play how u want...good or bad?!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Enigma.3148

Enigma.3148

Ok…Sooo…iv decided to make this discussion…because the year is 2015, the game is out for 3 years ish…and ppl still dont know the basics of the game…ppl dont know how dungeons work,how their own profession designed, what is ur profession capabilities, what it could offer to you, to the team.
ppl dont know the mechanics of the game…of the champ’s how u "Need to do,What you need to do, And When you need to do it.

but dats not the main problem…

the problem starts when u see lfg’s like “looking for Exp ppl ping gear zerker meta ps warrior/2 staves ele/thief… blah blah if not exp kick”!!
Dats sounds like an Exp ppl who knows what they are doing right? i mean…that description is almighty superhuman behind it. then u joined, “alright lets get this show on the road”, but then u see on top of ur screen the warrior is using sigil of bloodlust…the ele is using staff dats cool dats good…uhm…but he use condition food :

my point is…if u pug thier is no “alighty meta” out there…cause u never know what the other person is hiding in with his weird build…in the outside, its look’s ok…but he use weird stupid traits…that doesnt even make sense…But Hey he use scholar on zojja’s armor…“DATS META” YYYyyyyeeeaaa….So my suggestion is if u see a necro/ranger or w/e other profession dont instantly deny them…cause they might be more usefull then the other ele who dont know the burst rotation and his dps will be even more weak then the necro/ranger dps by far! so keep that in mind…cuase ur pugging after all…

so after all that been said…ill get back to “Play how u want thingy”
Sooo…im not here to judge anyone… you bought the game,or got it for a gift, a birthday gift or waht ever…u can play H – O -W THE Fxxx Y-O-U W-A-N-T!!!

But and thier is a big BUT!!!
i dont care what build u play…(when im pugging) it could be zerker with centaur runes…could be a condi..nomad healing or what ever…its ur right…if u enjoy it then…knock yourself out!
But…i saw a healing guardian’s who stand’s in the other side of the galaxy and expecting to support us with his ascended super healing capabilities from there…u know it has a range right? so where is ur support on ur team

or when i see lfg that post “looking Exp ps warrior 10k ap only or kick”…then u start the fight…u have 2 staves ele’s…all good right…but then…just because they use staff which is a range weapon,doesn’t mean u need to stay ranged at 1200…CAUSE WHATS THE POINT ON PS WARRIOR….IF U DON’T GET HIS MIGHT FROM HIS TRAIT…cause it has a range cap also!!!

Blasts,lets talk about blasts…
MIGHT stacking!!! well 2 things…
1. elemental: u have 3 blasts on dagger/focus…4 blasts with scepter/dagger…and 1 with staff…whats is the best weapon set to blasts? dats not that hard to pick right…but then u see ele’s who blast only with eruption…i don’t believe its because of laziness…well at least not all of them…i think its because of super lack of knowledge about the use of other weapon set’s that can tribute to the team…or even to ur self as individual…
2.now the smart kitten will come and say" pfff u Nub why u need might when u have ps warrior"…2 reasons, one is because if u start the fight right at 25 might at the first hit…is a lot more dmg burst rather then channel the might during the fight which will take…3-5 sec ish.
second reason is: WHERE THE Fxxx u will get fury :OOOO??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! but who need fury right?!…

Thieves – shadow refuge is NOT the only stealth skill u have!!!!
warriors…warriors…warriors…warriors…why on earth u blast with ur banner??? why,
its a 180 sec cd…which means…1 blast for 180 cd…“TOTALLY WORTH IT”,instead of using Warhorn \o/ 15 sec cd…plus u give swift to urself and ur party…
ele’s – help the thief blast his fields…ur the thief best friend in terms of blasts.

SURE the thief can use shadow refuge!!! but then what? what will u do when u run a long skip…such as arah p2 spider cave/skip to brie (after alphard)…u turned it to a survival run…who ever makes it get to fight the boss…while doing it u step on each other corpses just to survive…WTF…dat’s a team work

in order to have the maximum fun out of the game u need to understand every profession have his job that he can tribute to the team…this is how u be measured about how good u play with that specific profession…

im not telling you what build to use…u can “PLAY WHAT U WANT” but at least know the game mechanics…
if u don’t help the thief to blast u will have a short stealth timer…that will just get 1 or 2 of u Dead!
if u don’t use ur skills at the right time…where u most needed u will just get in the way,getting wiped cause of other person mistakes…just sucks!!! :

i have my own speed guild to run…but sometimes,it happen’s when i log in too late and my whole guild done 90% of the runs…so ofc we all run the Speed run tactics and such…but when i pug i dont really care about what profession will join to my party or what build he use…But please if ur using some other build…support or idk what u have chose to play…at least make it count…blast might fields…stealth fields…stay in the right range if ur using healing/phalanx strength or w/e…make ur self usefull!!!
would like ur opinion…thoughts…suggestions..!!!

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

could… you… use… a… bit… more… dots… in… your… post… ???

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Better make a video. That text formatting and spelling are cringe worthy.

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

PREACH CRIXUS, PREACH!

Far Shiverpeaks

Enigma.3148

could… you… use… a… bit… more… dots… in… your… post… ???

could…you…addressed…at…the…topic…it..self…rather…then….say…pointless…meaningless…comments…!!!T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Cue Spiderman’s, “This post gave me cancer”

Though from what I understand from this post it just sounds like ranting towards pugs. Pugs will be pugs, and by that I mean they will post these super high requirements yet be incapable of maintaining those same standards themselves (and sometimes not even meet them).

If I really want a solid group of players who I know can play well I will choose to run with guildies or those folks on my friend’s list that have made it to the Hall of Awesomeness.

Other than that, I’m at the mercy of pugs. It is a game after all, so I would expect a phiw mentality from most random players. What do I do when I found a subpar group? Leave and try again or coach them if I can.

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

No offense but this is too much of a pain to read.
I mean typing like this is fine in normal chatting but if you plan on writting a novel on a forum then you should use proper grammar and formatting else 70% of people won’t read it.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I tried reading this but wasn’t successful. Can you clarify what you’re trying to say here, OP? To the question you pose in your title, I’ll say that play how you want is a great thing so long as you set your expectations appropriately and join/create appropriate LFGs.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I’m a strong independent Nomad who don’t need no meta.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

OP is basically saying:

1. Pugs may wear zerker gear but have trash builds/don’t know how to play
2. Necros and Ranger pugs might play better than an Ele, thus you shouldn’t kick on sight
3. When pugging, don’t expect zerker; since people got the game through whatever means, they can choose armor/builds they want to play
4. People need to turn their brain on, regardless of build and still adapt, i.e. make the best out of their setup. This includes weaponswapping, blasting fields while thinking of upcoming encounters (don’t toss your banner to blast stealth/might, use warhorn instead and swap) and whatnot

Basically play how you want but play with your brain turned on

Enigma.3148

well…sad thing that u all miss the point and more focusing om my grammar…like everyone is a school teachers in stanford uni…if so i congrats u all with ur new jobs…
my point here…is when i pug i accept that i wont get a group that we will brake a world record or not even close…i accept all those weird builds and such…but what i dont understand is…why when i ask a warrior not to blast with a banner i got kicked…why when i change wepons on my ele to stack might and call the rest of my party to join me…im been called u nub ele who change weapons…we have ps warrior and get flamed…just for saying the obvious…im not tyring to change the world…but if someone out there will see this post and think…ok he’s gotta a point..ill might think of that…then maybe the next pug ill meet, all of a sudden will do the right thing…
P.S iv just went through my topic grammar…it may not be perfect…but its understandable and readable…so too bad u all didn’t have anything smart to say…

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Using correct grammar and punctuation can make things easier to read. It may not seem like it to you but your post is pretty tough to read and follow. Of course as you’ve written it you already know it and won’t experience that same effect. I’m far from perfect with my writing but the attempt helps I believe.

I did try, and if it is what I think it is, then I agree, and I think Novaan summed it up well. Though I don’t see a problem with blasting with a banner as a blanket statement, it’s often solid for prefight might stacking, or if you’ve picked it up on the way to the next fight pound it down for an extra swiftness/stealth, I mean why not?

Enigma.3148

yea novaan preaty much summed what i meant to say…and for the blasting with banner…i didnt meant blasting might…it was for blasting stealth xD, cause of the long dc by the time u will reach the next encounter with a boss fight…the banner will be gone and the cd will be on 30 sec ish…so you can say bye bye to the banner buff

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

one criticism. Blasting with banners is a legit strategy.

Warhorn 5 > warhorn 4 > drop banner > banner 5 > banner 3. 3 blasts instead of 2, more swiftness for the group, and more importantly, unlike lb 3, banner 5 will never put you in combat, and you won’t accidentally get stuck without a greatsword.

Also, if there is a class which lacks blasts, such as mesmer/gaurd/necro you can drop the banner, and they can use the banner 5 blast instead. Give it to a necro for best results, as they don’t have much in terms of group swiftness either.

TLDR: if people know to carry the banners, banners can be more utility than just offensive buffs.

EDIT: This was accidentally decieving. I am not saying that this should be a strategy you typically use. 90% of the time, warhorn 5 + longbow 3 are the warriors go to blasts. The strategy I am talking about is very situational. I wanted to draw attention to that, but I realize this thread is for new players, where it is probably best to just outline general strategies. Not super specialized strategies. Sorry about the confusion.

(edited by thrag.9740)

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Warhorn 5 > warhorn 4 > drop banner > banner 5 > banner 3. 3 blasts instead of 2, more swiftness for the group, and more importantly, unlike lb 3, banner 5 will never put you in combat, and you won’t accidentally get stuck without a greatsword.

Also, if there is a class which lacks blasts, such as mesmer/gaurd/necro you can drop the banner, and they can use the banner 5 blast instead. Give it to a necro for best results, as they don’t have much in terms of group swiftness either.

TLDR: if people know to carry the banners, banners can be more utility than just offensive buffs.

Banners slow you down a lot tho, and you can easily do 2 blasts with warhorn and longbow, maybe even a third one with stomp if you really need it.
There is almost never a need for swiftness supply from a banner, a warrior with quick breathing and an ele spamming staff air 4 off cd will keep your team at permanent swiftness, and that isn’t even needed if statics are used.
If you are talking from an organised group point of view there is no need to carry banners other than them not being off CD for the next boss, and pugs wont even pick up your banner in the first place

And the getting stuck in combat is a bad excuse, just learn the range of your blasts and know not to use them when there is kitten that will reveal you near

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

The only point I was able to understand from OP’s post is that even if you have a meta party, some people in your party like the ele might be kitten at the game even if he has scholar + zerker or whatever and that we shouldn’t deny any all necros/rangers that join our party.
OK, OP , but do you realise that just because they are a necro, that doesn’t mean they know how to play their class? They might just as well be using some weird kitten like axe or staff; or a ranger using bear + longbow all the time.

I consider all pugs bad until they prove themselves not to be bad. And if they do, I’d rather have a good elementalist than a good necromancer in my party imo

Posted by: ironfrodo.7625

ironfrodo.7625

Funny that everyone thinks that everyone in a international game is a native speaker…..

I agree with your point crixus, most times i try to avoid groups asking for AP or having something like “or kick” in the description cause thoose are most times just salty and bad players.

Enigma.3148

its like everyone is following the shepherd…one guy said brainless stupid thing…and u all follow like sheep.
what i meant is, that even if u had the “meta” its not a guarantee that they will be good with what they are playing…just like ele that use signet heal as part of the “meta buid”…or he use staff, but still he camp earth and auto attack with it.(im talking from experience)
on the other hand,its rare to find a good necro/ranger or any other class that isnt the meta, but i myself play necro on a high lv and i know more players who use that profession better then any ele/guard/warrior/thief that i met!!
the purpose of this post is to make ppl (who can actually read english) watch and think about it all over again, just like the dude who post above that blasting with banner is legit way ( im not flaming im not been salty dont get me wrong…i even glad that u take ur time and read it and even made a comment, and i hope what blade said will sound reasonable to you and will make you and others rethinking) . well blade already said everything that need to be said to rethinking the idea of blasting with staff.and while im commenting about his replay: necro guardian and ranger can blast on their own with thier weapons or skills…rest of the party just do 1 blast the ele doest the rest!!!
banner blast is waste of the banner itself that could hurt you if u encounter the boss and ur banner will be on cd…then what?!

P.S maybe the ones who “cant read” dont know how to read english at all"
everyone is talking big and high like english is part of his nature, u all igonr the post…cause it doesnt touch elitists feelings..this is sad

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

[cries in berserk]
I guess most forum ppl here get that.
Most meta content creators let it clear on their guides (“take that skill when running with pugs if that guy dont bring it or that food for puggin”) and etc.
The skilled adapt to the environment the bad screams and moans.
Sorry for english not native speaker too

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

its like everyone is following the shepherd…one guy said brainless stupid thing…and u all follow like sheep.
what i meant is, that even if u had the “meta” its not a guarantee that they will be good with what they are playing…just like ele that use signet heal as part of the “meta buid”…or he use staff, but still he camp earth and auto attack with it.(im talking from experience)
on the other hand,its rare to find a good necro/ranger or any other class that isnt the meta, but i myself play necro on a high lv and i know more players who use that profession better then any ele/guard/warrior/thief that i met!!
the purpose of this post is to make ppl (who can actually read english) watch and think about it all over again, just like the dude who post above that blasting with banner is legit way ( im not flaming im not been salty dont get me wrong…i even glad that u take ur time and read it and even made a comment, and i hope what blade said will sound reasonable to you and will make you and others rethinking) . well blade already said everything that need to be said to rethinking the idea of blasting with staff.and while im commenting about his replay: necro guardian and ranger can blast on their own with thier weapons or skills…rest of the party just do 1 blast the ele doest the rest!!!
banner blast is waste of the banner itself that could hurt you if u encounter the boss and ur banner will be on cd…then what?!

P.S maybe the ones who “cant read” dont know how to read english at all"
everyone is talking big and high like english is part of his nature, u all igonr the post…cause it doesnt touch elitists feelings..this is sad

So to sum this up. You’re better than any ele, guard, warrior, and theif that you have ever met by playing necro. But also you’re saying others are being elitists. If you’re this good you should probably just solo everything you do. Also you lose only like 5 seconds tops of you’re banner if you are might stacking before a fight. If you are using it after a fight to blast stealth why does it matter? Maybe you think using number 5 makes the banner disappear faster? If so that is not the case.

Also evry1 can read fine…… U make thangs hard “to read” when ur gramur is bad…….. and this makes ur posts confused……… So the meaning of ur post is lost.

bladex.9502

of you’re banner

Also evry1 can read fine…… U make thangs hard “to read” when ur gramur is bad…….. and this makes ur posts confused……… So the meaning of ur post is lost.

The hypocrisy in your posts is real

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

of you’re banner

Was kind of intentional. If he is going to complain about how everyone is commenting on his grammar when it really is bad that’s kind of what happens. Also I don’t think I agree that he is a non native English speaker. If he is I would understand more but I think he would have also mentioned that earlier. Also most non native English speakers don’t use abbreviations like: u, ur, ppl.

Anyway now that I think about it, I’m not so sure he just isn’t trolling by what he is trying to convey. So I’m out.

Enigma.3148

so this is what bothers people? me saying ppl instead of people? or u instead you…this is what ruined your reading adventure??
syrsly..oops…seriously, i didnt oops..did not know everyone is Harvard university graduates.
i just write it like this cause…because, as you can see i had a lot to say,so if their is a words that i could write them as shortcuts…why not. so sorry for offended your high education.also the dots is the way i express when i pause the sentence and getting back to it…dats my way to write. so biggggg soooorrrryyy for offended all the professors that play guild wars 2.arena net should be proud to have this high quality people among us the common people!!!
and no i DID NOT said I AM better then any elementalist guardian thief or w/e…YOU ARE taking my words out of context. so i guess ur among the ppl who cant read but THAT IS ok.
what i meant before that although their is an elementalist in ur party,it doesnt mean that you just got your self the ultimate party to compete and maybe Complete the dungeon with a world record.what i am saying is…from my experience i saw players who going zerker meta build.but do weird things such as camp earth on staff auto attack…use arcane wave as part of the fighting system…(maybe he was out of the game that much that he does not know that the trait got nerf…but shhhh)
but on the other hand u could have another profession that could “save the day” and tribute a lot more to you,to the party and to himself as individual.
but i don’t get it…the post was basically about people who don’t use their builds right…even if they are not zerkers and play what ever build they made off,they still don’t do they role as they intended…and i try to more focusing about game mechanics…so even that the “play how i want player” will tribute the team when needed like blasts and all the examples that i gave earlier.
this discussion was suppose to be more efficient and to improve new/vets that still not familiar with fields,tactics,and professions roles in dungeons fractels…
but most of you ruined it with your pesky complains about my dots and me write with shortcuts. you are a really sad PPL!!!!!!!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

of you’re banner

Was kind of intentional. If he is going to complain about how everyone is commenting on his grammar when it really is bad that’s kind of what happens. Also I don’t think I agree that he is a non native English speaker. If he is I would understand more but I think he would have also mentioned that earlier. Also most non native English speakers don’t use abbreviations like: u, ur, ppl.

Anyway now that I think about it, I’m not so sure he just isn’t trolling by what he is trying to convey. So I’m out.

???

I’m no native speaker either, do I have to mention it in front of every post? No.
You need to stop crying. Yes his posts are, admittedly, rather difficult to read but for kittens sake they are not impossible to read and ESPECIALLY native english speakers should have no issues with it if someone like me, who isn’t one, can read it without having too much trouble.
That being said, yeah he could improve his writing style, but I’ve seen so much worse.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

this discussion was suppose to be more efficient and to improve new/vets that still not familiar with fields,tactics,and professions roles in dungeons fractels…
but most of you ruined it with your pesky complains about my dots and me write with shortcuts. you are a really sad PPL!!!!!!!

Well, of course we ‘ruined’ it. It’s really difficult to take anyone seriously who doesn’t attempt to make use of proper grammar/spelling. At this point we have no idea if you’re just being lazy or trolling, and that’s distracting enough to derail the entire purpose of the thread.

If you’re wanting us to make an effort helping you in reaching out to others who are less familiar with game mechanics it’s not at all unreasonable to ask for some effort on your part when it comes to the format of your thread. At the very least, you’ll have more people who take you more seriously or even read the entirety of your posts. We’re not asking for novel quality, but complete words (rather than shorthand) and less dots are simple enough.

(edited by savacli.8172)

bladex.9502

Well, of course we ‘ruined’ it. It’s really difficult to take anyone seriously who doesn’t attempt to make use of proper grammar/spelling. At this point we have no idea if you’re just being lazy or trolling, and that’s distracting enough to derail the entire purpose of the thread.

If you’re wanting us to make an effort helping you in reaching out to others who are less familiar with game mechanics it’s not at all unreasonable to ask for some effort on your part when it comes to the format of your thread. At the very least, you’ll have more people who take you more seriously or even read the entirety of your posts.

So someone that lives in a country where it isn’t common to speak English isn’t allowed to post on these forums?
I’m not even a native English speaker myself and I can understand his posts perfectly fine.

Its sad that you people manage to completely ignore the content of a post just because the grammar isn’t up to your standards, either that or you’re just illiterate

thrag.9740

Banners slow you down a lot tho, and you can easily do 2 blasts with warhorn and longbow, maybe even a third one with stomp if you really need it.
There is almost never a need for swiftness supply from a banner, a warrior with quick breathing and an ele spamming staff air 4 off cd will keep your team at permanent swiftness, and that isn’t even needed if statics are used.
If you are talking from an organised group point of view there is no need to carry banners other than them not being off CD for the next boss, and pugs wont even pick up your banner in the first place

And the getting stuck in combat is a bad excuse, just learn the range of your blasts and know not to use them when there is kitten that will reveal you near

Banners don’t slow a necro down at all. I am not saying this is a tactic you should use commonly. But say 2 friends in teamspeak join a pug. If one is war, and one is necro there is viability there. In fact banners speed a necro up via banner 4 (although not much).

Taking quick breathing means you sacrifice empowered. Granted this is probably only 3 to 5% dps loss. Unless your going to be trait swapping while running. In a pug you get pulled into combat unexpectedly.

Ele spamming air 4 is good. But remember it has a very small range. A class like necro who may get a few steps behind the ele, and then boom, no swiftness for the necro.

Getting stuck in combat is a bad excuse. But it is a real occurrence in a pug. Maybe a ranger forgot to put pet passive, or maybe the thief dropped black powder in a bad spot. Hell, somewhere in this forum we recently talked about how dredge die and leave a hit box behind. Somehow, sometimes players get put in combat. Drop banner + banner 5 are 2 blasts you can always use safely.

Jerus.4350

So someone that lives in a country where it isn’t common to speak English isn’t allowed to post on these forums?
I’m not even a native English speaker myself and I can understand his posts perfectly fine.

Its sad that you people manage to completely ignore the content of a post just because the grammar isn’t up to your standards, either that or you’re just illiterate

As I said in my first post I agree with the content of the first post. I made the other comment as I do agree with the content but it was a pain to pull it out of that brick wall formatting.

I’ve always said there are authors who I love their story and authors who’s writing I enjoy. Piers Anthony I can read all day because I just enjoy the style, it’s easy to read and understand. Then there’s The Great Gatsby which I couldn’t stand reading but I thought the story was solid. Atlas shrugged is another that I just finished but god, she repeats herself 6 times every time she wants to make a point.

Anyways, if you’re trying to make a point being concise is helpful. Structuring your writing makes it easier to read as it flows better. And, I make these comments not as a complaint but as a suggestion.

bladex.9502

Banners don’t slow a necro down at all. I am not saying this is a tactic you should use commonly. But say 2 friends in teamspeak join a pug. If one is war, and one is necro there is viability there. In fact banners speed a necro up via banner 4 (although not much).

Taking quick breathing means you sacrifice empowered. Granted this is probably only 3 to 5% dps loss. Unless your going to be trait swapping while running. In a pug you get pulled into combat unexpectedly.

Ele spamming air 4 is good. But remember it has a very small range. A class like necro who may get a few steps behind the ele, and then boom, no swiftness for the necro.

Getting stuck in combat is a bad excuse. But it is a real occurrence in a pug. Maybe a ranger forgot to put pet passive, or maybe the thief dropped black powder in a bad spot. Hell, somewhere in this forum we recently talked about how dredge die and leave a hit box behind. Somehow, sometimes players get put in combat. Drop banner + banner 5 are 2 blasts you can always use safely.

Well in absolute perfectly optimized situations it might provide a slight mobility bonus, but I don’t think the OP was referring to tactically using banners for mobility, but rather wasting them to blast and then just letting them stand there while you run.
In my hundredths, if not thousands of pug runs I have never seen someone use a banner for mobility, but I have seen lots of warriors randomly throwing a banner down in a smoke/static field and then having them on cooldown at the boss

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

Also people have no idea what’s META. They all say meta while i see longbow/rifle warriors who doesn’t give might at all or some p/p thieves and also eles that have no idea how to use skills to skip to certain points like at aether fractal with lightning flash and cleansing. Also eles have no clue what is the glyph of elemental is for. People haven o idea how to switch weapons or don’t have or don’t care about team at all and drag ’em down, making the run longer and more fights.

For all who doesn’t know what meta is, it’s not about build if build it should be MEBA not META. META=Most Efficient Tactics Available which you’ll never see in a LFG pug run because they have no clue about Most Efficient Tactics Available, they all jsut range brainlessly and let the shaman get more than 3 add phase. FYI you can do shaman at 50 with 1 add phase and nuke his kitten and be over and don’t tell me it’s risky because it’s not if the entire group knows what to do.

Draco.9480

No offense but this is too much of a pain to read.
I mean typing like this is fine in normal chatting but if you plan on writting a novel on a forum then you should use proper grammar and formatting else 70% of people won’t read it.

who cares, he’s trying to make a point

Enigma.3148

swiftness can be given by guard as well…and no not the staff skill but “retreat”…and this is when u all in a big mess and for some reason cant stack swiftness with static field…which is the right way to do it…that way u know how much time of swiftness you have on your own and that apply to the rest of the party…so you will know when your party will need another help with it! stacking with banner is just wrong…because, you might get into the next fight with no banner at all…just because you sacrifice it for 1-2 lame blasts…look…elementalist have the access to alot of blasting skills that input in their weapon…which means u dont have to waste any skill such as banner or stomp for a blast…it doesnt make sense!
and you know what lets say u do reach the fight with your banner in your hand’s…how long you think it will last until you will kill the boss…
and if its a good thief that had to carry the people,soon as he see things are getting out of hand,he could change quick to blinding powder and blast it with your blackpowder,
that will buy u extra stealth without getting revealed. and if the party is really badly needed longer duration of stealth because u lack of blasts the thief could trait himself to longer duration stealth…its really simple to change 1 click at “shadow arts” no need to trait anything its in the mini traits…so you see you have lots of lots skills or opportunities to do/use but you insist on using ur banner as a simple stick to blast things…

Draco.9480

totally wrong if you play with your warr like this. each black powder I blast once with my warr no matter what. wh5, bow3, wh5, bow3 and etc…..
Necro/mes/guard can blast as well.
That what crix was talking about, knowing your class.
And don’t tell me only staff and UW weapons have the blasts. there are 3 more blasts for necro without the weapons and 2 of ’em are pretty short cd. mes on the other hand can only blast first and 3rd black powders only.

Jerus.4350

totally wrong if you play with your warr like this. each black powder I blast once with my warr no matter what. wh5, bow3, wh5, bow3 and etc…..
And don’t tell me only staff and UW weapons have the blasts. there are 3 more blasts for necro without the weapons and 2 of ’em are pretty short cd. mes on the other hand can only blast first and 3rd black powders only.

You made me look it up http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_finisher Only seeing 3 total on Necro, Putrid Mark which requires an enemy to trigger. Necrotic Traversal which is not bad bu 32s reuse not the greatest. And then the 20s 2 charge Bone Minions that blast at their location making them a pain to use for a black powder but possible. I was searching for the 4th but couldn’t find it, is there something I missed?

Draco.9480

You made me look it up http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_finisher Only seeing 3 total on Necro, Putrid Mark which requires an enemy to trigger. Necrotic Traversal which is not bad bu 32s reuse not the greatest. And then the 20s 2 charge Bone Minions that blast at their location making them a pain to use for a black powder but possible. I was searching for the 4th but couldn’t find it, is there something I missed?

Look at utilities maybe. necro can summon 2 bone minions and the cd is very short, he can explode each one of ’em, each explosion is a blast and also a wurm with higher cd but you set it a bit before. you looked at the wrong page mate. You blast once with bone minion, 2nd bp once again, 3rd is wurm and 4th the bone minion is recharged already.

thrag.9740

I think I did not clearly convey what I was talking about. 90% of the time, war should just stick to warhorn 5 and lonbow 3 for stealth blasts. I am referring to a more situational type of strategy. For example, say in arah p2, someone gets downed right on top of enemies, and the thief drops smokescreen/blackpowder and uses blinding powder to try to res. War can drop 3 blasts in that powder, giving vital time to res and avoid a wipe, and still have banner ready for boss.

Draco.9480

I think I did not clearly convey what I was talking about. 90% of the time, war should just stick to warhorn 5 and lonbow 3 for stealth blasts. I am referring to a more situational type of strategy. For example, say in arah p2, someone gets downed right on top of enemies, and the thief drops smokescreen/blackpowder and uses blinding powder to try to res. War can drop 3 blasts in that powder, giving vital time to res and avoid a wipe, and still have banner ready for boss.

why would someone die if everyone does right? even if dies drop a sr becase most of the blasts can damage and reveal so wasting banners on a dead person would be a waste just let him wp and run by himself.

Enigma.3148

the black powder itself can hit the enemies xDDD..so maybe your warbanner wont hit them but the pistol will..it does slight dmg which can revealed you!
a smart thief…will set shadow refuge on his skills just for an emergency cases such as 1 of your party m8s is downed that is more the right way do to imo

Jerus.4350

Look at utilities maybe. necro can summon 2 bone minions and the cd is very short, he can explode each one of ’em, each explosion is a blast and also a wurm with higher cd but you set it a bit before. you looked at the wrong page mate. You blast once with bone minion, 2nd bp once again, 3rd is wurm and 4th the bone minion is recharged already.

Wasn’t looking at any wrong page mate. I took your “3 more blasts” comment to mean 3 more skills with blast finishers, not just 3 more blasts my bad mate.

thrag.9740

why would someone die if everyone does right? even if dies drop a sr becase most of the blasts can damage and reveal so wasting banners on a dead person would be a waste just let him wp and run by himself.

lol im sorry, are we not talking about pugs? Yes, because clearly someone bad enough to get revealed can make the solo run.

the black powder itself can hit the enemies xDDD..so maybe your warbanner wont hit them but the pistol will..it does slight dmg which can revealed you!
a smart thief…will set shadow refuge on his skills just for an emergency cases such as 1 of your party m8s is downed that is more the right way do to imo

Ofc SR is better, but what is more likely to be off cd? That is why I mentioned black powder

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

@ OP

This is an honest attempt to respectfully reply to your post without trolling, though you make it very hard to resist the desire to do so.

Firstly, you are correct in saying that everyone has a right to enjoy playing the game how they choose as long as they are not infringing upon the rights of others. What you seem to be forgetting however, is that everyone also has the right to choose who they want to spend their time playing the game with which is (one reason) why I am baffled by your post.

If you end up in a party with a person whom you do not enjoy playing with because of how they play their character, you have a variety of mature responses to select from: 1) just make a quick and dignified exit by stating that you have to go while thanking them on the way out; 2) just finish the run, thank them for their time, and add them to your block list so that you know not to run with them again in the future; 3) or better yet, you could even make the effort to help them to improve their game by whispering them (don’t use public chat) and present them with your knowledge about the game in a respectful tone, making it clear that you are not trying to “tell” them how to play as people do not respond well to being “told” what to do (in this context).

Lastly, I think you need to keep in mind that many people simply don’t take video games as seriously as you clear do. Many are just logging on to mess around for a bit of fun, and could not care less if they are doing things in the most optimal manner possible. Also, keep in mind that if you are pugging, you may be playing with people who are just starting to learn the dungeon and thus, are not aware of the dungeon’s mechanics or may not be use to playing as part of a group. Even if their AP is high, it does not necessarily mean that they have a history of running dungeons. In addition, some players may have some form of person challenge that makes playing the game far more difficult for them than it is for you such as a vision impairment, motor deterioration, mental health issues, age, excreta. For example, I use to play with a guy that only had one arm. To summarize, you have to understand and accept that not everyone is going to be capable of, or have the motivation, to play the game at your skill level. No amount of raging will change this fact. Either learn to accept people for who they are and help them become better players in a respectful way, or just respectfully decline to play with them.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

well…sad thing that u all miss the point and more focusing om my grammar…

The sad part is that you don’t understand why it’s important and how it relates to people’s inability to read your post. I honestly tried and got lost in your lack of punctuation and proper structure; it matters. If you have a point, you’ve buried it. Please rewrite that if you have something worthwhile to say.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Jerus.4350

well…sad thing that u all miss the point and more focusing om my grammar…

The sad part is that you don’t understand why it’s important and how it relates to people’s inability to read your post. I honestly tried and got lost in your lack of punctuation and proper structure; it matters. If you have a point, you’ve buried it. Please rewrite that if you have something worthwhile to say.

No need to, Novaan summed it up perfectly (I think?). But, yes making your point easy to understand is something you should strive to do if you want people to understand. I mean otherwise why try in the first place?

Enigma.3148

@ OP
No amount of raging will change this fact. Either learn to accept people for who they are and help them become better players in a respectful way, or just respectfully decline to play with them.

1st of all…i am exhausted to refer about my grammar,some people actually made it without any problem,don’t need to be any genius in English because i was talked in a more common language such as summarizing the some words which you all perfectly understood but still persist to been pesky about it.
i think everyone who said that, he is a patronize that think this language is not respectful enough for his eyes to read.not hard to understand that u is you etc,my English is on a high level speaking,but big deal i make dots as a pause and make some shortcuts on some words…this is not a poem…or a love romance for god sake…so stop making a huge fuzz about it!!
anyway i wont refer about it anymore…take it or leave it!!!
i agree almost on everything you said…BUT,the people you just mentioned are the minor population of players that actually have some problems,i totally get that.
but the majority of people who are running dungeons and even request on their so called Exp lfg…“Exp ppl ping gear 10k fail and u will kick”!
those are the people i actually meant through this whole post (if you were not busy looking for any mistakes in my grammar just because some kittened people before say that, you might had noticed that). people been more toxic,even if i talked nicely and add emotes such as XD etc…i still get a hateful answers,this post made of frustration after been kicked from a parties that all i was saying please can u do that or that…did not say anything about skills or builds or u should play like this or that…all i was saying is “use with what u have to help me help us” (in other words).

bladex.9502

If you end up in a party with a person whom you do not enjoy playing with because of how they play their character, you have a variety of mature responses to select from: 1) just make a quick and dignified exit by stating that you have to go while thanking them on the way out; 2) just finish the run, thank them for their time, and add them to your block list so that you know not to run with them again in the future; 3) or better yet, you could even make the effort to help them to improve their game by whispering them (don’t use public chat) and present them with your knowledge about the game in a respectful tone, making it clear that you are not trying to “tell” them how to play as people do not respond well to being “told” what to do (in this context).

Lastly, I think you need to keep in mind that many people simply don’t take video games as seriously as you clear do. Many are just logging on to mess around for a bit of fun, and could not care less if they are doing things in the most optimal manner possible. Also, keep in mind that if you are pugging, you may be playing with people who are just starting to learn the dungeon and thus, are not aware of the dungeon’s mechanics or may not be use to playing as part of a group. Even if their AP is high, it does not necessarily mean that they have a history of running dungeons. In addition, some players may have some form of person challenge that makes playing the game far more difficult for them than it is for you such as a vision impairment, motor deterioration, mental health issues, age, excreta. For example, I use to play with a guy that only had one arm. To summarize, you have to understand and accept that not everyone is going to be capable of, or have the motivation, to play the game at your skill level. No amount of raging will change this fact. Either learn to accept people for who they are and help them become better players in a respectful way, or just respectfully decline to play with them.

As much as I agree with this, I think there are some things that don’t apply to the OP’s situation.
If I join a party that simply states the path name and nothing else, I don’t care what builds people are running, if they are using potions or if they are blasting or not, because it was never a requirement for them to do so.
But the problem the OP, me and many others are dealing with is those exact people you describe joining LFGs that ask for experienced people (or possibly other demands written in a LFG advertisement), while those people are not.
Regardless of their situation, they didn’t respect the demands of the people in that group.

I honestly don’t understand why they would want to join such an LFG with the possibility of them being judged.
I recently made a guard that I’m not completely comfortable playing with yet, so I simply just don’t join any LFG that expects things from me, because I’m not certain if I can accomplish those things, and I respect the people that made that LFG’s demands.
Even if people put stupid things like AP requirements, or specifically looking for guards to oneshot lupi, or pulling mossman underwater, I just ignore them, because it is their right to do so, and I should respect their demands, even if I don’t support such things.

If people would just join or make LFGs that fit their own level of play, there would be a lot less conflicts, and no need for posts like this

Hope you are able to understand my post, even tho I don’t write fluent English at Harvard standards

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

It’s a well known fact that there are many wannabes who copy paste builds from metabattle or DnT and then fail to play them properly, blaming everyone but themself. And if I understand you correct, those are the people you are talking about.

And your quest to reach out to them and theach them the errors of their way to change their mind is a noble one, but you have to ask yourself if your method to do that is suitable.
I had no problem reading your text and I feel no hate towards you for omitting words or adding to many full stops. But on the other hand, I am not really your target, am I? It’s true that kicking a good necro for a bad elementalist is a bad idea, but why are you telling ME this of all people?
The audience you seek is much more likely to dismiss your message for it’s bad presentation, and while this is a stupid thing to do, you have to expect it when you’re trying to talk to stupid people.

To conclude: while your right, I higly doubt that you’ll change anyones mind, either because they already overall agree with you or because your message won’t reach them.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

as a casual I can’t play how I want: I enjoy condition builds and I want to run 2-3 dungeons / day.
Can I join with a condi ranger? no, I usually get insta kicked.
Condi thief? no, it’s pretty bad and cannot kill objects fast enough.

Outside of the META there are not many options available for a player that wants to pug.

lately most groups ask for 2x ele anyway, so yeah… balance all the way.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

no, I usually get insta kicked.

I play a condi mes in dungeons more than I’d like to admit. The key is to make your own lfg with a description clear enough to attract like-minded players. I have never been kicked from those runs, even with my 700 AP. If you’re getting kicked then there is a problem, most likely with you and not whoever kicked you.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

thats odd I do all welcome or just p1 p2 p3 full run party all the time and have no problem getting them filled as a ranger.

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

as a casual I can’t play how I want: I enjoy condition builds and I want to run 2-3 dungeons / day.
Can I join with a condi ranger? no, I usually get insta kicked.
Condi thief? no, it’s pretty bad and cannot kill objects fast enough.

Outside of the META there are not many options available for a player that wants to pug.

lately most groups ask for 2x ele anyway, so yeah… balance all the way.

I used to 8-15 dungeon runs pr. day (have not done that many the last month for rl reasons), and did 2 kinds of runs.

1) lgf deskriptions like, “P1” “full run” “all welcome” etc. and from this kind of party’s I have NEVER seen anyone being kicked for running a non optimal setup. (I have seen people kicked for actick racist etc in party chat, or for dc’s that lasted 5+ min. or for simelar things but I dont think that is what we are talking about here)

2) lfg deskriptions like, “Full run, ZERKER” “P1 meta” etc. and in this kind of groups I have several times seen people getting kicked before the run/on join or evn up to about 25% into the run for running pure staff guard, staff mesmer, scepter necro etc.

Imo both are fair, if you join a party with a “80, ZERK” deskription and dont run zerk, then naturally you will get kicked, but then again why are you joining? Even if it is silly to kick a good player for running a non optimal dmg build. If someone make a lfg with that kind of deskription, then respect the choice they have made and dont join..

And now someone will naturally say that I am a elitist or some other word, and I really dont care, I believe it is a game and I also believe that there is no reason to strip others of whatever part of said game they find injoyable.
it being running meta speedruns, semi zerk runs or ultra non meta runs, find likeminded people by using lfg.. its easy.