to make dungeons more fun?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

What would you add to make dungeons more enjoyable?

Add three things you think could be added to dungeons/bosses to make it a more challenging/fun experience

1) Rather than just increasing a bosses vitality have some that have increased toughness
2) Bosses with incredibly fast attacks the only examples I can think of this are Frost and the flamethrower charr in CoF path 2
3) Boss with special effects/unique abilities or defenses (ex. Kanaxi had in GW1 had to knock him down to start moving his health down again, but when he was knocked down he spawned a bunch of adds on your head)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

1.)Random Mob spawn placement.
2.)Give Lupicus Dual Swords
3.)Add Gambits

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

1) Bosses with clearly choreographed, learnable mechanics that although punishing, aren’t so punishing to not allow you to take more than one hit.

2) Bosses that aren’t just scaled up models (did you guys see those norn aetherblade champions during scarlet events? they were just scaled up norn, though if what I’ve heard about GW1 is correct, would that be closer to their actual size anyway?)

So basically … Lupicus.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

1.)Random Mob spawn placement.
2.)Give Lupicus Dual Swords
3.)Add Gambits

This^

I like number 1 because right now everything is set. Even a new mechanic takes a couple of days (at most) to learn then it’s just memorization.

More RNG in the dungeons, less RNG for drops.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

1) Unique abilities that require some sort of counterPLAY not counterGEAR (I’m talking to all the guys that want soldiers/knights to be a requirement)
2) Decent animations, no champion frost wolf type of bullkitten
3) Damage/Abilities that fit to the “action rpg” combat style of GW2 (similar to 1))
4) Better rewards, not in gold, but in other USEFUL items, not 100000000000000 stacks of bloodstone dust/emprythingy fragments
5) Challenge modes
6) Different ways of aproaching Dungeons. This isquite well done in the original dungeons, not that well in ta newfu. IMO you should have a real choice between killing or skipping trash. Yes that means killing trash should be worth the time AND involove some mechanics different from “may become invulnerable”- Take some arah trashgroups for example, killing these is interesting if you do it- Aeterblade mobs on the other hand? Nothing that would require you to actually think about what do, just autoattack.
7) Rewarding experience, but not making it a requirement- Some of it is done by the notes under a mobs hp bar, but “steamlining” some abilities while still having some unique abilities/enviroments/adds would help quite a lot.
8) Buff mesmer
9) Buff necro
10) Buff…. Nevermind. Avoid general bullkitten happening. For example bugs that cause bosses to not spawn or not get hostile, mobs appearing out of nowhere, gorillas, high priest of melandru, waypoints not spawning, bosses not correctly resetting.

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

bounty hunt inside dungeon (optional boses and/or treasure chests)

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Reward system should be something like…

For every enemy you kill, your end reward goes up by one Silver or something…

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

A magic object that teleports you at the end boss would be fun .

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Reward system should be something like…

For every enemy you kill, your end reward goes up by one Silver or something…

SAB has a kill count that is supposed to increase your drops at the end. I don’t think it worked very well.

If they could do this in dungeons, and say add 1%MF for every mob killed (if his dungeon MF applied to chests) I think it would help kill trash. Obviously there would be work toning some paths down or some paths up.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

A magic object that teleports you at the end boss would be fun .

magic button:

click once – get reward for the dungeon
click twice – popup ‘u win teh internet’
click three times – black hole opens, and everybody dies

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Balance professions for pve rather than only on PvP

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Or the opposite: stop splitting PvE and PvP skills, keep PvP balance but rework dunduns to require PvP mechanics.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

1) Bosses with clearly choreographed, learnable mechanics that although punishing, aren’t so punishing to not allow you to take more than one hit.

2) Bosses that aren’t just scaled up models (did you guys see those norn aetherblade champions during scarlet events? they were just scaled up norn, though if what I’ve heard about GW1 is correct, would that be closer to their actual size anyway?)

So basically … Lupicus.

This.
+ 3) Other fun mechanics/tasks to do for variety. The new TA path is a perfect example of it (I like the way they are going). Last boss of CoF story, “The Patriarch” from new AC exp are als decent examples..

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

We want more lupicus and less ginva the butcher. Bosses without ridiculous autoattack damage, that have a large number of skills all of which create a very stressful but manageable battle.

[DnT]

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I want lupicus to hit with his projectiles in melee range!

LordByron.8369

Or the opposite: stop splitting PvE and PvP skills, keep PvP balance but rework dunduns to require PvP mechanics.

Reading PvP boards i read dev stating Splitting costs too much.
Requires too much work.
All they do is balancing on Capture the point on PvP…..with really occasional WWW and even more rare PvE splits.

Id better have more skill splits and less living story….as possibly everyone else.
Unfortunately PvE balance lives on big excuses (and glitches) that makes “anything viable”.

Obviously “fun” is never taken in account…all people care of is dps (if 11111 is “viable” then why even caring)…so they just give excuses to devs to not look at problems that should ve been dealt of even before release.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

I feel most of the dungeons have too many glitches, exploitable issues, hp sponge bosses, lack of interesting mechanics, and too many skippable mobs with little reason to kill them. Shouldn’t dungeons be a priority in Anet’s work list, since many people do run them daily?

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

better dungeon maps and not some linear/tiny/stuffy maps.

Good examples would be like angvar’s trove or langmar estate, those places have character

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

1) Unique abilities that require some sort of counterPLAY not counterGEAR (I’m talking to all the guys that want soldiers/knights to be a requirement)
2) Decent animations, no champion frost wolf type of bullkitten
3) Damage/Abilities that fit to the “action rpg” combat style of GW2 (similar to 1))
4) Better rewards, not in gold, but in other USEFUL items, not 100000000000000 stacks of bloodstone dust/emprythingy fragments
5) Challenge modes
6) Different ways of aproaching Dungeons. This isquite well done in the original dungeons, not that well in ta newfu. IMO you should have a real choice between killing or skipping trash. Yes that means killing trash should be worth the time AND involove some mechanics different from “may become invulnerable”- Take some arah trashgroups for example, killing these is interesting if you do it- Aeterblade mobs on the other hand? Nothing that would require you to actually think about what do, just autoattack.
7) Rewarding experience, but not making it a requirement- Some of it is done by the notes under a mobs hp bar, but “steamlining” some abilities while still having some unique abilities/enviroments/adds would help quite a lot.
8) Buff mesmer
9) Buff necro
10) Buff…. Nevermind. Avoid general bullkitten happening. For example bugs that cause bosses to not spawn or not get hostile, mobs appearing out of nowhere, gorillas, high priest of melandru, waypoints not spawning, bosses not correctly resetting.

Pretty good list. I would also add that bosses in general should use fewer monster-only skills and try to use more player-skills.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Flintsteen.2317

Flintsteen.2317

I know most of you think Explorer mode is easy, but when i first did it with a Group of friends (we were level 40-50) it was just a bit too hard imo considering it’s a leveling dungeon. imo make Explorer mode easier and then make a new mode for level 80 only and make that hard. You could even make it a bit harder than now. It’s not that i mind dying in my dungeons, but when i’m leveling not quite so much.

You could even take the oportunity to add a better drops or other tokens in thoose exclusive 80 dungeons and just keep the tokens in the easier Explorer mode dungeons for people to gear up for the level 80 dungeons.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Anytime you get hit by a dodgeable mechanic, you owe the rest of the party 50s. Teaches you to be a better player while making my wallet fat.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

• Stacking to be gone forever and be considered an exploit. It exploits the dumb AI trivialize dungeons.
  • Mob AI to be redesigned so that Boon stripping, interrupting, snares, and projectiles to be useful.
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

TLDR: Anet should make encounters that challenge players to play GW2 in a different way. Such as discourage stacking in some situations with in game mechanics like aoe. Make different play styles viable by monster armor levels, condition application, boons and varied skill sets. These skill sets will encourage positioning and other play styles while not 100% forcing them.

Redesign Silver Mobs to have synergistic skill sets If anyone remembers Slaver’s Exile from GW1. Mobs there had builds similar to human parties with skill sets that worked together to make a challenging dungeon for a balanced party. Dredge boon stack+stuns+range attacks and maybe Aethers are the closest thing to that.

Some Examples based on the idea of Mobs acting more like players using skills that complement each other, by filling the roles of the GW2 trinity Support, Control, and Damage.

-Have an a enemy that can stack defensive boons of a long duration on a channeled skill. Usually one or two in a group. Suddenly Interrupts and boon strip are useful You do no not want to be DPS things with protection Condition builds also get a boost if the protection is rampant enough or some mobs have higher armor values. Give mobs ways to cause weakness also helps condi builds by lowering dps of Zerk builds.

-Create a melee mob that has Aoe Knock back or fear. Suddenly stacking to maximize dps not as smart, unless u stability or stun break/ Make some melee enemies cleave like players.

-Give casters spam-able aoe damage or blind field but not huge to discourage corner stacking hmm maybe we have to think now. Even bonus points for making caster that calls melee minions that explode on death. When players stack to win they may wipe.

-Possible synergy: One mob has an immobilizing attack which triggers another mob to charge this target and then use a channeled high dps attack like 100b. you must either cleanse use stun or hope for your teammate to do that for you.

Design Bosses that force team work or failure: Unlike our current bosses these bosses are by design not solo friendly and require team work no one player can carry the team.

Lets say there is a champ that has a leap attack that he uses 3 times in a row, on 10 sec cool down. He will leap on someone different as long as there is someone in his range. He uses has a stomp skill with huge blowout to punish bad melee ranged are punished by their friends deaths from leap chain if they wander. Melee cleaves,standing in front of him as a party may not be smart but his target kiting and the rest melee from behind could work. Hey Awesome we made a boss where positioning matters and can not be solo while still not being OP. Experienced players can melee him to some effect to speed up runs at a higher dodge tax and risk of not being able to see who he is leaping on and wasting precious dodges. The whole party getting stomped may cause a player to die from being hit by a full leap chain.

-Make a boss that has ranged attacks where reflects can not be exploited for easy kills (I am using the proper definition of exploit not the kind you here on forums everywhere). Ranged boss with rapid fire attack that will camp a player for 10 sec long enough to down a squishy. To not get killed by him players need to rotate themselves into the bosses line of fire or get into special cover spots. The boss will acquire new targets as long as someone is not in cover. When the boss gets his attack reflected or everyone is in cover. He will swap to a stronger burst aoe ground target skill on his target after finishing his volley. Now you have to think about reflects, I can make the boss hurt himself for good damage but this might cause my teammate to die. Scenario 2 this boss is pressuring me, I can throw down a reflect and time my dodges to escape his aoe channeled skill if he targets me after that i may die if my team mate does not take some of the hits for me. Hey I just made another boss that needs teamwork that is very difficult to beat alone but when a team knows the fight can be a lot easier. This is designed to force the team to manage their health pools as if it was one pool. Ignoring boss mechanics will likely lead in wipe or deaths. The boss will do decent damage but a Zerk team that can manage their collective health can win but requires a tight rotation. The tankier the team the easier it is but the longer it takes. Trade offs are there risk vs reward.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

• Stacking to be gone forever and be considered an exploit. It exploits the dumb AI trivialize dungeons.
  • Mob AI to be redesigned so that Boon stripping, interrupting, snares, and projectiles to be useful.

Why wouldn’t people stack? The closer you are to the rest of your party the easier it is to share boons and combo fields… Why in god’s name would that be considered an exploit? Also how does it trivialize dungeons… I’m really not understanding how stacking is that big of a deal. These aren’t rhetorical question, please answer so I can try to understand your thought process.

[DnT]

(edited by Syn Sity.5826)

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

TLDR: Anet should make encounters that challenge players to play GW2 in a different way. Such as discourage stacking in some situations with in game mechanics like aoe. Make different play styles viable by monster armor levels, condition application, boons and varied skill sets. These skill sets will encourage positioning and other play styles while not 100% forcing them.

Redesign Silver Mobs to have synergistic skill sets If anyone remembers Slaver’s Exile from GW1. Mobs there had builds similar to human parties with skill sets that worked together to make a challenging dungeon for a balanced party. Dredge boon stack+stuns+range attacks and maybe Aethers are the closest thing to that.

Some Examples based on the idea of Mobs acting more like players using skills that complement each other, by filling the roles of the GW2 trinity Support, Control, and Damage.

-Have an a enemy that can stack defensive boons of a long duration on a channeled skill. Usually one or two in a group. Suddenly Interrupts and boon strip are useful You do no not want to be DPS things with protection Condition builds also get a boost if the protection is rampant enough or some mobs have higher armor values. Give mobs ways to cause weakness also helps condi builds by lowering dps of Zerk builds.

-Create a melee mob that has Aoe Knock back or fear. Suddenly stacking to maximize dps not as smart, unless u stability or stun break/ Make some melee enemies cleave like players.

-Give casters spam-able aoe damage or blind field but not huge to discourage corner stacking hmm maybe we have to think now. Even bonus points for making caster that calls melee minions that explode on death. When players stack to win they may wipe.

-Possible synergy: One mob has an immobilizing attack which triggers another mob to charge this target and then use a channeled high dps attack like 100b. you must either cleanse use stun or hope for your teammate to do that for you.

Design Bosses that force team work or failure: Unlike our current bosses these bosses are by design not solo friendly and require team work no one player can carry the team.

Lets say there is a champ that has a leap attack that he uses 3 times in a row, on 10 sec cool down. He will leap on someone different as long as there is someone in his range. He uses has a stomp skill with huge blowout to punish bad melee ranged are punished by their friends deaths from leap chain if they wander. Melee cleaves,standing in front of him as a party may not be smart but his target kiting and the rest melee from behind could work. Hey Awesome we made a boss where positioning matters and can not be solo while still not being OP. Experienced players can melee him to some effect to speed up runs at a higher dodge tax and risk of not being able to see who he is leaping on and wasting precious dodges. The whole party getting stomped may cause a player to die from being hit by a full leap chain.

-Make a boss that has ranged attacks where reflects can not be exploited for easy kills (I am using the proper definition of exploit not the kind you here on forums everywhere). Ranged boss with rapid fire attack that will camp a player for 10 sec long enough to down a squishy. To not get killed by him players need to rotate themselves into the bosses line of fire or get into special cover spots. The boss will acquire new targets as long as someone is not in cover. When the boss gets his attack reflected or everyone is in cover. He will swap to a stronger burst aoe ground target skill on his target after finishing his volley. Now you have to think about reflects, I can make the boss hurt himself for good damage but this might cause my teammate to die. Scenario 2 this boss is pressuring me, I can throw down a reflect and time my dodges to escape his aoe channeled skill if he targets me after that i may die if my team mate does not take some of the hits for me. Hey I just made another boss that needs teamwork that is very difficult to beat alone but when a team knows the fight can be a lot easier. This is designed to force the team to manage their health pools as if it was one pool. Ignoring boss mechanics will likely lead in wipe or deaths. The boss will do decent damage but a Zerk team that can manage their collective health can win but requires a tight rotation. The tankier the team the easier it is but the longer it takes. Trade offs are there risk vs reward.

Big walls of text make Homer something something…

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

How to make dungeons more fun? Move some temple bosses and other open world bosses to dungeons.

Zelyhn.8069

How to make dungeons more fun? Move some temple bosses and other open world bosses to dungeons.

You just made forums more fun!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

adding skill requirements is overrated, just add dredge

Zelyhn.8069

adding skill requirements is overrated, just add dredge

Obviously this game intends to reward people for their ability to mindlessly farm (dig) some repetitive “content”, so yes I think dredges are appropriate.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

haviz.1340

You just made forums more fun!

Check this and repent.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Old meta: just add dredge

New meta: just add krait (water optional)

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

LordByron.8369

Just require a mix of both ranged and melee combat.
Example:
Boss like lupicus should use his ranged attack even melee but give priority to ranged targets if there are none then use it against melee players.
Make the ranged attack easier to avoid the farther you are but not too easy.

This force the Group to split 2-3 (just because if the ranged get downed someone have to ress) giving more depth to the fights.

Also change defiant to a maximum of 5 rather than 20 -.-
WIth 5 you can start to use CC to interrupt Attacks.

If you are lazy just use fractal boss approach that are way more balanced than dungeon ones.

Also BALANCE professions for PVE…expecially warriors and guardians (and then ele FGS).
They are the primary responsible for current PVE stacking meta, stacking without that insane DPS+support is not so easy in many situations.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Idk if dungeon should be more fun, but surely this subforum never fails at it.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

haviz.1340

Example:
Boss like lupicus should use his ranged attack even melee but give priority to ranged targets if there are none then use it against melee players.
Make the ranged attack easier to avoid the farther you are but not too easy.

This force the Group to split 2-3 (just because if the ranged get downed someone have to ress) giving more depth to the fights.

Also change defiant to a maximum of 5 rather than 20 -.-
WIth 5 you can start to use CC to interrupt Attacks.

If you are lazy just use fractal boss approach that are way more balanced than dungeon ones.

Also BALANCE professions for PVE…expecially warriors and guardians (and then ele FGS).
They are the primary responsible for current PVE stacking meta, stacking without that insane DPS+support is not so easy in many situations.

When will you understand that ranged combat is an utter borefest no one except bads want to be viable? There is nothing challenging at kiting the boss and pew-pewing with your lazer-spewing greatsword.

Stacking happens because of limited range of support. Make party split and there will be even less support used in dungeons and we all know how we love support.

Even with 5 defiant stacks (almost) no one uses cc against the bosses except snares to kite them even easier. Whole unshakeable mechanic needs to be changed.

Warriors are balanced, however reflections are not. You can try doing your lovely fractals without reflections with 4-5 warriors, tell me how that goes for you.

LordByron.8369

When will you understand that ranged combat is an utter borefest no one except bads want to be viable?

try this:
Lupicus or imbued shaman

Ele scepter/focus whatever build you like.
or shatter mesmer.

SOLO…..(don t care if you succeed or not).

That is quite like playing with pugs ranged.

If you say its not WAY more fun than the usual stack party when you don t even have to evade because stuff dies too fast, you are a liar.

Unless reward = fun for you.

P.S.: Changed slighty to make forum trolls sad…..

P.p.S._

Warriors are balanced, however reflections are not. You can try doing your lovely fractals without reflections with 4-5 warriors, tell me how that goes for you.

done…..went good….was hard but went good…we had to “range” stuff btw i had 2 thieves only one of them used smokescreen….i was using a staff ele with no aura share,

Last thing:
if you want to make dungeon FUN…
1) ignore this forum (if a player judge you because “youtube video does otherwyse” its not an elitist …..is just a bad player….try stuff and discuss stuff NEVER judge people).
2) try all your weapons in every single situation, try to find a use for each skill/utility if possible.
3) PUG!PUG!PUG! (it adds randomness to fights, and thus fun)
4) sometimes go with speedrunners to grind your equip :/ but remember that is only grinding….

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

maybe the day you will actually TRY ranged combat =/= leeching.

even with mesmer GS you are totally wrong….
Forget for once efficiency….and try a shatter build.
You are a liar if you tell me its not fun.

Two sentences in one post that just show how pointless a discussion with you would be.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Zelyhn.8069

Ranging anything is boooooring.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

haviz.1340

try this:
Lupicus or imbued shaman

Ele scepter/focus whatever build you like.
or shatter mesmer.

SOLO…..(don t care if you succeed or not).

That is quite like playing with pugs ranged.

If you say its not WAY more fun than the usual stack party when you don t even have to evade because stuff dies too fast, you are a liar.

Hm, I did solo lupicus with scepter/focus like 8 months ago. And I do melee imbued shaman with my ele without guardians. I don’t recall dying them faster than I had to make my first evade at least that was the case with level 79 shaman.

done…..went good….was hard but went good…we had to “range” stuff btw i had 2 thieves only one of them used smokescreen….i was using a staff ele with no aura share,

It is not impossible but it is harder. I did level 79 fractals without guardians and mesmers and with one guardian and one mesmer and the difference is night and day. I won’t even mention how two guardians make life easier.

Last thing:
if you want to make dungeon FUN…
1) ignore this forum (if a player judge you because “youtube video does otherwyse” its not an elitist …..is just a bad player….try stuff and discuss stuff NEVER judge people).
2) try all your weapons in every single situation, try to find a use for each skill/utility if possible.
3) PUG!PUG!PUG!
4) sometimes go with speedrunners to grind your equip :/ but remember that is only grinding….

1. People on this forum are actually making those videos.
  2. I actually change my utilities/weapon sets for every encounter.
  3. That is the biggest nonsenser I have ever seen.
  4. Pugging is not grinding then? Your logic amazes me.

To sum it up, it is always nice to argue with you.

haviz.1340

One more thing, when you range your lovely fractal bosses they use less attacks then in melee (imbued shaman, archdiviner, dredge suit, ice elemental, mossman, ashyn, kitten golems, jellyfish). So much fun.

Dub.1273

Not just less attacks, also less frequently and easier to avoid.

Dub | [rT]

LordByron.8369

One more thing, when you range your lovely fractal bosses they use less attacks then in melee (imbued shaman, archdiviner, dredge suit, ice elemental, mossman, ashyn, kitten golems, jellyfish). So much fun.

Stop judging people, stop feeling the best in the world.
You can learn something even from the worst player in the game.
So you can stop fighting on the forum to have fun…..

Pugging is not grinding then? Your logic amazes me.

just this…
Did you ever pug?
Makes sense …buy a mmoprg and play with the usual 5-10 players…then complain the game is boring

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Zelyhn.8069

The instant you start making personal arguments is the instant your credibility flies away far far away above the cloud never to return …
The only thing there is to learn from the worse players is how to cope with bad designs.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

LordByron.8369

The instant you start making personal arguments is the instant your credibility flies away far far away above the cloud never to return …
The only thing there is to learn from the worse players is how to cope with bad designs.

oh well to see who is more credible and who is usually trolling i find personal post history quite efficient.

Have a nice day and thank you again to make posting on this forum so unpleasant.

GW2 balance:

haviz.1340

Ranged combat makes players simply leech of their teammates in melee. You don’t have to do anything except kiting, snaring and lazer-spewing. Fractal bosses have horrible mechanics because they are highly anti-melee, how many players melee imbued shaman, ashyn (especially in phase 3), archdiviner in phase 2, dredge suit, ice elemental, mossman or bloomhunger? Those bosses are so fun, kite around them and pew-pew with longbow/scepter. Engaging, I’d say. For you, maybe.

just this…
Did you ever pug?
Makes sense …buy a mmoprg and play with the usual 5-10 players…then complain the game is boring

Imagine some of us had to pug before they found their new friends. But later on they found people who also decided that running with bads is a simple waste of time. Well, I guess that might be a definition of fun for someone.

haviz.1340

Is it just me or some of the arguments here are more than fitting to put them in a signature?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I learn alot from the worst players. I learned that its possible to bear bow the the evolved destroyer from the top of the platform. Sure it took 5 passes, but NOBODY DIED. So easy why did I never think to do it before.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Infamous Darkness.3284

personally I have to agree slightly with LordByron.8369 about PuG, I personally really enjoy them and while they may take a lot longer than a guild run and I might have to carry some people I find enjoyment in this and it is not a waste of my time, yes it takes more time to do the same content and you get less reward per min spent, but I truly enjoy going into a group wondering what I’m going to get and changing my strategy based on what the group might be doing, all of this being said I still sometimes get upset with pugs especially after asking them not to do certain things (ex. necros dark fields on top of blast finishers in SE dredge paths especially). I often enjoy a guild run of dungeons too but unless we r all running underlevels/short man or something along those lines its just going to be the same run I’ve done hundreds of other times, everyone knows what to do, where to stack, consumables to use…not so much variety and it gets a bit monotonous sometimes. (sorry I got long winded, but that is the reason I often enjoy pugs)

Dub.1273

LordByron, not only pugging is the only real way to have fun, zerging temples is too. Doing it with 5 guildies alone is just to grind ascended weapons, have to meet 200 random people you don’t know so you can range 11111 your fun!

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I guess I need to stop grinding with my friends and start having fun with pugs.

Infamous Darkness.3284

lol @spoj that’s not what I was saying if that is directed at me, if you enjoy running with your guildies more by all means continue doing it, I just enjoy the randomness and the difficulty of running with PuGs sometimes it is actually more difficult than soloing the dungeon, sometimes it goes surprisingly smooth.