so... how is it looking?

so... how is it looking?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

For us poor sods still stuck at work. How are fractals?

Aside from a bunh of bug reports etc. The fractured forum is well bleh

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I haven’t had a chance to play either, but it looks like experienced groups will just blitz through the instabilities while casuals fall apart like usual.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

We did levels 30 and 31. Pugs will struggle like is the case with new content every time. Overall my guess is difficulty of those levels is quite similar to old level 30s. Didn’t really run a whole lot of those before reset so hard to compare. At least they are by far easier than old 48 though, let alone higher levels.

Rewards still seem to suck: 1,2g for lvl 30, 1,3g for lvl 31. I think at least 2 of us got a ring from both end boss fights but even if the droprate was increased I doubt that is what people wanted.

Instabilities are refreshing but the way Anet pushed this update out is still ridiculous with resets, leaderboards and bugs. I have hard time imagining we would be challenged on the way to 50.

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Also, you really don’t want to find out what happened at Thaumanova. Or you might. I don’t know if you like… certain narrative decisions made this year.

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

Some of the instabilities are really going to be painful for zerker teams.

Overextended – Take damage when you deal critical damage

Also a few of them are just hilarious,

Doctor Death – Skills from the healing slot cause death
Stay Aloft – You cannot deal damage while on the ground
Double Tag Team – Two players must remain out of combat

And even class biased,

Eye See You You cannot become invisible.

Full list here; http://dulfy.net/2013/11/26/gw2-mistlock-instabilities/#more-66344

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

@lvl30: Got dredge, was hoping for a change to the entire fractal. Almost nothing is changed. Clown car is still the same, though they fixed the pipe and filled it with sand. There are now bronze dredge with a ton of health. Also, in the switch part, the mesmer port still works, but the door now closes if someone dies on a switch. However, the thief I was with stayed in it while the door closed.

The only nice thing I noticed was that the rampaging ice elemental didn’t lose or gain defiant from temporal curtain, so I could interrupt his heal with temporal curtain whenever I wanted. Not sure what happened there.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It seems like they’ve closed off a few more ways you could run fractals that were not in the design (even if not exploits) such as dead people holding down pads in the dredge cage. I noticed one helpful bug fix but most of the annoying stuff seemed to still be there and unfixed. My group got a ridiculous amount of loot on level 20 but the diminishing returns (that don’t exist of course) will probably kick in soon.

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

yay mai trin

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Nosoyelarty.7268

Nosoyelarty.7268

“Antielitism: Elite skills cause death”

lol

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Missing these

a) Death to the clerics: More health than based health, take more damage percentage wise on extra health.
b) Cripple to the clerics: More health than based health, attack power is reduced percentage wise on extra health.
c) Rough & tough: More toughness than based toughness, take more damage percentage wise on extra toughness.
b) Cripple to the tough: More toughness than based toughness, attack power is reduced percentage wise on extra toughness.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

The Life of a RP’er: Cannot move faster than ‘walk’ speed.

Edit: LOL I was joking but it’s pretty much in there
Paranoid The effects of combat are always active ~ For that glorious RP experience.

Reaper Death periodically strikes
Weak Link If one party member dies, all die
Looks pretty lulsy

Determination Enemies occasionally become invulnerable
I think this is already a thing in Uncategorised.

Broken Mirrors You cannot reflect missiles
Would make Grawl…. Impossible?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

I think if it’s just making all missiles not be affected by reflect fields then you can still survive given that you have smoke screen, SoA and shield block – since those destroy projectiles. Ele air focus 4 should also protect you. If it makes all projectiles be unaffected by any projectile manipulation, though…

Well, good luck?

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I got to 34 before I had to go to bed. The toughest one so far was 33 and the extra damage from flank attacks. Some of the mobs were hitting at 33 for the amount I was used to being hit for at 63, 20k heartseekers on cliffside etc.

Molten Facility: pretty much insanely easy
Aetherblade Retreat: jumping puzzle
Molten Duo: DPS down the zerker easily and then avoid red circles of the other dude, easy
Mai Trin: can’t dodge shadow shot so no reflects is a problem. Will be pretty tough for play how you want pugs.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

I like 41, Playing favorites: Untargeted enemies take half damage.

As a mesmer who is frustrated by constantly losing target, I target absolutely everything I fight.

However, dredge, grawl, and cliffside will definitely suck with this.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

As a mesmer who is frustrated by constantly losing target, I target absolutely everything I fight.

I get bored, so I’m constantly sitting there spamming tab-1-tab-1-tab-1-tab-1 when I fight trash. Wonder how the instability reacts to that

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

I get bored, so I’m constantly sitting there spamming tab-1-tab-1-tab-1-tab-1 when I fight trash. Wonder how the instability reacts to that

Good point. I wonder if they mean actually placing a target on somebody, or just who you have selected. I assumed it was ctrl+t targeting.

If it’s who you have selected, then that’s poor phrasing.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

I remember those dredge you pulled.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I remember those dredge you pulled.

c:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

Re Fractured

The graphical and design department did an outstanding job as usual. New content looks and feels amazing during play, this is no surprise as Anets team of artists produce some of the best results Ive seen in any game, including the leading subscription designers.

Its too bad that the logistics department was not as gifted with the same levels of talent as their artists. New end boss content that mirrors holy trinity type of play with massive amounts of aoe and range damage that will only further encourage players to seek heavy ac classes to group with and therefor increase the chances for success and reduced finishing time. Anet seems to be on the warpath to completely push the light and “squishy” character types out of PVE altogether, and create a dystopian “warrior nation” environment.

The new fractal LFG messages already are beginning to flood with “warrior only” groups and will continue to do so as long as the heavy ac classes are not allowed to do what they are supposed to do, soak up damage. Im still amazed why Anet even bothered to create 3 different armor classes in a game that is totally unprejudiced on dispensing hurt.

I did find it rather dispiriting that they decided to limit the pristine reward to 1 per account per day instead of 1 per character per day.

I also thought it was a mistake to remove the shortened game play from the odd numbers, as the time it takes to complete 4 fractals is already excessive for many players. Leaving an option to shorten the duration while still playing the content was at least to some, a reason to keep playing.

All in all I believe that the new content isn’t the lifeboat for fractals that anet wanted it to be, and will probably backfire with the addition of much tougher end bosses that are now mandatory to finish even if you have already completed your daily.

But for now, new content is new content, so everyone jump on your warriors and go have fun!

so... how is it looking?

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

On the Mai thing, I think you can either blind her and make the shadow-step miss, or use a non-aegis block (not sure if aegis works too, haven’t tested it yet BUT IMO the previous iteration of AR couldn’t block the shadowstep). Reflecting the shadow-step makes whoever reflected it get ported to Mai, though – projectile absorb is better for her.

She also shoots SS at the farthest target, and her tell (while hard to read if she’s being blanketed by FX) is pretty noticeable and takes around half to a full second to fire. Kinda good when rescuing someone by ressing.