raid selling. own lfg, right?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

its hard to find pug raids, so i keep the lfg open all the time when i looking. but i cant always keep it as minimized as id like but there’s always 3 or 4 groups selling.

are people that bad that they don’t want to learn and need to buy bosses that frequently?

how often do you’ll selling get buyers?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

prob those same ppl that buy lvl 100 cm run for literally yes – 100g

always makes me cry when i see these posts in-game. If u ever wonder how low a skill lvl u can expect of average casual player.. unfortunately this is it

it’s funny but arah path took roughly same time as 100 cm does, once upon a time. only arah paths went for like ~4g a pop, which was hella lot cheaper lol

I dunno what’s wrong with majority of this playerbase tbh. nothing I ever learn anymore abt them shocks me, bc i have such low low expectations and bad opinions of every pug I come across to even begin with.. well now ya know doncha

PS how do u think I felt when i 1st learned raid wing prices – esp for xera and stuff? rhetorical ye but shocked senseless would be close to it. if I spend months to scrape by enough gold to craft a legend then I could prob buy one whole wing for a single week for that sum, for grand total of like 3 li. makes me laugh and cry when I think of it xD

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

it’s funny but arah path took roughly same time as 100 cm does, once upon a time. only arah paths went for like ~4g a pop, which was hella lot cheaper lol

arah p4 did go out for ~20g (probably a bit more with the first sellers) per person, also the rest of the paths where originally more like 8 to 10 gold.

the main difference and why u can’t compare those prices to raids is simply just one thing: you need more people to do it which all want to get paid for what they do.
back in the days, u made 22 to 30 gold with selling dungeons (at least in arah)…you had more spots to sell.

so right now, the prices are not that much off per person. if you go by 180g thats 22,5 gold per player. many even sell for less, like when dungeons got cheaper, so yeah, the price is basically the same, just you have to pay more players, thus it is more expensive then buying a normal dungeon way.

i can tell you that many buyers just want to get a kill once. other ones do not want to bother with raids but still want the rewards, so they pay.
we also had some who said they just want to see us play and also raiders.
then there are also the people who absolutly want the achievements but can’t make it themselfes, so they straight up buy them.

there are many reasons why people buy raids, not just because “they are bad”.
looking at the lfg, it is absolutly not that full with raid groups and sellers, that there is the need for a different tab for raid selling.
i mean, 4 selling guys and lets say 7 squads in the really high activity times…that is pretty much nothing and easy to overlook.

on the other hand, the lfr section is sometimes pretty full and i have the feeling no raid group is ever looking into that one or those people who could make their own squad do want to take the lead.
there should be a bit more awarness on that tab, the other one is fine.

@nagr: your story is so heartbreaking, i am in tears.
but really, do you want to buy a raid? i heard people have ways to see if other fake their LI?
LUL

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Posted by: kazafz.6780

kazafz.6780

@nagr: your story is so heartbreaking, i am in tears.
but really, do you want to buy a raid? i heard people have ways to see if other fake their LI?
LUL

Ouchhhh

Kazuals Only

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

always makes me cry when i see these posts in-game. If u ever wonder how low a skill lvl u can expect of average casual player.. unfortunately this is it

I dunno what’s wrong with majority of this playerbase tbh. nothing I ever learn anymore abt them shocks me, bc i have such low low expectations and bad opinions of every pug I come across to even begin with.. well now ya know doncha

PS how do u think I felt when i 1st learned raid wing prices – esp for xera and stuff? rhetorical ye but shocked senseless would be close to it. if I spend months to scrape by enough gold to craft a legend then I could prob buy one whole wing for a single week for that sum, for grand total of like 3 li. makes me laugh and cry when I think of it xD

And i guess thats why you go around every forums posting about how you have so many issues with loot and other things? Or how about (as mentioned above), you advise people to fake LI’s?

Maybe the reason the pugs you get are so bad is because they have to carry you? Food for thought.

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m kind of curious about this. Roughly how much gold would it cost for you to pay to get enough crap to make legendary armor? As a purely wvw player, I absolutely detest pve and have no desire to ever do raids. But having stat swapping armor would greatly help in wvw. How much would it cost me if i paid for it so i can just afk while someone else does it for me so i dont have to suffer through all the pve crap?

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

I’m kind of curious about this. Roughly how much gold would it cost for you to pay to get enough crap to make legendary armor? As a purely wvw player, I absolutely detest pve and have no desire to ever do raids. But having stat swapping armor would greatly help in wvw. How much would it cost me if i paid for it so i can just afk while someone else does it for me so i dont have to suffer through all the pve crap?

At the price that we sell for right now to just get the 150 LI’s it would run you roughly ~12,000 gold to buy the current raids weekly at 9 bosses a week, though that would be before discounts.
Some guilds are close but generally that’s about as low as it would get for just the sheer number of boss kills, bare in mind a number of guilds do the underhanded thing of charging more if they don’t like you or because there are so many people buying they jack the price up.

Nikkinella.8254

At the price that we sell for right now to just get the 150 LI’s it would run you roughly ~12,000 gold to buy the current raids weekly at 9 bosses a week, though that would be before discounts.
Some guilds are close but generally that’s about as low as it would get for just the sheer number of boss kills, bare in mind a number of guilds do the underhanded thing of charging more if they don’t like you or because there are so many people buying they jack the price up.

Well, I guess I’m going to have to spend alot of actual cash and convert it to gold for that. Or maybe I’ll just wait and hope they make wvw or pvp legendary armor. That seems ridiculously expensive.

Xcorpdog.2840

Well, I guess I’m going to have to spend alot of actual cash and convert it to gold for that. Or maybe I’ll just wait and hope they make wvw or pvp legendary armor. That seems ridiculously expensive.

Right now that’s assuming ~700g per week or 77.77g per boss kill, split 8 ways it works out to just shy of 10g per person on the run. Those people who have to pop 1~2g worth of food every 1-3 bosses assuming no wipes and everything goes fast. So on average the players doing the kill make 26g for every 3 boss kills.
Which is decent money for the time but you also have to remember that it takes a lot of effort to get together 8 skilled players to sell consistently, and there is burn out to deal with. As it is raid selling is a lot more fragile than fractal selling or similar because of all the added egos. So a part of the profit has to go into making it so people are willing to put up with each other’s less than pleasant side.
It would be nice for WvW and Pvp to get something similar but as it stands right now the only reason to really raid beyond the initial fun is the rewards part of which is the armor so it’s hard to get behind. Though if selling did die off I could go back to clearing weekly on 3~4 accounts and getting all that sick loot and not holding boss instances.

Nikkinella.8254

Right now that’s assuming ~700g per week or 77.77g per boss kill, split 8 ways it works out to just shy of 10g per person on the run. Those people who have to pop 1~2g worth of food every 1-3 bosses assuming no wipes and everything goes fast. So on average the players doing the kill make 26g for every 3 boss kills.
Which is decent money for the time but you also have to remember that it takes a lot of effort to get together 8 skilled players to sell consistently, and there is burn out to deal with. As it is raid selling is a lot more fragile than fractal selling or similar because of all the added egos. So a part of the profit has to go into making it so people are willing to put up with each other’s less than pleasant side.
It would be nice for WvW and Pvp to get something similar but as it stands right now the only reason to really raid beyond the initial fun is the rewards part of which is the armor so it’s hard to get behind. Though if selling did die off I could go back to clearing weekly on 3~4 accounts and getting all that sick loot and not holding boss instances.

Yeah, i can understand that. Its just alot of money, especially for someone that doesn’t do pve. Meaning i would have to pay alot of real life cash for it. When I don’t have so many real life expenses that take priority over a game, then I’d be willing to do it. The best I can do now is hope for pvp/wvw versions. I wish Anet wasnt so hung up on forcing players to do content they hate in order to be better in content they like. I just think that every mode should be entirely independent of itself. They got it right with pvp atleast. You just hop in and there’s nothing you need from pve or wvw in order to do pvp. Every mode should be like that. Remove the gift of battle from wvw so pvers dont have to do wvw at all. Make legendary armor with different skins from the pve version purchasable for badges or something so wvw players never have to do pve. That way everyone can just do what they enjoy doing most and not be forced to do something they hate, which just ends up making the game seem like a 2nd job.

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

1. The problem is not being bad, you can be good player and experienced and all (hello training runs) but if you don’t fill the quota of 1521321313 LI and KP you won’t get into groups. Even guild groups are picky there when it comes to bosses like Xera and co. (i went through quite few guilds till i finally got into one that raids frequently, actually kills bosses and doesn’t discriminate members).

2. Some people just want legendary, they need a kill just once, rest can be farmed from VG and co. For them it is probably worth it to pay once. Just like it was with legend title in pvp – there are quite few AP hunters that paid for carry.

Sells like this are nothing new really, the moment there is something that not easy to get or you need to rely on group of people that won’t let you join, you will see such selling offers going.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve been tempted to buy Sabetha just to have people who aren’t totally incompetent on my team. I haven’t killed her in months because the pubs are exquisitely bad for that particular encounter and my guild hates the fight.

For real, though, the only thing I wish they did here was have an LFG section specifically for selling. It clutters the main section and oftentimes makes it really inconvenient to scroll through.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Sales should go in trade chat. Using the LFG tool to spam should trigger removal with enough reports from people.

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Mr. Credit Card Warrior, be aware you also need ~90 Mystic Clovers and a gift of condensed might and magic for each piece (6 total each). This leaves you to around another 1.7k gold to buy the mats. Also need 300 provisioner tokens at 12 a day. Most items are 1g-3g per, if you wanted to buy them.

@Rising Dusk.2408 I’ve noticed a drop in skill on sabetha as well over the past few months! So it’s not just me! I had to threaten to remove the sabetha statue from our raider’s corner for our guild to kill it on saturday.

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

Mr. Credit Card Warrior, be aware you also need ~90 Mystic Clovers and a gift of condensed might and magic for each piece (6 total each). This leaves you to around another 1.7k gold to buy the mats. Also need 300 provisioner tokens at 12 a day. Most items are 1g-3g per, if you wanted to buy them.

@Rising Dusk.2408 I’ve noticed a drop in skill on sabetha as well over the past few months! So it’s not just me! I had to threaten to remove the sabetha statue from our raider’s corner for our guild to kill it on saturday.

If you think its bad now just wait till the next raid is released and people have their armor. I wouldnt be surprised if people stop raiding or skip bosses to be done and over with.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i wish i knew enough people that wanted to burn the market. if your cool with wasting your time you could easily crash it. just sell your raids cheaper than theirs. they get nothing you get it all. they drop their prices you drops yours.

im bad at sarcasm

Sorin Noroku.5342

i wish i knew enough people that wanted to burn the market. if your cool with wasting your time you could easily crash it. just sell your raids cheaper than theirs. they get nothing you get it all. they drop their prices you drops yours.

I watch a lot of the raid sellers on twitch. This wouldn’t work. They don’t drop prices in NA if someone undercuts them. People go to them since they finish it in 1-2 pulls. They have a name/brand you’d try to muscle your way into. Though I do encourage you to try it! More raid sellers could mean more people interested in raids, meaning more people pugging!

abaddon.3290

I watch a lot of the raid sellers on twitch. This wouldn’t work. They don’t drop prices in NA if someone undercuts them. People go to them since they finish it in 1-2 pulls. They have a name/brand you’d try to muscle your way into. Though I do encourage you to try it! More raid sellers could mean more people interested in raids, meaning more people pugging!

haha i wish i could. tbh finding people who are interested in a static group is hard enough. let alone people who know the mechanics and arent very bad at them.alongside knowing rotations and such. i pretty much gave up on raiding after i spent a entire weak just waiting during my playtime for ques and finding none for the bosses i wanted to do.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To be honest I thing selling raids sort of cheapens the whole experience, they were supposed to be end game content you had to work hard to complete. Now it’s just a joke with some absolutely appalling players just buying their way to the achievements and legendary armour.

This was meant to be hard end game content and now it’s a joke just like dungeons were.

skarpak.8594

This was meant to be hard end game content and now it’s a joke just like dungeons were.

it is completly normal that once you learned the mechanics and you got gud at it, its not challenging anymore.

sure, you can go the way and make the fight so hard that only the 1% who can learn, have faster reactions then anyone else and know how to control their defensive uses and how to manage them through a fight.

is that really how you want the fight to be. sesshi level solo’s just for a 10 man group? do you really think you can do that?

so before you go arround and saying stuff like: its a joke and its easy, rather think before you speak.

i mean, sure, you could also go the mathematical way and just take dps possible over the time of a fight and adjust the bosshealth accordingly.
which is not the way to go, because just giving something more stats so it takes longer doesn’t make it harder.
the only thing that happens is that slacker who cannot hold their perfect rotation up for the whole time can’t raid anymore.

can you? even if kitten starts happening?

and btw. dungeons where never a joke. it was actually pretty great what the speedrun community made out of them.
because these dungeons where never about the bossfights.

and before you say something like: now you can kill everything totally fast because of the damage which came with hot: just because everyone now got more dmg through builds, nothing changed much. back in the days you also killed them this fast…just the normal pug couldn’t do it.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Posted by: womwom.5209

womwom.5209

We dabbled in this a few times and concluded it wasn’t just a matter of wasting time, but it was stupidly frustrating. After dividing by the 8 or so people, each member of the raid seller team doesn’t actually make very much per boss. If you only undercut them slightly, most people will pay the little bit more for seller with better reputation.

When we tried it, we were just doing some casual 8 mans and had 2 empty slots anyways, so we basically figured we’d sell each boss for 16g. 2g each to cover our food costs because we were raiding already regardless. Although we filled up pretty fast, the logistics was really frustrating. Because we had no reputation nobody trusted us to pay beforehand (understandable), but at the same time we didn’t trust them to pay at the end lol. So we told them to pay at 10%, but of course nobody did, and then we had to /gg and start all over at sub 5%. So a quick 5-8 min fight becomes double that, with all the overhead of waiting for buyers etc, super not worth it.

I think if you want kills, easier to just make some friends. I’d rather carry friends/guildies for free than bother with the few gold you make selling.

Nikkinella.8254

To be honest I thing selling raids sort of cheapens the whole experience, they were supposed to be end game content you had to work hard to complete. Now it’s just a joke with some absolutely appalling players just buying their way to the achievements and legendary armour.

There are some people, like me, that just dont give a crap about it and only want the armor. I detest pve and wouldnt have anything to do with it at all if wvw was actually independent and I could get everything I needed purely from playing in wvw. So i for one am glad people are willing to sell it. Then I’m not forced to play stuff I hate and can just afk and have someone else do it for me. I think its pretty stupid anyway that there’s no way to get armor with the ability to change stats on it in wvw, since thats the mode where it matters most of all to be able to change stats frequently. Its a pain to have to carry around 3 or more sets of armor and weapons and accessories for different builds depending on what i plan on doing. atleast i can just buy legendary weapons off the tp and the pvp back was easy enough to get from just playing pvp normally. Its a shame i cant just buy the armor off the tp.

apharma.3741

it is completly normal that once you learned the mechanics and you got gud at it, its not challenging anymore.

sure, you can go the way and make the fight so hard that only the 1% who can learn, have faster reactions then anyone else and know how to control their defensive uses and how to manage them through a fight.

is that really how you want the fight to be. sesshi level solo’s just for a 10 man group? do you really think you can do that?

so before you go arround and saying stuff like: its a joke and its easy, rather think before you speak.

i mean, sure, you could also go the mathematical way and just take dps possible over the time of a fight and adjust the bosshealth accordingly.
which is not the way to go, because just giving something more stats so it takes longer doesn’t make it harder.
the only thing that happens is that slacker who cannot hold their perfect rotation up for the whole time can’t raid anymore.

and btw. dungeons where never a joke. it was actually pretty great what the speedrun community made out of them.

and before you say something like: now you can kill everything totally fast because of the damage which came with hot: just because everyone now got more dmg through builds, nothing changed much. back in the days you also killed them this fast…just the normal pug couldn’t do it.

Way to snip my post down to one part and then twist it to your own agenda. The point was that it was supposed to be moderately difficult content that required an investment in time to learn and to be actually decent at your role.

This is lost when people sell raids and achievements as achieving it starts to mean less and less.

@Nikkinella: Your problem isn’t that raids are difficult or you can’t do them it’s that legendary armour is tied to raids. ANet should have made it independent of raids as now there is 0 prestige to anything in raids as it can all be bought.

skarpak.8594

it is still like that, if you want to get into raids, you have to adjust.
if you want to do lowmans, you have to adjust even more.

nothing is lost, the only thing that is added through selling, is that people who can’t, whatever the reason may be, can trade their stuff for people who invested more time to be better then avg.

and “nothing is prestige”…we sell currently for 200g (30k gold for 150 LI in the end) and even if you buy it for 80g, its still 12k gold. ontop of that u need to give out some more gold, since you also want to buy achievements and the legendary armor mats aren’t that cheap either.

so what, if someone spends that much gold its pretty much prestigeous and certainly a feat. the avg. player has how much gold? 300g? guess not even that.

if you see it from the prestige point of view, nearly nothing in this game is. there aren’t much limited items or items that you cannot aquire anymore.

and the only thing that makes something prestigeous is, its either kittening expensive or limited (and it doesn’t matter if its rng limited so you need luck or if its a giveaway for only a small amount of people).

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I think its pretty stupid anyway that there’s no way to get armor with the ability to change stats on it in wvw, since thats the mode where it matters most of all to be able to change stats frequently. Its a pain to have to carry around 3 or more sets of armor and weapons and accessories for different builds depending on what i plan on doing.

I highly doubt that this armor is pretty useful in WvW in terms of stat swapping. As long as they don’t include something like changing runes without costs the expenses would be way too high to use that feature constantly – and I don’t see that rune/sigil change for free coming. Personally, I would rather run with 3 different armor & weapon sets in my inventory than using cheap and non-perfect runes for my different builds.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

apharma.3741

it is still like that, if you want to get into raids, you have to adjust.
if you want to do lowmans, you have to adjust even more.

nothing is lost, the only thing that is added through selling, is that people who can’t, whatever the reason may be, can trade their stuff for people who invested more time to be better then avg.

and “nothing is prestige”…we sell currently for 200g (30k gold for 150 LI in the end) and even if you buy it for 80g, its still 12k gold. ontop of that u need to give out some more gold, since you also want to buy achievements and the legendary armor mats aren’t that cheap either.

so what, if someone spends that much gold its pretty much prestigeous and certainly a feat. the avg. player has how much gold? 300g? guess not even that.

if you see it from the prestige point of view, nearly nothing in this game is. there aren’t much limited items or items that you cannot aquire anymore.

and the only thing that makes something prestigeous is, its either kittening expensive or limited (and it doesn’t matter if its rng limited so you need luck or if its a giveaway for only a small amount of people).

Which is part of the problem, nothing means anything in this game as most of the time you can buy your way to it. Completing the challenges should be worth something where it says “hey I did this really hard thing that took effort and time to do” I mean that is the very definition of achievement.

Except not here apparently where you can just buy your way to whatever you want. Also you can farm 100-200g a day pretty easily without taking up a ton of time probably more especially those that were exploiting multiloot.

You look at people with GWAMM and you know they put serious time into GW1. You see someone in GW1 with Legendary Survivor of Ascalon you knew they did something pretty difficult (look it up if you don’t know) to get that. Here you just pay someone better than you some gold and done, which only serves to reduce the achievements of those who actually did it.

skarpak.8594

i am familiar with gw1, since i played it nearly for 8 years and also got gwamm.
tbh. it was great, but it also was an easy grind and nothing more.
there where some challening missions but most part of gwamm was pure grind…if you deny that out of nostalgia, i have to call you stupid.

getting all the titles was hardly challening, only time consuming and a lot of platin (never forget that 10k sweets, alk and party stuff, all the weapons for collection and elite armors).
then there was much stuff which also got rushed for you if you paid them, it was a thing back then in gw1, nothing new. nothing new in every game.
some people name it dedication, other name it grind.

so, if someone is really going for it and buys the raid every week for 4 months to get all the legendary insights, thats some pretty dedication in farming gold to pay all 9 bosses every week.

well, i am missing 7 LI so i put my dedication very much in it, also raiding several times a week…and i am here and tell you, if somebody buys the raid that many times with so much gold, he deserves that armor.

i don’t feel like my achievement is being reduced by that. do you or what? or do you speak without actually raiding much?

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

And i guess thats why you go around every forums posting about how you have so many issues with loot and other things? Or how about (as mentioned above), you advise people to fake LI’s?

Maybe the reason the pugs you get are so bad is because they have to carry you? Food for thought.

Harsh words coming from someone who states that he had his first Gorserval kill last week. Would love to see your words backed up with some evidence. Food for the thought.

apharma.3741

i am familiar with gw1, since i played it nearly for 8 years and also got gwamm.
tbh. it was great, but it also was an easy grind and nothing more.
there where some challening missions but most part of gwamm was pure grind…if you deny that out of nostalgia, i have to call you stupid.

getting all the titles was hardly challening, only time consuming and a lot of platin (never forget that 10k sweets, alk and party stuff, all the weapons for collection and elite armors).
then there was much stuff which also got rushed for you if you paid them, it was a thing back then in gw1, nothing new. nothing new in every game.

so, if someone is really going for it and buys the raid every week for 4 months to get all the legendary insights, thats some pretty dedication in farming gold to pay all 9 bosses every week.

well, i am missing 7 LI so i put my dedication very much in it, also raiding several times a week…and i am here and tell you, if somebody buys the raid that many times with so much gold, he deserves that armor.

i don’t feel like my achievement is being reduced by that. do you or what? or do you speak without actually raiding much?

Regardless whether it’s a grind it still requires an awful lot of effort to get in terms of time.

I’ve completed every raid wing, help out a few groups and lead my own raids which has done full clears in an evening even having to rebuild the raid group when nearly half of them have left GW2 because of balance issues.

So yeah, I’ve put in plenty of effort to get the armour, achievements and it does dilute the achievements of others if you can buy it with gold. If someone could pay $20 to get 1000 AP worth of achievements unlocked would you still feel you achieved something by doing them the normal/hard way?

I know I wouldn’t put the same value to an “achievement” that can easily be bought for making very little effort.

Vinceman.4572

Harsh words coming from someone who states that he had his first Gorserval kill last week. Would love to see your words backed up with some evidence. Food for the thought.

Well, I can understand his words, just check the posting history of said user. It’s quite “interesting”.

skarpak.8594

i do some of the pve achievements (living story as example) since they are a time killer when its boring and it gives the illusion of doing “something”.
but i do not care about them either, if they give me 0 or 100 ap and if other people can buy them easily.

in this game there are no real achievements, more or less its a “to do” list you have.
so who cares if people can buy them.
and the raid ones are not so much harder so nearly nobody can do them…they are fairly easy so i do not care about them either.

nagr.1593

I’ve literally no idea what ur goin on about, seems to me liek ur literally pulling words out of ur kitten . I got my 1st gors kill months ago now.. thx. as to rest of posters who r responding negatively (and tangentially) to me, I’m just ignoring them cos they stated their opinions alrdy. I have no problm wit that

I gots no evidence to give and neither do u, so just chill and move on yo

PS in respect to comparison to arah, with pugs I had em take just as long as (or even longer than) pugs with 100 cm. soloing is like ~2x longer at least. I used to sell em too so I know prices, 24g (for 4 spots) was usually a given. but that was for 1-2 hrs of hard work, so well earned. all these guys selling 100 cm are doin is speedrunning 30min or so and selling one spot for 100g, or 25g per person. For more then half the work/effort easily.. u see the point tho

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

I’ve literally no idea what ur goin on about, seems to me liek ur literally pulling words out of ur kitten . I got my 1st gors kill months ago now.. thx. as to rest of posters who r responding negatively (and tangentially) to me, I’m just ignoring them cos they stated their opinions alrdy. I have no problm wit that

I gots no evidence to give and neither do u, so just chill and move on yo

PS in respect to comparison to arah, with pugs I had em take just as long as (or even longer than) pugs with 100 cm. soloing is like ~2x longer at least. I used to sell em too so I know prices, 24g (for 4 spots) was usually a given. but that was for 1-2 hrs of hard work, so well earned. all these guys selling 100 cm are doin is speedrunning 30min or so and selling one spot for 100g, or 25g per person. For more then half the work/effort easily.. u see the point tho

I was talking to frostdraco. Not to you. I think you were the one who pulled his answer from his kitten since I wasn’t talking to you.

skarpak.8594

@nagr, arah? hard work? 1 to 2 hours solo? holy kitten you must have been bad.
how many times did you wipe? xD

btw. i am not buying that you soloed arah. people who solo arah where usually at least that good that they could go into raids rather quick.
so stop lying about stuff you have no idea about.

Nikkinella.8254

Way to snip my post down to one part and then twist it to your own agenda. The point was that it was supposed to be moderately difficult content that required an investment in time to learn and to be actually decent at your role.

This is lost when people sell raids and achievements as achieving it starts to mean less and less.

@Nikkinella: Your problem isn’t that raids are difficult or you can’t do them it’s that legendary armour is tied to raids. ANet should have made it independent of raids as now there is 0 prestige to anything in raids as it can all be bought.

Exactly. Its just common sense that everyone would want Legendary armor. Tying it to content that only a few people would even be interested in doing was a very poor decision. Which is why raid selling exists. Alot of people just want the armor and couldnt care less about the raids themselves. Which as you said, diminishes the prestige of the people that actually do want to do them. I’ve never enjoyed the pve in this game. I just dont find it engaging or interesting in any way. I and the majority of people I play with bought this game solely for wvw, and thats all we enjoy doing. I did try some of the pve stuff, I just dislike it. The only game i’v played where i actually enjoyed pve stuff was Phantasy Star. Soloing the Max Attack missions in that was fun. This game is nothing like that and I find pve in gw2 mind numbingly boring. the whole point of playing a game is to have fun. to have to force myself to do something to the point it seems like a job, just takes all the fun out of the game for me.

Nikkinella.8254

I think its pretty stupid anyway that there’s no way to get armor with the ability to change stats on it in wvw, since thats the mode where it matters most of all to be able to change stats frequently. Its a pain to have to carry around 3 or more sets of armor and weapons and accessories for different builds depending on what i plan on doing.

I highly doubt that this armor is pretty useful in WvW in terms of stat swapping. As long as they don’t include something like changing runes without costs the expenses would be way too high to use that feature constantly – and I don’t see that rune/sigil change for free coming. Personally, I would rather run with 3 different armor & weapon sets in my inventory than using cheap and non-perfect runes for my different builds.

Trust me, it would be extremely useful. I use the same runes/sigils on everything. I just have different stats for different purposes. So for me personally, it would be extremely helpful to be able to swap my stats whenever I needed. Let the pvers have the legendary armor with the fancy effects, i could care less about that. Give wvw players legendary armor with the same skin as exotic level 80 armor and we’d be happy. We just want it for the functionality of stat swapping.

skarpak.8594

phiw wvw players who don’t swap runes arguing in the trashcan sub.
we’ve come down a long road. LUL

making some armorsets from the gold you would spend on legendary armor with actually the right runeoptions is too elitist as it seems.
looks like being a towermaiden, watching out for a inc is a pretty tough job. LUL

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Nikkinella.8254

phiw wvw players who don’t swap runes arguing in the trashcan sub.
we’ve come down a long road. LUL

making some armorsets from the gold you would spend on legendary armor with actually the right runeoptions is too elitist as it seems.
looks like being a towermaiden, watching out for a inc is a pretty tough job. LUL

It depends on the class and type of build you use really. I only play power builds on every class since condi builds are no skill cheese and I don’t like carry builds. There’s very little reason to use different runes in that case. On guardian for example, traveler runes are usually best because mobility is important when roaming. But, having different stats depending on whether i’m solo roaming, or in a group, etc. does make a difference. Also thief is another good example. I’ll change my stats depending on if i’m using d/p or want to be a tankier trolly acro staff build. But I always keep daredevil runes. So you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

Vinceman.4572

I accept that the armor and stat swapping would be useful for you then as a single person, ok.

But for the overwhelming majority of serious WvW players it is definitely not if they aren’t able to swap runes and sigils without immense costs.

Your argument “condi builds are no skill cheese” is very questionable btw.

nagr.1593

@nagr, arah? hard work? 1 to 2 hours solo? holy kitten you must have been bad.
how many times did you wipe? xD

btw. i am not buying that you soloed arah. people who solo arah where usually at least that good that they could go into raids rather quick.
so stop lying about stuff you have no idea about.

welll i managed to dredge this up from years ago.. for what it’s worth. Know it doesn’t mean much at all now, being as outdated as is atm. But mayb next time, u can stop accusing me of stuff when you clearly have no idea about.

Well yes ideal time was less than an hr but I seen others (most times even me) used to complain of avg times more than an hour. That’s not to even mention how long selling 4 spots took even in heyday of arah (and perhaps why prices also plummeted). On a good day it would still take at least half hour for slot to fill. For paths like p1 u still had to waste comparable amt of time getting help at tar boss, since it wasn’t soloable. So yes whole thing could easily end up taking 1-2 hrs, I mean accounting for those multiple wipes when u were having a bad day or even otherwise.

But really.. thanks for ur vote of confidence, do appreciate it

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

i haven’t checked back on this thread since i first wrote how i felt, why are you guys attacking each other? debate and discuss all you want, but calling someone a liar because X person thinks Y person isn’t capable of doing Z solo. be an adult and get your opinion through would suffice.

i think i left out a detail on why i made this thread, im going to add it into an edit also.

to clarify why i think sellers should have their own tab is simple, they take up too much space while looking for a group. and yes i know what your going to say, " just scroll down or its only 3-4 LFG groups that the sellers take up" well even 1 is too much. The reason is not all of us have vast amounts of time to lfg a particular boss, and a lot of times groups fill up right when the post is made. so if i want to fold laundry or vacuum or something that prevents me from sitting in front of my computer staring at all the lfg posts, i could miss the whole lfg post altogether. picture this… i have the lfg open, and im 10-15 feet away from my PC, folding my cloths after a fresh dryer cycle and an lfg pops up, so i go closer to my PC to investigate the details…. ah crap its only someone selling raid bosses. OK i go back to what i was doing, and BAM 2 more posts pop up to only see they are selling only also. 3 groups now selling raids. 1 disappears and 2 more appear, so 4 groups lfg’ing but all are selling. as 1 leaves and 1 goes and so on and so on, none for an actual group kill legitimately. its a lot of time to stop what im doing and go look at the lfg close enough to read it, only to find out its another seller. this is not fun to do, and it feels like a chore to even have to do this.

4 lfg posts in raids might not seem like a problem to people whom have loads of free time, and to scroll past group sellers to sit and read through and weed out the selling groups. when i see the lfg empty i think OK no problemo, but once some group post looking for peeps, i stop what im doing to walk over to my computer to see its a mother trucking group selling, AGAIN!

edit poor sentence construction

(edited by aceboogie.4031)

Sorin Noroku.5342

Legendary weapons are tied behind WvW for the PvE-ers and tied behind PvE Map completion for the WvWers. Tying legendary armor to Raiders is a similar thing. They said legendary armor would be for those doing HoT stuff. The only logical gate to make it seem as prestigious as we want it to be is Raiding.

apharma.3741

Legendary weapons are tied behind WvW for the PvE-ers and tied behind PvE Map completion for the WvWers. Tying legendary armor to Raiders is a similar thing. They said legendary armor would be for those doing HoT stuff. The only logical gate to make it seem as prestigious as we want it to be is Raiding.

That presige is lost if you can buy the raids though, if you weren’t allowed to sell raids we wouldn’t need extra categories in LFG and people would have to earn those prestige items one way or another.

I don’t go around crying I’m never going to have God of PvP title because I know I’m not that good nor am I willing to put in the amount of effort needed to get it which would be PvP for months. I am ok with this, I’ve made my choice of either “git gud” or do without and I will do without. Same can be said of legendary armour, no-one needs it and it would be cheaper to get multiple exotic or even ascended sets instead.

Xcorpdog.2840

That presige is lost if you can buy the raids though, if you weren’t allowed to sell raids we wouldn’t need extra categories in LFG and people would have to earn those prestige items one way or another.

I don’t go around crying I’m never going to have God of PvP title because I know I’m not that good nor am I willing to put in the amount of effort needed to get it which would be PvP for months. I am ok with this, I’ve made my choice of either “git gud” or do without and I will do without. Same can be said of legendary armour, no-one needs it and it would be cheaper to get multiple exotic or even ascended sets instead.

There’s never been any prestige behind the armor, the bosses are comparatively easy to kill with a group of 10 maybe decent players. I would argue that WvW players are better suited to beating the encounters since they are more used to being lead through fights where most PvE players are used to PHIW game play that doesn’t reward any different.
Beyond raid selling there’s always going to be players who get carried through the content, like revenants that deal 4k dps on Matthias for example. The only real difference is the players are being carried for free instead of paying people for the privilege.
And you could argue that the people selling the raids would be more likely to help other players clear if they weren’t making money, not that you did but covering a base, most of the people in my guild would probably be on hiatus were it not for selling since at the moment there isn’t much to do in game right now.
Until Anet actually makes a content that truly can only be completed by a minority of players, all working hard, there will be 0 prestige behind any item in game.

abaddon.3290

There’s never been any prestige behind the armor, the bosses are comparatively easy to kill with a group of 10 maybe decent players. I would argue that WvW players are better suited to beating the encounters since they are more used to being lead through fights where most PvE players are used to PHIW game play that doesn’t reward any different.
Beyond raid selling there’s always going to be players who get carried through the content, like revenants that deal 4k dps on Matthias for example. The only real difference is the players are being carried for free instead of paying people for the privilege.
And you could argue that the people selling the raids would be more likely to help other players clear if they weren’t making money, not that you did but covering a base, most of the people in my guild would probably be on hiatus were it not for selling since at the moment there isn’t much to do in game right now.
Until Anet actually makes a content that truly can only be completed by a minority of players, all working hard, there will be 0 prestige behind any item in game.

and if they do make content that can only be completed by a minority (raids are that currently. most players dont raid) then itll just be sold until its lost all prestige like raids are right now.people can still be carried through any level of difficult content if the others are good enough. you seem to think this is only a problem because raids are “easy” for exp players. newish players struggle rather hard which is why the raid population is so low.

im bad at sarcasm

Nikkinella.8254

Tied behind wvw for pvers? HAHAHAHA! Let me just take a moment to laugh at that. It is in no way tied behind wvw for pvers. You need gift of battle, which is absolutely effortless to get. You do 4-6 hours of afking with a booster. You don’t even have to actively play wvw or interact with other players in ANY way at all to get it. Kill NPCs, (which isnt pvp it still is pve if you’re just killing guards btw) Then afk in spawn and collect your prize occasionally killing another pve mob so the bar doesnt decay. I could see your argument if you actually had to actively fight other players or get map completion in wvw, which is what you SHOULD have to do that get a gift of BATTLE, its a gift of battle after all not a gift of afk.

Sorry but it is in no way at all equivalent to the amount of crap wvw players have to go through in pve. AFK for not even a whole day to get gift of battle. Why cant I just pop a booster and afk after killing a pve mob and get gift of exploration? I would have to actively complete those maps and do events and hearts and all that crap if i wanted it. It is in no way comparable so dont you dare use that weak excuse.

My point is, it shouldnt be tied exclusively to pve. There should be legendary armor for all 3 modes. Its just poor game design on part of anet that they didnt think this through. And as someone else has already pointed out, there is no prestige anyway in raids as they can just be bought. Its just stupid to lock legendary armor behind content that only a handful of people would even want to do in the first place.

Legendary weapons can be obtained by anyone regardless of your game mode preference. The new ones are obviously locked to pve players only because you’d have to do pve stuff in the new maps to get them. The previous ones can atleast be obtained by pvp and wvw players because we can just buy them. Legendary armor should atleast have more than one way of obtaining it as well to make it fair. One set for pve that can be gotten through raids, and a separate set with a different skin that can be gotten in wvw or pvp.

abaddon.3290

Tied behind wvw for pvers? HAHAHAHA! Let me just take a moment to laugh at that. It is in no way tied behind wvw for pvers. You need gift of battle, which is absolutely effortless to get. You do 4-6 hours of afking with a booster. You don’t even have to actively play wvw or interact with other players in ANY way at all to get it. Kill NPCs, (which isnt pvp it still is pve if you’re just killing guards btw) Then afk in spawn and collect your prize occasionally killing another pve mob so the bar doesnt decay. I could see your argument if you actually had to actively fight other players or get map completion in wvw, which is what you SHOULD have to do that get a gift of BATTLE, its a gift of battle after all not a gift of afk.

Sorry but it is in no way at all equivalent to the amount of crap wvw players have to go through in pve. AFK for not even a whole day to get gift of battle. Why cant I just pop a booster and afk after killing a pve mob and get gift of exploration? I would have to actively complete those maps and do events and hearts and all that crap if i wanted it. It is in no way comparable so dont you dare use that weak excuse.

My point is, it shouldnt be tied exclusively to pve. There should be legendary armor for all 3 modes. Its just poor game design on part of anet that they didnt think this through. And as someone else has already pointed out, there is no prestige anyway in raids as they can just be bought. Its just stupid to lock legendary armor behind content that only a handful of people would even want to do in the first place.

Legendary weapons can be obtained by anyone regardless of your game mode preference. The new ones are obviously locked to pve players only because you’d have to do pve stuff in the new maps to get them. The previous ones can atleast be obtained by pvp and wvw players because we can just buy them. Legendary armor should atleast have more than one way of obtaining it as well to make it fair. One set for pve that can be gotten through raids, and a separate set with a different skin that can be gotten in wvw or pvp.

i dont think you realize how long its taken them to get 1 set done. much less a new set for every game mode.

im bad at sarcasm

Sorin Noroku.5342

My arguement of WvW gated for PvE-ers is this, as a PvE-er, I’d rather do dungeons with my 6-7 hours than sit in WvW watching a timer as a bar goes to red before decaying. It’s STILL A GATE to PvE-ers. WvW has a flow to it, even for those roaming to get camps to afk at spawn. Even then, now we have PvE players taking spots that other WvW players could have.

PvE still needs to do WvW stuff, just like WvW still needs to run around and press f on spikes to complete a heart. Sure WvW players are more gated behind map completion, but that doesn’t invalidate the gate for PvE players.

The reason I defend the gate of raiding for armor, is that it was something to help sell HoT. The most logical place to apply a gate is raids. Going on the theme that s2 legendary weapons has, crafting makes sense as well. The gate that I dislike the most on legendary armor is provisioner tokens. However, I can’t think of anything that would be logical to replace it.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

In case of core legendary weapons, both the pve reqs for WvW players, and WvW reqs for PvE players are a low effort ones. They encourage you to try the gamemode, but aren’t hard enough to make you keep hitting the wall with your face in case you ended up not liking that content. Raid requirements on the other hand are nothing like that. Seriously, even requirements for gamemode-specific legendaries (The Ascension and Ad Infinitum) aren’t that high – and there are two backpacks in existence, in case you really didn’t like one of the options.

i dont think you realize how long its taken them to get 1 set done. much less a new set for every game mode.

That’s the main reason why i keep asking to make this one available through other means. It’s more realistic than hoping they will make a second (or third) set.

The reason I defend the gate of raiding for armor, is that it was something to help sell HoT.

For you, maybe. For me, it almost made me not buy it.

The most logical place to apply a gate is raids.

Nope. Considering the exclusivity and narrowness of that gate, it’s the least logical option. It’s just completely out of place compared to all the rest of the game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Sorin Noroku.5342

The most logical place to apply a gate is raids.

Nope. Considering the exclusivity and narrowness of that gate, it’s the least logical option. It’s just completely out of place compared to all the rest of the game

I ask you then, where would YOU have placed a gate for legendary armor that was not crafting with the mastery like the weapons, that could show prestige? The only location that made sense to me was raids. Now, remember, it must be in a location that is exclusive to HoT as wether you disliked it or I liked it, which to be honest at the time I didn’t care, it was a selling point of HoT. We can’t place it in WvW, as nonHoT players do that too. Can’t just drop it in PvP for same reason. Sure they could have you grind out the metas over and over and over for a chance at the drop, but then we have things like chak eggs. Or we could have it like the new weapons, which is running around the world and then spending gold, which for more casual players is just as bad as raiding, because then you have to farm AB nonstop. Not many enjoy that. The next logical sense to me would be to tie it to raiding. It’s a new thing, they needed something to push people in that way, to play it and learn the hard content. So they put legendary armor gate there.