returning PvE gamer, questions on raid/FOTM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

hi all,

I am a returning gamer, used to do lots of dungeons and some fractals, so I would like to ask some questions on the new PvE contents such as raid and fractal changes.

FOTM:
- I’m working on crafting ascended gears, and what’s the best plan to upgrade agony resist? Personal level is at 34, I do plan to do go higher. I googled few guides but they are all from 2014.
- What’s better for FOTM: Chronomancer, Revenant or Engineer?

Raid:
- Besides being challenging, how are the rewards from boss kills? I am probably not going to try this any time soon, but I’ve seen some people selling raid boss kills in LFG channel. Is there some awesome rewards drop by specific bosses that people are paying gold for?

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

All three of those classes are just fine for FotM.

They drop things that will be needed to make legendary armor in the future.

Rome.7124

All three of those classes are just fine for FotM.

They drop things that will be needed to make legendary armor in the future.

thank you sir

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

Agony resistance wise, you should aim to have at least two ascended armor (gloves and boots are cheapest to craft) and one ascended weapon. These give 28AR or 21AR depending on whether your ascended weapon is two handed or one handed.

The rest of your AR will come from ascended trinkets (not difficult to get). Your rings can take 4 agony slots, fill them with three +10AR and one +11AR. 6 trinkets can take six additional +7 versatile infusions separately which adds 42AR. With agony infusions from rings you get 83AR from trinkets alone.

83 + 21 = 104AR. Add +5AR from the final tier of fractal mastery and you get 109AR, arguably the only AR level you ever need since you

PS: if an ascended backpiece is too expensive (the cheapest one requires 250 vicious claws) you can craft an exotic level backpiece with any crafting profession. Those have an agony infusion slot as well.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

For classes, all 3 are solid choices. I’d probably recommend Rev or Chrono over Engi though. Go rev if you want something a bit more straight forward. Go chrono if you’re ok with something that only really shines once you’ve done a good bit of research on builds, what utility skills to use in what encounters, and how to utilize blink/portal in Fractals to benefit a group.

SirPrize gave some solid advice on getting agony resist. In addition to this, I would say infuse and attune your rings (do a GW2 wiki search on Infused and Attuned Equipment). You can put the tradeable agony resistance in the infused and attuned slots, which is nice if you don’t have a ton of relics to buy 5/7 infusions from the vendor.

Also, the new Fractal vendor sells something that allows you to remove agony infusions, so don’t be afraid to slot in some lower agony infusions if that’s all you can get for now.

@ Raid rewards: I believe there are some unique skins as rewards, but I’m not sure what the market is like for them and how many are tradeable.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like other said, all 3 are good.

- Revevant have a very good dps, easy to play and really good at buffing. They will increase the capability or any group they are in.

- Mesmer have ordinary dps, but can be buff good with perma quickness and good amount of alacrity. It can also do some nice tricks with portal/blink. Probably the best profession out of the 3, but near useless if there is always another mesmer. It is also highly dependend on your skill and build. A poor mesmer is not very useful.

- Engineer have the highest dps of the 3, but it hard to reach that dps. It also bring a lot of different support like stealth, heals, blind, blast, etc.

Raid Reward
As for Raids rewards. They can be great, but you gonna need a good group for that. You will lose money like crazy at first, unless you join a group that is already good together. Just to give you an idea. You can do all three boss in 1-2 hours depending on your group. Let’s say you only do the raid once a week.

Right now it will give you 12 gold + 3 Exotic + 3 rare for the bosses. You also get some gold from events in between bosses. I don’t remember the exact number, but I think it’s 4 gold. So in total, you make 20 gold 100% sure in 1-2 hours or 10/20 gold per hours, which is ok, but not great. Add to that the magnetite shards. You can probably get enough shards to buy an infusion in around 50-60 hours or raid, maybe less. That’s around 600 gold for 60 hours or around 10 gold per hours. But this might drop in price as more ppl do raids so this probably won’t be the same in like 1 month. (the infusion was 1000 gold at first). So it’s probably around between 15 and 30 gold per hours depending on your group and the price of infusions.

Now you have to take into account the food/utility, which would probably cost you around 1-2 golds per hours. So now we are talking about 13-29 gold per hours. You finally have to take into account the random drops. Hard to calculate since we don’t have a good droprate reseach yet. You will roughly get a ascended pieces around 10-20% per boss (rough estimate, probably not good). Since most ascended are value around 50 to 100 gold that mean that the final gold per hours is around 20 and 50 gold per hours.

That a huge variance because, well so many variable lol. Keep in mind that this is for a good group. Not that hard to do if you have some good friends/guildmate, but inaccessible for a good majority of the players base. It also doesn’t take into account the 15-50 hours you gonna need to get good in raids. Neither the cost of your gear.

The gold reward of this wing will also drop of 6 gold to reach 14-44 gold per hours when the 2nd wing come in.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Your rings can take 4 agony slots.

How come its 4? One from the basic slot, one from the pre-HoT infusion, and one from the attuned infusion… thats 3. What am I missing?

enthusiastic noob

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

How come its 4? One from the basic slot, one from the pre-HoT infusion, and one from the attuned infusion… thats 3. What am I missing?

was about to write the same, did a quick research and i cannot see any possible 4th slot anywhere…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Dahkeus.8243

One other note in comparing rev, mesmer, and engi in terms of how easy it is to gear these profs:

Rev – Probably the easiest of all 3. Just stack berserker gear and get scholar runes (strength are good too, but not always ideal and are expensive).

Mesmer – Geared with zerker and assassin (aside from raid tanking, mostly), but to get boon duration, you’ll want to grind for surging runes or pay out the nose for a sigil of concentration (about 140+ gold atm).

Engi – Most raid groups will want you as condi, which requires grinding for Viper’s insignia/inscription recipes and the additional cost of crafting those since black diamonds aren’t cheap. You’ll also need to knock out Living Story achievements for most of the Sinister trinkets. You can run a power engi, which is a lot easier to gear (just grab zerk gear), but it’s generally lower dps and less desired by groups.

Rome.7124

hi guys,

thanks for all the helpful info.

I came across this on reddit regarding agony infusion with 5/7 stat on them, and they look super expensive. What are you guys think of them, worth the price to invest potentially for future raid content?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3zfjnh/why_we_need_5_stat_7_ar_infusions/

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

No one can say that but you: do you have a few thousands gold to spare?

Dahkeus.8243

The ones they’re talking about are the infusions with stats that cost a ton to craft. Don’t worry about those until you’re sitting on mountains of gold and are looking for a way to go broke for a marginal stat increase. Here’s the infusions you want:

+5 versatile simple infusion
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Versatile_Simple_Infusion

+7 versatile simple infusion
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Versatile_Simple_Infusion_

For infused/attuned slots (the ones you add to rings and back pieces), you can use these. Just be aware that these won’t work in the other, normal infusion slots:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Those are super expensive. A full set of precision infusion will cost you around 1200 gold, while the same set in condi damage will cost about 750 gold.

IMO it was never worth it, but it was a expensive way to reach the ultimate gear for your character, which had both max stats and was able to go in max fractal. But now that we all use +7 AR infusion for fractal, those +5 AR, +5 stats are not worth using since you can’t even go in max fractal with those. That’s why the reddit tread ask that we were able to transform our +5 AR, +5 stats into +7AR, +5 stats.

But anyway. Really not worth the gold.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Eh, it’s 70 stats. It’s no joke and not that easy to ignore.

Buy infusions or almost a legendary? Heh. I probably would’ve ended up buying those infusions eventually if they didn’t add so many new goldsinks… Still 1, I don’t play one single armorset everywhere; 2, I don’t play one single char everywhere and 3, if I had to do it on say ranger… I’d be barred from doing higher level fractals. Ok, who does fracs 100? but still. And what about my other characters?
I simply don’t play enough nowadays to want such a thing. It’s affordable (for one char…), ok, and yet too close to the line that divides grinding in a game for something shiny you like vs working for something because you “have to”. I like being effective and I don’t wanna drag my team down, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

… they should scrap the idea altogether, it’s stupid as hell. They got themselves into a messy hole with all this stat creep.
/offtopic and rant closed

Rome.7124

The ones they’re talking about are the infusions with stats that cost a ton to craft. Don’t worry about those until you’re sitting on mountains of gold and are looking for a way to go broke for a marginal stat increase. Here’s the infusions you want:

+5 versatile simple infusion
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Versatile_Simple_Infusion

+7 versatile simple infusion
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Versatile_Simple_Infusion_

For infused/attuned slots (the ones you add to rings and back pieces), you can use these. Just be aware that these won’t work in the other, normal infusion slots:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

thank you again, I also found another reddit post with useful steps on getting to 150A without the + stat infusions in 3 easy steps:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3zkqvl/does_fractal_level_and_agony_resist_make_any/

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

was about to write the same, did a quick research and i cannot see any possible 4th slot anywhere…

Sorry I should have phrased it better, I meant both rings take 4 agony infusions in total. Not counting the versatile infusion slot

(edited by SirPrizeBartSachs.4670)