profession meta ranking

profession meta ranking

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

in terms of dps, whats the order of classes for runs now days, post spec patch?
I know Mesmer does a lot more than it did, but still not super deeps. Obv Ele and Thief are top two, but where does everyone else fall?

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Tier 1
Elementalist
Engineer

Tier 2
Guardian
Thief
Warrior

Tier 3
Necromancer
Ranger
Mesmer

profession meta ranking

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Classes are generally not chosen for DPS but for utility but the ranking goes something like this

top tier : ele thief engi depending on length of the fight
med tier: guard warrior ranger
bottom tier: mesmer

I haven’t done any exact numbers on this so I cant 100% guarantee it to be right and depending on the scaling it can be different.

For just normal Dungeonruns most Groups still run 2x ele war guard thief as tihs groupcomp covers most offensive and defensive needs as well as out of combat mobility.

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It varies a lot depending on the the bosses and whether or not it’s solo or a group.

There aren’t any bosses that stay alive for a long enough time for sustained damage to matter as much as burst, so eles tend to be at the top in that regard due to many reasons with ice bow being the biggest. If it’s sustained DPS and if permanent fury and banners are assumed I would probably wager thief would be the highest DPS unless it’s a big hitbox enemy or something like that, which ele would for sure be the best.

Not 100% sure but I would guess the order in groups would be:

thief, ele, engineer, warrior, guardian, ranger, mesmer/necro

Solo setting however, I would say that if it’s just straight up damage against a medium armored boss that doesn’t require excessive defensive utility….

ele, engineer, warrior, thief, ranger, guard, mesmer/necro

Don’t know enough about mesmer/necro DPS to compare them properly, I think mesmer’s DPS varies too much depending on the boss mechanics.

profession meta ranking

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Necro has better vuln and might upkeep than mesmer and is generally better without reflect damage. Mesmer damage, burst and cleave are terrible when it comes to classic tank and spank.

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It varies a lot depending on the the bosses and whether or not it’s solo or a group.

There aren’t any bosses that stay alive for a long enough time for sustained damage to matter as much as burst, so eles tend to be at the top in that regard due to many reasons with ice bow being the biggest. If it’s sustained DPS and if permanent fury and banners are assumed I would probably wager thief would be the highest DPS unless it’s a big hitbox enemy or something like that, which ele would for sure be the best.

Not 100% sure but I would guess the order in groups would be:

thief, ele, engineer, warrior, guardian, ranger, mesmer/necro

Solo setting however, I would say that if it’s just straight up damage against a medium armored boss that doesn’t require excessive defensive utility….

ele, engineer, warrior, thief, ranger, guard, mesmer/necro

Don’t know enough about mesmer/necro DPS to compare them properly, I think mesmer’s DPS varies too much depending on the boss mechanics.

What is Thief DPS in a group? Apparently Ele is sitting at 17-27k depending on hitbox from numbers I’ve seen from Maths people. Engi is 17kish on power. Does a Thief beat that? I’d imagine they’re up there and certainly have plenty of uses making them very very worthwhile, just curious where they’re at for potential.

profession meta ranking

IrisTheCasual.3742

What is the common ground for comparison?

From my experience, engi DPS is lower than the theoretical number by a bit on a moving target, thief doesn’t have this problem. On a deep frozen target, thief still wins by holding the icebow.

I wish my DPS-meter didn’t break so I could actually screenshot the number.

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What is the common ground for comparison?

From my experience, engi DPS is lower than the theoretical number by a bit on a moving target, thief doesn’t have this problem. On a deep frozen target, thief still wins by holding the icebow.

I wish my DPS-meter didn’t break so I could actually screenshot the number.

Totally agree, I’m always just curious on the on paper theoretical, practical knowledge is incredibly hard to talk about and capture. So many variables. As you said Thief is awesome with Ice Bow in hand, which is certainly something to consider. Engi drops fast as targets move out of Acid bomb for instance. So, you’re right, but I’m curious.

profession meta ranking

Purple Miku.7032

What is Thief DPS in a group? Apparently Ele is sitting at 17-27k depending on hitbox from numbers I’ve seen from Maths people. Engi is 17kish on power. Does a Thief beat that? I’d imagine they’re up there and certainly have plenty of uses making them very very worthwhile, just curious where they’re at for potential.

This is burst damage that you’re talking about, it drops below that after the initial burst. Meteor shower and ice bows have long cooldowns.

I don’t have numbers to give because all situations vary so much, but if it’s a tiny boss or a medium sized boss and it has infinite hp and there’s no dodging or anything needed I think a thief would be either slightly ahead or probably equal to ele over time.

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Correct me if I’m wrong, I always thought mesmer’s personal DPS ranking depends hugely on the length of the fight. If it’s short (most of the time if you’re 5-manning), then mesmer’s obviously gonna end up pretty bad due to the phantasm build-up time, but the longer the fight (solos or pug runs), the better will mesmer end up because all those initial skill activation times will get lost in a few minute long fight. Of course you’ll never be able to reach ele-level dps, but I think given the optimal conditions, mesmers could even outDPS rangers or guards (no maths, just my guess).

profession meta ranking

Azure.8670

Correct me if I’m wrong, I always thought mesmer’s personal DPS ranking depends hugely on the length of the fight. If it’s short (most of the time if you’re 5-manning), then mesmer’s obviously gonna end up pretty bad due to the phantasm build-up time, but the longer the fight (solos or pug runs), the better will mesmer end up because all those initial skill activation times will get lost in a few minute long fight. Of course you’ll never be able to reach ele-level dps, but I think given the optimal conditions, mesmers could even outDPS rangers or guards (no maths, just my guess).

This is actually why I made this post. I keep seeing people talking about how weak mesmer is, but I remember pre patch numbers said based on phantasm strength and length of battle mesmer dps can be much higher. I don’t see how mesmer dps is lower than necro or ranger.

profession meta ranking

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t see how mesmer dps is lower than necro or ranger.

Have you seen condi ranger? It’s pretty good, same with condi guard now thanks to how OP burning is.

Mesmer can in some cases be way faster DPS than some other classes but it’s really situational that’s why I didn’t put it very high because sometimes it can be good and sometimes awful.

For example monsieur Sanderinoa solod bloomhunger recently in one of his videos at ~3:41, which is comparable to that of warrior time. Try doing a mesmer korga solo though, it will make you wish you had ebola.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Try doing a mesmer korga solo though, it will make you wish you had ebola.

I can confirm this. Though Miku, you’re forgetting that it was a condi solo, which is much, much worse than it would usually have been :P

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

profession meta ranking

Purple Miku.7032

I still wish I recorded it for the memories, especially the part where he rushed off into the sunset and reset to full hp at literally 3% remaining hp…

profession meta ranking

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

I still wish I recorded it for the memories, especially the part where he rushed off into the sunset and reset to full hp at literally 3% remaining hp…

kek

very special guild tag [tX]

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Wow, dodd is taking over my job at kittenposting

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

profession meta ranking

doddbox.8153

profession meta ranking

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

> 2014+1
> not thinking of your own kittenposts

do you even try?

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

profession meta ranking

doddbox.8153

> 2014+1
> not thinking of your own kittenposts

do you even try?

back in my scene days i tried to battle fursonas

profession meta ranking

IrisTheCasual.3742

This is actually why I made this post. I keep seeing people talking about how weak mesmer is, but I remember pre patch numbers said based on phantasm strength and length of battle mesmer dps can be much higher. I don’t see how mesmer dps is lower than necro or ranger.

You said it yourself. It’s entirely depending on how you can keep your phantasms alive. Bosses like Subject Alpha, Old Tom, Svanirgandr will reduce mesmer dps to sword/sword only and it’s not even funny.

Also, you haven’t seen condi ranger’s burst or power ranger’s sustain DPS? They are much much better with the vuln/fury/modifiers upkeep. Also I like to note that if a class has burst, the fight is likely to be shorter – especially in group fights when you can burst with full buffs.

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

profession meta ranking

Azure.8670

I actually haven’t seen condi ranger in action. Sigh…. I see less and less reason to use my mesmer

profession meta ranking

IrisTheCasual.3742

If you use mesmer for purely DPS, well, it’s gonna be disappointing…

profession meta ranking

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

best profession meta tank is necro.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious