stop the drop of fractal rings

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

i have 70 infused rings there is no place for me to store them
give us a vendor to trade 10 rings (or 20,50 i don’t care) for acendet box or fractal weapon or anything useful : (

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

You can trade ascended rings for 4 silver and 95 copper at most vendors in the game.

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

70 Rings * 4s95c = 3g46s50c

That’s like… 8 Globs of Ectoplasm!!! Lucky You!!!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’m just tired of uninfused rings for 40+ fractals.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

But what about those who are starting out on the higher level fractals and are looking for rings? You stop dropping them, make them only purchasable through relic vendors, and those seeking the rings are screwed. So you have a bunch of rings, because you run fractals a lot. If youdon’t have a use for them, sell them and move on. No reason to take away a reward because some people have an excessive amount.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

But what about those who are starting out on the higher level fractals and are looking for rings? You stop dropping them, make them only purchasable through relic vendors, and those seeking the rings are screwed. So you have a bunch of rings, because you run fractals a lot. If youdon’t have a use for them, sell them and move on. No reason to take away a reward because some people have an excessive amount.

Completely understandable point. They should absolutely stay on the loot table up to fractal level 39 or even 49.

The problem for the people who still run high level fractals regularly is that even at level 50 we still get rings with (and usually as) our daily reward. Some of us would rather get nothing than a ring, it’s just a 4 silver waste of inventory space.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I find it amusing that your signature actually applies so well to this topic.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I second pdavis’ and Shinki’s posts on here. I used to get my rings with the pristine fractal relics and I got a few this way, nowadays however I’m aiming at getting the last fractal capacitor skin (while still in need of 1-2 particular rings) so I use my pristine relics on it.

Of course, I highly doubt I’d need any rings after level 39 though.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’d second their point if it had any basis in reality.

Let’s say my first ever fractal is a level 50. My final reward is from my prl. I get empyreal shards.

If your prl is up to 30+ you have at least 1 ring and most likely at least 20 pristines. Come the crap on guys.

/grumpylilith

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

pdavis.8031

Let’s say my first ever fractal is a level 50. My final reward is from my prl. I get empyreal shards.

If your prl is up to 30+ you have at least 1 ring and most likely at least 20 pristines. Come the crap on guys.

/grumpylilith

How is our sentiments NOT based in reality? Removing the ring drop completly is an idea not based in reality if anything. It really is more of a non issue. Many players already think that the reward system is broken, and is horrible, removing a drop because fractal frequenters have multiple rings is just plain lunacy.

recognize my command!”

Lilith Ajit.6173

/grumpylilith

How is our sentiments NOT based in reality? Removing the ring drop completly is an idea not based in reality if anything. It really is more of a non issue. Many players already think that the reward system is broken, and is horrible, removing a drop because fractal frequenters have multiple rings is just plain lunacy.

I’m saying the reality is that ring drops at 38 has absolutely no purpose. Literally no purpose. You gave a crappy reason, I gave the reason why it’s crappy. I’m grumpy and sick of people not seeing logic. Please. Please. See logic.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

pdavis.8031

/grumpylilith

I’m saying the reality is that ring drops at 38 has absolutely no purpose. Literally no purpose. You gave a crappy reason, I gave the reason why it’s crappy. I’m grumpy and sick of people not seeing logic. Please. Please. See logic.

So why do ring drops at 38 have no purpose? It’s a reward, the ring can be equipped, it’s accountbound so even if that character can’t use it, an alt might be able to. I don’t see how my reasoning that those who run fractals often and getting multiple rings as a reward is any reason to remove them as drops. That is a very logical reason. Just because some people see rings dropped at level 38 having no purpose, and thus should remove them as a drop is not logical.

P.S. Cheer up. If you are in a grumpy mood, coming here on the forums isn’t going to help. It WILL cause you to be more grumpy and start throwing things. :P

recognize my command!”

Lilith Ajit.6173

/grumpylilith

So why do ring drops at 38 have no purpose? It’s a reward, the ring can be equipped, it’s accountbound so even if that character can’t use it, an alt might be able to. I don’t see how my reasoning that those who run fractals often and getting multiple rings as a reward is any reason to remove them as drops. That is a very logical reason. Just because some people see rings dropped at level 38 having no purpose, and thus should remove them as a drop is not logical.

P.S. Cheer up. If you are in a grumpy mood, coming here on the forums isn’t going to help. It WILL cause you to be more grumpy and start throwing things. :P

They’re account bound. You only need 2 rings. If you do wvw, 4 rings. If you like to experiment I can see 10 rings (dps set, condi set, soldier set, healing set, variable set).

If you would rather have them drop at 30+ than say something better, I think you’re insane. If you need a ring, you can do 10s and 20s if they changed it. If you don’t want to do 10s and 20s, which take a fraction of the time, you have the token system for rings.

What the rings do in higher level fractals is they show Anet “well, they’re getting something!” And do nothing else for the player. If your prl is in the 30s, you have the rings. Only rings you might be missing are ones you can easily trade for pristines. Why do they need to take up a reward slot? Why not replace ring drops in high levels with accessories? Or amulets? Or anything else that would be more useful than my god kitten 10th Ettinbrand Ettinband.

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

I would really like to have them bumped off the table at 50. If only because of the false hope that gets completely shattered when you run the most difficult 5 man encounters in the game and when you see three rewards pop up in that daily chest it’s almost never exciting.

Pre-Fractured update when you ran a 38 and got 3 items in that daily chest it was far more exciting! Now it’s just five people saying “Another crappy ring, thanks for the group.”

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

An easy fix would be to allow the final daily chest to award 2 separate drops, one for a ring, 2nd for a fractal skin/ascended box

This way the chance to roll a ring is separate from rolling a fotm skin.
Also with the change, please change the fotm skins to a fotm chest drop which allows us to pick a skin of our choice.

Now the countless ring drops is a different issue, you cannot disable them since new players are still looking for them. So leave them in, at least we can still vendor them.

winterchillz.2564

I think that the “stop getting rings after 30” was just an example o: Well, if not, it sounded like one. To be fair, from my experience so far, it should even be after 20. I have 4 characters, my fractal reward level is 21 and I already have 8 rings + I’ve sold like 4 so far because I didn’t need them.

Anyway, I think we should all enjoy some cake, ladies and gents! c:

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I think that the “stop getting rings after 30” was just an example o: Well, if not, it sounded like one. To be fair, from my experience so far, it should even be after 20. I have 4 characters, my fractal reward level is 21 and I already have 8 rings + I’ve sold like 4 so far because I didn’t need them.

Anyway, I think we should all enjoy some cake, ladies and gents! c:

On the other hand, my main account is currently at reward level 35, has less than 20 rings (if there’s one person out of 5 that doesn’t get a ring you can bet on it it’s me … and no, I’ve never seen any ascended boxes or fractal skins either, except in other people’s loot), and about 90% of those rings have healing power on them. The “best” I’ve ever got was one soldier’s stat ring for my warrior’s wvw equipment.

I’d love to get a set of rings for each of the five 80s on that account, even if the stats only half-way fit their equipment, but right now it doesn’t look as if that is going to happen anytime soon …

goes off to bed trying to look more grumpy than Lilith and feeling pretty successful at that

winterchillz.2564

Oh, sowwy, Ras! And you better have some good excuse for being offline tonight! We had to pug our level 21 and level 19 fractals and I was hoping you’d get online.

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Oh, sowwy, Ras! And you better have some good excuse for being offline tonight! We had to pug our level 21 and level 19 fractals and I was hoping you’d get online.

Were you one of the people who didn’t help her with Aetherpath?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

I think Ascended Accessories should replace the uninfused rings on 31+. This way we at least don’t have to waste 80 Laurels and 100 Ectos gearing up an alt…

Laurels would still be the best place to get amulets (Can’t say only because the triforge pendant exists) – but they are still only 30 laurels / character

winterchillz.2564

Nope, I was only once in Aetherblade path and I will never step in there again. c:

Cloud of Sparrows

pdavis.8031

recognize my command!”

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Why not replace ring drops in high levels with accessories?

Yes please.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Nope, I was only once in Aetherblade path and I will never step in there again. c:

Excuse? goes off to find the book of excuses from long-lost days of roleplaying a kender Does being grumpy count as an excuse? I didn’t get online until well after 8 and was only on my other account … remind me to give you the account id when you see me online.

And you should reconsider about Aetherpath, once you understand the encounters it actually is a very interesting and pretty enjoyable path. I’ve only been in there three times myself (at least my main account has the mini, but I’d love to have it on this account, too), but would actually like to go there more often, if only I’d find people to go with me. Same as Arah really, a very interesting dungeon, but I only ever get a group for it every few months, and don’t know it well enough to dare to pug it sigh.

Back on topic, I guess the main problem really isn’t the rings, but the fact that you hardly ever get anything more exciting. A simple vendor in the fractal lobby that would let you exchange your useless rings for anything, e.g. 1 ring for 1 pristine relic (that way you could exchange 10 useless rings for 1 stat combination of your choice) or even one regular ring for a vial and one infused for a glob of mist essence, that would certainly make those ring drops much more bearable (and people like me who don’t even have rings drop all that often still get the chance to drop them in high-level fractals).

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Let us salvage rings for Dragonite!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Fractal rings are only a problem if you make them a problem. Sell them, just like you’d sell a worthless sigil from a dungeon run, and they stop being any problem whatsoever.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

What you guys are missing is the way Anet does things. In your eyes, removing a ring from loot tables will improve chances of getting fractal skin / ascended box, or rings will be replaced with something else.
Knowing how Anet been dealing with complains about having too much of something in the past, we can very easily conclude what would happen if thus situation would come to reality:

- Rings – removed
- Ascended boxes – unchanged
- Fractal Skins – unchanged
- Adding additional drops to loot table? Nah.

Don’t complain you’re getting something. Use it or sell it. The only problem I see is that the rings that drop are the ones that are NOT infused.

Buying rings with pristine relics? I don’t feel like Infusing it every time I make an alt. (Have 12 80s)

Rather than complaining about rings actually dropping, why don’t we complain about the uninfused rings dropping and the ridiculous nerf on fractal weapon skins that took place? Or have some other use for rings like a trade system or mystic forge recipe.

P.S. Lilith you mailbox is full

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Ok, guys, some people have already mentioned a bit, you complain that you get rings with no use, but rather you get nothing instead of just SELLING THEM!?!?!?! What kind of logic is that? Just sell them. I would be happy to have such a kittenload of rings, since I think Fractals is too long and boring (stopped after I ran it about 20-30 times) and have to buy all those rings with Laurels.

BTW: you don’t need ‘just two’ or maybe ‘4 if you do WvW’. I have 7 alts and play them more or less equaly…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ok, guys, some people have already mentioned a bit, you complain that you get rings with no use, but rather you get nothing instead of just SELLING THEM!?!?!?! What kind of logic is that? Just sell them. I would be happy to have such a kittenload of rings, since I think Fractals is too long and boring (stopped after I ran it about 20-30 times) and have to buy all those rings with Laurels.

BTW: you don’t need ‘just two’ or maybe ‘4 if you do WvW’. I have 7 alts and play them more or less equaly…

I have 13 Lv80 characters, all have ascended rings with stats I want. Yet, I still have every kind of ring you can get infused on my bank. Also, you don’t need ascended gear if you don’t run fractals. Exotic is good enough.
5s bonus as an end reward is a joke, especially for high level fractals. If the rings would give more money at the vendors, 50s or even 1g, that’d be fine.

Romo.3709

I have 13 Lv80 characters, all have ascended rings with stats I want. Yet, I still have every kind of ring you can get infused on my bank. Also, you don’t need ascended gear if you don’t run fractals. Exotic is good enough.
5s bonus as an end reward is a joke, especially for high level fractals. If the rings would give more money at the vendors, 50s or even 1g, that’d be fine.

-Stares-
Ascended Stats > Exotic Stats
I don’t understand why you don’t want that 5s… It’s like selling Junk at merchant. Junk takes up way more space than that 1 ring, and rings sells for much more.
On top of that, you end up AT the merchant the moment you get that “forsaken” ring…

Anet would never replace rings with something more valuable, nor would they increase other drops because of removal of rings. So treat it as a bonus.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

-Stares-
Ascended Stats > Exotic Stats
I don’t understand why you don’t want that 5s… It’s like selling Junk at merchant. Junk takes up way more space than that 1 ring, and rings sells for much more.
On top of that, you end up AT the merchant the moment you get that “forsaken” ring…

Anet would never replace rings with something more valuable, nor would they increase other drops because of removal of rings. So treat it as a bonus.

While they are better (and trinkets offer better stat increases than armor and weapon) it’s still nothing you really need, exotic is sufficient enough.

Also, your comparison is lacking imo. Trashloot drops while doing everything, the rings are a reward for finishing something that usually takes a hour AND gives you less gold than AC, even on the highest difficulty (Not sure if 50 gives 1g50) while having some of the more difficult encounters in the game.

It’s not about “not wanting” the 5s, it’s just a slap in the face on higher levels. “Here, you got your crappy 20th apothecary ring for a 49 run, it’s not even infused but whatever”. To this day I don’t understand why amulets and accessories can’t be gained by playing fractals, since they were made for them.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I didn’t tell that the selling price is fair. I just tried to explain that you can sell it. Still better than filling up your bank tabs.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Romo.3709

While they are better (and trinkets offer better stat increases than armor and weapon) it’s still nothing you really need, exotic is sufficient enough.

Also, your comparison is lacking imo. Trashloot drops while doing everything, the rings are a reward for finishing something that usually takes a hour AND gives you less gold than AC, even on the highest difficulty (Not sure if 50 gives 1g50) while having some of the more difficult encounters in the game.

It’s not about “not wanting” the 5s, it’s just a slap in the face on higher levels. “Here, you got your crappy 20th apothecary ring for a 49 run, it’s not even infused but whatever”. To this day I don’t understand why amulets and accessories can’t be gained by playing fractals, since they were made for them.

While I agree it’s a slap in the face when you get that 20th ring that you don’t need, it’s still something other than not getting anything. It’s fully understood that rings are somewhat of a abundance to us regular fractalers. I’ve been selling mines for months since I feel that one banktab full of them is sufficient.

The problem lays with the way we want it to be “fixed” and how Anet sees it.

I believe by now we witnessed quite a widespread in nerfs throughout the game let it be champion boxes, fractal skins or even the horrid Karma nerf…

You see with Karma, people complained they have too much of it and that they would love to have other uses for it. What Anet did? Nerfed it so bad that we get roughly less than 10% of what we used to be able to get. Then months later they gave us more use for Karma (which by then was scarce) for ascended crafting etc.

While rings drop quite frequently and tend to be disliked by many that already have all their toons equipped with them, like yourself or myself, they still something of a great use for other players that are yet getting into the whole fractals idea. To get a ring that actually matters is not an easy task from so many available, and to make it infused takes quite a big amount of essences that are still (despite the huge amount of them in my bank) rather a rare drop.

Rather than removing them completely it would be a wise idea to have other uses for them before we start making it harder to obtain. Salvaging, mystic forge, ring trader are some of the many options given to Anet to battle this “problem” yet none were incorporated to the game (yet). So we can only sit back, get some extra silver and wait for something that would be a meaningful change rather than completely removing the drop.

Since removing the drop from loot table would not affect the drops of other items that are sought after. So removing something would be completely meaningless.

Plus speaking from comparison comment you’ve made, with that point of view Rare or even Masterwork is sufficient enough. Since to be honest anything can be completed with no armor at all. Since me and quite a few friends of mine used to do naked dungeon/fractal runs. But as long as it has better stats, it should be sought after to better your toon.

On top of that I completely agree that the merchant price is laughable. Being the highest tier of a ring item it should definitely have much higher vendor value that it does right now.

(edited by Romo.3709)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

On top of that I completely agree that the merchant price is laughable. Being the highest tier of a ring item it should definitely have much higher vendor value that it does right now.

Maybe the merchants give so little because they also have lots of those rings and don’t especially want more! :o

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Romo.3709

Maybe the merchants give so little because they also have lots of those rings and don’t especially want more! :o

Mind = Blown

xD

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

To this day I don’t understand why amulets and accessories can’t be gained by playing fractals, since they were made for them.

That would make guild missions and laurels obsolete.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

To this day I don’t understand why amulets and accessories can’t be gained by playing fractals, since they were made for them.

That would make guild missions and laurels obsolete.

No it would not, since you simply have another way to get them. Also, you still get loot + money + merits for the guild from the missions.
Furthermore, you could also say they made rings in fractals obsolete when they added rings for laurels.