quickest way to gear?

quickest way to gear?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: themightysurt.5148

themightysurt.5148

hiya! so i finally hit 80 on my guardian and now i’m in need of gear. Soldier’s gear to be exact. I am trying to decide which dungeon would be fastest to get the gear? i can do AC, SE, or HoTW. I already have SE legs because i want them for my final look. Doing some simple math i need 1080 tokens, and assuming I get 69 tokens/run it will take 16 runs.

So my question is, which one of these three dungeons would be least painful?

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

The link in my signature, no.7 and no.9, I’d prepare for the worst if I were you

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I wanted to say something evil and abrasive but, but… I’m so tired right now. Halp, guyz.

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id recommend getting some beserker gear so you can speedrun to get those tokens to get some soldier gear more quickly. Then realise soldier gear is not worth it and use those tokens for something else.

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

AC path 1 and 3, SE path 1 and 3, and HOTW path 1 are alll comparable length, and you should have no problem finding a group for those daily. But I would suggest just getting berserker gear once you learn the basics of how to play, you’ll be a much better player in the long run and less of a drag on your dungeon teams.

Retired. Too many casuals.

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Now hang on here, he might be wanting to gear himself up for WvW which is why he’s calculating exactly how many runs it’ll take.
If this is the case, then I recommend AC p1+3, SE p1+3, HotW p1.
If this isn’t the case, then please change your mind to Berserker gear.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

quickest way to gear?

themightysurt.5148

The whole reason i want soldier’s gear is because i intend for my guardian to be a support/tankier build. The reason i calculated how many runs i need is because i am a numbers guy and it is just easier for me. I also did not break down exactly because it was 15.7… and that isn’t really possible. I know berserker gear is some of the best gear in the game but that is not what I want.

However, i will take your advice, smith myself some berzerker gear and go from there. I suppose i should also talk to some guild mates and see their support guardian builds.

Thanks for all the help guys

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Except … you can’t tank in this game. And you can support just as well (if not better) in berserker than you will in soldier.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

quickest way to gear?

Dolan.3071

Yeah you support your team better by maximising DPS. It makes encounters quicker so there’s less chance of messing up a dodge or running out of ‘get out of jail free cards’ like reflects and Aegis. Also speed killing mobs lets you cheese past most of their attacks, like defeating the Howling King before any gravelings spawn, or Colossus before any rocks drop.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Id recommend getting some beserker gear so you can speedrun to get those tokens to get some soldier gear more quickly. Then realise soldier gear is not worth it and use those tokens for something else.

Ditto.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Remember that soldier gear can be bought with Karma from the temples.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

Listen to everyone, get zerker gear if you consider yourself a semi-decent player. Since this is your first alt, it’ll probably hurt a little bit in the beginning but you’ll learn to play.
If you get PVT and are actually a good player, you’ll just think dungeons are long and boring.
Not to mention, you can get zerker gears through the easiest dungeons in the game, CoE and CoF.
If you buy some MF gear today btw, tomorrow’s patch will let you switch to zerker gear so if you have money, buy cheap MF gear. You can’t sell converted gear but can use it for your alts. That’s what I did as I have 8 alts and some aren’t on zerker.
Lastly, $10 gets you 30 gold I think in game nowadays in a legit way. That should also sort you out nicely.

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Soldier gear is WvW stuff. Period.

As long as you’re looking to playing PvE, +1 on above posts.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Guardian support comes in the form of boons, reflects, line/circle of warding. All which can be done as a zerker. Knights is a good middle set between PVT and zerker for learning the ropes. Since you are already running the dungeons (and thus learning the encounters), it’s just cheaper and faster to get zerker from the get go.
If you do insist on PVT, you are better off buying them with karma from the Orr temples.

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

If you got a ton of Badges of Honor (which most do from Achievement chests) then spend them in WvW! You’ll get for a few gold + BoH a whole set. It might not be the prettiest at first, but at least you’ll have the stats.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

quickest way to gear?

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

You can buy 4 pieces of heavy armor gear on temple of melandru, the boots you can buy on temple of Lyssa, only the soldiers helm is not avaliable on the temples.

And temple of melandru’s event is easy to complete, it shouldn’t be hard to find it open, and the temple’s heavy armor skin is pretty nice.

quickest way to gear?

themightysurt.5148

Thanks for all the feedback. I already found a few builds that i like that either use full zerker or a majority. I plan on testing these builds out over the next week and seeing which ones best fit my play style.

quickest way to gear?

Dolan.3071

My god. Someone who listened to us and didn’t just go all “I H8 BASURKERZ GEER I ALWAIZ CARRIE TEH BADDIEZ WERIN ZORKER GEER, I PLAE HAO I WANT!!11!1”

Am impressed.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]