the green skull problem

the green skull problem

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I don’t know if i’m one of those people who just can’t pay attention enough, even when i was stuned to find out there is a option that lets you expand your field of view, with that maxed out i have a hard time seeing the green skull that is like 3 meters above my chars head. When doing the sloth boss, which is inside the cave, the camera tends to not go that high and gets stuck in oddest places when you tank, can we get a skull that is something like the skull of a jade maw fractal, nice, low and big, and not tiny green skull one kilometar above the charracters head?

the green skull problem

Posted by: Arashiookami.2896

Arashiookami.2896

Its not just you, norns and char skulls are so far up (especially if you’re a particularly tall character) its impossible for you to see.

the green skull problem

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

I don’t really had an issue seeing it and you get a chat notification as well btw.

the green skull problem

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Take a look at your status bar (above skillbar) from time to time, you should have enough time to escape if you notice the Poison icon.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

the green skull problem

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Use a chat box which only displays game messages.

the green skull problem

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Did not had any problems with it until I decided to turn off the action camera. Skull pops up way too high if you have “Vertical camera position” set to low.

the green skull problem

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I think there needs to be a visual text dialog – to know you have the poison skull on you.
Just like the Timed bombs @ Sabatha.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

the green skull problem

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If only this volatile poison had a unique audio trigger for dialogue, maybe that would solve some issues.

the green skull problem

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You get an icon above your head
You get a text message in your chat + on the middle of your screen
You get a voice notification when you get the poison

Pretty sure that’s enough

the green skull problem

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The icon is kinda buggy. UI elements and squad markers/commander tag can overwrite it for some reason.

I play with sounds on and have yet to hear the voice notification, which is kinda what im asking for when i say a unique sound. Perhaps you’re confusing it for the targeted sound ?

the green skull problem

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

No one has mentioned that it is, in fact, GREEN. In a room covered in green poison, green poison clouds, green Poison slubling Spit, yellow to green shades of squad markers, a Massive sloth in the middle of it, green ley energy… I have NO trouble seeing the PURPLE Icon…

the green skull problem

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The icon is kinda buggy. UI elements and squad markers/commander tag can overwrite it for some reason.

I play with sounds on and have yet to hear the voice notification, which is kinda what im asking for when i say a unique sound. Perhaps you’re confusing it for the targeted sound ?

Nope; however, both the targeted + the volatile poison sound are the same. Changing that would probably be helpful, just like turning the text popup on your screen into something more similar to the “Player x has been fixated”-message.

the green skull problem

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Maybe it’s just me or maybe I’m not “pro” enough, but I have no time to be looking at my chat window nor my boon bar during the fight. There’s far too much else going on.

I haven’t noticed any distinct sound when I get the poison. However once I have it there’s a background wispy/bubbly sound. Unfortunately it’s very easy for other game sounds or TS chat to drown that out.

So the best I’ve come up with is to keep my camera zoomed out and to generally have it pointed towards the outside of the room. Then at least it isn’t shoved up against my character. The only downside is not being able to keep track of the position of all the slublings, but I think that’s manageable.

But that said, over all it still feels like half the challenge of this mechanic is the game UI itself.

the green skull problem

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I’m not a hc player, there is still so much room for improvement, but if i’m going to suck, i would like to suck because i’m a bad player with no skill, not bacause half of the time i can’t see or hear green skull (sometimes i don’t even get the massage i’m the tank).

Pls anet! Let me suck because of my lack of skill, not because of buggy UI!

the green skull problem

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The icon is green – almost everything else around you is green – it doesn’t help much.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

the green skull problem

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I imagine that the green skull icon visibility and notification will be one of the first things changed. In our group we have one person dedicated to calling it out. By name.

Though the more you do the fight the easier it will be to see. I have no problem with it now after a couple hours in there.

the green skull problem

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Playing as an asura, the green skull appears inside Slothasar more often than not and is not visible.

I have never once seen a text notification on screen for the green skull.

Watching for it in the chat box is not an option.

I play with sound on, but have not heard the sound.

I don’t have issues with the purple icon. It is more visible (not green on green on green). I clearly see on screen text notification when I’m fixated.

I would really like a UI element that I can resize and move anywhere on my screen for these kinds of special mechanics. I would also really like some way to turn down the copious amounts of visual clutter and effects in a granular way.