raid without team = impossible

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alydeath.1025

Alydeath.1025

So yes i havent finished wing 1 yet … Yes i have no team ..
I ve never killed VG because everytime i tried to do so we failed badly when boss was nearly dead …
I have the stuff and the pve ( especially pvp) experience … Yet no one wants me when i do LFG … But i play rev / war i dont get it …

This topic looks like a "QQ ’ topic ? Yes it is because i find it awfull that i’m stuck alone and if i cant find a proper team (hard to do ) i wont be able to complete this F** raid ever

So if you read this and have suggestions to help me or maybe want to help me doing this raid you are welcome because i don’t want to pay 500g to complete this .

thank you !

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Maybe look for a few people before you list, people are more likely to join if more than 1 person is waiting in your group.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

pugs kill raid bosses all the time

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Yes they require teammates. I don’t think they are possible to solo.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Gibon.1705

Gibon.1705

Interesting. I have killed each boss multiple times with pugs from LFG until I have found a friendly group and we just added each other to friends to form ‘regular team’. Maybe you should start your own group and SELECT ppl that you want from LFG.
Tip: organize your own group on monday, since most good players try to get kills on monday (you probably need to know the mechanics and be able to lead group tho), ask ppl about their experience, notice the way they speak, if they are polite or just want to rush things.
You really dont want to invite ‘elitists’ that link you 50 LI, asc gear and say ‘I hope your party be good’ since they usually suck or are at most decent and not willing to listen.
If you select people properly you would probably get VG and gors kills in max 5-6 attempts. I can agree that pugs still struggle with sab and much depends on good leader and if players want to listen or just start to panic.
You would probably rarely succeed joining first party that you see unless you get lucky shot and get someone that tries to select group as I suggest.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

It is possible to kill the raid bosses in pick-up groups, but your mileage will vary. I think the raid (like most content) is best experienced among friends though regardless of them being in your guild or not.

I recommend you try to find a pick-up-group on Monday when the most groups form.

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

If you can get to the last part of the boss you are pretty much experienced. I started raiding this week and after having one night of training runs ive killed the boss the next night. How?

Lies and deception. Make your own raid tell people you are experienced and use the code link for proof of kill items. Then up your game. As long as you arent the weakest link in a failed attempt theres really no reason for people to kick you.

The thing is, theres heaps of people in the same boat as you. When i made my VG ‘experienced’ group that finally downed him, there were 7 people telling me it was their first kill. Lies and deception.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Add me to your friends list… I have been waiting months just to start a raid. I have all gear ready to go but no “NOOBIES” to do it with, as I have not done it I don’t fit into the “Experienced Raiders Only” group.

Sucks paying for things we can’t use.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: jacceb.7918

jacceb.7918

Well i have 34 insights only from pugging and i’m gonna get 6 more this week. Just have some patience and some kind of social activity .

If you don’t kill the boss, that means someone messed up. Tell that person what to focus on and if he doesen’t listen get rid of him. Sooner or later, by improving your group you should kill him.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They could consider giving a bonus chest to all members of a group if anyone in that group has not gotten a kill on a particular boss. Might give a little incentive to invite fresh members in once in a while. Should not be enough to get farmed in an exploitative way (yeah I know people love finding loop-holes).

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

For every boss, the first time I killed it was in a pug. (except Gorseval)

I have the stuff and the pve ( especially pvp) experience … Yet no one wants me when i do LFG

elaborate please

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Another thing that might be hurting your ability to get into groups: Warrior and Revenant are both very common classes for people to play and each group only needs a make of 1 of each. Expanding into the more sought after classes/rolls would help. Ranger because every group needs a healer and many don’t like playing one. Elementalist because they add a lot to the group while bringing the best damage. Necromancer for wing 2 because they are just gods there. Having any of those classes would help in finding more groups.

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Try to find exp groups. Commy who creating squad want eliminate casual players if he write this. Then he decide who show bigger experience and right gear(if we run 1ps warr i want rune of strenght for example). Then you proof yourself on boss. I give always 2 wipes, then change something of change players. Thats how succesfull raids work. Today we wipe on sabby(1st wipe) I kick 4 ppl and replace them. Then kick 1 person after 2nd pull, and on 3rd we had succesfull kill. If your squad leader don’t solute problems, don’t waste your time. Leave squad. Create your own, and if you are bad english speaker(like me) then hire somebody elwho will speak, like me do it today on sabetha. GL!!

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

we seeking for 2 more to join our roster team. but our play time is EU 10 am Server time Monday and Saturday. Attendance is cruicial if you want to be our permenant roster, pls let me know!
(we hoping to get players that can learn fast, and can play at our time)

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia