[request] /resign option for raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lannah.1283

Lannah.1283

Pls give us a /resign option like we had in GW1 to make respawning in raids faster. Say, if 8 out of 10 people in the squad type /resign, the squad wipes and can immediately restart.

With weaker squads or in achievement runs, some kills can take many tries and having to wait for those last few people to die at the end of a failed attempt is a frustrating waste of time. I’ve also seen the last two people alive run around purposefully trying to stay alive, just to annoy everyone, even though the attempt was obviously a fail.

We need this.

Thank you.

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Usually this is accomplished by the raid team leader calling “wipe” or “recover” after a mistake. Of course everyone had to listen to it, but that’s what the leader is there for. Usually it’s enough to jump off the arena, into aoe or not performing the countermeasure. Yes sometimes you’d have to wait on another Distributed Magic Nuke before the last fall, but if those 20s bother you I can’t help you.
I’d rather like to see consistent automatic respawning and boss resetting, so the group doesn’t have to wipe twice because respawn glitched.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The worst case I’ve seen delayed us by maybe 30 seconds (because someone kept trying to rez themselves). Of course, it seemed longer to the rest of us.

Accordingly, I don’t think it’s something that ANet should spend any time on. There are plenty of other QoL changes that would make a bigger impact on more people.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vooriden.3927

Vooriden.3927

Or simply add an option like in fractals to make a callvote to resign.
Sometimes it can be very appreciated specially in xera or matthias fights

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

yes please give players more tools to troll, would like to see the fight going well and majority who already done bosses for the week calling in a wipe for party just becouse.

Posted by: Lannah.1283

Lannah.1283

How the heck is 8 out of 10 players when almost everyone is dead before boss reaches 50%, or even all 10 calling for a wipe trolling?!

And yes, 30 seconds is a long time to have to wait unnecessarily after every failed attempt when you’re doing 30 attempts in a row (slippery slubling or practicing specific setups come to mind).

As for Arenanet having more important stuff to focus on, I am well aware of that and ofc I’m not expecting an immediate change with how resetting raid bosses works, but I’m pretty confident that developers can walk and chew gum at the same time, i.e. that they can do more than one thing at a time. A lack of a quick boss reset is defo not the biggest problem in the game, but it’s annoying for many people and a fix might very well be quite simple. Like Voori said, a fractal callvote would suffice, or even a simple /die command that would instakill you.

Posted by: Zulu.6143

Zulu.6143

I agree that this feature is to improve the QoL, and shouldn’t take too much time to implement. They already have such a thing in Fractal. Its a /killme command.