contact list could ask them to report a group who delivered a kick. If that kick was a justifiable kick (Maybe the person who was kicked was intentionally griefing the group) the members who delivered the kick would be punished for protecting their interests from a griefer with your system.

When the group kick a people who is not disconnected in the dungeon, the group won’t be able to add another person into group unless they reset the whole dungeon.

Okay, so let’s suggest a scenario: A group has fought through Arah P4 up to lupi when all of a sudden the Guardian says, “omg brb kid vomiting”, and now she’s afk running in a corner. The team is down a person and they can’t replace her. They’re at the mercy of this Guardian who suddenly went afk and they don’t know how long she’ll be afk for.

Your system fails to protect the interests of this group and others similar to it.

Since the dungeon token, gold reward is daily. We can change it back to that split the daily reward in the middle boxes of the dungeon, and split the daily reward after each single fractal is done for FOTM.

This does offer some small measure of compensation, however again, it doesn’t reduce the chance of you being kicked (justly or unjustly).

In the end, all I’m hearing from you is, “Make it easier for me to report people who kick me.”

However, that doesn’t help, because ANet still needs to be able to discern if a kick was justified or not. Putting in mechanics that penalize someone for delivering a kick can easily be gamed and will most likely just end up creating different ways to grief others.

The only statement I think might be interesting would be splitting the daily rewards so you might have a “halfway through” daily reward.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

That includes: 1) do not delete the party chat after got kick; 2) add “decline” button when kick people dialog showing up;

While it would certainly be a benefit to have the party chat persist after changing zones, it wouldn’t affect people’s ability to kick someone out of their group. And usually, if you’re getting kicked by a group of people who know each other, they’ll have already coordinated the kick so that they can time it quickly.

3) build report system that allow people to fast report spite kick, people gets reported from “3 of the people has no connection”, can not join dungeon in 24 hours(or other penalty).

A system like this can easily be abused. A person with 2 RL friends who aren’t in their contact list could ask them to report a group who delivered a kick. If that kick was a justifiable kick (Maybe the person who was kicked was intentionally griefing the group) the members who delivered the kick would be punished for protecting their interests from a griefer with your system.

Okay, so let’s suggest a scenario: A group has fought through Arah P4 up to lupi when all of a sudden the Guardian says, “omg brb kid vomiting”, and now she’s afk running in a corner. The team is down a person and they can’t replace her. They’re at the mercy of this Guardian who suddenly went afk and they don’t know how long she’ll be afk for.

Your system fails to protect the interests of this group and others similar to it.

This does offer some small measure of compensation, however again, it doesn’t reduce the chance of you being kicked (justly or unjustly).

In the end, all I’m hearing from you is, “Make it easier for me to report people who kick me.”

However, that doesn’t help, because ANet still needs to be able to discern if a kick was justified or not. Putting in mechanics that penalize someone for delivering a kick can easily be gamed and will most likely just end up creating different ways to grief others.

The only statement I think might be interesting would be splitting the daily rewards so you might have a “halfway through” daily reward.

There is no system is perfect, if you trying to find the cons, it’s always there. I am just suggesting some better solutions, not perfect perfect solutions.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

omg, I am very sad for someone’s brain in this forum. If you eat only one apple per day nowadays for losing weight, dose that mean you always eat an apple after you born?

I’m also sad for you digging deeper in contradictions and still not being able to realize or at least acknowledge it. Though I won’t give in to your flame-bait, just a quick summary of your contradictions:
- Griefing a guild puzzle for no reason but trolling is ok, kicking you (may be for a solid reason, may be for no reason, who knows?) is bad. Contradiciton.
- Kicking you wastes 2 hours of your play time which is all you had that day. Either it’s just not your average daily playtime thus making it a nasty coincedence for you but still giving you the chance for a second try, or your lied about your overall playtime. Contradiction.

So have a good day Sir, I already made my conclusion out of this topic and performed what seems to me to be the appropriate ingame action.

Nash out.

sorry, I am not going to arguing with fools again. Cuz what you guys do is trying to make the cleavers fool and beat them at the fool level.

penalty for spite kick

DigitalKirin.9714

There is no system is perfect, if you trying to find the cons, it’s always there. I am just suggesting some better solutions, not perfect perfect solutions.

Except that the first one would be worse than our current system if you allowed people to penalize others for kicking, since the potential for abuse would be massive. It’s not a better solution at all.

Not being able to invite someone after having to kick a person out of an instance is similarly a worse solution than the current situation. It affects the average player way more often than it would affect any circumstances of someone being kicked “out of spite”.

If you want better solutions, don’t demand that ANet make these vast sweeping changes. Instead, look to what is within your power to change. Run with friends. Run with guildies. The solutions have been staring you in the face, you just don’t want to accept them.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

I see alot of people posting about these ‘grief kickers’ or people kicking. But in 2 years of GW2 I have had it happen to me twice. And I pug about 95% of the time. Therefore I am forced to conclude that those people regularly being kicked are doing something to deserve it.

And theres often something quite simple. I was running fractals with a friend the other day, and a pug was being a bit of a kitten. We wiped in one bit, and he started blaming the way I played guardian. My mate opted to kick him for the comments he made, which would honestly have not helped out. I elected not to back up his kick request, told him to drop it, and said to the bloke in team chat something along the lines of ‘next time you want to tell me how to play guardian, either get your own, or gtfo’. He laughed it off, but didn’t try and tell me anything again.

On the flip side, there are people who make kitteny annoying comments, and I just decide I cant be bothered dealing with them and kick them. And I am not afraid of any anet sanctions for doing this because I believe that this is the purpose of the kick system.

Anyway, my point is I think the vast majority of people complaining about getting grief kicked probably deserve it due to behaviour and attitudes prior to the run. And based on your responses on this thread, with an entitled attitude and griefing is only a problem when it hits you, I’m gonna go with your part of this majority.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

I see alot of people posting about these ‘grief kickers’ or people kicking. But in 2 years of GW2 I have had it happen to me twice. And I pug about 95% of the time. Therefore I am forced to conclude that those people regularly being kicked are doing something to deserve it.

This.

I PUG a lot too, and have only been kicked twice. Once during the “COF path 1 zerk farm $$$” season because I’m using 4 Orb/2 Boon Duration Runes (thanks Strife). Second because I loaded really really slow on 2nd fractal (my toaster was acting up), although I did get back in because my friend created the party.

I PUGged quite a bit that even though I’m not a pro solo player, I can adapt to having 2-3 useless party members that don’t read and play how they want. Most of the time I can suffer without having to kick them. Yes, I wait for disconnected people too.

Most of the time, I make my own group so I worry a lot less. For the rest, I really just keep to myself, answer only when asked, say whatever info is needed, and just try to play well. If the group wants to do things in a particular way, I just follow regardless if I know a better way. I wouldn’t risk my time spent to lecture people. Wipe one too many times, I’ll carry a ranged weapon on swap if I don’t already.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

When I make pug groups, I have 3 rules.
1. If you’re new, tell me when I ask
2. Pull your weight
3. Don’t be a kittenbag

I won’t necessarily vote for a kick for breaking rule 1 unless you’re dragging the whole party down, but breaking the other 2 and boom you’re out.

I really like mixing it up with different classes. I’ve done runs with all sorts of party make ups, it makes things interesting.

BUT, once I see kittenbaggery appear, that player is gone. I don’t care if we’re at a boss or just about to finish, you disrespect people in the party I will votekick you. If a number of people are being punks and I’m host I will bomb the instance.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I’ve never gotten kicked from fotm a single time in my entire history of doing fractals and I’ve been doing fractals since it came out. Maybe it’s just that I’m lucky but I find your claims of being kicked that often for those reasons to be not very believable.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

Except that the first one would be worse than our current system if you allowed people to penalize others for kicking, since the potential for abuse would be massive. It’s not a better solution at all.

Not being able to invite someone after having to kick a person out of an instance is similarly a worse solution than the current situation. It affects the average player way more often than it would affect any circumstances of someone being kicked “out of spite”.

If you want better solutions, don’t demand that ANet make these vast sweeping changes. Instead, look to what is within your power to change. Run with friends. Run with guildies. The solutions have been staring you in the face, you just don’t want to accept them.

This is like saying "Don’t blame the government. Solve everything by yourself. "

(edited by Giotto.2607)

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

When I make pug groups, I have 3 rules.
1. If you’re new, tell me when I ask
2. Pull your weight
3. Don’t be a kittenbag

I won’t necessarily vote for a kick for breaking rule 1 unless you’re dragging the whole party down, but breaking the other 2 and boom you’re out.

I really like mixing it up with different classes. I’ve done runs with all sorts of party make ups, it makes things interesting.

BUT, once I see kittenbaggery appear, that player is gone. I don’t care if we’re at a boss or just about to finish, you disrespect people in the party I will votekick you. If a number of people are being punks and I’m host I will bomb the instance.

well I don’t know what you do for this, but when there are more than 1 people from the same guild in the group, this just happens 100x than the normal.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

And theres often something quite simple. I was running fractals with a friend the other day, and a pug was being a bit of a kitten. We wiped in one bit, and he started blaming the way I played guardian. My mate opted to kick him for the comments he made, which would honestly have not helped out. I elected not to back up his kick request, told him to drop it, and said to the bloke in team chat something along the lines of ‘next time you want to tell me how to play guardian, either get your own, or gtfo’. He laughed it off, but didn’t try and tell me anything again.

On the flip side, there are people who make kitteny annoying comments, and I just decide I cant be bothered dealing with them and kick them. And I am not afraid of any anet sanctions for doing this because I believe that this is the purpose of the kick system.

Anyway, my point is I think the vast majority of people complaining about getting grief kicked probably deserve it due to behaviour and attitudes prior to the run. And based on your responses on this thread, with an entitled attitude and griefing is only a problem when it hits you, I’m gonna go with your part of this majority.

Well, I never get spite kick in other dungeons, but FOTM. And, I was keep telling, not have of the time for all the group. It’s half of the time for the group “there are more than 1 people from the same guild”.

penalty for spite kick

DigitalKirin.9714

This is like saying "Don’t blame the government. Solve everything by yourself. "

You’re asking the “government” to fix a problem that should be solved personally. Fix yourself before you ask others to fix your own problem.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

You’re asking the “government” to fix a problem that should be solved personally. Fix yourself before you ask others to fix your own problem.

Yes, government always right, problem always should be solved personally.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I just popped in to say hi. I think this thread is hilarious.
Keep up the good work guys.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

Thank you although, i am serious. I am starting screenshot and report for the issue now. So happy that they actually got banned.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Thank you although, i am serious. I am starting screenshot and report for the issue now. So happy that they actually got banned.

Oh did they? Interesting.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

penalty for spite kick

DigitalKirin.9714

See? This just demonstrates your complete and utter failure to understand simple statements.

penalty for spite kick

Giotto.2607

See? This just demonstrates your complete and utter failure to understand simple statements.

I just don’t want to argue with you a clear thing.

I am out of this forum. Cuz no one cares about this right here.
“This game is free, what do I expect? LoL.”

I got mad 100 times in this game than I was playing other games.
Maybe that’s the reason all my friends just stopped playing it, and all the old players left.

gg,

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I am out of this forum. Cuz no one cares about this right here.

Maybe that’s the reason all my friends just stopped playing it, and all the old players left.

gg,

Rage quit over forums is one of the classiest ways to go imo.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

gg,

I’m beginning to see why you are being kicked from teams so often.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As much as I agree with the above, we should probably stop doing that before we get the thread locked.

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

I cannot believe that this thread is still going

¯\(°_o)/¯

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

penalty for spite kick

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

I obviusely pug often and i’ve not been kicked in 6k hours simply cause there’s no reason to kick me.

If you keep getting kicked so often i think there’s something in your gameplay or behaviour that push people to kick you rather than someone else.

Lol you have totally missundestood me.

2 hour for a fotm run isn’t ok for me xD

Normal fractal run with premade takes between 40/50 mins depending on path.

Normal fractal run with pugs takes between 50 min/1,30 hours depending on your luck with pugs.

You speak like 2 hour fotm run its normal for pug. It isnt. 2 hour in fractal means that someone in your party is totally carried.. And you speak like 2 hour is common and you say you get kicked so often… This makes me wonder about WHO is carried in your “normal” 2+hour run xD

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)