skipping/stacking and class bigotry.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

If you’re not willing to admit that you’re just as much at fault as the other party, then you are only contributing to the problem.

Hey now. I like wearing skimpy armor. Doesn’t make it my fault.

Posted by: Omg Casey.5973

Omg Casey.5973

I hate you.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
Warrior- Emperor casey
Elementalist- Klyptis

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Frankly, I wouldn’t blame it on the good meta players at all. Their group descriptions always express what they expect clearly and concisely. The blame here is on those players who refuse to read the advertisement and just join.
My advertisement format usually goes like this:
Zerk|Speedrun|XP|PX|Already in
In an ideal world, they would have to read the whole ad to know if I’m running the path they’re looking to run. Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world, so I often get Clerics, Soldiers and other undesired stat combos despite the fact that I explicitly stated what I was looking for.

At first I wouldn’t ask them to ping their gear, as I would trust people to do their part, but after experiencing this situation over and over, I now feel compelled to do so if I want to have quick, efficient runs.

I don’t enjoy having to tell people that they don’t meet the group’s expectations and kick them afterwards, but I must.

So yeah, my beef isn’t with casual/inexperienced players. It’s just that insta-joiners happen to be casual/inexperienced most of the time.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

If you’re not willing to admit that you’re just as much at fault as the other party, then you are only contributing to the problem.

Check the past threads, see which side is the most common instigator/thread starter.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

^ Pretty much summed it up. To be fair, it has been some time since I’ve pugged dungeons. I must say I enjoy the sanity-saving runs that only a Guild run can provide. Still, maybe folks have started reading LFGs more and being more considerate.

I’m discussing more on the points of principle. Someone said earlier that most of the players in the game are casual speed runners. I would have to disagree based on my experienced. Most of the players I encountered were in PVT gear and off-meta setup.

The LFG has allowed for unfiltered access to a group. Once that can be addressed, problems and threads like this one will be a thing of the past. There will always be a need for quality control (or pace control).

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Frankly, I wouldn’t blame it on the good meta players at all. Their group descriptions always express what they expect clearly and concisely. The blame here is on those players who refuse to read the advertisement and just join.
My advertisement format usually goes like this:
Zerk|Speedrun|XP|PX|Already in
In an ideal world, they would have to read the whole ad to know if I’m running the path they’re looking to run. Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world, so I often get Clerics, Soldiers and other undesired stat combos despite the fact that I explicitly stated what I was looking for.

At first I wouldn’t ask them to ping their gear, as I would trust people to do their part, but after experiencing this situation over and over, I now feel compelled to do so if I want to have quick, efficient runs.

I don’t enjoy having to tell people that they don’t meet the group’s expectations and kick them afterwards, but I must.

So yeah, my beef isn’t with casual/inexperienced players. It’s just that insta-joiners happen to be casual/inexperienced most of the time.

^
I very often teach people who are new to dungeons, or even the game in general, what to do and how to do it. I by no means mind showing people the ropes (most of the time.) And for those that already understand, I don’t mind if the run is a bit slow either. But when I’m farming, or not in the mood for having to explain every detail of a dungeon’s strategies, I’ll specifically state so in my group description. Which is usually the path(s) I’d like to run and my requirements. Eg. P3 ~ [Experienced.] Not that strict… If you join and decide to run all over the place and not listen to the group when we ask for you to cooperate, you’re out.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with stacking or “meta.” Although it does suck a lot of the fun out of dungeons, honestly they’re not that fun done the “proper” way either. Stacking is the easiest way to share boons/buffs, get people up if they go down and to keep damage packed tightly on the enemy(s) at all times. It’s not an exploit it’s a strategy, as boring and repetitive as it may be. If you don’t want to skip mobs, state so in your description. Some people are okay with that. Personally, I try to avoid skipping enemies as well but only if it won’t take a lengthy period of time to clear them. It’s too much effort for no return. Maybe if it were actually fun I’d be more interested…
Anyway, if you don’t want to be kicked or yelled at or what ever else… Read the group description carefully before joining. Or, make your own group with your own requirements.
As long as people aren’t blatantly bashing others like calling them idiots or what ever else, I really see no problem with kicking if the person has directly gone against what the host has asked in their description. Their entitled to their preference as much as yourself.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Check the past threads, see which side is the most common instigator/thread starter.

I’ve been here for a while now; I’ve seen more than enough to make my case.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Because you constantly instigate. Lol.

Anyway, whatever guys this thread was over 50 posts ago.

Make your own parties. Join PASSS. Do whatever. Don’t impose on others right to play how they want, and that’s for both sides of this stupid, endless argument.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Black Box.9312

Because you constantly instigate. Lol.

I won’t deny that much. But even without me being here, there’d still be bad apples on both sides.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This won’t end because someone typically insists on having the last word

btw I encourage people to count the created topics complaining about meta players vs created topics complaining about play how you wants.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

FenrirSlakt.3692

This won’t end because someone typically insists on having the last word

btw I encourage people to count the created topics complaining about meta players vs created topics complaining about play how you wants.

Yes, I’d like to see this.

Bread.7516

referring to created topics (thus instigators), and anyone who has been here a while knows the answer to that

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

-Would you join a guild exclusively for Legit dungeon runs?
-All bosses would be fought as intended.
-Light skipping would be fine, aka playing smart around patrols, or unless ENTIRE group want to treat something as a Gauntlet event.
-Good group cohesion, of skill, but not meta groups.
-Please this is not a discussion of legit play forum trolls.
-Time for Positive play dungeoners to come together, or abandon all hope.

-simple yes or short comments.

I find it beyond ironic that someone trying to argue against “bigotry” states as a mission statement to enforce playing only a certain way.

Black Box.9312

referring to created topics (thus instigators), and anyone who has been here a while knows the answer to that

There have been plenty of instances where the ‘instigators’ in question were those coming up with snarky, often insulting responses to people that may just have simple questions that they’d like answered.

Bread.7516

There have been plenty of instances where the ‘instigators’ in question were those coming up with snarky, often insulting responses to people that may just have simple questions that they’d like answered.

Casual runners who post in a peaceful manner get a good treatment (eg, PASSS thread and that one other thread looking for likeminded runners).

Casual runners who post threads about complaining, whining, forcing play styles, false information or claims get crap flooded on them with no pulled punches. Of course responses to these threads become snarky and insulting. They may have been simple questions but more often than not they’re people forcing an idea rather than just leaving it on the table for people to take.

Responses matter little since they’re to be expected, it’s about who fires the first shot more often.

(edited by Bread.7516)

FenrirSlakt.3692

Casual runners who post in a peaceful manner get a good treatment (eg, PASSS thread and that one other thread looking for likeminded runners).

Casual runners who post threads about complaining, whining, forcing play styles, false information or claims get crap flooded on them with no pulled punches. Of course responses to these threads become snarky and insulting. They may have been simple questions but more often than not they’re people forcing an idea rather than just leaving it on the table for people to take.

Responses matter little since they’re to be expected, it’s about who fires the first shot more often.

(edited by Moderator)

Black Box.9312

I feel like I’m arguing with Fox News here. Never mind then, carry on.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Yes. I did near release and most members got the dm title I think. Then they expanded into wvwvw. I was on different server so left at that point.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Never start something you can’t finish.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

It may be that you are actually fox news.

/forumception O_O

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Black Box.9312

/forumception O_O

This forum is like Fox News, the GW2 subreddit is like CNN, and I’m the guy just sitting on his couch wondering where the kitten the real news is.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

/forumception O_O

This forum is like Fox News, the GW2 subreddit is like CNN, and I’m the guy just sitting on his couch wondering where the kitten the real news is.

BBC.

Does america actually have any serious decent news station? Ive always thought its a bit of a joke over there.

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

/forumception O_O

I was under the impression that more people visited the reddit than the official site. Is this not the case? I say this because nobody actually watches/reads CNN anymore. There are shows on Fox that have more viewership than entire days of CNN. MSNBC has more eyeballs than CNN and its even more slanted and partisan than Fox is. As for real news, well you have to go to primary sources, something that no news channel does anymore (they just repost somebody elses story with almost no fact checking anymore).

As for BBC, has been called “britain broadcasting communism” or “Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation” despite being state run media is hardly an unbiased network, though at least it follows the forms of being impartial which is something that US news companies have long ago abandoned (Fox despite its well known right slant actually gives more time to opposing views than their competitors and has actual heavyweights on the opposition talk instead of weak waffling guys their competitors show).

I would say this forum is more like GW2general in /vg/. militant fluff bunny rps vs hardcore tryhards vs people who just want to speed run with a good group.

(edited by notabot.3497)

Black Box.9312

/forumception O_O

BBC.

Does america actually have any serious decent news station? Ive always thought its a bit of a joke over there.

Well, ironically the most reliable source of news on television over here is on Comedy Central.

So to answer your question directly, no, not really.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

Can someone please post some videos of these no-skip/any class/any build dungeon runs? I would love to see a 1 hour CoF P1 run.

44 Minute CoF P1

dat damage… o_O

also: yes at least once…

(edited by Lalangamena.3694)

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

/forumception O_O

BBC.

That’s funny that you think you actually get real news from the BBC. The news is a joke everywhere.

Can we really even call it the news anymore? Should call it the Deception or something.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

/forumception O_O

BBC.

That’s funny that you think you actually get real news from the BBC. The news is a joke everywhere.

Can we really even call it the news anymore? Should call it the Deception or something.

Well its informative and it doesnt make me cringe every 5 seconds so I kind of do consider it real news. Occasionally theres some pointless crap, but there always is.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I realize this isn’t relevant to the thread at hand, but in the US there was a recent bill? (Law, or something) that declared news as “entertainment” and thus news stations are not held accountable for what they say. The more you know!

I brought a very new guardian into a couple dungeons today, he was quite good. He didn’t have problems with the skipping and stacking we did, because before we went in he said he had never been able to finish a single dungeon path before in pugs. I think he appreciated the 15 minute TA up (yeah I know could be faster) and the cof path 2. We even had a ranger in our group. What.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

I brought a very new guardian into a couple dungeons today, he was quite good. He didn’t have problems with the skipping and stacking we did, because before we went in he said he had never been able to finish a single dungeon path before in pugs. I think he appreciated the 15 minute TA up (yeah I know could be faster) and the cof path 2. We even had a ranger in our group. What.

Nice to hear that not every new player is jumping on the “puberty train”.

That said, it often makes me wonder wether these kittenposters on the forum are trolling or if they’re actually serious about the bullkitten they spout out. Or to put it in another way, wether they are just pretending to be kittened or indeed kittened.

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Nice to hear that not every new player is jumping on the “puberty train”.

That said, it often makes me wonder wether these kittenposters on the forum are trolling or if they’re actually serious about the bullkitten they spout out. Or to put it in another way, wether they are just pretending to be kittened or indeed kittened.

I suspect most of them have barely done any dungeons. If they did do them regularly, they would of switched to meta tactics long ago. Since their play how you want, no skipping, no stacking runs are probably too long and frustrating to stomach on a regular basis even for the most anti “exploit” player.

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

I do this with my guild. To tell you the truth 90% of all dungeons go faster if you do them the right way. So yeah… to the lazy, no skill, exploiters…. learn to play the game plz and have some fun.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

lazy, no skill, exploiters…. learn to play the game plz and have some fun.

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

lazy, no skill, exploiters…. learn to play the game plz and have some fun.

When I hear lazy, no skill exploiters, I think frostgorge sound champ train exploiters. Seriously, they should go play the game and have some fun.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

Can someone please post some videos of these no-skip/any class/any build dungeon runs? I would love to see a 1 hour CoF P1 run.

44 Minute CoF P1

the chat is enough reason for me to move to that server, any1 know which server they were in?

“what does fury do?”
“guys we gotta spawn parrots.. get hit”
boss at 1% hp “guys i gonna switch charr”
“u guys at rares or soemthing?” → links greens
LOL

(edited by Swagginator.3246)

cranked.3812

I do this with my guild. To tell you the truth 90% of all dungeons go faster if you do them the right way. So yeah… to the lazy, no skill, exploiters…. learn to play the game plz and have some fun.

What color is the sky in your world? It must be pretty, because the drugs you are in are mighty nice.

Please show us a video of you doing a “legit” no skip/no stack dungeon run faster than a stacking/skipping run. It doesn’t even make sense from a logical point of view that you can kill 10 times the enemies and not stack to gain group buffs easier and still do the dungeon faster. The only time skipping is slower is places like dredge fractal where people don’t know how to skip, but stuff like that is few and far between.

Also, fun is relative. You enjoy doing dungeons by killing everything and getting no additional rewards, while the rest of us enjoy getting our 7389394th CoE P1 run done quickly and getting the same thing.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

OP, how do you play melee without stacking? Or are you saying that all players should be playing with ranged weapons? We are playing mostly melee for a reason – more damage, more boons, faster reviving and more. So, what’s your reason for NOT stacking?

Also, why no meta builds? I gotta laught at statements like this “Uh, i’m gonna use non meta build, you know, just to show these zerk idiots that i’m against it! Even tho i know my build would be weaker, but whatever, i must go with non meta, just because!”
I’m not saying non meta builds are bad, they can be even better, but the your reasoning to not use meta build seems like a same reason that a five years old kid would have.

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

lemme know how it goes when you’ve spent 2 hours in arah and havent even made it to lupi yet.

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

What color is the sky in your world? It must be pretty, because the drugs you are in are mighty nice.

Please show us a video of you doing a “legit” no skip/no stack dungeon run faster than a stacking/skipping run. It doesn’t even make sense from a logical point of view that you can kill 10 times the enemies and not stack to gain group buffs easier and still do the dungeon faster. The only time skipping is slower is places like dredge fractal where people don’t know how to skip, but stuff like that is few and far between.

Also, fun is relative. You enjoy doing dungeons by killing everything and getting no additional rewards, while the rest of us enjoy getting our 7389394th CoE P1 run done quickly and getting the same thing.

It just sounds like you have never ran with good players. The group I run with isn’t full zerker either. I play with the same 7 – 10 people everyday, who understand the mechanics of the game well enough to melt bosses without having to stack. From experience, about 50% of the paths in arah people skip, it’s faster just to melt through them than spend 20 mins trying to wall jump around things and wait on others. I’m not saying we kill every trash mob, but we do fight every boss as intended and it doesn’t take any longer than people in their speed runs. We have almost got it to the point where we can kill lupi within a min or 2. Maybe I will start posting videos on the forums, just for naysayers like you.

cranked.3812

It just sounds like you have never ran with good players. The group I run with isn’t full zerker either. I play with the same 7 – 10 people everyday, who understand the mechanics of the game well enough to melt bosses without having to stack. From experience, about 50% of the paths in arah people skip, it’s faster just to melt through them than spend 20 mins trying to wall jump around things and wait on others. I’m not saying we kill every trash mob, but we do fight every boss as intended and it doesn’t take any longer than people in their speed runs. We have almost got it to the point where we can kill lupi within a min or 2. Maybe I will start posting videos on the forums, just for naysayers like you.

How does what I said lead you to believe that I have never played with good players? Or is that another assumption that people who run zerk and stack are bads?

I also think you are confusing skipping with the terrible players who try to use “jumping puzzles” to get around in arah. There is a difference between skipping past the endless amounts of trash mobs and exploiting jumping areas in dungeons. I believe the OP was referring to the former.

I just don’t understand why people like you come in here and tell us all what the intended methods of doing dungeons are. You play the way you want and the rest of us will do the same. Not sure how you have established that your way is the skilled way and the rest of us are not so good.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Oh dear lord. Thank you.

I really needed a good laugh.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Maybe I will start posting videos on the forums, just for naysayers like you.

You really should post videos.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I play with the same 7 – 10 people everyday, who understand the mechanics of the game well enough to melt bosses without having to stack. From experience, about 50% of the paths in arah people skip, it’s faster just to melt through them than spend 20 mins trying to wall jump around things and wait on others. I’m not saying we kill every trash mob, but we do fight every boss as intended and it doesn’t take any longer than people in their speed runs. We have almost got it to the point where we can kill lupi within a min or 2. Maybe I will start posting videos on the forums, just for naysayers like you.

If someone is spending 20 mins trying to skip some part of arah, that person doesn’t know what he is doing. Arah skips are really easy once you’ve done them once or twice. And killing lupicus within 2 mins sounds like you are meleeing him… which means stacking on him. Watch out, you might get banned for exploiting!

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

if these skippable mobs were to drop something such as 7-8 silver each, worth the time killing them, i wouldn’t skip.
but it’s a players nature to not do something that wastes time, but it really is more fun to kill everything.. and get parrots to do damage.