the floor is lava. don't step in it.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

so, objective is to not step or fall on any lava in volcanic fractal. and i didnt. no achievment. so i need a lil’ clarification. does this includes not stepping in lava fonts even when its not active (im talking about final boss fight)?

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

Posted by: Synthic.2894

Synthic.2894

I think that is the case. At least when I got this achievement myself, I made sure not to step in the lava pits, even when it wasn’t filled with lava. This also seemed to work for my other group members.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

It works, I already got my achievment. You can run inavtive lava fonts, but as soon as you touch an active one it’s over.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

levelnine.7036

still no luck for me. am i missing something? done this fractal more then 10 times since i’ve originally posted this thread, and im 100% sure that i didnt stood in lava fonts and evaded lava-balls all these times, and still nothing. :< it’s kinda frustrating.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

same here. i’ve done this fractal a minimum of 30 times since launch of the dungeon and i do no have this achievement, dunno wtf

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Inee.5371

Inee.5371

are you mesmer or ranger?
in our group these two classes still dont have the achievement with over 200 fractals completed, so we assume that illusions/minions/pets trigger the achievement aswell.
we didnt wanted to test that theory further though…

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

in our group these two classes still dont have the achievement with over 200 fractals completed, so we assume that illusions/minions/pets trigger the achievement aswell.

I’d like to add to this. Im an elementalist and i’ve never gotten it either. Next time I do volcanic i’ll resist the temptation to summon my elemental and see if that helps any.

levelnine.7036

nope, its not the case. im a thief. also, i dont use any summons since my fifth run, in case that they can ruin my achievement.

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Well my last run I didn’t touch a bit of lava, but did drop my supply crate with a turret in the lava, so I have a feeling that anything you control touches it you lose it. Lest you are not suppose to take the standing still damage…

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

My Fotm runner is a mesmer (Phantasm/Glamour Build). Got this achievement at the 70ish Fractual mark but I can’t remember the circumstances exactly. I wasn’t actively trying for the achievement when I got it. I was spamming my illusions though.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I did it quite a few times and made points to avoid active and inactive pools. Still got nothing. Thought maybe the fire from the rolling boulders counted, so I avoided that. Then considered that the area debuff for standing still might count as lava, so I avoided that also. No dice.

Ended up just saying “meh, ill get it when I get it” and quit paying attention. Two runs later the achievement randomly popped for me. So my advice is just forget about it and it will end up coming ^.^

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

As a mesmer, I got it on my first try. Though this was week 1, so maybe it was accidentaly bugged?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

wow that explains it. i play mesmer only.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

levelnine.7036

so, i believe its bugged after all. today we’ve finished this fractal on lvl 1. me and my friend stood the whole time on the bridge that leads to final boss arena. he got an achievement and i didnt.

i know that devs have more important issues to deal with, but maybe they can spare some time to look on this problem?

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

I was actually on my mesmer when I got it, so I doubt that.

More likely, people got close enough to the lava to register as a hit. Remember that GW2 hitboxes are generally bigger than your character, unless you’re a maximum-size norn.

I frequently get hit by AoE even when my characters are clearly standing 2 or 3 steps away from it (ex., the troll stomp in AC). And I know Arena Net has been aware of this for months (I played with some developers and it happened to them), but apparently changing the AoE circles to match your race (or simply making all circles a bit bigger than the actual damage effect) is too complicated (or not possible) with the current game engine.

Although the lava doesn’t show AoE circles, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s affected by the same issue.

- Al Zheimer

levelnine.7036

so, nothing new? am i the only one experiencing this issue?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Nope I seem to be experiencing it as well. I play as a warrior, though I have used the mistfire wolf elite skill when doing it. So maybe its adds?
The whole party doesn’t have to do it, do they? That’ll really suck if thats the case.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

On the way to the boss, there is lava during some of the jumps. Maybe if you went down to res someone there or fell in.. that could be a reason. I have seen a lot of players miss that last jump on the bridge before the final boss flame shaman as well.

Also, I finished this achievement a long time ago. It maybe buggy now for some players?

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I had been without this achievement for the longest time until recently. At first I had thought it had to deal with being on fire in general. So if you stop moving and catch on fire, step in a pit or take a hit from the boss’ fire arrow/aoe, then you’d fail.

But out of nowhere, lv30 and as a Mesmer, I got it. It felt random, mainly because I wasn’t expecting it. Still, I wasn’t paying attention to notice what I did and didn’t do that triggered it.

Sorry. =/

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I got it randomly too somewhere in my level 22 fractal region. So yeah, no idea why. I didnt do anything differently during the fight. I dont even remember it going superbly well.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The acheivement is bugged. No doubt about it.

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

There is sth strage with this achi. While being on lvls 10-20 I was still doing daily at lvl 2 or 4. For fractal relics and to get achi’s. I’ve tried 2-3 times on lvl 2 doing this one. Standing far from boss and shooting with rifle. Never stepped into lava. I’ve stopped trying as I thought it is bugged. Then somewhere around lvl 20 when I was not even paying attention to lava on the floor I’ve got my achi. So there is sth wrong there but it’s doable.

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”