swampland

swampland

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I don’t know about impossible but it does seem unreasonably difficult without traited speed or swiftness since you seem to have to bring all 3 wisps at the same time (and between crippling traps and the distance the wisps spawn at sometimes, they always vanish before we can put them in, let alone all at the same time). Went in with a party of 5, nobody with traited speed, and we only managed to get one wisp in (after which it quickly reset and the next cycle one wisp was too far for us to make it). Started getting lag after and gave up.

Edit: Also, idk if this is a bug, but Mossman would stealth and then come back with full HP, making it impossible to kill.

swampland

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

Did it with 3 pugs and 2 on vent. Its like the torch lighting in CoF P3. Takes coordination. Bring sprints and condition removal. Not saying its fun or easy just possible.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

swampland

Posted by: Azif.1235

Azif.1235

We didn’t really have any trouble with it, no special tactics or voice we just went to a wisp each and started running. Took like 3-4 tries but then we got it, some wisp placements are easier than others so if you can’t make it just keep trying I guess since they change place. Mossman is the final boss of the fractal and he just harrasses you in the first part, you can’t kill him there.

swampland

neon.4863

Ohh okay – since we didn’t get to the boss (because the wisps kept disappearing before we could bring them in) we didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads up!

And yeah, next time we’ll bring speed+condi removal skills/traits, we just went in completely blind and were stumped because everyone was slow and crippled whoops.

Edit: Wait what this wasn’t my topic why is the first post gone I was replying to another person who was also having difficulty.

swampland

Posted by: Xenlai.8694

Xenlai.8694

Have a mesmer in your group to place a portal

swampland

neon.4863

Have a mesmer in your group to place a portal

Yeah, thought of that too, we just didn’t have any mesmers haha.

swampland

Posted by: Eye of the Night.2157

Eye of the Night.2157

Without a mesmer it’s too difficult. Our group just gave up after 90 minutes of trying.
It’s just not fun anymore when you get blocked by random vines without enough time to go around…

Players need at least 10-15 seconds more on that level.

swampland

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

It’s easy even without portals or perma swiftness. Two things:

• avoid traps – they’re visible with naked eye;
  • most spawned walls are climbable on one of the sides – don’t look for an open passage but jump over some parts.

Also – the Mossman is one of the possible final bosses…

swampland

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

I still wouldn’t say it’s “easy”… I think they should have the lower level fractals have a bit more time.

swampland

neon.4863

I couldn’t spot traps, myself (not a single one of them) so I kept running into them. Unsure if it was a render problem or lag on my end though since my latency today’s been a joke.

swampland

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

With my guild-mates, we were all in voice-chat, it took 1 hour… We were so nervous and frustrated I can’t describe it.
Finally we literally memorized all the traps spots (the locations are always the same). We traited for speed, buff the team with ranger warhorn if we could… Sometimes we just dropped the wisps in order to change the spawn spots if they were too far.
We were seriously leaving this fractals, cause it was so late in the night, when finally we manage to coordinate and put those wisps (maybe Dwayna was blessing us :P).
Not fun at all… The time is really too short. Did they tested it?! You can’t even see the traps!

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

(edited by Iridiana.9078)

swampland

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Whoever beta tested this bs needs to be fired, this crap is just that crap!