phalanx warrior new meta

phalanx warrior new meta

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I always wanna play my thief now! Cutest Asura thief NA.

Probably true because I do not have an asura thief.

I am sorry for your loss

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Norn master race!

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I am sorry for your loss

I have all other classes as Asura though.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

This thead really makes me wonder by engineer gets sold short so hard, they can might blast without interference from light fields, stack loads of vuln, and now deal extremely competitive DPS (around thief tier). Much better than anything a Phalanx warrior can put out, pug or not.

I guess it’s just cause no one wants to press all those buttons, I almost never see engies in any PvE format, period, and the ones I see are running something stupid.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I am sorry for your loss

I have all other classes as Asura though.

Your slacking off, fashion mistress. I’m disappointed.

This thead really makes me wonder by engineer gets sold short so hard, they can might blast without interference from light fields, stack loads of vuln, and now deal extremely competitive DPS (around thief tier). Much better than anything a Phalanx warrior can put out, pug or not.

I guess it’s just cause no one wants to press all those buttons, I almost never see engies in any PvE format, period, and the ones I see are running something stupid.

While this might be the wrong topic for this, at least on some of that I have to agree. Micromanaging an engineer to make the most of what they can do (and they can do a friggin’ lot) is way more hectic than most other classes.
The only one I can think of that can come close is an elementalist (unless you are in lightning hammer mode, then you get a brief respite).

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Nooo! You must have misspelled Asura. PW is too legit on Asura Thief. I have derailed thread enough though :P

Don’t think Ele will be irrelevant after the FGS #4 is changed. It will still be a high source of DPS, Group Might/Fury, and Vuln.

The Phalanx setup seems like it could have some strong applications in longer encounters, although some group DPS numbers would be nice to see for comparison. I can’t see it being useful everywhere though. Some things die fast enough that a Might sustain is unnecessary. Some things do outlive an initial might stack and complications can make re-stacking fall through. Those sorts of situations could benefit from a Phalanx setup. The trait swap in the patch makes this entirely hassle free.

So really it’s just about picking and choosing when it’s useful. Not really any different than before except now it’s hassle free.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

(edited by Saint.5647)

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

My group usually has 1 or 2 eles but sometimes none of us feel like playing it. We arent so worried about taking a minute longer for each path especially as we dont rush to every dungeon. The runs take pretty much the same time no matter what composition we use. Casual day for me involves chatting on ts, doing some dungeon runs, maybe a fractal and taking it easy. We will often spend 5-10 minutes between dungeons doing absolutely nothing in game while deciding what to do next. Such is the way of the casual!

^^ so true. When the clear majority of my nightly dungeon tours is not spent killing things, i’m not too overly concerned with getting a bit more damage.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I’d love to press all those buttons, do you have an Engi guide up anywhere?

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Maybe because some people don’t want to play ele… since there are 6 other classes the can play.

6? Not 7? What class is so bad it’s not even counted as a class XD

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Maybe because some people don’t want to play ele… since there are 6 other classes the can play.

6? Not 7? What class is so bad it’s not even counted as a class XD

Necro. There I said it.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

There are 7 dungeon classes in this game, dunno what you’re talking about.

phalanx warrior new meta

Lilith Ajit.6173

There are 7 dungeon classes in this game, dunno what you’re talking about.

Yep. Necros, sorry.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

phalanx warrior new meta

frifox.5283

Just realized, I have 2 necro chars… and both are used for storing what I couldn’t fit in my bank

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

:(

butbutbutbutbutbut my Necromancer is lilith approved fashionable!!!!!

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: aliono nighteye.3126

aliono nighteye.3126

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might

“With 25 stacks of might at level 80, the bonus is +875 Power and Condition Damage.”

I feel… strong!
There’s the power.
Ah, such might!

I feel like I’m 6 ft tall! (Asura)

Twitchh [REN]

phalanx warrior new meta

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

It’s on Guru.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Nooo! You must have misspelled Asura. PW is too legit on Asura Thief. I have derailed thread enough though :P

Don’t think Ele will be irrelevant after the FGS #4 is changed. It will still be a high source of DPS, Group Might/Fury, and Vuln.

The Phalanx setup seems like it could have some strong applications in longer encounters, although some group DPS numbers would be nice to see for comparison. I can’t see it being useful everywhere though. Some things die fast enough that a Might sustain is unnecessary. Some things do outlive an initial might stack and complications can make re-stacking fall through. Those sorts of situations could benefit from a Phalanx setup. The trait swap in the patch makes this entirely hassle free.

So really it’s just about picking and choosing when it’s useful. Not really any different than before except now it’s hassle free.

When FGS Rush will be nerf (if it will), there will be no more reason to stack elementalist in record runs, 1 will be more than enough.

Just realized, I have 2 necro chars… and both are used for storing what I couldn’t fit in my bank

Necro is still very useful for a certain dungeon story mode, if you know what I mean

phalanx warrior new meta

frifox.5283

Necro is still very useful for a certain dungeon story mode, if you know what I mean

Yep. Actually I have gotten in down so can do it on any class without special but still, more fun with a necro XD

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

It’s on Guru.

I don’t see any difference between that build guide and the meta build.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh god, oh god, someone plz tell me that with this build I should camp gs but I could technically switch to hammah if we need area cc against mobs since it seems to be good for fractals, plz plz plz someone tell me I can drop the stupid axe rotation and use other weapons and second set, plz.
Plz? Just tell me so even if it’s not mathematically true.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Oh god, oh god, someone plz tell me that with this build I should camp gs but I could technically switch to hammah if we need area cc against mobs since it seems to be good for fractals, plz plz plz someone tell me I can drop the stupid axe rotation and use other weapons and second set, plz.

gs camp is life, gs camp is love

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

phalanx warrior new meta

deSade.9437

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/hysterical laughter
^ Miss ya and your hammer warrior.

phalanx warrior new meta

Lilith Ajit.6173

If you use hammer, you’ll need a Juggernaut.

[ARES]

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

My group usually has 1 or 2 eles but sometimes none of us feel like playing it. We arent so worried about taking a minute longer for each path especially as we dont rush to every dungeon. The runs take pretty much the same time no matter what composition we use. Casual day for me involves chatting on ts, doing some dungeon runs, maybe a fractal and taking it easy. We will often spend 5-10 minutes between dungeons doing absolutely nothing in game while deciding what to do next. Such is the way of the casual!

You forget to mention the Ruin Carousel in Borderlands!

When FGS Rush will be nerf (if it will), there will be no more reason to stack elementalist in record runs, 1 will be more than enough.

Well, compared to a mesmer who virtually has no damage, a LH and Staff ele duo team is OP. There will be, in fact, no reason to stack more than two ele in record runs, though.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

It would depend on the dungeon. A speed run of a dungeon that doesn’t need reflects should still be stacking DPS and that would mean 3 eles. Even without FGS they’re still sitting at the top in damage, might stacking, and blasts for stealth. edit: I guess engi could be considered in this category as well for vuln stacking once fgs is gone.
@iris In b4 guang says mesmer is top dps

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

It would depend on the dungeon. A speed run of a dungeon that doesn’t need reflects should still be stacking DPS and that would mean 3 eles. Even without FGS they’re still sitting at the top.
@iris In b4 guang says nade engi is top dps

FTFY

phalanx warrior new meta

Jeremlloyd.6837

You forget to mention the Ruin Carousel in Borderlands!

Well, compared to a mesmer who virtually has no damage, a LH and Staff ele duo team is OP. There will be, in fact, no reason to stack more than two ele in record runs, though.

Well the ele spot will just be opened for another class like Ranger.

phalanx warrior new meta

Iris Ng.9845

How’s about giving the mesmer spot to the ranger (when portal is not needed)? Hur hur hur…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Except that they are the higher DPS class in the game? In a non-stealth speedrun, replace the Thief with a second Ele.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

phalanx warrior new meta

Jeremlloyd.6837

How’s about giving the mesmer spot to the ranger (when portal is not needed)? Hur hur hur…

Well why would you take a mesmer in the first place when portal is not needed?

phalanx warrior new meta

Iris Ng.9845

Well why would you take a mesmer in the first place when portal is not needed?

I believe that our opinions converge. My point is, stacking two ele is still en vogue. But let’s not derail this topic into personal inquiries

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Even after FGS nerf, i still think 2 eles will be good, 3 eles for sure no. But 1 S/D (LH) ele and 1 staff ele go really well together on top of the crazy dps they both bring, so even after a FGS nerf i still can see 2 eles in record runs or whatever.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

phalanx warrior new meta

guanlongwucaii.3162

lol who needs LH + staff ele when you have phalanx warr with LH

after trying it out I’m pretty sold on its effectiveness, such a strong trait for pugs and casual runs. I’d probably run this instead of the DWA EA build in those cases

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

1 staff ele one phalax LH warrior, seems legit.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

phalanx warrior new meta

deSade.9437

If you use hammer, you’ll need a Juggernaut.

Why, why are you giving me ideas. That cost 2000g…
Well, recently lots of cool updates. The meta pigbow build got buffed, I can try out a build that might prevent me from hating warrior so much (I doubt it but who knows), I have to spend 90g on runes- wait, what?
Ugh.
Now I deeply regret using the strength set – bought at 70g – on my elly to try it out… but I regret not buying 2-3 even more.
/cries

phalanx warrior new meta

Silberfisch.3046

1 staff ele one phalax LH warrior, seems legit.

You’d miss out on the fury though, wouldn’t you? Thats where the double elementalist combination still shines.

Although I have to say (in part repeating myself), that I love the phalanx warrior becoming so popular.
The crowd I usually run dungeons with only has very few elementalists. We usually just pick whatever character currently tickles our fancy, with very few exceptions (mostly the exceptions are by people who love multiple characters and pick whatever fits the group composition/dungeon best).
But with the phalanx warrior’s thrown in the chance to have someone stacking might in the group has drastically increased. The same is true for pugs.
You won’t catch me playing one though, I have to admit. I simply hate the GS on a warrior (which is why I used mine mostly to farm events and do pvp before the feature patch).

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

The staff ele covers the fury.

phalanx warrior new meta

deSade.9437

Yep, he’s da man. <3
Soz for not logging in yesterday, I blacked out and fell asleep on the couch.

That gives me more good news, now that I think about it, cuz I love playing staff elly. We need to try that out!

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

Ew. A staff ele can’t reapply fury in the middle of fights without a 10+ second cooldown on all damage. Thats just not practical.

phalanx warrior new meta

Silberfisch.3046

Ew. A staff ele can’t reapply fury in the middle of fights without a 10+ second cooldown on all damage. Thats just not practical.

Um, arcane brilliance and arcane wave + fgj from the warrior should cover fury fully (shame on me for not thinking it entirely through before) even without going into earth for the additional blast finisher. Or am I missing something?

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

We just all missed the amazing new trait that converted guangmath into actual game facts, namely ‘increasing engineers direct damage by 75%’.

Dub | [rT]

phalanx warrior new meta

deSade.9437

Um, arcane brilliance and arcane wave + fgj from the warrior should cover fury fully (shame on me for not thinking it entirely through before) even without going into earth for the additional blast finisher. Or am I missing something?

Just sayin’ guise, a ranger can cover fury just fine, better even.

phalanx warrior new meta

Silberfisch.3046

I’ll grant you that the ranger has the loveliest animation for applying fury. (At least for one of his possibilities, and I’m not talking about schreeching birds…)

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

We just all missed the amazing new trait that converted guangmath into actual game facts, namely ‘increasing engineers direct damage by 75%’.

To be fair, the Bunker Down trait is a nice dps increase for the engie along with riffle 3 and 5. The only problem with BD is that it is very impractical to use seeing as you have to be a precise length from the mob you are attacking which is not usefull if you need to stack/move constantly or even dodge for that matter. If they do fix it though, it’s a step forward for an underrepresented class.

phalanx warrior new meta

deSade.9437

I’ll grant you that the ranger has the loveliest animation for applying fury. (At least for one of his possibilities, and I’m not talking about schreeching birds…)

Lovely, especially with hunter and so easy to get fury… No need to click 200 keys and blast whatever, just press 2 buttons.
Then you kill things with pigs, angry pigeons and moas.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Staff ele pre-stacks with Earth 2 > Fire 2 > Brilliance > Wave. 30 secs fury right there. Brilliance has a 25 sec CD and Wave has a 30 sec, so you can reapply an additional 20 secs after the initial 30 secs has ended. Therefore, if a fight lasts less than 50 secs, the staff ele has fury covered.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

battle standard phalanx warrior can maintain perma 12 stacks of might and fury while being afk

better than ele

warriors op

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

phalanx warrior new meta

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

battle standard phalanx warrior can maintain perma 12 stacks of might and fury while being afk

better than ele

warriors op

25 stacks of might, for one minute. Assuming there’s another warrior in the party.

Dub | [rT]

phalanx warrior new meta

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Sounds like someone’s still salty about getting blown up in the DWA vs. GS thread.

In all seriousness, I don’t think I’ve ever not said Engie is super high DPS. The patch DOES in fact increase Engie DPS by a kittenton, since rifle burst + ascended weapon damage + double sigil + everyone else being nerfed adds up pretty significantly.

phalanx warrior new meta

guanlongwucaii.3162

Sounds like someone’s still salty about getting blown up in the DWA vs. GS thread.

In all seriousness, I don’t think I’ve ever not said Engie is super high DPS. The patch DOES in fact increase Engie DPS by a kittenton, since rifle burst + ascended weapon damage + double sigil + everyone else being nerfed adds up pretty significantly.

lol